Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-02-24, 13:06   Link #81
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
(she's 35, right?...Well she looks 35 at least, so maybe she is older)
I can't tell how serious you're being when saying this

She's 26!
Old 2013-02-24, 13:32   Link #82
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Wait, you mean this thing is still alive? I had heard it was burned, dead and buried, especially with Bay changing so many of the concepts...

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 14:16   Link #83
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Wait, you mean this thing is still alive? I had heard it was burned, dead and buried, especially with Bay changing so many of the concepts...
Bay still remains as a producer. They are negotiating to get Jonathan Liebesman (Darkness Falls, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning, Battle: Los Angeles, Wrath of the Titans) in to be the director.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 17:26   Link #84
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Unfortunately they couldn't give it the dignity of a quiet death. Couldn't just let it be cancelled. They are going to throw this thing into theaters and destroy it in the worst way possible...

Only way they could make this worse is to have M. Night Shyamalan direct...that guys an expert at killing a franchise .
Old 2013-02-25, 18:11   Link #85
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Only way they could make this worse is to have M. Night Shyamalan direct...that guys an expert at killing a franchise .
Actually "The Last Airbender" was a decent success, and Shyamalan already has the second script finished. He is just waiting approval from Paramount to start the franchise up again...which they probably won't give to him. Whatever the case, the franchise isn't really dead, Paramount is probably just looking to wait a few years to recast all the roles and redo the film in a more meaningful way (there have also been talks about the sequel series being given a big feature debut in the interim).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 21:32   Link #86
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Actually "The Last Airbender" was a decent success, and Shyamalan already has the second script finished. He is just waiting approval from Paramount to start the franchise up again...which they probably won't give to him. Whatever the case, the franchise isn't really dead, Paramount is probably just looking to wait a few years to recast all the roles and redo the film in a more meaningful way (there have also been talks about the sequel series being given a big feature debut in the interim).
Oh god you don't mean he's trying to do another one!? I didn't know the butchering of a favorite series was considered a decent success . I'm assuming you mean financially and not in any other sense. I pity the Airbenders. First came the Fire Nation....then came Shyamalan.

I'd like to see it get a return at some point, but you'd have to reboot the whole thing and find a director who still knows how to make decent movies. To bad the current state of "The Last Airbender" isn't talking about a great animated series but, a really bad movie.
Old 2013-03-01, 01:42   Link #87
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

We will be spared the nightmare of Michael Bay’s TMNT until at least June 2014

Quote:
Additionally, while most early reports said the film's title was going to be Ninja Turtles — you know, back when Bay was definitely going to make them aliens and not turtles, because Michael Bay thinks logic is for assholes — now the movie seems to be titled Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles again, almost if someone realized they shouldn't needlessly change the name of the franchise that has been beloved and best-selling for 25 goddamned years.
Oh thank God!
Old 2013-03-01, 02:53   Link #88
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
I really thought that people were just being hyperbolic about "The Last Airbender". I really did. So I watched it, and shut it off after fifteen minutes. It's like the script was sourced from an uncles brothers cousins friend who overheard it from two other guys walking fifty feet ahead of him, etc, etc.

How in gods green earth can you get something so basic as the names wrong? How could you not find a fat oriental man to play Iroh? Why are you blitzing through the plot by narrating all of it? Ugh. I don't hate Shyamalamanana but this is not his type of movie. Stick with the weird shit man. We need more movies about aliens who are trying to take over a world that is mostly made of water, which is their biggest weakness. Conveniently. Stupid aliens. The guy peaked at Unbreakable.

Pretend this was the Ang Lee Hulk, bury it, and never mention it again. At least Bay's movies end up being mindless entertainment even if the source material is sorely abused. Last Airbender was just awful incarnate and should have never been made. Do us all a favor Paramount and never hire this guy again.
Old 2013-03-01, 04:27   Link #89
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Pretend this was the Ang Lee Hulk, bury it, and never mention it again.
Comparing Shyamalan’s Last Airbender to Ang Lee’s Hulk? No way. Ang Lee’s Hulk is a very underrated movie. Ang Lee gave the characters in Hulk some depth and the actors' performance is great compared to those chemistry-less actors in Incredible Hulk. Also, the action in Incredible Hulk is really not that good (the Hulk still looks fake and the action badly animated), yet everybody kept hyping it that it’s million times better than the action in Ang Lee’s Hulk. Not in a million years. Their action are on the same level (some scenes in Hulk is even more engaging than in Incredible Hulk). In short, Hulk is an underrated gem while Last Airbender is a complete mess imo.
Old 2013-03-01, 04:48   Link #90
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Both Hulk films suffered under the same weakness; that the protagonist wastes the whole film looking for a cure.

That is why the Avengers Hulk was created. A Hulk that dealt with his condition the best he can and gets on with his life. Because we know Hulk will never be cured, so why waste time trying to pretend he can be?
Old 2013-03-01, 04:58   Link #91
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Comparing Shyamalan’s Last Airbender to Ang Lee’s Hulk? No way. Ang Lee’s Hulk is a very underrated movie. Ang Lee gave the characters in Hulk some depth and the actors' performance is great compared to those chemistry-less actors in Incredible Hulk. Also, the action in Incredible Hulk is really not that good (the Hulk still looks fake and the action badly animated), yet everybody kept hyping it that it’s million times better than the action in Ang Lee’s Hulk. Not in a million years. Their action are on the same level (some scenes in Hulk is even more engaging than in Incredible Hulk). In short, Hulk is an underrated gem while Last Airbender is a complete mess imo.
Incredible Hulk was worse than Hulk, imo. The problem with Ang Lee's version, which Incredible tried to fix and failed, was that the Hulk is a big green juggernaut who smashes stuff. Ang Lee's version wasn't a bad movie, but the "tortured monster" schtick was straight out of Frankenstein. It felt like Superman Returns, where the writer tries to give depth to a hero when all people really wanted was Superman 2 again.

Best modern Hulk yet? The one from the Avengers. I really liked how he was able to banter with Downey and hold his own.

Anyway, I wasn't attempting a direct comparison, but to say it was unpopular is an understatement, and it's best left forgotten by most people.

But I digress. I'm not saying that Ang Lee's Hulk was bad, just that it didn't really deliver the "Hulk" experience a lot of people hoped for (ditto for Incredible). And I believe that's true for Last Airbender. If you didn't know the franchise, it's not awful, but knowing the franchise just makes it painful and it's best left forgotten and hoped for a reboot.
Old 2013-03-01, 04:59   Link #92
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Both Hulk films suffered under the same weakness; that the protagonist wastes the whole film looking for a cure.

That is why the Avengers Hulk was created. A Hulk that dealt with his condition the best he can and gets on with his life. Because we know Hulk will never be cured, so why waste time trying to pretend he can be?
For an origin movie, I think it’s normal and realistic for a freaked-out Banner to desperately looking for the cure. Save the all-out wall-to-wall action for the sequels. Imo Ang Lee’s Hulk is an excellent origin movie, while Incredible Hulk was trying to be an origin movie and a sequel (and fell short on both ).

@Solace. Even my little sister who's not well-versed in Avatar was able to recognize the bad acting, rushed plot, and the really strange and awkward action sequence at the Earthbenders prison/camp.
Old 2013-03-01, 08:00   Link #93
jdennis007

So make The Shredder the transformer, he was just an ordinary document shredding truck until this ray from space gave him life.
Since the turtles are aliens anyway why not make them a team from the Galactic Turtle Defense Network, an organization dedicated to keeping justice in space.
Old 2013-03-01, 16:47   Link #94
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

The problem with Hulk movies are.... the Hulk fans aren't really looking for drama.
We're looking for the Hulk to TEAR SH!T UP. The Jekyll & Hyde theme should be nothing but a backdrop, not the meat of the action.

Thank god Joss Whedon knew what he was doing.
Old 2013-03-01, 19:29   Link #95
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdennis007 View Post
So make The Shredder the transformer, he was just an ordinary document shredding truck until this ray from space gave him life.
Since the turtles are aliens anyway why not make them a team from the Galactic Turtle Defense Network, an organization dedicated to keeping justice in space.
If I was working for Bay (and did not get institutionalized in the process), I'd hire you in a second. This is brilliant.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 20:02   Link #96
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Hey, might as well have fun with it...

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 23:43   Link #97
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hey, might as well have fun with it...

I remember this video, this is pretty old, isn't it? The NC show's been down since then at the very least. I agree though, we're already up the creek without a paddle, so we might as well see how bad it can get for some possible laughs.
Old 2013-03-02, 23:58   Link #98
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
The NC show's been down since then at the very least.

Actually, he has released a couple of new videos in February.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 07:45   Link #99
HasuMasu
*Artist

B-but...The Incredible Hulk was great.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 17:21   Link #100
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
First look

pre-cgi turtles

Spoiler:

Megan Fox as April O'Neil
Spoiler:

Not much to comment honestly. According to sources an alien invasion of Earth inadverently creates the Turtles so they are sticking close to the original source.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote