AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-08, 03:48   Link #221
Key Board
Carbon

She's big on repaying debts, so at the very least I expect her to save/spare A-Drei's life once
But does that mean she will defect to Dorsia? heck no. Remember these are the guys that are responsible for Aina's death.

In fact, I see it the other way around. A-Drei might join the Royalist faction once he learns how infested Dorsia is with Magius influence.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-11-08, 03:59   Link #222
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
She's big on repaying debts, so at the very least I expect her to save/spare A-Drei's life once
But does that mean she will defect to Dorsia? heck no. Remember these are the guys that are responsible for Aina's death.

In fact, I see it the other way around. A-Drei might join the Royalist faction once he learns how infested Dorsia is with Magius influence.
I don't think she'll defect but I do think she will be conflicted. Also, you never know what she might think about Dorssia when she learns that they're being played by the Magius just as much as everyone else.

Also, A-drei is already part of the royalist faction. He's trying to pull a "Suzaku" and work his way up so that he can reinstate the monarchy by staging a rebellion from within. He alluded to it back in episode 7 and it's stated out right in his side manga.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-11-08, 06:54   Link #223
iCK

Look at the opening and ending, its a 5v5 between the pilots. People should not be worried about her defecting.
Old 2013-11-08, 16:08   Link #224
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Also, A-drei is already part of the royalist faction. He's trying to pull a "Suzaku" and work his way up so that he can reinstate the monarchy by staging a rebellion from within. He alluded to it back in episode 7 and it's stated out right in his side manga.
I think he sympathizes with them, but he's not officially part of the royalist faction. If he was they would have executed him.

And if you take his manga side story, he's fighting other royalists as part of a mission as an agent.

Things are going to get really awkward for him with H-Neun dead/MIA, though
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-11-08, 17:28   Link #225
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I think he sympathizes with them, but he's not officially part of the royalist faction. If he was they would have executed him.

And if you take his manga side story, he's fighting other royalists as part of a mission as an agent.

Things are going to get really awkward for him with H-Neun dead/MIA, though
He stated he is planning a revolution from within, and I really can't think of him doing anything other than trying to get his family back in power, which would line him up with the royalists. I don't know if he's in it officially, but he's with them in terms of goals.

As for H-9, this is Sunrise and unless I see the body and it is decidedly quite dead, then he's alive. He might not be in the best shape, but alive.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-11-09, 19:38   Link #226
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I don't think she'll defect but I do think she will be conflicted. Also, you never know what she might think about Dorssia when she learns that they're being played by the Magius just as much as everyone else.

Suzaku never wanted to stage a rebellion, so I wouldn't call what A-drei is doing the same thing. Suzaku wanted to change things from the inside, but peacefully, believing too much in a corrupt system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allium View Post
^Somehow I have a sinking feeling that that's what she would not end up doing. I hope it's just me.
I am hoping she does end up coming back and stays. I'm hoping that image we saw of her and Cain in the season two trailer is some sort of plot twist of the explainable kind to completely baffle viewers. I already have a crazy theory about it.
Old 2013-11-09, 21:29   Link #227
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Suzaku never wanted to stage a rebellion, so I wouldn't call what A-drei is doing the same thing. Suzaku wanted to change things from the inside, but peacefully, believing too much in a corrupt system.
Yeah, I was trying to get across that he was trying to change things from the inside. The less I can compare that idiot Suzaku to, the better. A-drei is ten times the man he is, and he's a space nazi.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-11-21, 18:00   Link #228
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Poor Saki , hopefully A-drei at least has some honor and treat her nice but going by the preview it probably isn't.
Old 2013-11-21, 18:26   Link #229
LightDragonman

What do you mean?

I thought that the preview showed someone else being hooked up to the machine.
Old 2013-11-21, 18:28   Link #230
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightDragonman View Post
What do you mean?

I thought that the preview showed someone else being hooked up to the machine.
I think it pretty obvious who in that beg
Old 2013-11-21, 18:35   Link #231
Kurohane

The sad thing is out of everyone, L-elf planned for the means for her to meet up with everyone, and that's it. During the battle, no one asked if she's made it or not. I get they were in a pinch, but at least someone could have mentioned it.

A-drei like L-elf at first with Haruto probably thinks she's a monster and shouldn't be treated as a human. He is dealing with something otherworldly. It's a common human reaction unfortunately. I wouldn't expect much care from him for a enemy and non-human.
Old 2013-11-21, 18:44   Link #232
LightDragonman

Makes me wonder if this'll cause Saki to be brainwashed, or at the very least, become the replacement to Liselotte or something in Dorssia.

I can just see Saki pulling a hallucinatory Lugo on Haruto (Spec Ops The Line reference).

Saki: "YOU LEFT ME TO DIE! YOU NEVER CARED ABOUT ME!! IT'S ALWAYS BEEN ALL ABOUT YOU!!!"
Old 2013-11-21, 18:50   Link #233
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

If it continuing like this, Saki will be the most memorable girl in Valvrave like Sunrise said. Being Saki is suffuring
Old 2013-11-21, 18:53   Link #234
LightDragonman

Who knows.

Either she's in a position like Lilith in Borderlands 2 (captured by the Big Bad and being drained of her energy, while calling out to the heroes), or she's being put through extreme and horrific torture ala Rorke and Logan in Call Of Duty Ghosts.

I just want her to survive.
Old 2013-11-21, 18:58   Link #235
Kurohane

Quote:
Makes me wonder if this'll cause Saki to be brainwashed, or at the very least, become the replacement to Liselotte or something in Dorssia.

I can just see Saki pulling a hallucinatory Lugo on Haruto (Spec Ops The Line reference).

Saki: "YOU LEFT ME TO DIE! YOU NEVER CARED ABOUT ME!! IT'S ALWAYS BEEN ALL ABOUT YOU!!!"
Nah, no brainwashing, coercing would probably be more fitting, or they use her as a lab rat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
If it continuing like this, Saki will be the most memorable girl in Valvrave like Sunrise said. Being Saki is suffuring
Sunrise said this? When?
Old 2013-11-21, 18:58   Link #236
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Who knows.

Either she's in a position like Lilith in Borderlands 2 (captured by the Big Bad and being drained of her energy, while calling out to the heroes), or she's being put through extreme and horrific torture ala Rorke and Logan in Call Of Duty Ghosts.

I just want her to survive.
Well she will survive, But I'm worried about how they will treat her.
Old 2013-11-21, 19:02   Link #237
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Nah, no brainwashing, coercing would probably be more fitting, or they use her as a lab rat.

Sunrise said this? When?
Somewhere around in the beginning -> mid S1 of Valvrave where the stuffs say Saki is their favorite female character or favorite character in general and also she will be the most memorable character. You can check in out but I can't remember which thread.
Old 2013-11-21, 19:06   Link #238
LightDragonman

Saki was also ranked the second most popular character in the show, behind L'Elf.

Since L'Elf got the most focus as of late, I have a feeling Saki will get a bet more time in the limelight now.

At the very least, we'll see the moment when Saki cries out to Haruto to save her, and he'll hopefully realize that leaving the girl who always had your back, was willing to shoulder your pain, and might even love you, was not a nice thing to do.
Old 2013-11-21, 19:09   Link #239
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
At the very least, we'll see the moment when Saki cries out to Haruto to save her, and he'll hopefully realize that leaving the girl who always had your back, was willing to shoulder your pain, and might even love you, was not a nice thing to do.
Not likely gonna happen. Haruto is too Shouko-centric for him to even process that sort of information.
First girl trope too strong as well.
Old 2013-11-21, 19:11   Link #240
LightDragonman

Screw Haruto in that case.

There are bigger things at stake than just your fricken desires Haruto!
Closed Thread

Tags
characters