AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-20, 04:17   Link #1
PopeAlessandros

Red face The Final Fantasy

Does anyone even play them anymore? I mean, I'm currently plaing through 8,9, and 12 for the umteeth time, and I still find them enjoyable. I also play 1-6 on my computer every once in a while. I love my little 8-bit guys :P

Last edited by PopeAlessandros; 2011-07-20 at 04:18. Reason: Spelling
Old 2011-07-20, 04:58   Link #2
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

playing ff4 on my PSP right now

Old 2011-07-20, 05:10   Link #3
Yushi

Yeah I just beat FF4 a few weeks ago (the psp complete version), it was really fun. I also just purchased Final Fantasy Anthology (which contains FF5 and FF6), though I'm really only interested in FF6. I also regularly replay FF7 to FF10
Old 2011-07-20, 06:06   Link #4
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yushi View Post
I also just purchased Final Fantasy Anthology (which contains FF5 and FF6), though I'm really only interested in FF6.
Get the GBA version. It is probably the best version out there, besides the snes/super famicom version. Plus the GBA version has additional content.
Actually V is a good game. The job system was amazing, when i played it back then, not as good as III, but still.
Old 2011-07-20, 06:11   Link #5
Kyuu
=^^=

I replayed FF4 through the DS and relived a part of my childhood.
Old 2011-07-20, 08:18   Link #6
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
Playing Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection.

Already finished the main story, going through the After Story atm.
Old 2011-07-20, 10:20   Link #7
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Get the GBA version. It is probably the best version out there, besides the snes/super famicom version. Plus the GBA version has additional content.
Unfortunately, they did a very bad job on porting the music. Sound effects also suffered. It's not like the PSX version is that much better, though, especially if you consider the loading times.

Final Fantasy V is my favourite Final Fantasy. I loved it back in the day I played the fan translation. I replayed it on the GBA a year ago, though I stopped at the final dungeon while grinding for Job Points for the extra classes. The music port was decent, but the original sounds much better.
Old 2011-07-20, 10:24   Link #8
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otani-kun View Post
Playing Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection.
I was playing that, but then FFVI was released on the PSN, so now i'm on that. After all, it is my favourite in the series.
Old 2011-07-20, 10:33   Link #9
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

I replayed VIII recently and it's still my favorite. As for the series in general. Uh.. well I would certainly like to but Squeenix is making it quite hard for me. I thought XIII was awful and didn't like XII much either. Even X already had some things of this "new generation" of Final Fantasies but at least it managed to turn out well and it is one of my favorites.
I am very much looking forward to Versus and remain skeptical about XIII-2. Ultimately I'll probably get it anyway because this generation has been awful for (good) JRPGs so far and I'm starved.
Old 2011-07-20, 13:10   Link #10
PopeAlessandros

I love Triple Triad from VIII, and the graphics and battle system in XII is to die for!
Old 2011-07-20, 13:19   Link #11
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection was quite great! Based on the GBA version of FF IV + Interlude between IV and the after years + TAY itself.

@FF itself: I don't replay the series that much, unless nostalgia factor overcomems me. I have to say that Dissidia Duodiciem is quite entertaining. The only FF which I couldn't really get into was part 2 even though I tried it several times.

After that boring experience called Final Fantasy XII, I just stopped informing myself about the series intensely.
Old 2011-07-20, 13:32   Link #12
PopeAlessandros

*Stares slack jawed with huge watery eyes* Wh-what? You hate XII that badly? Wh-why? I love the millions of extra hours you could spend playing just to get all the sidequests and collectable done....
Old 2011-07-20, 13:38   Link #13
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

We already have a thread were people can post what games they are currently playing and we already have threads for all the latest FF games, and even another one were people can post about their favorite ones.

Quote:
*Stares slack jawed with huge watery eyes* Wh-what? You hate XII that badly? Wh-why? I love the millions of extra hours you could spend playing just to get all the sidequests and collectable done....
If people want to discuss a game in particular, they should use one of the corresponding threads, or create one if the older entries still lack one.

As it stands, I fail to see the point in having yet another thread about this series.

Thread closed.

Tags
final fantasy