AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Favorite Character Poll
Edward Elric 50 57.47%
Alphonse Elric 31 35.63%
Van Hohenheim 31 35.63%
Winry Rockbell 22 25.29%
Roy Mustang 54 62.07%
Riza Hawkeye 34 39.08%
Alex Louis Armstrong 23 26.44%
Olivier Mira Armstrong 24 27.59%
Izumi Curtis 13 14.94%
Ling Yao 31 35.63%
Ran Fan 14 16.09%
Mei Chan 18 20.69%
Scar 15 17.24%
Father 4 4.60%
Wrath/King Bradley 24 27.59%
Pride/Selim Bradley 10 11.49%
Greed 27 31.03%
Envy 14 16.09%
Solf J. Kimblee 22 25.29%
Other 10 11.49%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-09, 23:32   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Final FMA:B Favorite Character Poll

It's time for the FINAL Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Favourite Characters Poll! This poll is a multiple choice poll and while we won’t restrict you from voting for every character, please try to limit your choice to your top 3 or 4 picks if you can. If you like the entire cast equally, then so be it, but if you can narrow it down a bit, then that’s even better. If you like one character the most, then don’t feel the need to vote for anymore.

Please remember that once you make your vote you may not "come back" later to add or change your previous vote(s). So make sure you know all the characters you want to include in your vote before you click the "Vote Now" button.

And of course the vote is public, so your votes will be visible to all.

Thread Rules
  • No campaigning for votes.
    Any post with "Vote for…/Do not vote for..." verbiage will be deleted. Discuss why you do or don’t like characters without campaigning for votes.

• Do not insult or harass other members for their choices.
    Please remember: this is for fun. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It’s great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

Since not every character can have a spot, this poll consists basically of characters' relevance to the storyline and screen time over the entire series.

If you dont see your fave character please try the
FMA:B Favorite Character Poll - rd 1 and
FMA:B Favorite Character Poll - rd 2 thread.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-08-10, 08:06   Link #2
Haladflire65
*Artist

Yay! The poll's finally here!

... that was really hard. In the end, these were my votes (Sorry, Kimblee and Ed )

- Roy Mustang
- Riza Hawkeye
- Alphonse Elric
- Van Hohenheim
- Wrath
- Pride
Old 2010-08-10, 09:16   Link #3
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

All right, here we go. It's hard not to vote for everyone here.

1. Roy Mustang - first and foremost

The rest in any order:

2) Riza Hawkeye
3) Hohenheim
4) Ling Yao
5) Mei Chen
6) Alex Louis Armstrong
7) King Bradley
8) Scar

I managed to get it down to 8 and that's almost half the choices.
Old 2010-08-10, 10:23   Link #4
Captain_Monotanous

A damn fine cast of characters. Makes this a tough one.

I could only really narrow it down to 9 characters who I felt desrved special credit.

Both Ed and Al made the list for being both awesome and lovable heros that drove forward the narrative and rarely got dull. The same could not be said for most shonen heros.
Van Hohenheim for being Mr Enigma for half the series, and then still having the most heartwarming send out of all. Awesome man. Awesome Dad. Awesome Beard.
Mustang made the list too, though this is purely for the beatdown he gave Lust and Envy. Still annoyed that he never got to blow the lil worm to giblits at the end...
I couldnt not include Alex Armstrong. Hats off the the unrelenting comedy goldmine and true gentleman of the series.
Izumi is included to for being Izumi. More Romantic comedies should include bears.
Ling Yao/Greed holds a close place in my heart. He gave Wrath the some of the best fights in the whole show and had a kick ass oufit. Oh, and the Xing Symphony.
Finally and certainly not least, Wrath himself. If for nothing else then soaking up half the animation budget himself. However, he was also a monster combatant and picked up the whole episode whenever he showed up. When he casually walked up to his castle and declared he'd be taking it back? Awesome. Whats more awesome? He followed this up by taking out a whole battalion and a tank. Alone. With a Sword.

More stories need great characters like these

edit: Just thought. Not making the list, but cudos to the 4 chimaras for actually being interesting characters with some great diolouge. LionKing in particular for inspiring Al to crank it up to eleven with the philosophers stone.
Old 2010-08-10, 16:43   Link #5
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Could have easier picked 8 or 9 people on this, probably one of the hardest character polls out there. Ended up with...

Van Hohenheim - holy crap did he turn out to be awesome! I didnt vote for him in the other poll so I made sure I voted for him this time. I never would have guessed what an impact he would have on the series.

Roy Mustang - given

Ling - Miyano Mamoru did an amazing job as him, I love how he started out kinda as a little mooch but then came into his own with Greed and in the end fulfilled what he set out too.

Pride - just goes to show how scary little kids can be. I wish I hadnt been spoiled to who he was but he quickly eclipsed Envy as my fave Homunculus.

Kimblee - biased a bit since I loved him so much in the first series but I loved him even more in this one, I was shocked to see him help Ed take down Pride, truly a devil even though he helped Ed.

Voted Other for Hughes and Xiao Mei cuz I want a chibi!panda!

Honorable mentions who didnt quite make the cut: Greed - didnt turn out to be your normal homunculi, did he? Envy - little bastard Olivier - possibly one of the most gar females Ive seen, she could give most men a run for their money.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-08-10, 17:45   Link #6
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Here my vote :

1- Roy Mustang
2- Riza Hawkeyes
3- Olivier Mira Armstrong
4- Van Hohenheim
5- Ran Fan
6- King Bradley
Old 2010-08-10, 22:21   Link #7
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Edward Elric - Just #1 for some reason

Olivier Mira Armstrong - I gotta admit... Oh snap when I first saw her on the opening, and then "OH SNAP!!" when I saw her scary personality in the anime, defiantly one of the strongest leaders in the entire Military.

Roy Mustang - Who doesn't like Roy with his seemingly pwnage attitude and mad-skills?

Van Hohenheim - At first I din't know what to think of him, always thought he was some sort of coward. But when the story starting involving him more often, he became #4 of my top favorite characters with all the time he spent living and being lonely, and then getting revenge of the Homunculus in the Flask in the end was great especially with that counter he pulled off

King Bradley - Oh bloody snap... For an old man his swordsmanship is god-like, and he hacks way to much cutting up a tank with mere swords... Or are those swords very special with fortified alchemy or something?

Pride - Lordy, Pride took the spot of #1 most scariest/evil children in my list, eating up Gluttony like he was nothing when he was getting killed to much and weakening.

Kimblee - Even though he likes to blow things up and put up a Michael Jackson look (I may presume) he is defiantly a character worthy being loved.
Old 2010-08-12, 19:49   Link #8
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
too much awesome! D:

Thanks for opening the thread after all, White Manju Bun!

I'm in a dilemma ... giving them all a vote like they deserve would be stupid. But! D: But! T_T ....

Ah well I guess I'll narrow it down to my absolute favos - too many favorites there actually. Seriously ... they all are way too entertaining and interesting, with a lot of depth and complexity. And a lot of 'aww', too (even the villians jeez!).

1. Edward Elric - I mean ... how couldn't I? Handsome, hot tempered, intelligent, a heart of gold, all mighty and still has his fears and soft spots ... He's just Edward. I LOVE him - perfect hero / protagonist. That's what an Edward should be like, Cullen!
  2. Riza Hawkeye - I have an automatic affection for stoic types, guess that's why she beats Mustang despite his obvious sexyness. And she has guns!
  3. Roy Mustang - He's the one my fangirl heart belongs to <3 RAWR. He's Mustang, I don't have to say anything more I think
  4. Alphonse Elric - As much as I go rawr for Roy, as much I go aww for "ALPHONSE! T_T". I always wanna hug the guy. And he is SO strong and doesn't let things get him down. You are the man, Alphonse!
  5. Greed/Ling - (voted for both repectively) Again the fangirling. They are already awesome separately, but jee the combination was just the best idea ever.
I love all the others, too, but I wanted to limit myself with voting ... a little. 6 checked boxes already are too much actually

Really, there isn't really a character (specially when s/he has a major role) I don't love. I guess that's why I love this series overall so much - because of how its characters and the way they portrayed. Really rare for me.
Old 2010-08-14, 12:14   Link #9
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, I have to vote for Al, who really is the unsung hero of this series. I have a soft spot for the guys who suffer in relative silence and remain their good-nature while flashier ones grab the headlines and shout a lot. Hoenheim is a slam-dunk - what a tremendous character he turned out to be, probably the most complex in the story. And finally, Greed - just because he was the most layered and honest of the homonculi.
Old 2010-08-23, 01:25   Link #10
Grey

Kimblee: When I think "memorable FMA character", the name "Kimblee" comes to mind. I'm definitely biased by the manga though. He is, by traditional measures, amoral, but he has a code and sense of aesthetics that caused him to help and hinder both the protagonists and the antagonists. Also, I like his style and his amiable personality.

Bradley: Another character that catches my interest. He steadfastly worked for the homunculi, but he also seemed to gain a strange satisfaction when the humans rebelled and fought against them. That dissonance fascinated me, and I still wonder about his personality. Also: he has some awesome fights.

Hohenheim: I liked the FMA:B ending montage he was given. It somehow felt like the entire conflict of FMA was just the final part of Hohenheim's story. Like Hohenheim was in fact the main character of a larger story in the background, and FMA was the conclusion. This feeling, like he was the "hero" of a grander tale, drew my respect.
Old 2010-08-23, 12:56   Link #11
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Van Hohenheim
Roy Mustang
Riza Hawkeye
Solf J. Kimblee

For reasons i've given in past episode threads.
Old 2010-09-01, 18:30   Link #12
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
The Armstrong siblings, because... well, it's rare to encounter characters who are simultaneously both so awesome they blow my mind and so funny I smile every time they come on screen just in anticipation of what will happen next.

Edward because it's Edward. One of my favorite protagonists in any series, ever, for reasons other people have put much better than I could.

And King Bradley, because the villains deserved one too, and he was just so painfully cool from beginning to end.
Old 2010-09-10, 15:18   Link #13
Tomoya Okazaki
I hate this town

so awesome!!!
Old 2010-09-21, 23:12   Link #14
Janbustamante

Send a message via Yahoo to Janbustamante
I love this series. Better than the first one.

Here's my fave characters:

Edward Elric
Winry Rockbell
Roy Mustang
Olivier Mira Armstrong
Izumi Curtis
Ling Yao
Mei Cha
Pride/Selim Bradley
Greed
Old 2010-09-21, 23:45   Link #15
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

voted for:
  • Edward Elric
  • Alphonse Elric
  • Van Hohenheim
  • Winry Rockbell
  • Roy Mustang
  • Riza Hawkeye
  • Izumi Curtis
  • Ling Yao
  • Scar
  • Envy
Old 2010-09-22, 17:45   Link #16
kitten320

I had to cut my list a bit but here we go:

Edward - probably the only main character who didnt piss me off even once.

Roy - had his good moments and I still love how he got rampage on Envy.

Riza - used to be my favorite character in the series. Love her attitude.

Olivier - the current fave female in the series, she cracks me up. Especially her encounters with Alex.

Izumi - basicly the same Olivier but much stronger and meybe more easy going and fumnny

Ling - favorite male in the series. At first didn't like him much but later he won me over.

Wrath - probably the coolest and most dangerouse character out there! Glad to see that he is receiving a deserved love on this forum.

Pride - I like creepy characters.

Envy - can't really explain why... 1st series might be the reason.

Kimblee - didn't like him in first serise, but here he was potraid much better. Not a simple psycho bomber.

Lust - really sad that she got killed off so fast in this season
Old 2010-12-22, 18:42   Link #17
Amutox89
~ the odd one ~

1) Edward Elric
2) Roy Mustang
3) Alphonse Elric
4) Riza Hawkeye
5) Wrath
6) Ling Yao

after that, I have no particular order
Old 2011-04-22, 14:16   Link #18
Cari-san

I voted just for one char and that is Envy.
Old 2011-05-17, 04:16   Link #19
kamuinoyume
OMAE WO SHINJIRU!

1. Van Hohenheim - the only character in the whole series whose development I enjoyed more than in the original FMA. And he is awesome.

2. Edward Elric - Obligatory vote since out of all the anime I've seen he's my favorite male character, and the reason I endured Brotherhood till the end.

3. Roy Mustang - because he's still awesome, even with a sissy voice. (Damn that new voice actor!)

4. Izumi Curtis - Why couldn't I have an awesome teacher like her?!

5. Alphonse Elric - can you say adorable and cute? That's the reason I voted for him.

6. King Bradley - the most awesome Homunculus ever!

7. Olivier Mira Armstrong - I'm a feminist, so I like strong and assertive women like her.

8. Riza Hawkeye - she almost didn't make the list thanks to her sob story, but I still have a ton's worth of respect for this woman, so I couldn't not vote for her.
Old 2011-08-24, 15:07   Link #20
YuriEcchiGirl

Edward Elric gets my vote in the FMA Brotherhood's favourite character catagory