Notices

Old 2006-01-04, 06:11   Link #41
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerooooo
The pope said : "download everything Kamichu! and thus there will be worldpeace."
/me downloads like a mindless pope-zombie

Amen to that!

/me downloads like a mindless Otaku-Freak

Old 2006-01-04, 16:36   Link #42
Seyluun

Kamichu 6 is the first anime I download that didn't work with the CCCP... I guess i'll just wait a bit more for the other groups release.

Edit: I just figured it works with Zoom Player, but not with BSplayer wich I usually use. Strange.

Last edited by Seyluun; 2006-01-04 at 18:32.
Seyluun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 16:38   Link #43
Calca
Expressionless

It should work with CCCP. Mine did.

Make sure all your old codecs are erased. Also, I believe CCCP recently released an updated version so you may want to install that one.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 16:56   Link #44
eean

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
What both of you fail to understand is that iichan is subbing episodes that DO NOT have good subs available. iichan is re-subbing these episodes because the TV versions lack scenes. If you haven't seen the DVD versions that iichan is still doing, then you haven't seen the entire episodes. In the case of Kamichu, DVD version doesn't just mean video quality -- it means another minute and a half of animation.

Kamichu episodes 4-5 still do NOT have a good fansub. I'm looking forward to seeing the iichan version.
Excuse me if I don't start a riot over 1.5 minutes of content.
eean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 17:20   Link #45
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by eean
Excuse me if I don't start a riot over 1.5 minutes of content.
So how many minutes of content will you riot over? 2.3 minutes? 3.563 minutes? 10 minutes? 15 minutes? 23 minutes... ... Oh damn, that's right, that's one whole episode ...

OH SHIT WE HAVE STUMBLED UPON THE HEAP PARADOX LAWL
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 17:59   Link #46
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Well, I'm not going to start a riot over any amount of new content. Not even for a whole hour of Kamichu.

On the other hand, I do think it is worth downloading a 175 MB file and watching it for as little as 5 seconds of new footage.

You need to keep these things in persepective. A riot is a much bigger thing than downloading a single anime episode.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 18:11   Link #47
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

To me, it is kind of like waiting for the "director's cut" .... plus I have to manage my total bandwidth .... so ... I'm fine with waiting for iichan ... plus I like their guides at the end.

I think their guides are so useful that the producers would be remiss not to include them (or something like them) in the DVDs when they get licensed for R1 ..... hows that

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-01-04 at 22:42.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 18:22   Link #48
Calca
Expressionless

I redownloaded it because the first release for episode 1 was over 300megs and the second was something like 280 megs.

It saves quite a bit of space to get rid of those older ones.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 23:34   Link #49
Ansible

Just dlded the chuchuchu rel of ep 6. Thx chuchuchu people! Now this may be considered a little OT in this thread, but can anyone recommend a player that handles the softsubs in this release? In VLC they are often on top of each other.
Ansible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 23:47   Link #50
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansible
Just dlded the chuchuchu rel of ep 6. Thx chuchuchu people! Now this may be considered a little OT in this thread, but can anyone recommend a player that handles the softsubs in this release? In VLC they are often on top of each other.
I haven't seen this (nor do I plan to...waiting for the awesome goodness from iichan), but try using a player called The Core Media Player or Media Player Classic. Both of those have served me well with soft-subs in the past.

Cheers.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 23:53   Link #51
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
To me, it is kind of like waiting for the "director's cut" .... plus I have to manage my total bandwidth .... so ... I'm fine with waiting for iichan ... plus I like their guides at the end.

I think their guides are so useful that the producers would be remiss not to include them (or something like them) in the DVDs when they get licensed for R1 ..... hows that
Amen to this as well.

It would be so cool if all groups were to do the same with all their releases. (leaving side notes at the end of each episode)
Old 2006-01-05, 08:22   Link #52
Freak Of Nature
Translator / iitran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E.
Amen to this as well.

It would be so cool if all groups were to do the same with all their releases. (leaving side notes at the end of each episode)
All credit for this idea goes to whispers, who started adding explanatory notes on Victorian culture to the scanlated Emma manga, way before the anime came along. When the time came to fansub the anime, we decided to do the same for it, and created whispers' Guide to Emma.

I helped a lot with the Guide for the Emma anime, and it was great fun -- I'm an historian by profession, and it was right up my alley.

For the Kamichu fansubs, I got the job of doing the Guide, and I can tell you that it's just as much fun, even though it isn't so much historical material, this time.

BTW, ep. 4 will be released soon, and will feature probably the longest Guide so far (to make up for the short one in ep. 3).

お楽しみにちゅ
Freak Of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 09:38   Link #53
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak Of Nature
All credit for this idea goes to whispers, who started adding explanatory notes on Victorian culture to the scanlated Emma manga, way before the anime came along. When the time came to fansub the anime, we decided to do the same for it, and created whispers' Guide to Emma.

I helped a lot with the Guide for the Emma anime, and it was great fun -- I'm an historian by profession, and it was right up my alley.

For the Kamichu fansubs, I got the job of doing the Guide, and I can tell you that it's just as much fun, even though it isn't so much historical material, this time.

BTW, ep. 4 will be released soon, and will feature probably the longest Guide so far (to make up for the short one in ep. 3).

お楽しみにちゅ

OMAE WA DAISUKI!

*gives lots of Man *
Old 2006-01-08, 05:52   Link #54
NeoSam

Ahh I still remember the day I posted about "Ero-Chu!" LOL (you know the thing about pink tentacle monster and Yurie and and ... ) j/k don't flame me again >.<

Anyway first volume of Kamichu! manga is going to be released soon
Old 2006-01-08, 07:20   Link #55
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Since I have access to Taiwan-based chinese translated manga, I'm curious to whether Kamichu! (the manga) has been picked up by any Taiwan-based publishers.

I find myself to be utterly charmed by the anime... There is a very distinct Ghibli-like feel to it.
Old 2006-01-08, 10:52   Link #56
RoRo_en_el_foro

My relevant posts were saying:

- Yurie's city is Onomichi:
http://www.geocities.co.jp/MotorCity...i/kamichu.html

edit: url change
- And spanish subs for the chuchuchuu release:
http://www.animesubs.org/muestra_sub...Director~s_cut

Last edited by RoRo_en_el_foro; 2006-12-28 at 14:30.
RoRo_en_el_foro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 19:56   Link #57
nojay
Scanlator

More stuff about Onomichi

Here's a travelogue off a DVD I've got about Onomichi made by a film director, Nobuhiko Obayashi who made a famous trilogy of movies set in the town in the 80s. Sorry but no subtitles. The early part of this is 8mm shot in the 60s when he was a kid and the later part is contemporary.
It's about 90Mb, in xVid .avi.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KFQS8EUF
nojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 18:56   Link #58
mj_mjohnson
Anything but Cliche

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay
Here's a travelogue off a DVD I've got about Onomichi made by a film director, Nobuhiko Obayashi who made a famous trilogy of movies set in the town in the 80s. Sorry but no subtitles. The early part of this is 8mm shot in the 60s when he was a kid and the later part is contemporary.
It's about 90Mb, in xVid .avi.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KFQS8EUF
Thanks for posting this. I'm a big sucker for small Japanese towns, which may also explain why I feel so nostalgic when I watch Kamichu as well :-)
mj_mjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 19:43   Link #59
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj_mjohnson
Thanks for posting this. I'm a big sucker for small Japanese towns, which may also explain why I feel so nostalgic when I watch Kamichu as well :-)
Check out arc 1 (eps 1-12) of Zettai Shonen, if you haven't yet. One of the best depictions of small-town Japan I've seen.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 04:00   Link #60
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm not sure which is crazier .... that the production team obviously scouted this town out and took all sorts of reference photos to use in their design (and matched it so closely) ....
or that some fan took the incredible time and pain to track the town down AND take all these comparison shots.

Anyway, its a very cool looking town and going on my "places to visit" should my plan of spending in Japan pan out.

Tags
slice of life