AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-07-12, 17:04   Link #1
TamaNeko

What stores would let me "rent" a videogame console?

...in the sense that I'd buy it, play with it for a week or two, then pack it back in the box to return it to the store for a full refund.

Past-gen owner here. After all this E3 drama, I figure I should finally jump on the next-gen bandwagon. But, thing is, I'm not made out of money and want to make sure that the console I buy is really the kind that I want. Asking for what console to buy is cowpoop since you're relying entirely on someone else's opinion, so I figure the best way to determine this is to try it out for myself, hands on.
TamaNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 17:57   Link #2
chison
GSNMaSter
*Artist

no one do that becasue is not seem to be that profit-able but with a huge risk...

but neither way,any normal/huge game saleing station wound very likey to put those popular console out for you to demo new game plays...
chison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 18:21   Link #3
Robotnik
Not a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaNeko View Post
...in the sense that I'd buy it, play with it for a week or two, then pack it back in the box to return it to the store for a full refund.

Past-gen owner here. After all this E3 drama, I figure I should finally jump on the next-gen bandwagon. But, thing is, I'm not made out of money and want to make sure that the console I buy is really the kind that I want. Asking for what console to buy is cowpoop since you're relying entirely on someone else's opinion, so I figure the best way to determine this is to try it out for myself, hands on.
Several of the Blockbuster Video stores I've been to will rent you a video game console for some sizable deposit; however the only next gen console I've seen them stock is the XBox 360. Might be worth looking into though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Here's an analogy, imagine going into a movie rental store and trying to rent a dvd player... is that even possible?
Blockbuster will do that as well; I've also seen individual stores of big chains like BestBuy and Sam Goody/Coconuts (before they started closing down) do movie and game rentals as well as renting game consoles and DVD players.
Robotnik is offline   Reply With Quote