AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-09-08, 21:15   Link #81
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ahh yes, New York, where street vendors immediately recognize Japanese Yen, no Covid, and 100% of the criminals are white (except maybe that one guy whose skin was ever-slightly darker)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-08, 21:45   Link #82
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
If Kanna can learn a new language in just a few seconds, why did it take Elma so long to learn the programming language at Kobyashi's company? Is Kanna a super genius even by dragon standards or is Elma dumb?
Err ... You know that programming language is a completely different thing, right?

Learning the syntax of a programming language is super easy. Anyone can do it in a few days (if not a single day).
The hard part is using it to code a program.
Old 2021-09-09, 01:36   Link #83
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
no Covid
Well for starters, this chapter of the Manga came out before 2020, soooo Covid-19 didn't even exist yet

Quote:
Ahh yes, New York, where street vendors immediately recognize Japanese Yen
Any vendor in a high traffic, high tourist area is likely to recognize different currencies.

Quote:
100% of the criminals are white (except maybe that one guy whose skin was ever-slightly darker)
The hell is this even supposed to mean? White people can't be criminals? I don't even know what to make of this level of ignorance.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-09, 07:30   Link #84
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
Err ... You know that programming language is a completely different thing, right?

Learning the syntax of a programming language is super easy. Anyone can do it in a few days (if not a single day).
The hard part is using it to code a program.
Of course I do. But do you realize how smart Kanna has to be to learn English in just a few seconds? Someone with that kind of intellect would be able to learn how to program very fast. But I guess she could have learned English with magic.
Old 2021-09-09, 18:36   Link #85
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

The problem with logic "if they are smart enough to do X then they should also be smart enough to do Y" is that Tohru, who is a terrible maid, and Fafnir, who sucks at making doujins, are much bigger offenders than Elma
Old 2021-09-09, 18:58   Link #86
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Wait a second. So random girl from the other side of the world Chloe can find out Kanna is a dragon, but Saikawa has to be kept in the dark about all this stuff? Kind of makes me feel bad for her in that sense. Doesn't seem like there's any real reason not to let her know.

The storyline for that part of the episode was fine enough. Kanna runs off and meets up with someone that mirrors her situation so she can work through things at her own pace. And Kanna was able to have some really good moments.

The "where's Waldo" with Tohru was hilarious. She really was there the whole time if you looked hard enough .
Old 2021-09-09, 19:26   Link #87
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Of course I do. But do you realize how smart Kanna has to be to learn English in just a few seconds? Someone with that kind of intellect would be able to learn how to program very fast. But I guess she could have learned English with magic.
In the manga, Kanna broke the 4th wall to learn english, she "looked at subtitle data" to learn english. Elma learned programming the hard way, as she is such an honest person she didnt use magic to help her learn.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-10, 15:49   Link #88
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Wait a second. So random girl from the other side of the world Chloe can find out Kanna is a dragon, but Saikawa has to be kept in the dark about all this stuff? Kind of makes me feel bad for her in that sense. Doesn't seem like there's any real reason not to let her know.
I believe there's two main reasons for this:

1. Chloe was in a situation where her life was pretty much in danger, with Kanna having to go full dragon to save her. There has yet to been any real situation where Saikawa's life is in danger to the point where turning into a dragon was necessary.

2. How their lifestyles would reflect their main reaction to Kanna being a dragon. Saikawa life is pretty normal, and as seen when Saikawa saw Elma's dragon form, she is someone who would want to tell others about the existence of dragons if she knew. Meanwhile, if the kidnappers are any indication, Chloe's life tends to be sheltered, and as such, she'd have a good idea of the unwanted attention that could happen if others knew about Kanna being a dragon.
Old 2021-09-10, 18:56   Link #89
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
I believe there's two main reasons for this:

1. Chloe was in a situation where her life was pretty much in danger, with Kanna having to go full dragon to save her. There has yet to been any real situation where Saikawa's life is in danger to the point where turning into a dragon was necessary.

2. How their lifestyles would reflect their main reaction to Kanna being a dragon. Saikawa life is pretty normal, and as seen when Saikawa saw Elma's dragon form, she is someone who would want to tell others about the existence of dragons if she knew. Meanwhile, if the kidnappers are any indication, Chloe's life tends to be sheltered, and as such, she'd have a good idea of the unwanted attention that could happen if others knew about Kanna being a dragon.
I think it just comes down to personality. Saikawa is incapable of holding anything in. Even if she promised to never tell anyone ,and meant it, the next day at school she would be shouting out that Kanna was a dragon if she dropped her eraser.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-11, 08:25   Link #90
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
I think it just comes down to personality. Saikawa is incapable of holding anything in. Even if she promised to never tell anyone ,and meant it, the next day at school she would be shouting out that Kanna was a dragon if she dropped her eraser.
Is that really a problem? No one would believe her.
Old 2021-09-11, 08:54   Link #91
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Is that really a problem? No one would believe her.
Maybe that's why. If Saikawa knew about dragons she'd tell it to everyone and nobody would believe her, making her feel miserable.

Though I think that if Kanna told her everything and then told her to keep it as a secret for the two of them only, Saikawa would probably agree, especially if Kanna threatened to break ties if she didn't respect her wish.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-11, 09:24   Link #92
jdennis007

The miraculous part was not that he knew what the coins were, it's the fact that he was white.
I give you good deal means I wont rip you off as much, not I will give you a good price. FYI a hot dog can go for anywhere from $3 to $5 for a single hot dog in Times Square.
Old 2021-09-14, 13:33   Link #93
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

The whole episode with Kanna was so cute and wholesome. Hopefully we get to see Chloe more in the future.
Old 2021-09-15, 02:06   Link #94
X207
Gamyūsa

that was a heart warming episode. very enjoyable.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-15, 11:57   Link #95
EroKing

Episode 11

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-20 at 09:01.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-15, 15:55   Link #96
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Anyone else feel that Episode 11 should have happened in Episode 7 or 8 instead?
Old 2021-09-15, 17:02   Link #97
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Anyone else feel that Episode 11 should have happened in Episode 7 or 8 instead?
Why? It is a good place to end the main storyline for this season and end with another comfy ep.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-15, 18:40   Link #98
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Now we know all of Tohru's backstory. The broad strokes, at least. That leaves Kanna, Lucoa and Fafnir (I consider Elma and Ilulu's are done). Kanna will get an episode telling us her origin for sure, especially with this episode revealing she inherited her name from someone else. The other two, kinda doubt it. They don't get much screentime in the first place.

Timeline is pretty hazy. What's the story with Shouta's dad?
Old 2021-09-15, 20:45   Link #99
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Kobayashi has the body of a 80 year old can even do simple back exercises with out a nice snap

Finely got some more backstory on Tooru
Old 2021-09-16, 00:42   Link #100
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
So in the end that's how things went for Tohru. Went around, experienced a lot, but in the end she just couldn't find what she wanted. Going 'berserk' and charging in there only to nearly get killed in the process. Meeting Kobayashi gave her some direction. It was the right balance between having freedom and being tied down a bit.

The brief Kanna bit was cute. And you can certainly see how things played out for her. She wanted some attention darn it. Her parents caught up in that conflict and more or less neglecting her. Honestly I'm kind of amazed that they didn't suffer some consequence. Tohru took a lot of heat for coming to our world, but Kanna was dropped in it by her parents. Even if she is young she has more than enough power to cause real issue. Kind of shocked that she's gone under the radar from all the factions involved. Oh well, at least this episode explains her picking up a spell like turning into a human despite her age and there being quite a few spells she hasn't learned yet.

As always though...Shouta's father is creepy. Something about that face just makes me think he's not only a mage but a serial killer...

Quote:
I think it is fine. Clearly wanted to save a more serious episode for near the end of the season. And it works as well here as anywhere I think. A chance to dive into Tohru's backstory and really explore her character right before things end once again.

Tags
dragons, slice of life