AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 19 35.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 30.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 28.30%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 5.66%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-01, 10:00   Link #121
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
I for one think this thread's general disapproval of the Ragyo and Satsuki scene is appalling. You people need help, seriously.
I think it's pretty nice actually.....<__<

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I didn't say it wasn't different, just that it reminds me of "Inner Universe". Those aren't mutually exclusive. Haven't seen Guilty Crown, but it's not surprising that the two songs would be similar, since Hiroyuki Sawano did the music for Guilty Crown as well.
Oh? He did? Well that explains it....he seems to love German as a language for lyrics...wonder if he is actually fluent in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Life Fiber in human form. Nui and Ragyo are likely as well.
If that's the case then how was Satsuki conceived?

"see when two strands of fabric love each other very much....It's like the threads of fate at work"
Old 2014-02-01, 12:21   Link #122
Destined_Fate

That was a very... Disturbing thing in the bathroom. Her mother catching a feel on her daughters boobs and... Putting her hand down there while her daughter moans? What kind of relationship do they even have?!

Though the way her mother talks it's like she's possessed.

Hope Sensei steps in and doesn't let lil'miss badass get shot in the face.
Old 2014-02-01, 12:46   Link #123
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
For me the episode raised some danger flag for Mako's well being in the coming ones. One of these suit may take over her and become attached to Mako's funny bone. I don't want that.

No really, she might actually die.
Awww come on now....I realize that this show is getting serious now that it's starting to wind down, but people SERIOUSLY want this to wind up into some dark shit...which I don't think it will.

Yes there's been some dark spots like this episode but we also have a series in which there's a talking school uniform, a man who likes to wear bondage gear and has radioactive nipples that glow and Mako. I mean, hell...Ryuko probably could've killed off the Devas or even Satsuki could've killed them off for failing but all four are still alive and kickin'

The only really twisted characters are Mom and Harime. And if anyone does wind up dying, I think it's gonna either Sexy Sensei or Mohawk
Old 2014-02-01, 12:53   Link #124
CamDaDarkWizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
If it will speed up Ryuko's nonsensical indecision over "No, I'm not going to fight the extinction-level threat to humanity because I don't want to hurt Senketsu's feelings", then I'm all for it.

Sorry, Mako.

You serious? Ryuko isn't going to be the " ok I believe you're telling me so ill become and be used as the chosen one and put humanity on my back when this wasn't my damn problem in the first place" she has a right to say that.. All she wanted was revenge the whole nudist beach existence doesn't really matter to her nor does the origins of life fibers. She's helping them because she sees the bigger picture meaning the planet could be royally screwed by a very hit rainbow haired MILF.

Plus she did say she was going to fight but as one of them not as a tool

Not everything was being told in this episode as there are still a lot of questions Ryuko is not going to accept them all like an idiot
Old 2014-02-01, 13:13   Link #125
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I wouldn't be downright shocked if Mako dies, but I do think she's one of the least likely to die.

Killing Mako to create drama for Ryuko... I don't know, that just seems a bit too conventional for Kill La Kill to me.

I think named character death is certainly possible. I could see almost any of the antagonists dying, and that definitely includes Satsuki. On the protagonist side, I could see the Nudist beach guys dying. But outside of that, I doubt we'll see much named character death, and we might see barely any at all.
Old 2014-02-01, 14:19   Link #126
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

For me the highest death flags are raised for either Tsumugu or Satsuki. I could be wrong but I'd bet - if someone has to kick the bucket (besides - obviously - the outright villainous Ragyo & Nui) it's going to be one of them.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2014-02-01, 16:51   Link #127
Candyshark

It is wierd that Ryuko opposes to fight against Fiber using Senketsu but had no problems to use him to try to kill Satsuki?
Old 2014-02-01, 17:09   Link #128
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
About Ragyo being controlled by Life Fibers, I think she's actually a willing puppet/servant. It would be a bit lame if it turned out she was a good person controlled by evil Life Fibers.

Ragyo wants humanity to be ruled by Life Fibers. Satsuki wants humanity to rule over Life Fibers. Ryuko's answer will be for humanity to live peacefully alongside Life Fibers. Senkentsu and her are proof it's possible to be friends with Life Fibers and have a symbiotic relationship with them rather than a parasitic one. The show will end with humanity and Life Fibers living in harmony, bringing each other to new heights.

People have been saying Mako will die every single week since like the third episode. She's still alive and kicking. I for one am convinced she is immortal. She's eating death flags for breakfast.
Nope. Nobody really gets what they want.

Nui dies as Satsuki's first overt strike against her mother and COVERS (bisected at Satsuki's hand initially, but is finally shredded—literally, as she's a living knot of life fiber—by Big Damn Hero Ryuko). Primordial life fiber sun thingy, as well as all the kamui surrounding it and on the Kiryuin compound, dies in a fire (at the hands of Nudist Beach) as the background for the final battle of Satsuki and Ryuko versus Ragyo, who dies at its conclusion (ultimately at her daughter's hand). Aikuro (humorously) and/or Tsumugu (not so much) die(s) in battle with REVOCS/COVERS forces to ensure the final three-way is not interrupted, as does as a turncoat Inumuta (at Sanageyama's and/or Nonon's hands). Gamagoori dies (or at least gets skewered) protecting Mako from an attack meant by Satsuki to goad Ryuko into settling their score after the Ragyo battle. And finally Senketsu dies by merging with and taking out a berzerked Junketsu (saving a nearly broken Satsuki in the process).

Mankind appears to finally get to take its first few steps into the sun free of the control (or companionship) of life fibers, but in the epilogue, we see Hououmaru snatching up a surviving scrap of raw life fiber and sneaking away from the smoking ruins of the Kiryuin compound with it. After she disappears into the darkness, we see a flash of color...s...
Old 2014-02-01, 17:34   Link #129
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I wouldn't be downright shocked if Mako dies, but I do think she's one of the least likely to die.

Killing Mako to create drama for Ryuko... I don't know, that just seems a bit too conventional for Kill La Kill to me.

Unless this series decides to pull an Evangelion and go batshit cray, I still don't see Mako dying off happening.

Quote:
I think named character death is certainly possible. I could see almost any of the antagonists dying, and that definitely includes Satsuki. On the protagonist side, I could see the Nudist beach guys dying. But outside of that, I doubt we'll see much named character death, and we might see barely any at all.
I only pick the Nudist Beach guys because I can see Mohawk or Mikisugi sacrificing themselves. Hell, Sensei would probably drop his drawers first.
Old 2014-02-01, 17:45   Link #130
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:

Nui dies as Satsuki's first overt strike against her mother and COVERS (bisected at Satsuki's hand initially, but is finally shredded—literally, as she's a living knot of life fiber—by Big Damn Hero Ryuko). Primordial life fiber sun thingy, as well as all the kamui surrounding it and on the Kiryuin compound, dies in a fire (at the hands of Nudist Beach) as the background for the final battle of Satsuki and Ryuko versus Ragyo, who dies at its conclusion (ultimately at her daughter's hand). Aikuro (humorously) and/or Tsumugu (not so much) die(s) in battle with REVOCS/COVERS forces to ensure the final three-way is not interrupted, as does as a turncoat Inumuta (at Sanageyama's and/or Nonon's hands). Gamagoori dies (or at least gets skewered) protecting Mako from an attack meant by Satsuki to goad Ryuko into settling their score after the Ragyo battle. And finally Senketsu dies by merging with and taking out a berzerked Junketsu (saving a nearly broken Satsuki in the process).

Mankind appears to finally get to take its first few steps into the sun free of the control (or companionship) of life fibers, but in the epilogue, we see Hououmaru snatching up a surviving scrap of raw life fiber and sneaking away from the smoking ruins of the Kiryuin compound with it. After she disappears into the darkness, we see a flash of color...s...
Urobuchi, is that you?

I think Kill la Kill will either get a super happy ending or a really depressing one. No middle ground. It's the kind of show that takes everything to the extreme, the ending will be no different.
Old 2014-02-01, 17:55   Link #131
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Urobuchi, is that you?

I think Kill la Kill will either get a super happy ending or a really depressing one. No middle ground. It's the kind of show that takes everything to the extreme, the ending will be no different.
It will be the first show ever to go "to the extreme" with bittersweet.
Old 2014-02-01, 18:19   Link #132
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Seriously I need listen Junketsu's voice .......

I have a question Satsuki and increasingly ill after she wears her kamui but instead Ryouko has no side effect that makes it bad ... why? Can these because Zanketsu was created to modify and only Ryouko can wear? And Janketsu and originally received no modification for Satsuki have no effect ...

But after the session purification I can say that Satsuki will be no sensation of pain after wearing Janketsu... Maybe....
Old 2014-02-01, 18:22   Link #133
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:

...Well at least with this the show will actually live up to it's name now!
Old 2014-02-01, 18:26   Link #134
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
Seriously I need listen Junketsu's voice .......
Don't know if Junketsu even has a voice. He seems way more feral than Senketsu was even when he first encountered Ryuko, and since he was probably built after the Kiryuins failed to steal Senketsu from Dr. Matoi, he's probably less advanced (read: intelligent), but more powerful (due to the Kiryuins' greater resources).
Old 2014-02-01, 21:13   Link #135
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
If it will speed up Ryuko's nonsensical indecision over "No, I'm not going to fight the extinction-level threat to humanity because I don't want to hurt Senketsu's feelings", then I'm all for it.
Ryuuko was projecting. Replace all mentions of "Senketsu" with "me" and it will make perfect sense.
Old 2014-02-01, 23:44   Link #136
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Finally caught up with the series. Senketsu made the funniest recap ever! XD

Now let's not mention the bath scene please....

I was afraid of the series becoming to deep for its own good but I loved how Akiuro's exposition was made.... while exposing himself. The dude will never stop being hilarious.

Still, that ending. I kind of agree with Mako. Ryuko really overreacted even though Akiuro never ordered her around or treated Senketsu as an object. In fact, Akiuro even talked about Senketsu's emotions. Tsumugu didn't help either but I guess next episode will just be to let off some steam.
Old 2014-02-01, 23:47   Link #137
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Finally caught up with the series. Senketsu made the funniest recap ever! XD
All recaps should be like that.

It was also the most effective recap ever.
Old 2014-02-02, 02:10   Link #138
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
All recaps should be like that.

It was also the most effective recap ever.
Yeah, the recap was just way too hilarious with the extremely fast narration XD
Old 2014-02-02, 06:08   Link #139
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I was afraid of the series becoming to deep for its own good but I loved how Akiuro's exposition was made.... while exposing himself. The dude will never stop being hilarious.
Yeah, he was great in this ep, but nothing beats "NYUDISTO BIICHI NO SUPRENDIDO NEIKID OFFUSA...MIKISUGI AIKUROU, RETS BEGIN! KAMMON! HADAKA NO RYUUSEIGOU!"
Old 2014-02-02, 22:09   Link #140
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
If that's the case then how was Satsuki conceived?

"see when two strands of fabric love each other very much....It's like the threads of fate at work"
Ragyo is likely a willing host for Life Fibers, being semi-human at that. Nui stands out more as the possible Life Fiber in disguise given her feats so far.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Closed Thread