AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2016-11-17, 18:11   Link #2001
Random14

The intro episodes weren't as bad as I feared, or at least its not surprising after the trailers. If this was a separate Pokemon spin-off (or even non-Pokemon) adventure series, I would probably like it more. Ash's... exaggerated character still takes some getting used to.

If they can maintain the whole class as the main cast (or at least as regular supporting cast), it might not be so bad a series. Funny to see so much of Ash's mom and Mr. Mime again after all these years. And not sure if that bear Pokemon was trying to be friendly (with way too much strength) or was trying to kill Ash, but either way it was funny.

Not bad intro, definitely better than Best Wishes, a very different kind of introduction compared to most of the other series (no May/Dawn/Serena parallel character starting their journey this time). And not even any Team Rocket, I still somewhat... tolerate them, but glad they didn't force them in either, that's the worst (especially as some easy battle for Ash).

And after all these years, the dub is moving from Cartoon Network to Disney XD. It wasn't the greatest dub, but still going to miss it, as I don't get that channel. Maybe time to look into Sling TV or something, hm.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-17, 18:16   Link #2002
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Well. I had decided that I was at least going to give this series a chance despite the premise sounding pretty stupid, and so now I've seen the first two episodes... And they were... actually pretty damn good. Also to everyone who said the animation looked terrible...

...No. It isn't. End of story. Your opinion on the decidedly more cartoony artstyle notwithstanding, the animation is no worse than it was in XY&Z. Personally I'm quite okay with the artstyle too, as they've already demonstrated that it can be used to great comedic effect. And of course action, seeing how the more simplistic character-designs here should, by all accounts, make it easier for the animators to really cut loose and deliver some cool fights. I mean, XY&Z already had excellent action, and everything I've seen so far indicates that this will still be the case here.

...Curious how the dub is going to handle Alolan Oak's constant Pokémon puns though... I mean it would be one thing if he just threw in various names into his lines, but he even goes and tries to make himself look like the Pokémon he's namedropping too, meaning the dubbers would have to find some sort of reason for why he all of a sudden goes "Eevee! Buizel! Xerneas!" while commenting on Ash getting along with the other students.
ok while during the battles the animation was really good, you can actually spot a lot of "bad animations or standing frames with really bad/lazy art, indeed the battles where really good, but the animation not was really that "stunning as you claim", the battles where not "better than XY&Z animations part they are on the same level, the real problem is really the "weird style", pokemon battles aways where stunning and very well worked overal, the only real problems like many others series is "out of the battle" which things can get bad.
here a exemple on the OP the guys specially the fat guy here look very bad and bad animation using the new joints don't really look "good" as supposed to be
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
what did you think about the new opening song? you also didnt liked this in tersm of music or it was fine for you?
music no complains

another thing which i noticed on ash is which looks like he get a "little fat", he don't look skinning as his previous version here he looks a little fat"(rounded).

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2016-11-17 at 19:09.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-17, 23:43   Link #2003
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
I have to admit that these intro episodes is very good besides the animation (that I have to agree that it isn't that bad). You can see Ash acting like his usual self but its a lot better than the last couple of seasons. But I can tell you two things, EP is very cool with Ash doing those Z-moves and there is going to be a bitter shipping war this season.
Old 2016-11-18, 05:45   Link #2004
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Only 10 minutes in, but can definitely confirm the shipping wars will be fierce.

Edit:

Just finished the episode. I agree there were definitely some low quality still frames in there lol, but overall I didn't mind and the experience was pretty freaking awesome. I am a little peeved and the him looking visually younger thing, but in the end I thought it was all pretty cool. All the characters seems relatively interesting, and I think the premise seems pretty awesome.

Pokemon + school/guild (whatever) tends to be a winning combination... (thinks of old Pokemon episodes, Pokemon Ranger shadows of almia, PMD Explorers of the sky, SPMD...)

Well, it's going to be fun playing the games and then watching this and then playing the games more while watching this more lol. I'm glad they seemed to put a lot of effort into this.

The Z-Move sent shivers down my spine so that was far cooler than the Greninja Ash form thing IMO. So... yeah, I'm very excited for this season. But of course, I'll have to wait and see to know what it's really like, but my current expectations are rather high.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )

Last edited by dniv; 2016-11-18 at 06:06.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-18, 10:53   Link #2005
ImperialFlameGod8190

The game seems to suggest an interesting spoiler about Lille and its a truly amusing one
Spoiler for Speculation Purely and unconfirmed:

How it relates to the show remains to be seen but its something

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-18, 12:16   Link #2006
Idealist 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
and there is going to be a bitter shipping war this season.
Sorry but nether of Alola girls can hold a candle to Misty , May and Dawn.
Seriously , Writers took the wrong time to take interest in romance since 3 of the best girl of the series are gone.
Unless , Misty and May reappear for Anime's 20th anniversary.
Old 2016-11-18, 17:03   Link #2007
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist 99 View Post
Seriously , Writers took the wrong time to take interest in romance since 3 of the best girl of the series are gone.
what did you think about the first 2 episodes of sun and moon was it good?
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-18, 20:45   Link #2008
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Lol, literally one episode has passed. While you're likely right, I sense some innate bias. I can easily imagine them being better characters.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2016-11-19, 03:57   Link #2009
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I saw episode 2 and was once again pleasantly surprised. I'm sure the first two episodes are better than normal, but for me this is once again likely to be a strong season. I am a bit surprised about how they changed things from the game though...

Old 2016-11-19, 04:16   Link #2010
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

I saw a lot of hate going towards the new anime so I just had to take a look.

Surprisingly not bad; after I remembered the target audience. Yeah the aesthetics of the humans are a bit up and down (namely Ash). But the animation was still solid and there was this nice feeling of rejuvenation that I can't quite put my finger. It was just feeling fresh.

I think it'll do just fine. Can't wait to play the game as well.
Old 2016-11-19, 04:45   Link #2011
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I saw episode 2 and was once again pleasantly surprised. I'm sure the first two episodes are better than normal, but for me this is once again likely to be a strong season. I am a bit surprised about how they changed things from the game though...
what they changed from the game exactly? is it connect to one of the characters or more?
Old 2016-11-19, 10:47   Link #2012
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Tell me more about the future Mr. time Traveller.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-19, 12:42   Link #2013
Blueknight78

well i will give some kudos for the writers in this season cuz they looks like really are trying to make something really different, no league, no gym leaders, less rocket team(i really hope they remain forget or almost no used for the whole season it's time for let them "go"), not just "one girl but 3 girls(one being a tomboish near trap), one very ugly fat guy one weird black guy( it's not like brok not was himself a very tanished one) this serie really looks like they will try to pull something like your "cliche shounen harem school life, forgeting ash weird jorney to become a "pokemon master" and have some adventures with his school friends.

about the ship war, we have a sheerfull green girl, a tsundere shy blond(the most cliche one) and a "reverse trap blue hair girl(maybe a true trap and actually a girlish guy onlye the time will say) all the 3 looks like already get some interest in our very "ugly" mostache mc(serious i really agree with japaneses on how his "marks" really looks like a mostache a lot of times, is really weird have a 10 years old boy who already have a "mostache" poor guy) which become even more childshi than he was on the beginner (some peoples say which ash was childshi on the beginner but i really don't recall he being on that level, while i remember things being more fun i really don't recall he being borderline retarded and so stupid as this current ash was showed), but since it's is "pokemon" i really doubt in the end if any girl gonna really make our "pokemonphile get any interest in any of that girls and we gonna get not just one but 3 poor girls to be "forget in the next season because ash only true love is a "yellow electric mouse and his jorney to find a way to bang him and they could finally have they "happy end", but gonna be really fun see the ships war, but that girls must really work hard cuz so far honestly speaking the girl which even if many peopls hated her, achieved the "best progress" was really serena since she steal ash "first kiss", making more clear than any other girl her interest on him, the current girls have a challenge to "surprass" it.

really currently the "leader girl" in the hopeless run for the impossible to achiev ash heart is serena, with misty and may in second.
Old 2016-11-19, 13:57   Link #2014
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
well i will give some kudos for the writers in this season cuz they looks like really are trying to make something really different, no league, no gym leaders, less rocket team(i really hope they remain forget or almost no used for the whole season it's time for let them "go"), not just "one girl but 3 girls(one being a tomboish near trap), one very ugly fat guy one weird black guy( it's not like brok not was himself a very tanished one) this serie really looks like they will try to pull something like your "cliche shounen harem school life, forgeting ash weird jorney to become a "pokemon master" and have some adventures with his school friends.

about the ship war, we have a sheerfull green girl, a tsundere shy blond(the most cliche one) and a "reverse trap blue hair girl(maybe a true trap and actually a girlish guy onlye the time will say) all the 3 looks like already get some interest in our very "ugly" mostache mc(serious i really agree with japaneses on how his "marks" really looks like a mostache a lot of times, is really weird have a 10 years old boy who already have a "mostache" poor guy) which become even more childshi than he was on the beginner (some peoples say which ash was childshi on the beginner but i really don't recall he being on that level, while i remember things being more fun i really don't recall he being borderline retarded and so stupid as this current ash was showed), but since it's is "pokemon" i really doubt in the end if any girl gonna really make our "pokemonphile get any interest in any of that girls and we gonna get not just one but 3 poor girls to be "forget in the next season because ash only true love is a "yellow electric mouse and his jorney to find a way to bang him and they could finally have they "happy end", but gonna be really fun see the ships war, but that girls must really work hard cuz so far honestly speaking the girl which even if many peopls hated her, achieved the "best progress" was really serena since she steal ash "first kiss", making more clear than any other girl her interest on him, the current girls have a challenge to "surprass" it.

really currently the "leader girl" in the hopeless run for the impossible to achiev ash heart is serena, with misty and may in second.
the only one i can say that might be my feivorite in this season if they will keep it this way is only mallow the green hair girl
Old 2016-11-19, 17:21   Link #2015
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
the only one i can say that might be my feivorite in this season if they will keep it this way is only mallow the green hair girl
The funny thing about the waifu wars is that the 3 so far Lillie Mallow and Lana are all subpar at best. Mallow is Shauna with suspenders. Lana is a girl but not a great looking one. Lillie is a tsundere and tsundere's have a poor track record overall.

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested

Last edited by ImperialFlameGod8190; 2016-11-21 at 04:46.
Old 2016-11-19, 17:37   Link #2016
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I'm sorry to say that this episode exceeded my expectations. I knew I would dislike it, but not to this level. I don't know how some can talk of Satoshi being his "usual" self. He's acting even more immature than normal (which is really saying something), as is Pikachu; several times I found it painful to watch their behavior, something I rarely had to say in XY and XYZ. On top of that, the way they're drawn makes them look much younger which is also a put-off. It's rather disconcerting as well to have some areas where characters and behaviors are completely normal and standard while others are either bad or just changed in discomfiting way. People may have harbored a lot of dislike for the last couple seasons (which I strongly disagree with), but those seasons seemed to put in some effort to appeal to a broad range of fans, with art and stories that could appeal not only to small children but also to older kids as well, approaching though probably not reaching "shounen" levels. While there are some aspects with promise, much of the changes seem like they were made to focus on the youngest kids to the exclusion to the older ones. But then that's just me.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-19, 20:53   Link #2017
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I'm sorry to say that this episode exceeded my expectations. I knew I would dislike it, but not to this level. I don't know how some can talk of Satoshi being his "usual" self. He's acting even more immature than normal (which is really saying something), as is Pikachu; several times I found it painful to watch their behavior, something I rarely had to say in XY and XYZ. On top of that, the way they're drawn makes them look much younger which is also a put-off. It's rather disconcerting as well to have some areas where characters and behaviors are completely normal and standard while others are either bad or just changed in discomfiting way. People may have harbored a lot of dislike for the last couple seasons (which I strongly disagree with), but those seasons seemed to put in some effort to appeal to a broad range of fans, with art and stories that could appeal not only to small children but also to older kids as well, approaching though probably not reaching "shounen" levels. While there are some aspects with promise, much of the changes seem like they were made to focus on the youngest kids to the exclusion to the older ones. But then that's just me.
i feel the same about ash personality, they made him much more childshi than what he was.
Old 2016-11-19, 23:51   Link #2018
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Agreed on every count. (though i hated XY and XYZ didnt massively improve. I found myself watching this and laughing (not the good kind). Seeing Ash ride Sharpedo one of the more brutal Pokemon is one thing. The lack of common sense is a whole other matter. The only slightly good thing is it appears as though they havent done the massive reset in Pikachu's power level that they typically do. It also appears as though there will be no Team Rocket which i dont completely mind. However there are also so many things that make zero sense about the episode

Old 2016-11-20, 01:11   Link #2019
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Agreed on every count. (though i hated XY and XYZ didnt massively improve. I found myself watching this and laughing (not the good kind). Seeing Ash ride Sharpedo one of the more brutal Pokemon is one thing. The lack of common sense is a whole other matter. The only slightly good thing is it appears as though they havent done the massive reset in Pikachu's power level that they typically do. It also appears as though there will be no Team Rocket which i dont completely mind. However there are also so many things that make zero sense about the episode
one of the things that not make sense to me the most is tapo koko the legendary guardian give ash Z ring. sure ash is the chosen one all the time but still it only happend in the movies so far
Old 2016-11-20, 02:30   Link #2020
Idealist 99

Quote:
one of the things that not make sense to me the most is tapo koko the legendary guardian give ash Z ring. sure ash is the chosen one all the time but still it only happend in the movies so far
Technically , I would believe that a huge threat is coming to Alola and Tapo Koko chosen Ash to fight that threat since he need a trainer to use his own Z-move.
Which would mean , There will be 3 other character that chosen by 3 other Island Guardian to fight this threat .

However , Since its pokemon so I guess Tapo Koko just randomly gave Ash a Z-ring.