AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-31, 12:37   Link #1401
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Well that's more due to the aliens requiring at least basic level of martial art even with suits.

But we are dealing with plain humans here. The suit's strength should be more than enough. It may come down to Nishi being a not-want-to-get-his-hands-dirty type.
Naturally. I just got caught up all of last night, too.
It was frickin' bad-assed, man!

The thing about Nishi's suit? Well, I used that to confirm a thing I was wondering since seeing Kuwabara: Does the suit work with only certain parts worn? Nishi didn't have the gloves on, either.
Old 2008-12-31, 18:32   Link #1402
Umaibo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Naturally. I just got caught up all of last night, too.
It was frickin' bad-assed, man!

The thing about Nishi's suit? Well, I used that to confirm a thing I was wondering since seeing Kuwabara: Does the suit work with only certain parts worn? Nishi didn't have the gloves on, either.
I guess whichever part of the suit you wear strengthens "that" particular part of the body. Good point.

Like, if you want to punch a human, you would really only need to cover your arm, etc. Whereas if you are fighting an alien with skin as hard as steel, wearing the gloves would be feasible unless you want to break your hands.
Old 2009-01-03, 02:15   Link #1403
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Yeah, I was wondering about that, too. Though, we never actually saw Kuwabara utilize any of the suit's functions like super strength or resistance to bludgeoning attacks. In fact, he was naked half the time.

I think Nishi was fine because the suit protected his back which was probably the part that hit the ground first. Now how he didn't get a concussion I'll never know because the manga has never been clear on how the suits protect their heads without having to cover them with a helmet or something. If he had tried to cushion his impact with his hands, he probably would have broken them. Of course this is all conjecture on my part, but I presume that the suits can't use super strength without being complete, but still retain their protective properties over the areas of the body still covered by the suit. Thus far as we've seen, Nishi never seems to take his suit off other than the neck guard, gloves, and shoes.
Old 2009-01-06, 18:14   Link #1404
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

All i can say from the latest chapter is that Nishi is really really lucky.
Old 2009-01-06, 20:35   Link #1405
emessen

that chapter was awesome lol

not that it needs saying but hiroya oku is an awesome artist love the action scenes
Old 2009-01-06, 22:43   Link #1406
『 RESET 』
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to TOP Send a message via MSN to TOP
FINALLY A MISSION! Glad Nishi survived.
Old 2009-01-06, 22:57   Link #1407
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Lucky bastard. That's all I have to say.
Old 2009-01-07, 01:02   Link #1408
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
He's not the only lucky bastard, Kurono and the rest are also lucky he survived because by the looks of things they will need him in the coming mission, plus maybe they will get some more info out of him. Yes Hiroya Oku is a great artist indeed, I think he , is one of the best Mangakas in the world.
Old 2009-01-07, 15:11   Link #1409
『 RESET 』
*Graphic Designer

Are the Gantz suits not immune to bullet shots? I mean, I'm pretty sure he was wearing a suit but he seems to have gotten heavily injured...
Old 2009-01-07, 19:04   Link #1410
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

Quote:
Are the Gantz suits not immune to bullet shots? I mean, I'm pretty sure he was wearing a suit but he seems to have gotten heavily injured...
Spoiler for Response:

Based on what happened, Gantz suits can protect them for gunshots, but then its a matter of how much damage the suits can take before they get ruined.
Old 2009-01-07, 21:55   Link #1411
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

Yeah there is a limit to how much damage a suit can take. In one of the early episodes Nishi gets beat to pieces and his suit starts leaking telling us that though the suits are tough they do have a limit.
Old 2009-01-08, 12:05   Link #1412
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
mmmm great ending to the chapter. I can't possible think of anything that can top the last mission though.
Old 2009-01-08, 16:40   Link #1413
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

It would be great if there was a nasty twist like, now we've thinned out the weak among you, and trained you up to be badasses, now YOU have end the world and destroy all of humanity, LOL haveaniceday.
Old 2009-01-08, 21:25   Link #1414
sumowow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurumaru View Post
It would be great if there was a nasty twist like, now we've thinned out the weak among you, and trained you up to be badasses, now YOU have end the world and destroy all of humanity, LOL haveaniceday.
It'd be more of a twist if all those students he killed turned up in the gantz room. Talk about an awkward situation
Old 2009-01-09, 00:17   Link #1415
『 RESET 』
*Graphic Designer

Ah, alright. I just didn't expect the suits to be able to be destroyed with gunshots, seeing as how the Gantz players fight against superhuman aliens with them

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumowow View Post
It'd be more of a twist if all those students he killed turned up in the gantz room. Talk about an awkward situation
Nishi would probably just kill them again
Old 2009-01-09, 00:58   Link #1416
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
And enjoy it just as much as the first time he did it
Old 2009-01-09, 02:54   Link #1417
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumowow View Post
ROFL, that would be funny indeed. Though as TOP says, he would probably kill them again.

As far as the suits go, I still don't think they are immune to bullets. I don't remember Izumi ever shooting Kurono while he had his suit on. Admittedly I'm too lazy to go back to confirm, but I know that the suits are no good against piercing damage. I also base my argument that you never saw Nishi's suit overload. You simply saw him shot up. I mean, after he got shot the first time, it could have been that the suit didn't block the bullets, but he got up anyway, and got shot down again. I can't say for certain either way cuz his clothes block the view of his suit, but that's what I think. I could be wrong, but I am still not convinced the suits can block bullets.
Old 2009-01-09, 07:35   Link #1418
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
ROFL, that would be funny indeed. Though as TOP says, he would probably kill them again.

As far as the suits go, I still don't think they are immune to bullets. I don't remember Izumi ever shooting Kurono while he had his suit on. Admittedly I'm too lazy to go back to confirm, but I know that the suits are no good against piercing damage. I also base my argument that you never saw Nishi's suit overload. You simply saw him shot up. I mean, after he got shot the first time, it could have been that the suit didn't block the bullets, but he got up anyway, and got shot down again. I can't say for certain either way cuz his clothes block the view of his suit, but that's what I think. I could be wrong, but I am still not convinced the suits can block bullets.

I took the liberty of finding it for you.

Spoiler for Ch.120:

Last edited by War_Lord; 2009-01-09 at 07:51.
Old 2009-01-09, 07:53   Link #1419
Animecentred

I didn't think he told him to take the suit off becaus eit could stop bullets. I thought it was because whilst wearing it he may have been able to dodge and get to Izumi in like 2 seconds flat.

But have to agree, either Nishi is realllllllllly lucky or Gantz likes him enough to save him. More than likely though The next mission will last the rest of the year.

(also who elese after the last mission wants to see more of the flying omni wheel things)
Old 2009-01-09, 07:59   Link #1420
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

I want to see Oka up and running again. He needs a 1up reward after clearing so many times.
Closed Thread