AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-07-20, 02:27   Link #81
rladls2121

Right, sorry.

Wait, then the clothes ripping apart effect only applied Mamako, what?
Mamako just embarrassed herself in front of Masato and his "Bride Candidates".
Japanese Government?
Not Shady Organization?
What?

So, how is this project doing so far?
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-20, 02:55   Link #82
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Shiraase, how dare you.
You trapped people in this twisted game just so that everyone will get closer relationship with their mom?
What kind of game are you playing at?
Riiiiight this is that kind of game, right?
They did get his consent.

It's true that he didn't know all the details but his mother did and she gave her consent too, as his legal guardian.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-20, 03:08   Link #83
rladls2121

Right, I'm going to stop beating around the bush now.

It was quite a ride though.
This Shirase business, is not going away anytime soon is it?
Everytime we get informed through out this series, somehow Shirase is always, right there.

Ok, i'll stop now.
Old 2019-07-20, 12:33   Link #84
Frontier

Mamako sure has strict standards for her son's wife...I mean, party members. I kinda felt bad about how quickly she ruled out the elf and then called the police on the thief .

Wise is your typical cute and haughty tsundere that usually pops up in these kinds of shows, and is more reliable with panty shots then with her magic, but I still found her fairly entertaining .

It was probably reasonable to assume but now we know for sure that this game was designed to basically improve the relationship between mothers and their children. So it seems like every girl Masato and Mamako will pick up will have some mom issues that will have to be dealt with at some point...

Heh, so Mamako developed a skill to basically kill any kind of moment or mood Masato gets up to on his journey. Yeah, she's a mom all right .

I'm not surprised Wise eventually acquiesced to joining the Party. It beats PK Jail .

I take it it's going to be a running gag that Masato will end up in typical compromising and fanservicey moments...except they'll be with his mom and thus not do anything for him but make him really uncomfortable. That being said, naked Mamako (and naked apron Mamako) .

Mamako seems to wear some surprisingly sexy underwear for a housewife .

So I see they've given up on adding another "ra" to Shirase's name, and are now just giving her random jobs within the game. Although I wonder she gave Wise a weird look though ?
Old 2019-07-20, 19:31   Link #85
James Rye

Even the currency is called "mam". XD
But for a game that is meant to improve relationships between mothers and children quite a lot of daughters are running around without any moms attached. I mean blue haired priestess has yet to join the gang but it doesn't look like she will bring her mom alongside either.
Old 2019-07-20, 19:50   Link #86
grecefar

It would be funny so see mamako discuss wedding plans with the mothers of the girls.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-21, 08:57   Link #87
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Even the currency is called "mam". XD
But for a game that is meant to improve relationships between mothers and children quite a lot of daughters are running around without any moms attached. I mean blue haired priestess has yet to join the gang but it doesn't look like she will bring her mom alongside either.
Judging from the facts, I can guess the "specific criteria" they said were applied when selecting testers. So I'm pretty sure if you meat ANY testers in the game they're going to have some sore of serious problem with their parents. In fact, it seemed to imply that Masato didn't fully fit the criteria but his stupidity in writing his own name made him too easy to find so they decided to include him. Not to say that his relationship doesn't have its degree of dysfunction, what with the way Mama treats him like his age hasn't entered the double digits yet, but compared to a kid who completely split apart with her mother or one whose mother didn't even have time to be there in the first place, I'd say they're the perfect family.

I miss a couple of the things that were cut, like the reason Mamako refused the elf (it had nothing to do with her being an elf, but rather the way she kept going on about her god like the dub version of Momoko in Ghost Stories, and Mamako didn't want to travel with someone who acted like an Axis cultist. It also gave mention that Wise doesn't really live up to her name, and the panty shots seemed to be partly implied to be a matter of her stupid obliviousness.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-21, 15:20   Link #88
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I miss a couple of the things that were cut, like the reason Mamako refused the elf (it had nothing to do with her being an elf, but rather the way she kept going on about her god like the dub version of Momoko in Ghost Stories, and Mamako didn't want to travel with someone who acted like an Axis cultist. It also gave mention that Wise doesn't really live up to her name, and the panty shots seemed to be partly implied to be a matter of her stupid obliviousness.
I guess you'd have to be a tad oblivious to wear a skirt that short and then angle your legs in such a way that you expose yourself, and she didn't seem like the type who'd be fine with a boy getting a view .

Although I guess even if she was aware, now she knows the typical tsundere response will land her in jail again .
Old 2019-07-22, 04:20   Link #89
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Judging from the facts, I can guess the "specific criteria" they said were applied when selecting testers. So I'm pretty sure if you meat ANY testers in the game they're going to have some sore of serious problem with their parents. In fact, it seemed to imply that Masato didn't fully fit the criteria but his stupidity in writing his own name made him too easy to find so they decided to include him. Not to say that his relationship doesn't have its degree of dysfunction, what with the way Mama treats him like his age hasn't entered the double digits yet, but compared to a kid who completely split apart with her mother or one whose mother didn't even have time to be there in the first place, I'd say they're the perfect family.
I was kind of wondering about that.

To "clear the game" they have to get a better relationship with their mothers. Yet Masato's relationship with his mother seems fine. What would be a big enough improvement to clear the game?
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-22, 04:51   Link #90
Kazu-kun

^ Mamako and Masato are probably a special case. Unlike the other beta testers, they didn't get to choose what kind of characters they wanted to play. They were arbitrarily given the role of heroes. There must be a reason for that.
Old 2019-07-22, 08:01   Link #91
James Rye

Probably because all the other mamaxchild teams failed so now they needed one that could clear the game, else the devs of this game are in deep shit?^^
Old 2019-07-23, 07:34   Link #92
jdennis007

To Mamako clearing the game doesn't mean fixing her family's relationship, it means fixing other families relationships, and finding her son a bride.
Old 2019-07-23, 07:46   Link #93
Tenzen12

I didn't see any proof or hint any other characters had control over their class either, though.
Old 2019-07-23, 11:38   Link #94
James Rye

^Well, at least the Merchant girl is less useless than the Sage girl. :P
Old 2019-07-23, 11:45   Link #95
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I didn't see any proof or hint any other characters had control over their class either, though.
First episode. Or first chapter of the novel, if that's your poison:
Quote:
King: There are many job choices, and you can choose to play in combat or pacifist mode. You’re free to choose the play style that’s best for you.
Masato: Except in our case.
King: Yes, we assigned you to jobs nobody else had picked yet.
So, all the beta testers that got there before Mamako and Masato were able to choose their character class (called "jobs" in this particular game), while Mamako and Masato got stuck with the class nobody picked, the hero.

That been said, I personally think they were given that role for a deeper reason.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2019-07-23 at 12:29.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-23, 12:24   Link #96
rladls2121

Now that I think about it, this kind of game supposed to have lot of players with a child and a mom seen together.
When we saw the players around the guild building on the first episode, I'm not sure if Masato mentioned there are lot of Moms in the game.

So the project, it is kind of failing, maybe before Masato and Mamako joined.
No wonder Shirase is serious about this when there was a missing child and helping the mom finding him.
Old 2019-07-23, 13:53   Link #97
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
^Well, at least the Merchant girl is less useless than the Sage girl. :P
But not by much .
Old 2019-07-26, 12:21   Link #98
Ichinotachi

There are quite a few highlights this episode. The first one of course is Mamako and all those costumes and armor, man she really looks good on everything

Now the first real enemy is here, Wise's mother. Is quite sad to see how she speak about her own daughter, like genya is nothing but a nuisance.

And the best part, when Wise was explaining the situation in her family, that was quite sad to be honest. Every family has their own issues, some families are completely broken, others are always together but as Mamako said there is a connection between the mother and her child, something that is always there and never goes away, is nice to see how this anime touch those topics in a pretty nice way.
Ichinotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-26, 13:22   Link #99
grecefar

It seems that wise mother came back to them for money, with the excuse for make up with them using the game, this kind of mother is the worst, but with how the anime is they are going to be a happy family again.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-26, 15:36   Link #100
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Yeah, as I thought it's not just the kids that are problematic. In fact, it seems like in this party all the mothers have problems to fix, and Masato's possibly the only one who has any significant personal changing to do, and even then it's rather minor.

Also, we get another demonstration of Wise's stupid obliviousness in the bath. Wonder what trope this would fall under. She's certainly not an "Innocent Fanservice Girl" or a "Shameless Fanservice Girl". Surprised there's not trope for this sort of "Oblivious Fanservice Girl" who is never quick enough to realize until everyone's seen everything.

Also, I think it's kind of funny that the broadcast decided to censor Wise's butt when she took off the towel and got in the water, but left it completely uncensored when she walked out. Like they couldn't make up their minds. Either way, I loved Masato's reaction, his calm acceptance of his due punishment.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mom protagonist, virtual reality