Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-12-01, 01:47   Link #261
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
Whoa, Furihata! Nice for Fujimaki to give props to the basics after all the NBA highlight reel moves that have been going on.

Also, it looks like Log's (and my) irritation with Akashi's ankle break should be put to rest. There has been dribbling, we just haven't been seeing it -- manga and all.

Akashi's beginning to have more frequent instances of fluster/surprise. Could we see the big switch occur soon?

I'm pretty sure Seto is his last name. But I meant that they look similar (when Seto's hair is slicked back). Must be the mole.
I always knew there was dribbling.

I know Seto was his last name. I meant I wouldn't confuse him with Sensui from YYH.

Oh, OK.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-06, 04:42   Link #262
BPD Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
I always knew there was dribbling.

I know Seto was his last name. I meant I wouldn't confuse him with Sensui from YYH.

Oh, OK.
Yup, and we got to see it this chapter!

Anyway, nice to see the other first years getting a part to play as well. I honestly thought the other two would be sidelined the entire time, but their role ends up being quite fitting towards the theme of this manga -- teamwork triumphing over monster talent and all.

And page 16, the uncrowned generals faces when Fukuda goes in... Not quite as hilarious as Furihata's entrance but still amusing.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 21:19   Link #263
BPD Renegade

Yikes! Anyone have any ideas on how this is going to end? I'd say Seirin needs a miracle, but according to Murasakibara,
Spoiler for ch 245:

It looked like this manga was going to wrap up by the end of the year, but with the way things are going... Honestly, short of some miraculous power-up + second wind, they're going to be crushed.

Man, first the college team I was rooting for gets upset, then the Clippers are down, and now reading this chapter... Today just isn't my day for bball.
Old 2014-01-18, 21:53   Link #264
hamazura
whatever

deimon comeback 0-32 vs strongest team with hiruma. not impossibru just 25 point, and tis is basketball, easier to score than american football
Old 2014-01-18, 21:59   Link #265
Awrya
U mad?

After watching Rockets against OKC on Thursday, I believe anything is possible in basketball.

It's hinted that Akashi has a second power in addition to Emperor's Eye, but Seirin is already being outplayed in all positions except SF, but Kagami isn't exactly dominating Hayama either.

They may lose the Winter Cup, Kiyoshi leaving the team temporarily to rehab and we'll get a Seirin v Rakuzan rematch in the nationals, though I really thought them winning the Winter Cup would be the end.
Old 2014-01-18, 22:19   Link #266
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
They may lose the Winter Cup, Kiyoshi leaving the team temporarily to rehab and we'll get a Seirin v Rakuzan rematch in the nationals, though I really thought them winning the Winter Cup would be the end.
boring as fuck
Old 2014-01-19, 12:24   Link #267
Amario

Only way a comeback is going to happen is if the real phantom sixth man returns *cough* Kuroko *cough*. Even if Kagami used the zone at this point wouldn't last till the end since the longer you stay in it, the effects start warring off.

Quote:
It's hinted that Akashi has a second power in addition to Emperor's Eye, but Seirin is already being outplayed in all positions except SF, but Kagami isn't exactly dominating Hayama either.
Its not hinted, it is clearly said by Kuroko that he has another ability but that belongs to the original Akashi not the current one who is dominating them with just the Emperor's eye.
Amario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 15:22   Link #268
waffler

i cant see how seirin will win even if kuroko returns and starts to make a comeback akashi will just use his other power and then comeback again for the win xD
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 08:45   Link #269
Yami no Ou
まおう

I wonder what ability will Kuroko gain if he ever awakens
Old 2014-01-20, 11:43   Link #270
Amario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami no Ou View Post
I wonder what ability will Kuroko gain if he ever awakens
I doubt he will have something like that, he is different from the Generation of Miracles although they acknowledge his skills but what makes Kuroko the phantom sixth man was his presence which he has lost. If he did have some sort of awakening power it would most likely be him having something like his "vanishing drive" constantly used the entire time....well these are just all speculation at this point since Akashi is owning all of them.
Old 2014-01-24, 21:42   Link #271
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amario View Post
I doubt he will have something like that, he is different from the Generation of Miracles although they acknowledge his skills but what makes Kuroko the phantom sixth man was his presence which he has lost. If he did have some sort of awakening power it would most likely be him having something like his "vanishing drive" constantly used the entire time....well these are just all speculation at this point since Akashi is owning all of them.
Well at the start of the 3rd quarter
Spoiler for 3rd quarter:

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 12:50   Link #272
Amario

Oh man serious emotions running high and Seirin are back to a corner with pretty much all hope lost but out of nowhere to see Kuroko cry and move forward with his team even his former team mates are in awe but then again its probably since they have not seen him show such an expression. Question is.....will the phantom sixth man make his real presence known < side note I know Kuroko's ability mainly involves his lack of presence was just saying a figure of speech.
Old 2014-01-31, 13:25   Link #273
Awrya
U mad?

Surprised that technical fouls count as personal fouls and a technical foul doesn't give you a Free Throw in high school basketball, two more differences compared to NBA?

Seeing how Mibuchi missed two FT due to exhaustion, I could see Seirin intentionally fouling him (Hack a Mibuchi?) and hope he misses more.

I could see Seirin channel their inner T-Mac and score 13 in 33 seconds, which is still somewhat more realistic than most powers of the GoM.
Old 2014-01-31, 14:19   Link #274
fukarming

Hypothetical question: If Akashi switch team and play for Seirin starting in the 3rd quarter, can Seirin overcome the deficit?
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 19:35   Link #275
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amario View Post
Oh man serious emotions running high and Seirin are back to a corner with pretty much all hope lost but out of nowhere to see Kuroko cry and move forward with his team even his former team mates are in awe but then again its probably since they have not seen him show such an expression. Question is.....will the phantom sixth man make his real presence known < side note I know Kuroko's ability mainly involves his lack of presence was just saying a figure of speech.
The only way I can think of is for the shadow to become the brightest light. Well, Kuroko's losing his stealth isn't a complete loss. At least Seirin won't have to worry about facing Kaijo next year.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 21:44   Link #276
BPD Renegade

Whoa, anyone else notice that it was Akashi's right eye that was shown? Finally, hints that the other Akashi may be coming back soon... Plot twist might be that other Akashi shows up not because Emperor Eye is beaten, but due to Kuroko's determination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
Hypothetical question: If Akashi switch team and play for Seirin starting in the 3rd quarter, can Seirin overcome the deficit?
Depends. It's possible for Seirin to pull ahead even without Akashi. In the latest chapter, we start seeing signs of fatigue on Mibuchi's part, which means endurance is coming into play. Like other posters said before, anything's possible in basketball; although, I have to add this cliche bit: "as long as the team keeps believing it's possible."
It's something I see more in college bball than the NBA, but when there's a gap, you can sometimes tell if there's still a chance of catching up or if the game's done by the team's demeanor and how they play. If they keep their cool and avoid making bad/hasty plays, there's always a chance that one of their players will get the hot hand or the team in the lead will suddenly hit a wall and stop making their shots. It happens often enough, even in NBA games.

So basically, Seirin prior to Kuroko-tears would not be able to overcome the deficit, but Seirin post-Kuroko-tears has a chance, especially with the cracks that Rakuzan is showing. As for Akashi joining Seirin... Well, that would kinda defeat the purpose of beating Akashi, wouldn't it?
Old 2014-02-07, 14:39   Link #277
Amario

Kuroko back on the court and showing no signs of giving up!
That speech!
And what's this! the phantom sixth man has he truly returned?!

......have to wait a whole damn week....
Old 2014-02-07, 15:05   Link #278
Awrya
U mad?

So he basically shifted attention to Mayazumi, temporarily regaining his lack of presence?
If Rakuzan doesn't make adjustments, Seirin will gain momentum, if they pull out Mayazumi, it'll hurt his confidence, affecting his play if they sub him back in later, tough decision.
Old 2014-02-07, 17:03   Link #279
Phantom

Quote:
So he basically shifted attention to Mayazumi, temporarily regaining his lack of presence?
If Rakuzan doesn't make adjustments, Seirin will gain momentum, if they pull out Mayazumi, it'll hurt his confidence, affecting his play if they sub him back in later, tough decision.
I don't think that couple of shots made him the center of attention. In order to use misdirection, you must have someone who has a large presence on the field.

Here's my take on it. Kuroko has just used Misdirection using Rakuzan's players. I mean, first it makes sense and it won't look like a @sspull from the perspective of readers. Moreover, it seems to me that all this time, Kuroko had used Kagami's large presence on the court to misdirect. So using a large number of large presences, misdirection is back!!
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 17:51   Link #280
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

The return of the Phantom.

BTW, Generation of Miracles, at the very least, couldn't you have a little bit of trust on Kuroko?

He's been playing with the group since middle-school.

Simply trust him not just a player but as his friends, right?
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
basketball, comedy