AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-18, 12:15   Link #1
marvelB

Chapter 453 discussion (spoilers)

Well, the spoilers are out. There's no full translation, but here's what happens:

-The chapter begins with the penguin-dog still protecting Nami. Absalom and Lola arrive shortly and Lola goes after Nami. The pendog defends Nami, then comments that although he wants to protect her, his body is too weak. Also, there's a scene where Abs snatches Nami, but when she finds out that he was the one who stalked her in the bath, she shocks him (it doesn't really do much damage to him though...). Pendog tries to fight Absalom, but is blown away by something that Abs shoots at him from his arm. Lola is still attacking the other three...

-Meanwhile, Franky and Robin are fighting Talaran (the spider-monkey). Franky breaks part of the bridge they're fighting on, but Robin helps get them back up with a new technique where she makes wings out of her arms (WHOA!). However, it only lasts 5 seconds so Franky uses Strong Right to get them back up the rest of the way. Just when they're about to go follow Luffy, Brooke falls from the sky and crash-lands on the bridge....

Brooke is back! YES! Now things are really going to get interesting! Looks like Absalom is indeed a powerful foe, as well (what with him using "The Force" and withstanding Nami's electric shock). And Robin's wing move... wow. I never expected anything like that. It's rather unfortunate that she can only hold it up for a short amount of time, but maybe later in the series she can hold it up longer. But still, the most important thing (at least for me anyway) is that Brooke finally returned after 10 chapters! Can't wait to see how he fights....
Old 2007-04-18, 16:39   Link #2
NightShadow

Again, here are the pics:

2. Nami shocks Absalom

3. Absalom Rampage!

4. "Have I been zapped... with... LOVE?!"

5. Robin's WINGS!!!!!!!! (so badass... XD)

6. "Wow you have wings?" "Yeah... they last for about 5 seconds""WTF"

7. ...and finally, enter Brooke!
Old 2007-04-18, 23:31   Link #3
fierysky

Yaaay!~

Brook's back! =)

Oh this arc is getting exciting. So many things going on.
Flying Robin?? Cool, can't wait to see what other new abilities we'll see.
Old 2007-04-19, 03:20   Link #4
Master Mold
Banned

Well the only eye openers for me with this chapter was Brook, coming back and Absalom giving us a taste on how he fights......yea, my eye's are still closed.
Old 2007-04-19, 15:30   Link #5
Chuixupu
Shikachu

FrankyxRobin OTP!
Old 2007-04-21, 06:47   Link #6
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Someone needs to put Absolom in his place. I don't want any new nakama from this ghost island when this whole thing is over.
Old 2007-04-21, 13:28   Link #7
onepiecelover

I am starting to lose a little faith in the manga....
Old 2007-04-21, 14:39   Link #8
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepiecelover View Post

...Really? Despite all of the crazy suff that's been happening lately? To be honest this is shaping up to be my one of my most favorite arcs in the series by far.

And I wonder... since Luffy is captured now, perhaps this would mean that we may finally see Moria soon after all (like, in the next couple chapters)? If he's indeed the one who has the shadow-stealing ability, I think it would be appropriate for him to be revealed when him and Luffy meet face-to-face....
Old 2007-04-21, 16:03   Link #9
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
How does one even have faith in paper and ink?
Old 2007-04-21, 18:01   Link #10
NightShadow

Quote:
I fail to see how this can be more disappointing than the starting chapters of the Skypiea saga. I almost fell asleep during the first chapters of Jaya and when they first got to Skypiea... funny how that arc turned out huh.

Not trying to say Oda is not going downhill, but arriving at a conclusion now would be a bit too early don't you think?

I suggest you take some time off the manga and wait for more structure to form before declaring "Oda is losing his touch".
Old 2007-04-22, 18:54   Link #11
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And I wonder... since Luffy is captured now, perhaps this would mean that we may finally see Moria soon after all (like, in the next couple chapters)? If he's indeed the one who has the shadow-stealing ability, I think it would be appropriate for him to be revealed when him and Luffy meet face-to-face....
I hope your right, if not... I might end up in the same boat as Onepiecelover.

but haey Brook is back, so somthing good should come out of next chapter. also Jump is going to be taking off for golden week or somthing, so I really hope Oda does something in this chapter, that will hold me for a week with out a chapter.

I hope so....
Old 2007-04-23, 05:22   Link #12
ShikaShika
無罪

I have no concerns about this manga going stale anytime soon, seems quite as fresh as ever. There's plenty of story threads to expand on in this current arc, of which I'm personally the most curious about the backstory of the plate-throwing zombie actually (the name escapes me at this time). And imo action sequences always last pretty long in One Piece, so nothing new there... It's all good.
Old 2007-04-24, 08:55   Link #13
onepiecelover

I only lose faith because no build up, the waterCP9 was a huuuuuge arc with lots of buildup and yes its not as boring as skypia arc's beginging but atleast that arc had some form of a build up to it
Old 2007-04-24, 10:57   Link #14
NightShadow

We don't know whether there is going to be build up yet. Perhaps this IS buildup... perhaps the whole Moria arc is a build up for something grander.....
Old 2007-04-27, 09:48   Link #15
RonaldC

One Piece is still quite fresh for me, and I've been reading it since forever
Closed Thread