Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-08-18, 12:45   Link #21
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
It's the Raikage.
I wonder if the raikage is stronger than KillerBee. If so, then what ability makes the raikage stronger.
KillerBee was the worst match for Sasuke because:
- genjutsu/tsukiyomi -> total control over the demon, the demon instantly dispells genjutsu
- lighting based jutsus -> KillerBee nullified it with his own lighting element + huge chakra from the demon
- sword techniques -> KillerBee is even better with swords than Sasuke

I assume Raikage is not a copy of KillerBee, so i guess i can't have any assumptions based on how KillerBee was able to overcome Sasuke's genjutsu and lighting.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 13:10   Link #22
Rahan

So Madara is used again as the plot device preventing Naruto from reaching Sasuke instead of being, you know, the guy wanting to capture Naruto ? It wasn't a good idea back then (it made Naruto look completely irrelevant and Madara looks stupid for not capturing Naruto) and I don't see how it is a good idea here.

Anyways, it's clear it's the Uchiha arc again ... Don't expect anything from Naruto.
He is just there to have his panel time since he is supposed to be the main character while Sasuke gets the action. He won't fight Madara yet (or not more than the last time they fought) and he won't fight Sasuke because of Madara and because their final fight will take place when both are at their peak (EMS Sasuke)

As for Sasuke and the Raikage, even though Bee was more skilled and competent, Sasuke had the power to end the fight with a glance. He isn't in the mood to hold back anymore, so I expect Raikage to be overwhelmed with MS jutsus. Raikage is just the appetizer before Danzou after all.

I predict this arc will end like the Uchiha fight : with Sasuke having accomplished nothing but killing people he shouldn't have and Naruto crying after having been completely useless the whole arc.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 13:30   Link #23
james0246

Could Sasuke's recent actions be related to the evil smirk he showed directly after the Itachi fight?

Whatever the case, I hope this is finally Sasuke's moment to get off the fence and push his story forward, even if he is just being manipulated by others...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 13:49   Link #24
Rahan

I doubt it.

When in one chapter, you have revelations about mind control sharingan jutsus and in the next chapter, you have Sasuke acting completely out of character, drawing suspicions from both teammates and spoiler provider, you don't need to be a genius to realize something is going on ...

Kishi finally accepted to dirty Sasuke's hands, but not without giving him his out of jail ticket.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 13:55   Link #25
darkmaster074
------

does anyone think madara or danzou is controling sasuke
darkmaster074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 15:21   Link #26
Takashipl

Of course he is!!! Sasuke is drunk in the fog, following Madara because he belives in his story - which may be partially true, but if I was in his place, I'd like to know versions of the both sides..
Takashipl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 15:27   Link #27
darkmaster074
------

i mean control sasuke mind
darkmaster074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 15:32   Link #28
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Looks like a pretty interesting chapter. Madara has shown in the past that he could toy with a large group of seemingly powerful ninja, which included the three he is facing down in this chapter. I'm also wondering if Sakura will appear on the stage while Naruto is talking to Madara.

Kudos to the ninjas not to let this chaotic display distract them from Danzou.

Maybe I missed this from previous chapters, but where's Juugou? That's one thing I was slightly disappointed with - the lack of development for Sasuke's crew whatsoever since they were introduced. We know next to nothing about any of them, and least of all Juugou, who also seems to be the most interesting. I wonder if Kishi has something saved up for them or if he just forgot about them.

Question: was the person with a huge amount of chakra that showed up Raikage, or was it some other huge chakra container, with Raikage being there in addition? If it's not Raikage, I guess it might be Juugou, Kisame, or Killerbee.

Oh, and Zetsu's alive. Obviously. Just felt like saying that cuz nobody else had My guess is you can't kill him when his body's separated....
lonewolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 15:42   Link #29
neshru

Wait, how did Madara find Naruto in first place?
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 15:48   Link #30
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
He can sense where people are and teleport there. Sort of like Goku
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 16:05   Link #31
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke_Bateman View Post
Giving him the power to sense people wouldn't make any sense. It would leave too many questions open. The first ones that come to my mind are," then why did he send the other Akatsuki to look for the bijuu when he could have found them himself?" and "then what's the point of a scout like Zetsu if he can do the same thing?". Not to mention Zetsu's incredible ability is balanced by the fact that he doesn't seem strong enough to do anything but watch, but this Madara can find people, teleport to them and own their asses on a whim? It wouldn't make any sense.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 16:08   Link #32
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke_Bateman View Post
If that was true he would've captured all the tailed beasts already and without the need for all the Akatsuki members who have died.
Old 2009-08-18, 16:11   Link #33
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
I doubt it.

When in one chapter, you have revelations about mind control sharingan jutsus and in the next chapter, you have Sasuke acting completely out of character, drawing suspicions from both teammates and spoiler provider, you don't need to be a genius to realize something is going on ...
You are undoubtedly correct. I was merely holding out hope that Sasuke was not being controlled, and his actions were his own. But from the description that Shounensuki gives (of Nja's note), it does appear that Sasuke is being controlled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Kishi finally accepted to dirty Sasuke's hands, but not without giving him his out of jail ticket.
To be fair, other characters that had "get out of jail free cards" were almost always misled (Neji) or in someway controlled by others (Sai and Gaara). (Nagato and Tsunade are the only 2 that decided their own course of action (even if it was based on outside stimuli), and Nagato's "redemption" seems to be generally disliked, and Tsunade never really did anything "bad" to begin with (besides laze around like a couch potato).) So, Sasuke being in the same boat doesn't really make him unique.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 16:12   Link #34
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmaster074 View Post
does anyone think madara or danzou is controling sasuke
Probably just from words and manipulation but not an eye technique. Sasuke is after all, quite good with genjutsu and eye tricks himself so it seems unlikely that he's put under a spell of some sort, also, with Karin on his team you'd think she will notice irregular chakra flow or something.
Old 2009-08-18, 16:27   Link #35
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Oh noez I hope Zetsu will be okay
Old 2009-08-18, 16:59   Link #36
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
Probably just from words and manipulation but not an eye technique. Sasuke is after all, quite good with genjutsu and eye tricks himself so it seems unlikely that he's put under a spell of some sort, also, with Karin on his team you'd think she will notice irregular chakra flow or something.
Might be a seal put on Sasuke, remember that it was Madara who teleported with the bodies of Itachi and Sasuke, and Sasuke was dying there because he was injured and out of chakra. So who knows what Madara did to Sasuke's body while was unconscious. Madara could have transplanted Itachi's eyes into Sasuke if he wanted to But i guess he didn't do that because a simple transplant does not give EMS. He probably wants Sasuke to lose his eyesight, so Sasuke will need Madara to gain EMS. That's why he sabotaged Sasuke's plan to kill Danzou after the meeting, now that everybody is on alert Sasuke won't have a chance to kill Danzou.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 17:58   Link #37
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Quote:
Giving him the power to sense people wouldn't make any sense. It would leave too many questions open. The first ones that come to my mind are," then why did he send the other Akatsuki to look for the bijuu when he could have found them himself?" and "then what's the point of a scout like Zetsu if he can do the same thing?". Not to mention Zetsu's incredible ability is balanced by the fact that he doesn't seem strong enough to do anything but watch, but this Madara can find people, teleport to them and own their asses on a whim? It wouldn't make any sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
If that was true he would've captured all the tailed beasts already and without the need for all the Akatsuki members who have died.
Plotholes are cool.

But when he ran into Sasuke and pretty much confirm It when Sasuke asked him how he found him. Read chapter 453 again
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 19:20   Link #38
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I hope Raikage does not become just one of those who enters between Sasuke and his passion.

And Kishi doesn't surprise his readers by inserting one of those "what!" moments in this chapter too, by making "meeting Naruto" as an important business for Madara. Doesn't he have anything better to do?
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 19:30   Link #39
noven

Send a message via AIM to noven
Quote:
Don't underestimate him. It's within his powers to do so.
Old 2009-08-18, 20:41   Link #40
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
oooo Sasuke vs Raikage?? Goooo....Sasuke!! Until Danzo dies, I'll root for Sasuke. The raikage is a bit cocky anyways. I would laugh if he got owned. *just Amaterasu his ass*

Tags
weekly chapter discussion