AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-07-09, 06:21   Link #121
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

^sadist
Loved the asunaxkirito moment
Also GGO could be a one cour with Rosario as a 3 ep OVA
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 07:10   Link #122
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
I don't quite see why people would hate it, since its a development that makes sense. Players will adapt to the world in time. Plus, by the end of the two years, SAO has already replaced the real world as their "true" reality for most of the players, and people would rather live on than fight.
Addressing that second point as well, the peaceful moments are suppose to be an exploration of this as well.

Well, unless they're looking for tragedy much in the same way as fate/zero and madoka. I gotta agree with ya there, since people like that are everywhere (I guess having Yuki Kajiura on board isn't helping much with that misplaced notion )

I've gotta admit, its somewhat sadistically fun to watch people come up with all these wild theories and speculation while we sit here knowing what happened.
People don't need a reason to hate something; humans can be ugly like that. Some do it to troll, while others genuinely hate the stuff.

Some people will dislike, and bash shows if they don't "click" with them, so to say. For them, It doesn't matter how well executed the development is. If they don't like, they simply don't like it; that's all there is to it.

But yeah, I definitely agree with you.

Isn't it just? >:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by maelstormCaT View Post
Heheh. The early people in the 1st ep thread is confused at the Asuna cooking for Kirito scene in the opening. Call me evil, but I enjoy watching those people squirm while I know all the answers.
MWAHAHAHA!
As I said up above, yes. Yes, it is!

But please try to keep spoilers and spoilery hints out of the anime threads; it'll only cause problems. If people want to know something, they can either come directly to one of us novel readers, or they can post in either the Q & A thread or the novel thread. This wasn't directed at anyone in particular, I just thought I should get that out there.

Oh, and if you see something that'd you consider a spoiler, please report it! There were some complaints about spoilers in the first episode thread.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 07:40   Link #123
maelstormCaT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
^sadist
Loved the asunaxkirito moment
Also GGO could be a one cour with Rosario as a 3 ep OVA
No way! GGO Needs roughly 6 episode if they want to animate it right.
Rosario vampire needs roughly 6 episode also.

That's a full season there.
maelstormCaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 07:42   Link #124
novalysis

Just skimmed through SAO Volume 1. Wow. If this 24 episode anime consumes both Volume 1 and 2, I'd imagine the outcry for ALO would be very, very loud. The hypothetical Episode 24 thread would be filled with masses crying for a sequel, once they learn there are unanimated volumes, and no more than a fifth of the story has yet been told.

Still, I heard on MAL that Muv Luv is outselling SAO in Preorders right now....

Does the author have a Kendo fetish? It seems to be a running theme, in SAO and Accel World.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 07:48   Link #125
tomtkp

Quote:
Rosario vampire needs roughly 6 episode also.

I think you misunderstood what Fallen3dge said just now.

He said GGO will need one cour which means 12 episodes in a season and Mother's Rosario as a 3-episode OVA.
Old 2012-07-09, 07:57   Link #126
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Just skimmed through SAO Volume 1. Wow. If this 24 episode anime consumes both Volume 1 and 2, I'd imagine the outcry for ALO would be very, very loud. The hypothetical Episode 24 thread would be filled with masses crying for a sequel, once they learn there are unanimated volumes, and no more than a fifth of the story has yet been told.

Does the author have a Kendo fetish? It seems to be a running theme, in SAO and Accel World.
It's almost confirmed that ALO will be included, as one of the characters has a VA listed on the likes of ANN and MAL. We're guessing a bit more than one cour for SAO, and rest for ALO. The ending should be pretty satisfactory.

That's because the Muv Luv fan base is absolutely massive.
Old 2012-07-09, 08:02   Link #127
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
It's almost confirmed that ALO will be included, as one of the characters has a VA listed on the likes of ANN and MAL. We're guessing a bit more than one cour for SAO, and rest for ALO. The ending should be pretty satisfactory.

That's because the Muv Luv fan base is absolutely massive.
Nope. I don't have anything against Muv Luv, if anything, I think it's an impressive story of delicious premises (Not the BETAs, mind you), and I'd love to see the full saga animated, even if it means Mouretsu Pirates Season 2 may well be cancelled in favor of the other Muv Luv stories- and I hope it also get's a subforum of it's own. Ahem, a little off topic.

But I wonder how well SAO would sell. If SAO makes it near the top, I guess the rest of the arcs could be released as full animes, instead of highly compressed OVAs. Of course, if they reached all the way to a certain point about Acceleration, those Asuna is KYH's mother's rumors will probably re-surge again, even with that first page jossing
Old 2012-07-09, 08:05   Link #128
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Rosario VAMPIRE needs roughly 6 episode also.

Yuuki is a vampire
Old 2012-07-09, 08:11   Link #129
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Nope. I don't have anything against Muv Luv, if anything, I think it's an impressive story of delicious premises (Not the BETAs, mind you), and I'd love to see the full saga animated, even if it means Mouretsu Pirates Season 2 may well be cancelled in favor of the other Muv Luv stories- and I hope it also get's a subforum of it's own. Ahem, a little off topic.

But I wonder how well SAO would sell. If SAO makes it near the top, I guess the rest of the arcs could be released as full animes, instead of highly compressed OVAs. Of course, if they reached all the way to a certain point about Acceleration, those Asuna is KYH's mother's rumors will probably re-surge again, even with that first page jossing
Nope to what? The fan base being massive? The ending being satisfactory? Sorry, you lost me there. x:

I feel so-so about the Muv Luv franchise. I'm sure it'll get a sub forum soon enough, though.

Well, we're hoping that it does.

... Then I'll bring out the big guns (ie, that acceleration aspect is what inspired Accel World, KYH was alone all in that hospital, fighting for her life, and Asuna didn't even show up, and of course, what the author said himself about the two worlds). I'll also bring out the paper fan to wallop people with!
Old 2012-07-09, 08:16   Link #130
com_gwp

Quote:

Interesting, what is your source? From what I understand preorder figures for SAO are near impossible to get a hold of because of the aniplex/amazon dispute (similar situation as Tsuritama last season, as well as Dog Days, Koichoco, Natsuyuki this season)
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 08:24   Link #131
novalysis

Quote:
Interesting, what is your source? From what I understand preorder figures for SAO are near impossible to get a hold of because of the aniplex/amazon dispute (similar situation as Tsuritama last season, as well as Dog Days, Koichoco, Natsuyuki this season)
Hope that I don't break any rules linking to this post on MAL.

Muv Luv Outsells SAO?
Old 2012-07-09, 08:26   Link #132
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Nope to what? The fan base being massive? The ending being satisfactory? Sorry, you lost me there. x:

I feel so-so about the Muv Luv franchise. I'm sure it'll get a sub forum soon enough, though.

Well, we're hoping that it does.

... Then I'll bring out the big guns (ie, that acceleration aspect is what inspired Accel World, KYH was alone all in that hospital, fighting for her life, and Asuna didn't even show up, and of course, what the author said himself about the two worlds). I'll also bring out the paper fan to wallop people with!
We have a straight man gag on this thread featuring aphrah as a returning star
Also, i'm wondering just what happened to KYH parents
Old 2012-07-09, 08:30   Link #133
novalysis

Quote:

Nope to that I don't have anything against Muv Luv, and indeed wishes it the best.

I think we are straying off topic though... nervously looks around.

Actually, if SAO and ALO takes two cours, GGO +assorted stories another Cour - how many Cours do you think would be needed to reach Acclitization?
Old 2012-07-09, 08:35   Link #134
Ray
Garnet

@Fallen3ge: Fear the paper fan!

@novalysis: Oh. So that's what you meant.

Shush. It never happened.

to "reach" Alicization? or to "cover" it? If it's the latter, then 2. That arc is massive.
Old 2012-07-09, 08:38   Link #135
novalysis

Quote:
@Fallen3ge: Fear the paper fan!

@novalysis: Oh. So that's what you meant.

Shush. It never happened.

to "reach" Alicization? or to "cover" it? If it's the latter, then 2. That arc is massive.
So, 2 for SAO and ALO, 2 more for GGO, Mother's Rosary and other short stories + OVA, and then, there's Alicization, which probably could easily be another 2 Cour S3 by it's own?

And then, in 2024, an anniversary edition of the full works of SAO anime comes out, featuring all 72 or even 108 episodes in High Res, 3D.

Oh, and if a true SAO MMO came out, I'm predicting that 2000 candles will be burned 1 month after release in game, in a massive well attended ceremony.
Old 2012-07-09, 08:42   Link #136
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
So, 2 for SAO and ALO, 2 more for GGO, Mother's Rosary and other short stories + OVA, and then, there's Alicization, which probably could easily be another 2 Cour S3 by it's own?

And then, in 2024, an anniversary edition of the full works of SAO anime comes out, featuring all 72 or even 108 episodes in High Res, 3D.
I doubt we'll get even a single cour for GGO and Mother's Rosario; GGO *might* get a one cour season, but OVA-series is more than likely how Mother's Rosario will get animated.

Yeah. Alicization would lose a good bit by being squeezed into 1 cour.

Haha, let's not get ahead of ourselves now. ;p
Old 2012-07-09, 08:44   Link #137
novalysis

Quote:
I doubt we'll get even a single cour for GGO and Mother's Rosario; GGO *might* get a one cour season, but OVA-series is more than likely how Mother's Rosario will get animated.

Yeah. Alicization would lose a good bit by being squeezed into 1 cour.

Haha, let's not get ahead of ourselves now. ;p
Can Mother's Rosario fit a movie? Though if they reached Alicization, I'd say that getting 2 cours is no issue, so long as the fanbase remains strong.
Old 2012-07-09, 08:46   Link #138
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Can Mother's Rosario fit a movie? Though if they reached Alicization, I'd say that getting 2 cours is no issue, so long as the fanbase remains strong.
Maaaaybe. Some details might have to get cut, though. But, honestly, I'm not very good at guessing how much animation time would be enough for stories.
Old 2012-07-09, 08:58   Link #139
com_gwp

Quote:
Hope that I don't break any rules linking to this post on MAL.

Muv Luv Outsells SAO?
It looks to me more like it's the commenter's own opinion, but it's true, the Muv-Luv fanbase is huge amongst the VN community. That said, SAO had a staggering amount of build-up hype in the months preceding its airing, beating all the other shows by very large margins. The community polls I've seen had SAO at some 50-60% of all anticipation votes, probably the most I've ever seen for a show in a single season. And let's not forget that SAO is probably the much more consumer-friendly show between the two.

In any case, I still think it's better to wait for actual figures. Thanks for the link
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 09:15   Link #140
novalysis

Quote:
It looks to me more like it's the commenter's own opinion, but it's true, the Muv-Luv fanbase is huge amongst the VN community. That said, SAO had a staggering amount of build-up hype in the months preceding its airing, beating all the other shows by very large margins. The community polls I've seen had SAO at some 50-60% of all anticipation votes, probably the most I've ever seen for a show in a single season. And let's not forget that SAO is probably the much more consumer-friendly show between the two.

In any case, I still think it's better to wait for actual figures. Thanks for the link
No Problems.

But yes. SAO is relatively safer. But then again, it's very, very early days. Whatever one says about this season, there are two mega-franchises whose first animes are being released, and a good number of decent animes, so I can't really comprehend why so many are predicting that this would be one of the weaker seasons.

Of course, I don't think the smut scene would appear in SAO. Except, perhaps in BDs.