AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-18, 11:21   Link #821
musouka

Sorry, dudes, the Free! guys got an official seal of "they seem like guys to me" from my brother, who is obviously the most manly guy ever. No more point in discussing it.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 13:13   Link #822
Blonto

No point in arguing over how girly the guys act now that Musouka's brother gave his verdict.

That aside, they did seem to ramp up the gay in this episode. So far I think Haruka is the only one who didn't have a massively gay moment. I'm talking about those "Dude, are you hitting on me?" moments, like the one with Blondie and Megane. Doesn't help that they show 0 interest in girls, only MAH-SULS.
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 13:16   Link #823
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
You know, for people, they really act just like people.
Yes, yes they do.
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 16:06   Link #824
Blonto

The main thing I'm curious about is still how exactly they intend to make swimming look exciting.
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 16:21   Link #825
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

they chose an exciting event to run. the 400 IM relay is one of the most exciting events in swimming.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 17:03   Link #826
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonto View Post
The main thing I'm curious about is still how exactly they intend to make swimming look exciting.
Close-ups of the swimmers cutting through the pool like torpedoes in the water as the water gets displaced by each stroke and kick while at the same time accentuating the way the muscles contract and expand in perfect rhythm.... that should keep the girls happy and make the guys wanna take a dip after seeing it.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 17:28   Link #827
Yushi

Personally I find swimming to be very fun to watch because it is so straightforward and pretty. Other sports like baseball and soccer have so many rules/positions that I get confused and distracted.
I am actually really enjoying Free! so far, especially in regards to the character dynamics and swimming animation. I do not find it really 'fanservicey' because it's....swimming. What are they supposed to do, swim in thick wool sweaters and jeans? XD
Also I think it's as 'gay' as K-on! is 'yuri'...it's just how you interpret the character interactions.

Anyhoo, the belly flop really caught me off guard. I really thought he would be able to pull it off, haha. That...probably hurt quite a bit o_o I've been told that belly flopping is like hitting a solid ground. (Edit: On second thought never mind, it was a pretty short fall so he should be fine)
Yushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 17:44   Link #828
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-17432.html

Could anybody translate this please? It seems interesting, and perhaps relevant to past discussions.
Old 2013-07-18, 20:59   Link #829
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-17432.html

Could anybody translate this please? It seems interesting, and perhaps relevant to past discussions.
Rough summary:

1. (on the charms of the quiet Haruka) They were having trouble with how the he would move/act. Then they realized that by thinking of him as "heroine", determining his actions became a lot easier.

2. Yokotani Masahiro (series composition) thinks Gou and Ama-chan sensei weren't written to be very "girly" and are more designed to be "female characters that girls would like".
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 21:13   Link #830
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Rei brought some good comedy to the third episode with his two sudden pratfalls. Funny stuff.

The overall pacing for the anime is good so far. The story isn't overly complicated, but it has enough depth to maintain interest.
Old 2013-07-18, 21:41   Link #831
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Welp, ReiXNagisa pretty much official. Like sure Rei seems to be very interested in Haruka, but I think he's pretty much 'taken' by Rin already.

So that leaves MakoXGou?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 21:44   Link #832
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Welp, ReiXNagisa pretty much official. Like sure Rei seems to be very interested in Haruka, but I think he's pretty much 'taken' by Rin already.

So that leaves MakoXGou?
Ha Ha I was thinking the same thing in terms of my pairings
Old 2013-07-18, 21:46   Link #833
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
So that leaves MakoXGou?
As long as you're a nice guy with excellent muscle definition, you probably have a good chance with Gou.

So MakoXGou would work, yeah.
Old 2013-07-18, 21:49   Link #834
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
????

Really? Gou and Ama-sensei seem pretty feminine to me. True they aren't all "girly girl" but that's not normal... at least not in the USA. I guess Japan does have a more "cutesy" thing for the way girls are supposed to act around boys. Maybe that's what she's referring to.

As for the guys, I think they all act like guys, just with their various oddities. Except occasionally for Nagisa.

Are there guys I've know who act like him? Yes. Are there straight guys I've known that act like him? Yes.

Still falls outside the normal boundaries for high school boys to behave. On the other hand, he is younger. If he was in middle school... a first year in middle school. Then he'd be about right. First year in high school... possible, but not normal.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 22:31   Link #835
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:

So that leaves MakoXGou?
Haruka's charm is sh... er... he is a cool beauty whose head is currently filled with nothing but the very wet and large pool of standing water. So that's why Rei's chance of hooking up with Haruka is just as much as Rin, probably even more. While Rin is busy assuming the role of lone-wolf bad ass with superb hairdo and dismissive facial expression, Rei can win over Haruka by devoting all of his attention toward Haruka's magnificence. And beside, if it ever comes to duking it out between Rei and Rin over Haruka, I think Rei's got the advantage by the virtue of he's equipped with a bigger pole.

I must also observe that the lack of shipping in this thread is disconcerting. As a mod, I'm disappointed that I'm not breaking out fights and banning people in every other page.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 23:05   Link #836
Irenesharda

Quote:

So that leaves MakoXGou?
Actually I still ship GouxNagisia. To me Rei and Nagisa seem more "best friend" status. As for Makoto, he's such a mother hen over everyone that I can't really pin him down to one person yet. I would put him with Haruka, if as you said, he wasn't "taken"already. And even then, I would put Haru and Mako in the same "best friend" status as Rei and Nagisa.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 23:54   Link #837
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I would ship Haruka x Makoto and Nagisa x Rei. Gou could go with her brother's team captain.
Old 2013-07-19, 00:05   Link #838
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I guess I'll take the brave route and throw in Rin x Gou. The measurable distance between their faces during that brief exchange was negligent and very telling as far as shipping is concerned.
Old 2013-07-19, 00:23   Link #839
cyth
Banned

But that would be incest, animes aren't that perverted!

C'mon guys, let's be realistic. Haruka x Rin is confirmed in OP, Nagisa has to "take responsibility" for Rei. Gou ... she gets Samezuka's whole swimming team. Makoto will be the childhood friend that gets left out, goes yandere over Haruka and starts chopping away at cabbages.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 00:27   Link #840
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
But that would be incest, animes aren't that perverted!
It doesn't need to be unhealthy. They can buy matching contacts and look at each other eyes to make sure those thing fit properly. If they have moment while examining for any flaws in their contacts, so be it. It can work.

Rin X Gou ships ahoy.

Tags
abs, fabulous, sports, water animation