AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2007-06-26, 10:54   Link #221
edgewalker00
ALL HAIL LELOUCH!

Wth!! This is Unacceptable!! Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!
edgewalker00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 12:36   Link #222
QueenNori

Quote:
Peach-Pit Speaks, Apologizes Profusely

Manga-ka duo Peach-Pit, creators of DearS, Shugo Chara!, Zombie Loan, and the uber-popular Rozen Maiden manga, have posted on their blog regarding their recent scuffle with editors, followed by the rushed wrap-up of Rozen. The general gist of the post: "we're sorry, we didn't end Rozen Maiden because we hate it, we're sorry, we're sorry, and…oh, we're sorry." Roughly.

However! They DO promise to "return the passion of the fans in some form in the future." This promise is leading many to hope for a sequel in a different comic magazine, since the problems came from various editorial difficulties rather than anything wrong with the series…but it remains to be seen if that (or anything) will actually happen.
Source: AnimeOnline
QueenNori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 17:01   Link #223
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenNori View Post
Quote:
The general gist of the post: "we're sorry, we didn't end Rozen Maiden because we hate it, we're sorry, we're sorry, and…oh, we're sorry." Roughly.
Hahaha... yeah, that seems about right. If the writers are still happy with the work, and the fans are still clamouring for it, it's hard to imagine something not coming from it (they're in business to make money, after all). But as was said, time will tell...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 18:06   Link #224
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Its just as I said when all this proverbial shi** hit the fan back in... January? February? In any case, I'll be awaiting the return of my favorite jointed dolls... and the pathetically small volume 8. The limited edition had better come with some awesome extra...
Old 2007-06-27, 00:36   Link #225
RM-FAN
Anti-Nina Einstein

I want kill peach pit, who´s with me?
RM-FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-27, 00:51   Link #226
QueenNori

Comipress posted another translation:

Quote:
Volume 8 of PEACH-PIT's Rozen Maiden came out on June 23rd. Due to the incidents earlier this year involving Rozen Maiden, volume 8 is barely over 90 pages (a regular volume of manga totals around 200 pages).

On June 24th, the mangaka duo PEACH-PIT posted a message on their blog apologizing for the rushed "ending" of Rozen Maiden. Below is a excerpt from the post:

Quote:
Rozen Maiden volume 8 was just released.

We think all Rozen Maiden fans were worried because we refrained from commenting on this blog since the beginning of this year. We're sorry about that and thank you for caring.

The reason why we couldn't mention anything about Rozen Maiden is not because my love and interest for the work were gone. This is the one thing we can be excused of.

Rozen Maiden is a blessed work, we can feel the love brought forth from fans everywhere. However, the present situation of Rozen Maiden is not something desired by fans. We're very sorry about that.

There are various ways to look at this situation. We're sorry for the people who was discouraged by it. we apologize. We also thank the people who accepted it, a thousand thanks.

We think everyone has their own opinion. We will accept all opinions that come in my way. Also, we will return the passion of the fans in the future, somehow.
QueenNori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-27, 03:25   Link #227
Hilinar

ngffgngfnfg

Last edited by Hilinar; 2010-06-13 at 03:36.
Hilinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-27, 06:20   Link #228
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
The English release isn't "far back." Volume 5 comes out next month. Having them release it quicker would only cause a bigger gap between the end of Rozen Maiden and the start of whatever they choose to call the continuation.

I don't understand the hostility towards Peach-Pit. Someone/ones were messing around with their story in a very negative way. Why shouldn't they have the right to pull their work away from that negative influence?
Old 2007-06-27, 12:53   Link #229
Claymore_Obsessed

I wonder what the editors had in their minds... I mean, I'd LOVE working in the manga biz, how could they be so unprofessional?
Old 2007-07-03, 18:14   Link #230
princess lilo
Anime Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiseiseki View Post
Someone on the Touhou image board did a translation of the last chapter and it doesn't seem it's the end of Rozen Maiden afterall.

http://rapidshare.com/files/34532187/RM.txt.html
Can you give a link to the actual Manga scans? I don't fully understand the Text only version
princess lilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 17:22   Link #231
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Ehem. I got interested in the discussion and it seems like I've spoiled myself a little bit right there around the corner. So, Peach-Pit has decided to end RM at volume 8 and leave us empty-handed, huh? If anyone wants, I can share my pillaging shovel.

On another note, the reason I came over was to see if anyone else is really pissed off at Tokyopop for messing up the characters' names ever so often. I mean, come on. In volume three, it was "Souseiseki". Volume four had "Soseiseki" and now we have a FUUUSION consisting of "Sousuiseki". "Suigintou", "Suigintoh" as well. I'm aware that they basically "sound" all the same and that it's hard to translate certain names to english/romanji at times, but they could at least be consistent in their naming.
Spoiler:

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 17:31   Link #232
•••Shadow•••
Love hater

sorry for my bad english......
what did you meant by "If anyone wants, I can share my pillaging shovel.
"?
And I don't know if they changed names.. I have manga only in computer in japanese... And I can't read japanese lol.... But I have those first two translated volumes...But yeah, I never like name changing.
•••Shadow••• is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 17:48   Link #233
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara View Post
On another note, the reason I came over was to see if anyone else is really pissed off at Tokyopop for messing up the characters' names ever so often. I mean, come on. In volume three, it was "Souseiseki". Volume four had "Soseiseki" and now we have a FUUUSION consisting of "Sousuiseki". "Suigintou", "Suigintoh" as well. I'm aware that they basically "sound" all the same and that it's hard to translate certain names to english/romanji at times, but they could at least be consistent in their naming.
Yes, that's just plain sloppy editing and proofreading, really. All they'd need is a cheat sheet for each series with the correct/accepted spellings for all the proper nouns; that way every editor, proofreader, and translator can always know what the correct spellings are. With a little bit of diligence and attention to detail, they could easily avoid these sorts of amateurish mistakes. That being said, these sorts of errors (along with typos, grammatical errors, and so on) are far too common in published manga these days, not to mention anime. I'm not sure that I'm pissed off about it, but it sure is annoying if your brain is naturally attuned to catching those sorts of things.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 21:57   Link #234
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RozenMaidenSK View Post
sorry for my bad english......
what did you meant by "If anyone wants, I can share my pillaging shovel.
"?
And I don't know if they changed names.. I have manga only in computer in japanese... And I can't read japanese lol.... But I have those first two translated volumes...But yeah, I never like name changing.
Haha, that's a quote from Richard the Undead Warlock from lftcomig.com

Spoiler:

And it's not really that they changed names, it's just that they're being sloppy and not paing attention to what they write. Throughout the english manga, the names and pronunciations are fairly accurate and I haven't been through a single error that I can remember.

Quote:
Yes, that's just plain sloppy editing and proofreading, really. All they'd need is a cheat sheet for each series with the correct/accepted spellings for all the proper nouns; that way every editor, proofreader, and translator can always know what the correct spellings are. With a little bit of diligence and attention to detail, they could easily avoid these sorts of amateurish mistakes. That being said, these sorts of errors (along with typos, grammatical errors, and so on) are far too common in published manga these days, not to mention anime. I'm not sure that I'm pissed off about it, but it sure is annoying if your brain is naturally attuned to catching those sorts of things.
Yeah I agree. Well, you could say that I'm a little too wary of little details like these, especially in manga and series that I really like. And did anyone notice that the V5 is a little thin as well? It has only three chapters instead of the usual 5-6, so I wonder if Peach-Pit started having issues around the time V5 was published. I haven't read it fully, but Shinku was really cute in Ch23 and Suisei-Seki's "Go for the spine!" had me laughing.

I really love this series ( judging by the fact that 200+ of the 6k posts in the RM:T thread are mine... ) , and so I'm keeping in touch with it little by little through the manga. I was really happy when they announced the first volume would be out in may of 06, and have been buying it ever since. Sucks that the B&N around here isn't keeping up with the releases, so I had to go take a look at other places to find it. But then I turn it around and alas, what do I see! "Sousuiseki". I was like "...". But oh well.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Old 2007-09-08, 22:41   Link #235
•••Shadow•••
Love hater

Ahhh, I would even say something but because of my lame english i didnt understand most of that. I cant read japanese so i cant even discuss the manga....languages..... T_T...... And I call myself RM fan...
So you meant mistakes in japanese RM manga? .... I mean not translated...
Old 2007-09-09, 11:43   Link #236
Claymore_Obsessed

These errors are sad...
by the way, the japanese editors were really lazy too, with all they did to the manga.
Calling Boku a male, changing names and stuff, losing original work...
Old 2007-09-09, 13:28   Link #237
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Quote:
These errors are sad...
by the way, the japanese editors were really lazy too, with all they did to the manga.
Calling Boku a male, changing names and stuff, losing original work...
Well, I'm not really apar with the situation of Peach-Pit at the moment, so I can't really say much. I'm trying to avoid spoiling myself out of the manga, so I'm not really reading this topic in full until I get my hands on the last volumes. And what do you mean "Calling Boku a male?" That they say Sousei-seki is a guy or that she uses "boku" when she's referring to herself?

If it's the latter, then it's not actually a mistake but just a different way of portraying the character. I don't know of many other characters who do that, but Tokyo Majin's Sakurai also speaks of herself in the "boku" manner, along with Higurashi's Furude Rika. I don't know the reason behind that, but perhaps using "boku" is a characteristic of stronger, more male-like characters. ( Not the case with Rika, but it holds true to the other two. )

@RozenMaidenSK:

Don't worry about it. And nope, as far as I know ( not much, so enlighten me if anyone saw the same mistakes in the japanese versions ), they're errors only found in the english version of the manga by Tokyopop.

Old 2007-09-09, 13:45   Link #238
•••Shadow•••
Love hater

So that means RM manga is already translated to english?
Because on the internet, there are only two volumes translated...
Old 2007-09-09, 14:28   Link #239
Claymore_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara View Post
Well, I'm not really apar with the situation of Peach-Pit at the moment, so I can't really say much. I'm trying to avoid spoiling myself out of the manga, so I'm not really reading this topic in full until I get my hands on the last volumes. And what do you mean "Calling Boku a male?" That they say Sousei-seki is a guy or that she uses "boku" when she's referring to herself?
Yes, they said that she's a guy...

Some time ago I read a translation of a Peach-Pit post on their blog.
PP said that they were angry with the editors because (among many other weird things) the editors wrote Souseiseki as “little brother”...

we all know that she uses "boku", that is a masculine way of speaking... but they should have noticed that she isn't a male
Old 2007-09-09, 16:20   Link #240
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Quote:
Yes, they said that she's a guy...

Some time ago I read a translation of a Peach-Pit post on their blog.
PP said that they were angry with the editors because (among many other weird things) the editors wrote Souseiseki as “little brother”...

we all know that she uses "boku", that is a masculine way of speaking... but they should have noticed that she isn't a male
Ah, I see. I must've missed that.

But lol, if that's true then... seriously, I don't know where to look anymore. If even the Japanese are doing half-assed work, then what'll happen to the already-problematic English companies? Nuuu.

Quote:
So that means RM manga is already translated to english?
Because on the internet, there are only two volumes translated...
Maybe you should check Tokyopop. The English Manga has been out since May of 2006, at least in the USA. I'm not sure if you'll find english scans online though.

Tags
fantasy, seinen