AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-04-06, 09:06   Link #181
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Cyrodiil? Nah, friend has though he had fun... I'll check it out at some point. I'm AD, the Aust AD campaign is Dawnbreaker, currently we are leading 57177 (AD) to 1424 (DC) and 1133 (EP). The buff you get from that in the open world are amazing.
Old 2014-04-08, 17:45   Link #182
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

I thought the T1 and T2 dungeons were too easy and cheesy, but after doing T4 dungeons (lvl 35-36), they're pretty fun. You have to have a decently coordinated group to defeat bosses. The abilities that the bosses in each dungeon have are getting cooler and cooler as well, can't wait for veteran content.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 15:02   Link #183
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Hah, sliders aren't that great for "those" XD

Old 2014-04-14, 09:43   Link #184
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Yea, lets go with "DragonBreak" makes the most sense.
Old 2014-04-15, 18:47   Link #185
Mr Hat and Clogs

Vexana, Bosmer Nightblade Mcstabby Pants - also Werewolf.
Old 2014-04-15, 18:54   Link #186
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I see max bust, butt, and hips with min waist. :P (I don't blame you... without that set up the female body model is .... very manly... Skyrim and Oblivion had better female mode. =\ )
Old 2014-04-15, 20:18   Link #187
Mr Hat and Clogs

I don't blame me either. I dunno, the models in Skyrim were pretty bad unless you modded it. I like these models though, or maybe the face, the elves in Skyrim always looked like ass.

Oh, you forgot minimum height. :P

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2014-04-16 at 01:03.
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 08:17   Link #188
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

So you pretty much made Kim Kardashian "Dam Hobbits" How's the leveling process in this game like? Must be different because of the full voice acting.
Old 2014-04-16, 08:50   Link #189
Mr Hat and Clogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
So you pretty much made Kim Kardashian "Dam Hobbits" How's the leveling process in this game like? Must be different because of the full voice acting.
She's not a hobbit. Look, she may have gone on a long quest, met a bunch of elves, delved some dwarven ruins, and ended up fighting an ancient evil on top of a mountain, but she is not a hobbit. The height thing is amusing though, some quest objectives I'm too short to reach without getting a boost.

Eh, I'm enjoying it a lot - even with some seriously bugged quest lines - but I'm just far enough behind the curve that the majority of the bugs are fixed by the time I roll by. Although, some aren't. There are some really baffling bugs to, the game could probably have used more beta time, but the majority of the bugs appear to be because of sheer people traffic, and the quests wig out because of it.

I really want to recommend it, but some of the bugs can be show-stoppers - although they are getting fixed. It's a shame to because it is the best questing and story I've ever seen in an MMO, and some of the dialog between characters is utterly priceless. I also enjoy how NPC's comment on your feats as you travel around, some can be quite supporting or on the other hand can be fairly full of scorn "You let that Alchemist live, how could you the man was a murdering bastard."

The gameplay, isn't to bad, I like the combat and when you get used to it the limited skills makes strategic thinking a necessity (although the weapon swap at lvl 15 is a godsend). Can't just barrel on in and expect to deal with everything. Although I get responsiveness issues due to me being in Australia though.

Overall, it's good (very good when things are going well), but while the launch was probably the smoothest I've seen (despite that one day), the bugs really hinder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
OMFG. I just got ESO and tried to install it. The installer picks C:\Zenimax Online drive as the default install location. So I change the drive to D: as the install location, but the 'Zenimax Online' folder name is not automatically added after that.

PRESTO! ESO installer tries to wipe out my other files from D: drive in alphabetical order. Guess which folder was on the top of the list..... 'Anime'. I just lost a shit tonne of stuff from two past seasons ago and I am now trying to recover it with recuva.

Others have run into the problem. http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com...l-programs-bug
Holy shit man, ouch... I had it installed to a non-default drive to, but I'm all kinda of pedantic for directories, so I didn't miss that one. But damn, that blows. Hope you can recover it.
Old 2014-04-29, 16:45   Link #190
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

So I started playing this game because a friend who never played the other ES games (but always heard me talk about how much fun they are) was all excited to play. He even spent the 80 bucks on the imperial version. So I decided to give the game a try. Now after about a week of playing it's not bad. Here is the ironic thing though. My friend got perma banned for trying to by gold. The problem is he never tried to by gold. . This game is being handled so poorly.

Bethesda or whatever scrub division of said company that's working on this mess, has really got there hands full on trying to salvage what could be an otherwise pretty decent MMO. The amount of bugs though are horrendous.

It feels like they needed a lot more beta time on this one.

I won't say it isn't fun because it has been fun, but it's fun to eat cookie dough too but that doesn't mean it's cooked all the way. I fear that a lot of this games detractors (pre release) are going to end up correct in their assertions that this was nothing more than a quick money grab.

Anybody else sticking with this?
Old 2014-04-29, 16:59   Link #191
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I haven't given it a shot after watching AngryJoe's initial impressions on the beta so far. Also because it feels awkward to me, playing a game that I'm so accustomed to single-player would feel strange to me in a multi-player setting. I do believe the developers are ZeniMax who work under the same building as Bethesda.
Old 2014-04-29, 21:51   Link #192
Mr Hat and Clogs

TBH take Angry Joes review with a grain of salt. He exaggerates a fair bit - and often misses the point of an MMO, or even a TES game. Not to say that there isn't some fairly hilarious or horrifying bugs though - it's just not as crippling as he makes out, and the most annoying ones are either fixed or soon to be fixed. Then its mostly just balance stuff they need to work on. Honestly though the game should still be in Beta, if they had a couple more months to polish it into a non-buggy state, and refine some of the questing and phasing mechanics, then holy shit... I'd never go back to WoW.

A few people got picked up in that banwave, but just had to petition to get their account back - wasn't duping was he?

Speaking of phasing and the single player game Hooves, questing and leveling can be done completely solo, and often you are in individual phases, separate even from group members. I can see that they did this for enhancing the personal story aspect of the game but it is kinda harsh on groupers (especially since this phasing is often used in the overworld). I'd say they really wanted to encourage group play for the veteran ranks, like with Craghorn - which is a full zone like any of the other leveling zones, that you must do as a group and keep leveling as a mostly solo story focused affair.

Speaking of story, the last couple of story quests are awesome, absolutely love how bad ass you feel in that final one. It was very satisfying.

Currently VR3, almost 4.

Installed SweetFX and ESOLauncher, share a couple scenery pictures. (for some reason they're all dungeon pictures, lol.)

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-04-30, 07:15   Link #193
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Ya he's definitely not the type to try and get a unfair edge by cheating I think they just made a mistake. He put a petition in but he's still pretty pissed and thinking about not even coming back. He's the kind of guy he just works all the time and when he gets a few minutes to play he wants to pvp. So I'm sure he wasn't duping or cheating in any way.

That aside those pics look amazing.
Old 2014-04-30, 07:52   Link #194
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

I hate this game after a couple of beta weekends, every subsequent invitation felt liked inhumane cruelty. That stuff was traumatising. You just kind of wanted to sit in a corner, rocking gently crying "why won't you just leave me aloneeeee!?" This game just shouldn't be out of beta yet (I even wonder if it should be out of alpha, because seriously)

Not to mention the absolutely shameless business model- whoever isn't out off by how bad the game itself is should run for the hills based on that, at the very last. Sub fee, pay to win, cash shop.
I can see where your priorities are, Bethesda, and it's not with providing a quality, long-term game. Chances are, they are trying to cash in as much as possible and this will go f2p in a year. It can't survive as it is. It has nothing going for it.

I don't like giving entirely negative reviews but honestly, if anyone is thinking of shelling out the, what, 70 quid to "see if you like it".. Just don't waste your cash like that. Use it to wrap your lunch in. It's a better investment.

And no, the negative reviews all around the web aren't lying or exaggerating. It's that bad and worse.
Old 2014-04-30, 08:14   Link #195
Mr Hat and Clogs

Pay2Win Cash Shop? Seriously? Whos the one exaggerating now? The only thing you can buy is the CE horse if you want the white one (or a brown version), it's not even a good horse. Considering the only thing you need to spend gold on in the game is repairs and your horse, you hardly need to pay real $ for one.

Won't get me disagreeing that they should have kept it in Beta for longer (Although the most crippling bugs have been fixed). Yet even with that I'm still having fun.
Old 2014-04-30, 08:52   Link #196
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

A game that requires you to buy the software and pay a sub fee, both at relatively steep prices should not have a cash shop. Period. You shouldn't be able to buy your way to getting round faction restrictions or anything else either. So no, it's not exaggerated. And iirc, the horse was pretty steeply priced in game (I may remember that bit wrong though)

Either way. It's not worth what you're asked to put in. Unless uninspired, buggy fetch quests and awkward outdated combat (or having absolutely no weight) are your thing. Not to mention that graphics wise, it looks a lot worse than the screenshots... (low-medium settings are simply unsightly, and high end machines really bring out the outdated looking textures- but that's subjective. It might not bother you, but it's a very ugly looking game.)

If you're enjoying it, more power to you, but a good game with staying power this simply isn't.
Old 2014-04-30, 17:13   Link #197
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
A game that requires you to buy the software and pay a sub fee, both at relatively steep prices should not have a cash shop. Period.
World of Warcraft has a cash shop that just sells pets/mounts (although I still question their boost).
Old 2014-05-01, 03:22   Link #198
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
I hate this game after a couple of beta weekends, every subsequent invitation felt liked inhumane cruelty. That stuff was traumatising. You just kind of wanted to sit in a corner, rocking gently crying "why won't you just leave me aloneeeee!?" This game just shouldn't be out of beta yet (I even wonder if it should be out of alpha, because seriously)

Not to mention the absolutely shameless business model- whoever isn't out off by how bad the game itself is should run for the hills based on that, at the very last. Sub fee, pay to win, cash shop.
I can see where your priorities are, Bethesda, and it's not with providing a quality, long-term game. Chances are, they are trying to cash in as much as possible and this will go f2p in a year. It can't survive as it is. It has nothing going for it.

I don't like giving entirely negative reviews but honestly, if anyone is thinking of shelling out the, what, 70 quid to "see if you like it".. Just don't waste your cash like that. Use it to wrap your lunch in. It's a better investment.

And no, the negative reviews all around the web aren't lying or exaggerating. It's that bad and worse.
I think your negative reviews are still a bit too early...it's not P2Win (yet lol, hopefully not but we shall see ), a lot of the bugs are getting fixed weekly (first week was terrible, but it's a lot better now), and honestly, regardless of what MMORPG this one, any other new MMORPG would be $60 for the regular + $20 for delux, that's how a lot of these new games are so don't act like the price was specific to this game . And, correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem like you bought the game so it has been what, 2-3 months since the last beta weekend? Things change yo.

As mentioned above, I don't understand why people keep focusing on the pricing of the game. Even if the game wasn't P2P, the game would still cost $60 bucks + $20 if you wanted the delux, games nowadays are doing that, especially a lot of the games coming out/related to Steam. Even if this was some random brand new MMO that was looking to go P2P, would STILL cost $60 + 20 + sub fee. Prices of games are going up all the time, this game is no exception and I don't think that should be a reason to turn your back on this game. The cash shop has barely had anything done to it so it's quite silly to assume this will be P2Win. If you don't want to spend on the cash shop, don't buy...simple as that.

Aside from constantly shaking my head after reading about posts about pricing for the game, I'm almost VR4. Really loving my Templar, but I do wish I rolled a sorc for that teleporting ability + impulse, but that will be my 2nd character. My guild is gearing up and getting teams out ready for Craglorn. Only vet dungeons I've run so far was BC which is mega easy and a good intro to veteran content and fungal grotto.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 10:18   Link #199
Mr Hat and Clogs

I've yet to have a group finish Fungal Grotto. Tanks bail on the second boss all the time. Impulse is so damn cheesy, it makes me sad that as a NB I have to be careful with how I take down a group and along comes some sorcerer or DK spam casting Impulse.

Just moved house so no ESO for me this week until the internet is hooked up.
Old 2014-05-02, 23:57   Link #200
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

For those curious about AngryJoe's non-beta impression on it.