1 out of 10 : Painful 3 0.88%
Voters: 339. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-05-20, 03:37   Link #961
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That begs a question: why was Suzaku still in Japan? Shouldn't they have sent him to police or conquer another Area, along with all the other Elevens?

(What I mean is that they shouldn't keep Number soldiers close to their homes. They might be tempted to desert, or worse, secretly join the resistance. If you'd just send them away, you might even be able to trust them with a KF.)
Well, Suzaku is the only Rounds who knows Zero's identity and is very much connected to the entire scenario in Area 11. He is given the task to put down the Order.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 03:41   Link #962
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I meant at the beginning of S1. They should have shipped him off as soon as he enlisted.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 03:45   Link #963
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
I meant at the beginning of S1. They should have shipped him off as soon as he enlisted.
He was needed right where he is. Kallen's group had been very active and causing problems in Area 11, so Suzaku was sent to kill his own people. This is also a test of loyalty; if you kill your own, there is no turning back. And if you can't, then you are killed for insubordination and Britannia had one less security risk.

I am sure once they "proved" their loyalty, the Numbered soldiers could be moved around to other places where they are needed. Suzaku's group were Green, and thus needed fine tuning, so to speak.
Old 2008-05-20, 03:55   Link #964
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonkiluminati View Post
Would you just stop already. If your depressed becuase you're so damn convinced that coupling that you supposedly wanted to happen isn't going to happen, fine. But you don't have to keep writing about it in every damn thread.
quoted for the freaking truth im getting tired of him shoving his so called "facts" in everyone's faces, running around like a lunatic just because Lelouch and kallen almost kissed yeah so what? C.C is ahead by 2 points in that department buddy you can twist it as "plot device" "memory backup" and all that shjt but it doesnt remove that C.C kissed him twice, if c.c was not female it would have not have happened. anyway so long as we are not dealing with clamp
Old 2008-05-20, 04:00   Link #965
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Anyone noticed that Lelouch had his contact on when he was knocked out after being saved by Kallen? I wonder how he was dragged back to Ashford after that?

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 04:42   Link #966
Pathis87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
Anyone noticed that Lelouch had his contact on when he was knocked out after being saved by Kallen? I wonder how he was dragged back to Ashford after that?
CC could always have put it in or maybe someone else (like Kallen) both are unaffected to geass , besides geass isn't dangerous just by looking at it , he would actually need to give a command in his sleep

watching: Durarara - Fairy Tail -
DO NOT copy my signatures or Avatars without my permission ! http://forums.animesuki.com/album.php?u=79426
Pathis87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 05:12   Link #967
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
He was needed right where he is. Kallen's group had been very active and causing problems in Area 11,
So they bring in Nines and Tens to take care of it.

Quote:
so Suzaku was sent to kill his own people. This is also a test of loyalty; if you kill your own, there is no turning back. And if you can't, then you are killed for insubordination and Britannia had one less security risk.

I am sure once they "proved" their loyalty, the Numbered soldiers could be moved around to other places where they are needed. Suzaku's group were Green, and thus needed fine tuning, so to speak.
I still say they should have followed the Roman model instead. Fewer problems. Sure, you can't be sure of the absolutely fanatical loyalty of the Number soldiers. But you've got more men ready to do your bidding, as long as that bidding isn't killing their own damn people. Also, once they're blooded, they may be less reluctant to killing even their own.
Old 2008-05-20, 05:27   Link #968
Vorenus
Angsty Newtype

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
No prob, this is cakewalk compared to what I went through with Var

I suppose that was a fair expectation, but at the same time it is probably very easy to explain. She might have learned about it prior to the beginning of R2 during the year long absence, she and C.C were working together for a while too. At the same time it wouldn't be hard to connect the dots even if she didn't know beforehand, I think Turn 2 demonstrated that no matter what Kallen was stuck with her decision and would follow Lelouch to the end now. At the same time, I think she might have been looking for a little elaboration on his part, hence the phone call after the speech like Kang point out and seeking him out afterwards.
I have commented here why I don't think CC has told her.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=886

Quote:
I got a 'come up with a plan to take her back' in my subs so I'm not sure what to make of that translation on your part. I am starting to notice a difference though in some other translations, so I can't really say.

I'm still thinking Kallen thought with her mentality rather then from Lelouch's, that's why she referred to it as an operation, tried to keep it professional I guess >_>
All of this seems caused by a mistranslation from a particular group indeed.

Quote:
She's a 15 year old, blind, crippled girl with a naive idealism who just started her job, can we give her a little slack?
No, no way ! It was her decision to deal with such important matters as governing Area 11.
I've always had an hard time bitting bullets like teenagers governing a complex country (Cagalli in SEED/Destiny, Lacus at the end of Destiny, etc...) but that aside, she said explicitely she went out and requested that role for herself...
Naïve idealism or not, if she decided she would want to assume this position, then she can not be forgiven so easily for any mistakes she does and I'm going to consider her like any other politician or country leader from now on.

I would be more forgiving if she had been appointed by the Emperor himself and forced in the position by either Imperial Authority, BlackMail to see her brother again, or Geass brain-washing... but it isn't the case so I'm not going to excuse any of her mistake and treat her like any other governor of this series.

Quote:
I think it's precisely because Suzaku anticipated that the Order would refuse to cooperate that he took the measures he did. And he wanted to capture them alive, so if he did he could negotiate with them afterwards... in a security lock down facility of course. Maybe he did go too far after all, well at least he stopped when he did get a 'yes' from Zero
Happily Zero spoke fast enough to not be killed by overzealous Suzaku.
After all, this guy wants promotion and becoming Knight of One doesn't seem to be an easy task, even if the Emperor seems to rather like him...
People wanting to be promoted fast and to a much higher position they are at tend to be overzealous and do this kind of mistakes...

Quote:
Now, now, he didn't sacrifice family members, he did everything he did for them. And his friendships, while he might have been indirectly affecting them, he still held a lot of value for them at the same time, as Shirley showed.
If I remember well, Clovis and Euphemia were his half-brother and sister and he killed them. Since Cornelia is nowhere to be seen so far, at this point she is supposed to be dead as well.
He did everything for Nunnally, which is a very small subset of his actual family since the Emperor seems to do it like a Rabbit.
Granted, Nunnally is only the family that matters to him, but killing your siblings is probably not the easiest thing to carry on psychologically nor the least evil thing to do in the World.

Regarding his friends, he showed compassion for Shirley, but it is actually just self-guilt, which didn't stop him to follow his path (which is a decision I was happy with).
He also didn't bother putting the whole Ashford Academy in danger during the Black Rebellion and putting the Ashford family, the benevolent people who sheltered him and his dear sister, in face of even greater shame...
He put his friends on the line multiple times and it didn't seem to bother him so much... the only friend who he has shown deep concern for, is Suzaku.

Quote:
And as for the JLF, I don't blame him for disregarding them the way he did, especially when he tried the olive branch routine during the hotel jacking. Not the best of impressions then, and he basically said what he felt, that the JLF was a bunch of irresponsible and stubborn old fools who clung to a fruitless pass and could not be saved anymore. After that really I can't say Lelouch considered them as allies instead of as a hindrance he tried to make use of. He did save Toudou though if you will recall
Yeah, I know very well it was justified in his mind and as a strategu but that for the OoBK existance to be as grand as Lelouch wanted it, there was no place for another resistance organization, but my point was that it was rather high on the "evil-o-meter" to make them explode the way he did just for the sake of diversion and tactical advantage.
I'm happy with evil Lelouch so I don't mind this, but my point is that it was an evil action and that it is surprising to see him indulge himself in fantasies like keeping friendships and happiness.

Quote:
I think we're getting into some confusion here. Lelouch's mentality hasn't really changed, as he is continuing with the rebellion, it's simply that he also learned to value those connections and moments of happiness he had with his friends.
Which implies he didn't value them that much so far and which is true.

Quote:
I mean, he even appreciated words from Suzaku, which doesn't change the fact that the two of them are still enemies.
It is great to be honest to himself but it was a bit confusing to see Suzaku part of this little fantasy... Suzaku isn't going to forget or forgive anything, especially if Lelouch keeps on being Zero... and believe the contrary may cause Lelouch's downfall once again.
If Lelouch didn't regain his memories (which Suzaku will find out sooner or later), then Suzaku may have told himself there was nothing left of Zero in Lelouch and put the guilt on Zero rather than Lelouch and so be friends with him again... but for now, it is all actor performance...

Quote:
I'm just saying, that maybe this way Lelouch won't exceed the worth of his ends now with means that go too far
Why I am worried is that, first, it is was made Code Geass so enjoyable... having an awesome character with awesome charisma and ready to use any means available for his ends.
I agree that some character development doesn't hurt and that his character shouldn't be too unilateral.
Secondly, raising a rebellion against Britannia is very difficult and you don't have the choice of weapons when fighting them... if you want to win, that is...
I don't believe a much softer Zero has, logically, any chance to win...
The past events have shown that everytime he got soft, he lost : Suzaku, Euphemia, Nunnally etc...

Quote:
See, he's got two sides to him am I right? It's just now I think the two of them are coming into a better balance now, so I figure he can still pull all that off without getting the dictator vibe from him afterwards
Yeah, but to be honest, the dictator vibe was also what made him charismatic...

Quote:
He's grown as a character though, he seems more mature, less arrogant and pretentious then he was before, and back then it was his greatest weakness.
That's right and I agree it was a welcome change.

Quote:
Now he's gotten over it, so I feel he can only get better at this point and kick even more ass because now he'll exercise appropriate control with no more restrictions
I can only hope you're right.
Vorenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 06:49   Link #969
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

I didn't mind Rollo's existence at first, but after this ep I've decided he needs to die ASAP. Lol @ emo Lulu, I've never been so humored seeing a main character depressed. Hopefully I get to see Suzaku kick his ass some more in the near future. This one gets a 6/10 from me, too much Rollo, not enough C.C.
Old 2008-05-20, 06:50   Link #970
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

There are unaddressed aspects of Kallen. . . like her Brittanian family. THE WRITERS INTENTIONALLY leave a part of her backstory a mystery. They try very hard to go around it and try not to give too much away.

Remember... Kallen is half Brittanian.

I don't think Lelouch's background will make her doubt her loyalties if she doesn't already know he is a prince. She's isn't fully japanese herself. She has Brittanian roots herself. She would be the one person in the Black Knights that would understand his situation. They both have Brittanian parents they hate and hate Brittania for screwing their lives up.

I think C.C. told her his story. She probably felt like quitting the Black Knights and running away. C.C. probably tracked her down knowing that she would be important in getting Lelouch back. In order to put her at rest, she probably explained the whole thing as best as she could.

By the way, a soft Zero can win, he has done it before. It's the unfocused, neurotic Zero that loses.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 06:51   Link #971
Westlo
Lets be reality

This weeks ratings is 1.9% down from last weeks 2.4%.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 07:16   Link #972
Ice_Bullet
Blood flows freely..

Quote:
Originally Posted by War_Lord View Post
I didn't mind Rollo's existence at first, but after this ep I've decided he needs to die ASAP. Lol @ emo Lulu, I've never been so humored seeing a main character depressed. Hopefully I get to see Suzaku kick his ass some more in the near future. This one gets a 6/10 from me, too much Rollo, not enough C.C.
dude why?? rollo was just trying to break lelouch's resolve and make him face reality. Although he wants lelouch to himself, he is happy with whatever path he chooses. i don't see a reason to hate him there =\

yes more C.C and kaguya! that scene was just cute when kaguya smiled at C.C and C.C looked away embarrassed XD.
Ice_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 07:21   Link #973
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by War_Lord View Post
Yes, fan service is nice and this show has great fanservice, but still the story must go on. I thank Rolo for that.

That he actually led Lulu back on track with a stronger purpose.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 07:25   Link #974
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
This weeks ratings is 1.9% down from last weeks 2.4%.
Wow, I'm sad now, I guess no one liked emo Lelouch no matter how brief and dramatic it was <_<
Old 2008-05-20, 07:45   Link #975
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Wow, I'm sad now, I guess no one liked emo Lelouch no matter how brief and dramatic it was <_<
I did , I did . Well I am just a Lelouch fan eaither way. Its good to see that he is human too, sudenly becoming depressed like that.

The highlights of the episode for me were,

1) kallen Vs Lulu ( ouch, the second slap on the face)
2) rolo Vs Lulu ( Rolo does have some insight then. Considerate little brother i see)
3) Lulu to the rescue. ( Just epic, Enough said . SUZAKU got PWNED.)

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2008-05-21 at 14:15.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 07:55   Link #976
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Well, I hope Suzaku learned his sea battle leason after he lost his entire fleet in a mere second. XDD
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 08:06   Link #977
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

What would that be? "Only use aerial units, they don't stand on collapsible platforms and are in no danger of capsizing"?
Old 2008-05-20, 08:09   Link #978
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
quoted for the freaking truth im getting tired of him shoving his so called "facts" in everyone's faces, running around like a lunatic just because Lelouch and kallen almost kissed yeah so what? C.C is ahead by 2 points in that department buddy you can twist it as "plot device" "memory backup" and all that shjt but it doesnt remove that C.C kissed him twice, if c.c was not female it would have not have happened. anyway so long as we are not dealing with clamp
Unfortunately, some people refuse to stand down even though the show itself is making their hopes futile. Once everyone abandons hopeless things like supporting such a thing and just accept it isn't going to happen, there won't be any need for me to do this anymore.

An almost kiss is more meaningful than an actual one. The whole scene pretty much spelled out the way things are going to be for the rest of the show. Lelouch showed more concern and emotion with her than her ever did with the others.

And those kisses are confirmed non-romantic ones and thus have no meaning whatsoever. Lelouch doesn't bring them up nor care about them, which makes them even more meaningless.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 08:09   Link #979
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorenus View Post

I have commented here why I don't think CC has told her.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=886
It would make sense though, if she managed to connect the dots. After Geass and the big reveal last time, I suppose this could be classified as another small potatoes. I mean, I wonder if him being a student never struck her as a bit odd to be fighting against his own country

Quote:
All of this seems caused by a mistranslation from a particular group indeed.
I never did like Eclipse, they always called the Order of the Black Knights just the Back Knights... >_>
Quote:
No, no way ! It was her decision to deal with such important matters as governing Area 11.
I've always had an hard time bitting bullets like teenagers governing a complex country (Cagalli in SEED/Destiny, Lacus at the end of Destiny, etc...) but that aside, she said explicitely she went out and requested that role for herself...
Naïve idealism or not, if she decided she would want to assume this position, then she can not be forgiven so easily for any mistakes she does and I'm going to consider her like any other politician or country leader from now on.

I would be more forgiving if she had been appointed by the Emperor himself and forced in the position by either Imperial Authority, BlackMail to see her brother again, or Geass brain-washing... but it isn't the case so I'm not going to excuse any of her mistake and treat her like any other governor of this series.
Meh, she's learning, I think she is anyway. Like I posted before, this was a way for her to show she could make her own decisions, so it's a good start in any case, a leader must be ready to make decisions on her own after all. We'll wait and see how it goes for her, she could turn out great, and if she screws up then hell, I'll pour the gasoline on top while you light the fire

Quote:
Happily Zero spoke fast enough to not be killed by overzealous Suzaku.
After all, this guy wants promotion and becoming Knight of One doesn't seem to be an easy task, even if the Emperor seems to rather like him...
People wanting to be promoted fast and to a much higher position they are at tend to be overzealous and do this kind of mistakes...
That could be true, but at the same time it was rather understandable for Suzaku to regard the Order the way he did. After the last SAZ thanks to Lelouch, I guess he must have some serious reservations about the Order. Then again I suppose it would have at least been a bit better if he had tried to abide by his Governors words a little bit better... Wait a minute, he doesn't need to abide by her words now that I think about it, he's under the direct command of the Emperor!

Quote:
If I remember well, Clovis and Euphemia were his half-brother and sister and he killed them. Since Cornelia is nowhere to be seen so far, at this point she is supposed to be dead as well.
He did everything for Nunnally, which is a very small subset of his actual family since the Emperor seems to do it like a Rabbit.
Granted, Nunnally is only the family that matters to him, but killing your siblings is probably not the easiest thing to carry on psychologically nor the least evil thing to do in the World.
You know I always forget about Clovis, mainly because after that ghetto cleansing Lelouch had all the justification to kill him... as for Euphie, well, he didn't want that to happen the way it did and in the end he was left with no other alternative, but Cornelia is 'missing' according to Guilford so we shouldn't assume she's dead or even claimed dead just yet. Plus she cleansed a ghetto once to track him down if I recall, and he thought she had something to do with his mother's death. Hope things work out between those two at least...

And now he isn't, good for him to have finally grown beyond that shell, his last hindrance has been removed!

I don't think it was easy for him, I mean he nearly threw up after Clovis and almost broke down in regret over Euphie. Still, there were reasons that helped to mitigate the acts as necessary, like I said I'm a result minded individual myself so given the options this was the most expedient means to a worthwhile end.

Quote:
Regarding his friends, he showed compassion for Shirley, but it is actually just self-guilt, which didn't stop him to follow his path (which is a decision I was happy with).
He also didn't bother putting the whole Ashford Academy in danger during the Black Rebellion and putting the Ashford family, the benevolent people who sheltered him and his dear sister, in face of even greater shame...
He put his friends on the line multiple times and it didn't seem to bother him so much... the only friend who he has shown deep concern for, is Suzaku.
Ah, but it also made him more conscious about his actions, and aware of the moral responsibility he has taken up, as noted by his speech to Kallen about it afterwards.
He kind of put Ashford Academy on military lock down in order to protect it, though I don't think any of us would have thought Tamaki would have been that stupid near the end. As for the Ashford family, besides Milley who had nothing to do with it, Lelouch believes they only sheltered him and his sister in order to make use of him as another political tool later on, so not the most grateful, he is. >_>
It bothered him when Shirley appeared, both with Mao and when he flushed out Rolo, but he took into account actions that wouldn't put her in danger. Then there is an overall regret because he knows it was his fault for dragging her and the student council into this mess and got their memories rewritten. Besides that though, I don't know where you're getting this 'multiple times' stick from, he largely kept them out of his affairs when it came to that IIRC

Quote:
Yeah, I know very well it was justified in his mind and as a strategu but that for the OoBK existance to be as grand as Lelouch wanted it, there was no place for another resistance organization, but my point was that it was rather high on the "evil-o-meter" to make them explode the way he did just for the sake of diversion and tactical advantage.
I'm happy with evil Lelouch so I don't mind this, but my point is that it was an evil action and that it is surprising to see him indulge himself in fantasies like keeping friendships and happiness.
Not really, like with Clovis I felt his reasons were sufficient enough for taking the actions that he did. Cold, brutal, and manipulative, but not really 'evil' and I'm glad the Order is at least grounded in a viable reality versus illustrious dreams with no substance like say Suzaku <_<
I don't really classify Lelouch as evil myself, ruthless at times, but not without reason, and hopefully his indulgence of these small things will keep him from ever going too far even if he does continue the rebellion. He's not going to be a pancy about it, if he was he would have stayed a student, so he's still embarking on the path of carnage but for a much bigger cause now

Quote:
Which implies he didn't value them that much so far and which is true.
Yeah it is, or more to the point he shoved them to the side for awhile. Hopefully this will help make him a bit more balanced now in walking the line without falling off

Quote:
It is great to be honest to himself but it was a bit confusing to see Suzaku part of this little fantasy... Suzaku isn't going to forget or forgive anything, especially if Lelouch keeps on being Zero... and believe the contrary may cause Lelouch's downfall once again.
If Lelouch didn't regain his memories (which Suzaku will find out sooner or later), then Suzaku may have told himself there was nothing left of Zero in Lelouch and put the guilt on Zero rather than Lelouch and so be friends with him again... but for now, it is all actor performance...
I don't think that was the meaning behind it, my interpretation that came off was that even after everything that happened, those moments with Suzaku and the student Council were all still very important ones to him, real ones, and that won't change even now. So those moments help him realize the worth of his sisters dreams even if she isn't with him any longer in a sense. That was what I got from it anyway

Quote:
Why I am worried is that, first, it is was made Code Geass so enjoyable... having an awesome character with awesome charisma and ready to use any means available for his ends.
I agree that some character development doesn't hurt and that his character shouldn't be too unilateral.
Secondly, raising a rebellion against Britannia is very difficult and you don't have the choice of weapons when fighting them... if you want to win, that is...
I don't believe a much softer Zero has, logically, any chance to win...
The past events have shown that everytime he got soft, he lost : Suzaku, Euphemia, Nunnally etc...
He's still awesome, and with awesome charisma, but at the same time I never felt he used 'any' means necessary, he practiced a bit of discretion even then that I felt were reasonable in the face of his goals.
I'm sure he'll be fine, I mean if that were the case you'd actually think he really joined the SAZ, which from all indications isn't the case
This isn't about getting softer, like I said I didn't think he ever went too far, a bit much, but never without some justification for it. I for one never believed a harsher Zero had any real chance of winning, because excessive violence almost always marks the character to become what he sought to destroy, and how can you call that winning in the end?
In any case, between getting soft and getting harsh, that he kept up the fight while finding new resolve to take responsibility makes me think he'll be fine this way, because those two roads always seemed like a closed path to me, and this way he'll walk the middle one in order to move past that barricade

Quote:
Yeah, but to be honest, the dictator vibe was also what made him charismatic...
Rebel hero's can be just as charismatic too you know, and you have less reason not to follow him

Quote:
That's right and I agree it was a welcome change.
Good to hear

Quote:
I can only hope you're right.
I think I am in any case

Well, that was fun, I think we'd better stop though now, this is cluttering things up a bit too much
Old 2008-05-20, 08:16   Link #980
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

Quote:
What would that be? "Only use aerial units, they don't stand on collapsible platforms and are in no danger of capsizing"?
yeah aerial units seem to be safe Lelouch's usual tatics, well they have to look out for the new Guren though.

@KS nice post.
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote