Notices

Old 2010-10-24, 06:41   Link #541
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
The design with the armour and gun mainly. Then there's a class of character named "Daemonhunters" too in WH40K.

Let's not forget how Blizzard based their SC's Marines and Zergs on 40K's Space Marines and Tyranids too. And don't even start on Warcraft and Warhammer fantasy here.
The armor design has been in Blizzard games for ages now, man. Why complain now? You know you're just going to ignite flame with your post (and I sincerely hope you didn't come here to just flame away). How else would you want plate armor to look, anyway? One that stylistically fits a female body. You'd rather have her look like a steel barrel with limbs? No, thanks.

With Starcraft, I can agree, Zerg are nothing original. And certainly not nowadays after all those Aliens movies and lots of games. But all this is just like bashing every game and film out there that has elves or dwarves in them. Pointless discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Isn't that stretching a bit too much? =/

I mean, the design doesn't look similar, or my eyes just fail me, and Demon Hunter isn't exactly a exclusive class from WH40K either.
Demon Hunter is as generic as it can get. Dunno why he even tries all this.
Old 2010-10-24, 06:46   Link #542
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Isn't that stretching a bit too much? =/

I mean, the design doesn't look similar, or my eyes just fail me, and Demon Hunter isn't exactly a exclusive class from WH40K either.
Well, females in full covered form fitting armour probably isn't exactly a new concept thought up by GW back in '97.

But given Blizzard's history and how they based almost everything on GW's IP, it's just natural for me once I took a good look at the Demon Hunter's design.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 06:46   Link #543
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Interesting...

In the Q&A session, it has been confirmed that being killed PvP in Hardcore mode will kill your character.

So Hardcore Arena will literally BE Gladiatorial fight to the death; Two Enter, One Leaves.
Old 2010-10-24, 07:00   Link #544
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Interesting...

In the Q&A session, it has been confirmed that being killed PvP in Hardcore mode will kill your character.

So Hardcore Arena will literally BE Gladiatorial fight to the death; Two Enter, One Leaves.
Well it is Hardcore mode, I'd expect as such

Now to wait and see if Hardcore mode is maintained for the actual game, then we're talking

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 07:05   Link #545
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Well it is Hardcore mode, I'd expect as such

Now to wait and see if Hardcore mode is maintained for the actual game, then we're talking
Feat of Strength: Highlander

Win The Hardcore Arena

~~~~ ~~~~

Old 2010-10-24, 07:08   Link #546
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Hardcore is Hardcore If the game isn't scary enough, this certain would be

Though I cross my fingers and hope that the game would at least be 'creepy', I recently went to one of Blizzard's art convention, at the Diablo section I was reminded how unnerving the original two games were. Okay, so maybe it had more to do with me being kid when those games were out, but I hope they still could capture part of those feelings in the third game
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 08:40   Link #547
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Sounds like a bragging rights competition on youtube.....if that is so, why don't one of us create a character named JustinBieber, SarahPalin or KimJongIl then have it whack through the many levels of hell?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 08:53   Link #548
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I got a bad feeling Paladin is 100% not in the game, we already have a holy warrior
Old 2010-10-24, 09:06   Link #549
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I'll say it again , DH is the last class revealed in the game so no more class now .
Unless that they make Extansion or Dlc .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 09:27   Link #550
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
I'll say it again , DH is the last class revealed in the game so no more class now .
Unless that they make Expansion or Dlc .
Oh, there's no doubt about expansions. We're talking about Blizzard here.

They wouldn't miss a chance for extra cash.
Old 2010-10-24, 09:37   Link #551
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Sounds like a bragging rights competition on youtube.....if that is so, why don't one of us create a character named JustinBieber, SarahPalin or KimJongIl then have it whack through the many levels of hell?
First person to get through Nightmare difficulty on Hardcore mode wins?

*still has nightmares of "Immune to Physical" *

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 10:15   Link #552
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post

Yeah no doubt there. I mean for now this is all the classes that we have. But down the road I'd expect it to be similar to D2. We'll get an expansion at some point with a couple more classes.

Still a pretty solid group we've got here. Honestly just not interested in the Witch Doctor, but the others I could see myself using at least once.
Old 2010-10-24, 10:29   Link #553
brocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post

Speaking of cash. I bet there's gonna be some little micro-transaction you can pay to resurrect a dead HC character into a non HC one or something along those lines.

Not digging the new Demon Hunter class though. Something just doesn't sit right with me when you have dual wield corssbow handguns in Diablo...

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 11:27   Link #554
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:

They said they are going to try to avoid making monsters immune to certain builds from ever killing them. Monsters will instead get massively reduced damage, but otherwise the intention is that it will take longer to kill a monster, but you will manage if given enough time.

It's also how they are changing elemental resistances for the player; it will no longer be a percentages game, but instead be treated like you do with defence stats. So you won't certainly be getting negative resistance for going up a difficulty.
Old 2010-10-24, 11:55   Link #555
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Quote:

Ya, it was funny to meet a monster on Hell difficulty that gave you more problems than the three prime evils themselves.
Old 2010-10-24, 12:01   Link #556
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Unless that they make Extansion or Dlc .
my bad, i read somewhere they said they announced their will be 1 more. guess i read wrong.
Old 2010-10-25, 00:30   Link #557
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Demon hunter is assassin with crossbow. Totally fine with her sporting medieval heels dual wielding xbow. Hell bring in those boobplates while they are at it. They already have those gigantic shoulderplate, practicality and realism was never there for diablo to start with.
Old 2010-10-25, 00:58   Link #558
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
Speaking of cash. I bet there's gonna be some little micro-transaction you can pay to resurrect a dead HC character into a non HC one or something along those lines.

Not digging the new Demon Hunter class though. Something just doesn't sit right with me when you have dual wield corssbow handguns in Diablo...
http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20101025/

When I saw the video I was wondering why you would duel-weld crossbows. I mean how'd you reload?

Unless they're the chinese version which are repeating but those are two-handed weapons.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 04:16   Link #559
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post

When I saw the video I was wondering why you would duel-weld crossbows. I mean how'd you reload?

Unless they're the chinese version which are repeating but those are two-handed weapons.

well maybe lets start to think that those are "magic arrows" XD you dont need to reload the arrow as it appears itself sec after last shot.... less bugging xD just like with the all other arrows made by skills like we saw in the vids...

question is do you need to hold arrows/bolts in inventory like in D2...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 05:57   Link #560
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post

I'm sure everyone is bothered by it till the day it released and everyone starts bitching how bloody annoying it was to find two viable crossbows to dual wield with!

Honestly, there's monks that does lightning infused punches and wizards that calls flaming meteor from the sky... do you really want to dwell on the idea of dual wield crossbows?

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler