AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 3 7.32%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 31.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 24.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 12.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 7.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 4.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 9.76%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-27, 17:34   Link #21
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Shaman Guy survived because...

1) He's a wimp. And being a wimp, he did a generally good job of not pissing people off or getting himself embroiled in heated disputes. Surprise! Cowardice can actually be useful in a survival game.

2) Only one person in this show killed someone in a serious effort at playing the game to win. That person was Celes. Celes decided that Shaman Guy was more useful as the framed fall guy than as the murder victim. Given how Shaman Guy manages to make himself look/sound guilty even when he's innocent, Celes' decision made perfect sense there.

Anyway, good ending. Dangaronpa maintains its loud, colorful, delectable cheese right to the end. Junko was almost overdone, really, but she definitely was entertaining and made a good final boss.

Nice touches included:

1. Togami playing Genocider to perfection. I literally lolled when Fukawa initially refused to bring out Genocider, only to instantly bring Genocider out when Togami said one inspirational sentence to her.

2. Aoi learning well from her best friend Sakura.

3. The dueling despair/hope speeches could have came across as cheesy in a bad way, but Makoto and Junko's seiyu put enough emotion, earnestness, and sincerity into their performance to have the speeches come off very well. Great, commendable seiyu work.

4. Kirigiri actually smiling. A lot! That was nice to see.

I'm a bit disappointed we didn't really get to see the outside world, but oh well. It was still a good finale overall.
Old 2013-09-27, 17:47   Link #22
zetsubo666

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post

Junko's execution was pretty lame.
Not a single care was givin by Junko while taking those punishments, she took them all on like a boss, if that's not bad ass, I dunno what is.
And yet you call that lame....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

3. The dueling despair/hope speeches could have came across as cheesy in a bad way, but Makoto and Junko's seiyu put enough emotion, earnestness, and sincerity into their performance to have the speeches come off very well. Great, commendable seiyu work.
I'm glad you understand and I agree with you the seiyu's made something cheesy into something sincere and emotional.
Old 2013-09-27, 18:07   Link #23
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen

the fun of the game for me was figuring out most of the case before the trail.and since they cut so much out thats not possible. so i say its bad but i did play the game first so i knew everything already.

- Guy Incognito 2014

Last edited by Guy Incognito; 2013-09-27 at 18:39.
Old 2013-09-27, 18:08   Link #24
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Shame we still don't know what happened. Not really.
Old 2013-09-27, 18:34   Link #25
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quite a good ending to an interesting series. I still don't understand the negativity towards those familiar with the series, but oh well, can't always be happy with how things turn out at times.

Anyways...

Ahem:

I have to give the seiyuu for Junko props for pulling off all those voices during her personality switches, and at the same time - staying within the being of her character. Am I the one who found Junko's "megane - genius girl" persona out of all the ones present? I found it to be despairingly sexy. The big eye moe act of hers truly creeped me out... that's just me though!

I felt like the conclusion and the build up to the final battle sort of felt "incomplete", but since it's been gunning as a one cour series, it's to be expected. I sort of thought that there's more to what's going on, but had to get to the finish line the closet way possible. However, the seiyuu's and how much emotion they put towards the end really made up for it, I can see why this series had really good seiyuu's backing this up.

It sucks that we can't see what the outside world looks like, but seeing Kirigiri smile totally makes up for it. My heart was beating so hard because of how beautiful she was. Well she's beautiful to begin with, but, Makoto, you have to make her yours.

Junko's execution was not something spectacular, but she took them like a freaking boss so I have to give her props for that. Sucked that she died because she was a truly brilliant mastermind minus the screw loose, but she looked ecstatic or turned on by being on deaths door step, so all the power to her I suppose. Why are the pretty ones always so dumb, weird, or... on drugs? Either one of the lesser of the two evils.

How is Monokuma still functioning without a host? Who knows, but for now I need to finish the first game since I stopped at the 4th chapter around episode. Can't wait for the sequel to come out for the Vita next year since I've bought for that specific purpose; and I hope to see it animated, but hopefully it'll be 2 cour instead of 1 like this one.

Quote:
Junko Enoshima: There's problems with Mukuro Ikusaba's mercenary title. Desparingly stinky. Despairingly gross. Despairingly filthy. You don't need to be a genius to know that society doesn't need someone like her.
What are you talking about Junko. She can serve her country in the army, the JSDF, or a bodyguard for some rich family or whatever. So that's a plus and a use of her talents, right?

Without further ado; off to complete the first game - emulated of course!
Old 2013-09-27, 18:44   Link #26
Solitaired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
What are you talking about Junko. She can serve her country in the army, the JSDF, or a bodyguard for some rich family or whatever. So that's a plus and a use of her talents, right?
Now what are YOU talking about? Serving the army? Helping others? Downright lame and disgusting. Mukuro's just a tool, and a useless one.

A plus and use of talents? A "Plus"? Are you sure you are watching the right series? Have you not understand a single thing even till the very end?
Old 2013-09-27, 18:48   Link #27
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
As an adaptation this show was absolutely terrible, but as a stand-alone anime I suppose it was decent.
I think that coming from a non-game perspective, the anime was more than decent. It's just that the game is better, so the anime seems worse to game-players. As such, I'm very glad that I was always further along in the anime than I was in the game. As long as you care more about the overarching mystery than the individual ones that's probably the way to get the most joy out of them. I just wish I hadn't had the whole "there are two Junko's" thing spoiled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
They teased DR2 at the end. Not looking forward to seeing this game get butchered before I can play it...
Does the idea of seeing it butchered fill you with despair? Upupu... Upupupupupu!
Old 2013-09-27, 18:52   Link #28
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaired View Post
Now what are YOU talking about? Serving the army? Helping others? Downright lame and disgusting. Mukuro's just a tool, and a useless one.

A plus and use of talents? A "Plus"? Are you sure you are watching the right series? Have you not understand a single thing even till the very end?
Well forgive me for being despairingly hopeful for people and their talents. You have no hope for peoples futures outside despair don't you.
Old 2013-09-27, 19:00   Link #29
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitenma View Post
I can't understand why you wish that an anime should not be made.
There are other people who want to watch it. If you don't like it, just ignore it.
1) Having a bad adaptation will turn chances for a future good adaptation into nothing (series that have the luxury for remake are extremely scarce)
2) Having a bad adaptation might also lead to very bad sales, which will cut the possibility for further adaptation (the likes of Umineko got terribly shafted because of how badly the first season went due to major adaptation mishaps).

An anime adaptation for SDR2 would be great, but if it is the same director/studio, that's a big NG. Especially that SDR2 is much more difficult to adapt.
Old 2013-09-27, 19:19   Link #30
Solitaired

Though Japan is handling it much better than Umineko. Biggest complain from Japan is the director, latter half of the series, and the finale.
Old 2013-09-27, 20:14   Link #31
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post

Well 2 Things abbout that:

- Taking Junko's words as a granted truth there is no country left to serve.

- Her title is actually [unecessary nonsense] Mercenary

I have no idea why they used soldier this time oO

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-09-27, 20:17   Link #32
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

well, that was despairingly underwhelming, but looks like I had it better than those who played the game, at least I didn't have any expectations when watching this, although I did get infected by the despair virus while reading klash's game summary of skipped scenes week after week.

I guess my main complaint was not letting the audience figure things out as the show progressed. Watching a bunch of people solve a mystery and watching and letting the audience in with the clues they find along the way are 2 different things in my opinion.
Old 2013-09-27, 20:36   Link #33
ChampDream
Alive

it was a ok episode, the only thing bad that I found is the pace at the beginning felt kinda fast and that I guess their still some stuff left for explain, so I give it a 8/10.
it look like they plan to make a second season.
Old 2013-09-27, 20:58   Link #34
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
- Her title is actually [unecessary nonsense] Mercenary

I have no idea why they used soldier this time oO
Mukuro's title is actually 「超高校級の軍人」 which literaly means "Super High School Level Military Personel", thus "Soldier" is more appropriate than Mercenary.
If anything, it would have been 傭兵 instead.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-09-27 at 21:15.
Old 2013-09-27, 22:25   Link #35
king12354

I played the game but still, there are a bunch of gaping plot holes. They all get amnesia and for some reason, all thought it was 2 years ago. Wouldn't they notice their body changing and all that? Not to mention how does Junko monitor everyone 24/7 without sleeping/eating/etc.
Old 2013-09-27, 22:28   Link #36
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

Junko's zetsubou's redeemed this anime for me.

I still recommend people play the game if they haven't already or wait to buy it officially when it comes out next year.
Old 2013-09-27, 22:37   Link #37
Renchan

I don't have much expectation before the anime started (thanks to DeSu2), but it's surprisingly decent. Rushed yes, but they pretty much get their point across.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354 View Post
Not to mention how does Junko monitor everyone 24/7 without sleeping/eating/etc.
The cafeteria is off limit at night, so she probably eat when the other are asleep or use Monokuma to bring the food to the control room.
Old 2013-09-27, 22:42   Link #38
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354 View Post
I played the game but still, there are a bunch of gaping plot holes. They all get amnesia and for some reason, all thought it was 2 years ago. Wouldn't they notice their body changing and all that? Not to mention how does Junko monitor everyone 24/7 without sleeping/eating/etc.
The whole amnesia thing confuses me too, played through the game twice to see if I missed anything but I'm still left wondering things.

Naegi fell unconscious when he entered the school for 2 years it seems, yet there are photos taken within those two years showing him and all the others who were knocked out interacting with each other.

Edit: Never mind, they had amnesia...then I guess they must have fell unconscious again before the events of DR.

Last edited by Celestia Ludenberg; 2013-09-27 at 23:02.
Old 2013-09-27, 23:08   Link #39
Preciize
Them Feels~

I enjoyed this series, but like others have said there seems to be a lot of things unanswered. But anyways, to my knowledge there are two games? And do they provide more info than the anime? If so, I might check them out b/c I have a ton of questions in my head right now. And anyone know if there will be a second season?
Old 2013-09-28, 01:45   Link #40
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionette Cherry View Post
The whole amnesia thing confuses me too, played through the game twice to see if I missed anything but I'm still left wondering things.

Naegi fell unconscious when he entered the school for 2 years it seems, yet there are photos taken within those two years showing him and all the others who were knocked out interacting with each other.

Edit: Never mind, they had amnesia...then I guess they must have fell unconscious again before the events of DR.
They didn't fall unconscious. It SEEMS like they lost consciousness because that's where their memory ends.

Anyway, I'm glad there are at least some anime only watchers who enjoyed the ride.

I've been spoiled by the game so I can't enjoy it as much.

I did enjoy all of the characters being animated though. Monokuma was the perfect troll, they at least got THAT right, and to me that is the most important part.
Closed Thread