AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-03-09, 09:21   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Chapter 486 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---
Chapter Status: Full Spoiler released

Quote:
- Chapter Ttitle: Fists

- Naruto and Sasuke are both blown away by their techniques.

- W.Zetsu "catches" Sasuke, and Kakashi "catches" Naruto. W. Zetsu tells Sasuke that he is in trouble, and wonders to himself if he should contact Madara to come pick-up Sasuke. Naruto, meanwhile, seems to realize just what type of person Sasuke has become.

- Cut to Madara (in his little eye fortress), who mentions collecting the Rinnegan, before departing.

- Cut to the Bridge, Madara appears, and tells Sasuke he was supposed to go and rest. W. Zetsu steps forward and asks Madara if he should try and capture Naruto, but is rebuked by Madara who explains that Zetsu could never hope to beat Naruto (especially without his black half) since he is not an "attack-type" (way to piss off the Zetsu fans). Then Madara mentions constructing a proper "setting" for Naruto and Sasuke to formally battle for Madara's "entertainment".

-Madara starts taking Sasuke away, but Naruto stops him (with talking?). Sasuke decides to listen to Naruto...

- Naruto says that if they fight seriously, they will both die.

- He then goes on to say that he will shoulder Sasuke's hatred...and they will end up dying together because of that. No matter what, he will continue to try and help Sasuke, even if they both have to die .

- Sasuke refuses to accept this, saying he will kill Naruto.

- Kakashi tries to get Naruto to see reality, claiming that Naruto needs to be Hokage.

- Naruto ends the chapter by claiming that he can never be Hokage if he couldn't save a single friend...so they will fight!

Last edited by james0246; 2010-03-10 at 09:46.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 09:33   Link #2
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Well, I think a fight would not last just a single chapter, but since Kishimoto has run off the track long ago, why not let them kill each other. To me it sounds stupid. Why should Sasuke still be able to kill Naruto now that he's blind? It should be impossible unless Sasuke was a thousand times stronger than Naruto. Sasuke just lost his major techniques and one of the most important senses. I don't even believe that he's able to fight blindly. Itachi had trouble walking towards Sasuke when he was blind, why did Sasuke know where Naruto was when Naruto had to use sage mode to sense chakra? Sasuke should be a regular blind, crippled, outmatched, outnumbered and exhausted prey by now.
Old 2010-03-09, 09:40   Link #3
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Madara won`t let it happen
Old 2010-03-09, 09:44   Link #4
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
Well, I think a fight would not last just a single chapter, but since Kishimoto has run off the track long ago, why not let them kill each other. To me it sounds stupid. Why should Sasuke still be able to kill Naruto now that he's blind? It should be impossible unless Sasuke was a thousand times stronger than Naruto. Sasuke just lost his major techniques and one of the most important senses. I don't even believe that he's able to fight blindly. Itachi had trouble walking towards Sasuke when he was blind, why did Sasuke know where Naruto was when Naruto had to use sage mode to sense chakra? Sasuke should be a regular blind, crippled, outmatched, outnumbered and exhausted prey by now.
I don't think it is Sasuke being able to kill Naruto, so much as Naruto killing Sasuke and then killing himself...
Old 2010-03-09, 09:50   Link #5
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

LOL!
Wow!
Plz naruto! Kill yourself so this ASININE! manga can be DONE WITH!
You know whats so funny about this chapter?
Another poster and me actually predicted this BS would happen, LMAO!
But we just jokin around, to think it actually happen!
LOOOOL!

I swear I think Kishi is doing this on purpose. Its like he's intentionally ruining Naruto's character for his own Sasuke fetishes.
I will never consider another Kishi manga in my life.

Last edited by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk; 2010-03-09 at 10:03.
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 10:00   Link #6
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
Let Naruto pull off a Deidara when Sasuke is out of chakra (0%) and that will be the end of it.
Old 2010-03-09, 10:06   Link #7
Nite-Wing

Awwww naruto is the best friend/lover ever
I cant live without you sasuke so I'm going to die with you.
Sakura cries because sasuke's attention is back on Naruto.

All we need is some yaoi fanservice and Kishi will have finally turned off all his male readers.
Nite-Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 10:13   Link #8
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So now that the preaching has failed, Naruto tries the drama queen method...

"Sasuke, leave that darkness bitch alone and come back to me, or else I'll kill you and I WILL KILL MYSELF ! AND IT WILL ALL BE YOUR FAULT !"

I'll have to wait for the chapter or the script to see how it's worded, but the summary sounds pretty bad.
Old 2010-03-09, 10:28   Link #9
james0246

This is the lesson Kishimoto wants to teach the children of Japan (and the world): If you ever have a falling out with your friends, simply kill them and commit Suicide, it'll all be better then....

Joking aside, I'm a gonna wait for the ol'ohana report before I get to invested in the silliness of Naruto's 3rd Choice... (hey Cap. Commando, is this a pussy answer for you (this is still a joke))
Old 2010-03-09, 10:34   Link #10
Crimson Reaper

Oh for the love of...!!!! Bloody Hell this annoys me! I know-Well okay HOPE-what Naruto is saying is all just part of some ploy....Oh please let it be a ploy...to trick Sasuke. But still, you dumbass Naruto.

Quote:
He then goes on to say that he will shoulder Sasuke's hatred...by dying with Sasuke.
Yeah, great idea!

Quote:
Kakashi tries to get Naruto to see reality, claiming that Naruto needs to be Hokage
Seeing reality is the least Naruto can do, growing the Hell up is the other.

Quote:
Naruto ends the chapter by claiming that he can never be Hokage if he couldn't save a single friend
Again, purely childish deluded thinking. Because we all know Kage's NEVER let anyone die in their village......oh wait, the previous 5 Hokages lost important people to them so I guess by Naruto's logic non of them was worthy of being a Kage. Including his own dad.

*Sigh* Oh well bring it on, next week he'll probably bust out Sharingan of his own at this rate.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 10:38   Link #11
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Wow, Naruto plans to kill himself along with Sasuke if he can't save him. So pretty much Naruto can't live without Sasuke. Naruto needs to grow up in my opinion.
Old 2010-03-09, 10:40   Link #12
Kafriel
Senior Guest

When will people learn that RECYCLING IS BAAAAAD! Repeating the same lines from two chapters in a row kinda kills it for me. Naruto's suicidal tendencies make 0% sense to me atm,as well as Sasuke's refusal to die with him...I mean, what did he expect, cookies?
I can see Naruto going "I will kill Sasuke and then cut my throat, ahahahahah!" but it doesn't seem like he finally lost it
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 10:56   Link #13
Nite-Wing

I just like to think of it as a very very very deep friendship that they have. Onesided????
I think Naruto even called sasuke his brother when he was talking to Itachi.
Its an interesting development but we need to new villains fast Kishi
Nite-Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 11:00   Link #14
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Naruto and Sasuke kill each other > Sakura becomes the new main character?
Old 2010-03-09, 11:04   Link #15
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
- Sakura cries...again.
Kishi, stop bullying on her....

well... Kishi never ceases to amaze me about never ending failure, not about the plot, but about the same speech over and over...
Old 2010-03-09, 11:09   Link #16
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
So, Naruto's third option is to kill himself along with Sasuke
Like You Would Really Do It.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 11:14   Link #17
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
Naruto and Sasuke kill each other > Sakura becomes the new main character?
Along with Konan: "The Widows"....
Old 2010-03-09, 11:21   Link #18
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

So Naruto has given up on "Jesus no jutsu" and converted to Islam?

Seriously ARGHHHHH!!!! This has got to be the stupidest answer I've ever heard! I'm with you Aurora, there is no possible way a serious fight between them should result in Naruto's death atm considering Sasuke's current condition. Heck he couldn't even dodge a punch from Kakashi or a knife in the back from Sakura, he sure couldn't take on a serious Naruto.

So the only way he should die is if he causes himself to, but what the crap! Grow up moron! Crimson is absolutely right, he needs to accept the fact that he can't control other's hearts and suck it up! If Sasuke decides to be evil despite Naruto's best efforts then what good's killing yourself going to do anyone!

Worst part is, Hinata's confessed, Sakura's confessed (albeit maybe a little fake) Kakashi's discouraged him, etc, so I don't see anyone who could slap some sense into him.

My guess is this mindless desperation is Kishi's set-up for unlocking whatever it is Itachi did to Naruto. And this won't be the end because Madara's got nothing to gain by Naruto and Sasuke killing themselves and a kuubi to loose, so he will make sure it doesn't happen. But man this immature retarded line of reasoning from Naruto ticks me off! I was starting to really like him during the Pein invasion, and now Kishi has to go and ruin him again!
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 11:51   Link #19
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Yes that makes perfect sense:

Naruto: Sasuke if you in your exhausted, blind and powerless state and me in my healthy, full chakra and eyesight with super saiyan mode at my disposal fight we will both die. You from my awesome techniques and me from having a brain aneurysm from pure stupidity.

This reminds me when Shirley tried to kill herself and Lelouch at least the bitch got over it, I cant even say that about Naruto. The basic summary of this chapter is "If I can't have you no one will!"

I am now proud to say that at this point I am a Sasuke fan because at least he has some sort of logic "Kill me and be the hero or die by my hands"

Also Kakashi is this the guy that you want as Hokage the guy who seriously believes a blind crippled guy can kill him and ignores all his crimes simply because he is his friend...you know the type of friend that tries to kill you and your other friends on more than one occasion. I had hopes for this chapter but...FUCK YOU KISHIMOTO

@Haak I'm pretty sure linking to TvTropes is an international crime, its worse than a freaking cult or meth addiction.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 11:54   Link #20
SeanQ

Sasuke: I will Kill everyone.
Naruto: Oh, no you won't.
Sasuke: I will kill you too, if you don't kill me.
Naruto: Oh, no you won't.
Sasuke: You can't stop me.
Naruto: Oh, yes I can.
Sasuke: How?
Naruto: I will kill you and myself.
Sasuke: The fawk...you won't let me kill you, but you'll kill yourself...you say you don't plan on killing me, but you're about to kamikaze me...

Tags
weekly chapter discussion