Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-15, 17:41   Link #1841
APastelPainting

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
You need to watch the last episode of the anime. You get ShikaTema and a looooooong debate about ramen between Naruto and Ayame the ramen girl.
True, but I felt like the debate between Naruto and Ayame hurts their relationship. If she's is going to insist on making testumai or whatever it is over ramen, there's no way Naruto would marry her.

I guess its all pointing to NaruSaku as canon, huh?
Old 2008-09-16, 05:32   Link #1842
Irondragon
Paladin

Agreed! But it would be better if NaruHina happen!!! Sakura should die a heroic death in the attack of Pain!
Old 2008-09-16, 14:46   Link #1843
Theowne
耳をすませば

If Naruto is paired with Sakura, Hinata has to die sometime in the story before this happens.

It's simply too cruel to have Naruto paired with Sakura while Hinata watches from the sidelines.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2008-09-16, 15:53   Link #1844
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irondragon View Post
Agreed! But it would be better if NaruHina happen!!! Sakura should die a heroic death in the attack of Pain!
I wouldn't mind Sakura dying for the sake of fandom... lol
Old 2008-09-16, 16:15   Link #1845
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
If Naruto is paired with Sakura, Hinata has to die sometime in the story before this happens.

It's simply too cruel to have Naruto paired with Sakura while Hinata watches from the sidelines.
I dunno, I think of Hinata's crush on Naruto as being the same as Sakura's crush on Sasuke.
Old 2008-09-16, 16:52   Link #1846
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
I dunno, I think of Hinata's crush on Naruto as being the same as Sakura's crush on Sasuke.
(Sakura is described as officially being "in love" with Sasuke, so I assume you are saying that Hinata is in love with Naruto)

It has always been ambiguous as to wether or not Hinata actually loves Naruto. Due to her shy nature she has made no true outward show of affection for Naruto, or at least nothing that does not also come across as simple friendship. She certainly idolizes Naruto, but I do not know if you can really say that she "loves" him, it is kind of hard to love someone if you have only spoken to them 2 or 3 times in your life, generally love is a product of years of affection and camaraderie between two individuals, not just one person watching another from afar.
Old 2008-09-16, 19:57   Link #1847
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Sakura and Sasuke is slightly akin to that of Orihime and Ichigo in that both were completely platonic, and both girls never got to deeply know the object of their affection.
Old 2008-09-16, 21:22   Link #1848
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah View Post
Since romance is not a theme in this anime (except for Sakura's crying and ...) it's not very likely that they'd suddenly start with it now, although you never know.
well after hundreds and hundreds of episodes and basically watching naruto grow up from a useless boy to a so-so teenager i get the feeling that we wont be missing anything from his life, included romance. After all he is in that age...
Old 2008-09-16, 21:29   Link #1849
MikoKikyo

Yeah... also, the shika/tema romance cues, though subtle, were beautifully done. Also, for a show that is primarily about fighting and not romance, interesting that the most active threads seem to be romance-related. I think that's partly because there is romance material in naruto here and there, though nuanced.
Old 2008-09-17, 14:45   Link #1850
farren8
Ninja

Quote:

true....unless naruto has crazy game and gets both....at the same time
Old 2008-09-17, 15:03   Link #1851
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by farren8 View Post
true....unless naruto has crazy game and gets both....at the same time
That's what Kage Bushins are for, after all .
Old 2008-09-17, 20:48   Link #1852
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That's what Kage Bushins are for, after all .
nah.. naruto's clones are weak and go poof

Btw i dont think Hinata deserves Naruto just because she always find time to stalk him when he is in town.... What Sakura and Naruto had to experience and go though cant even be compared. If anyone has the right to be besides him is Sakura and no one else.

I personally hope to see the day when those 3 are together and Sakura staying at Naruto's side.

Spoiler for Read at your own risk xD:
Old 2008-09-18, 09:05   Link #1853
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
(Sakura is described as officially being "in love" with Sasuke, so I assume you are saying that Hinata is in love with Naruto)

It has always been ambiguous as to wether or not Hinata actually loves Naruto. Due to her shy nature she has made no true outward show of affection for Naruto, or at least nothing that does not also come across as simple friendship. She certainly idolizes Naruto, but I do not know if you can really say that she "loves" him, it is kind of hard to love someone if you have only spoken to them 2 or 3 times in your life, generally love is a product of years of affection and camaraderie between two individuals, not just one person watching another from afar.
If by "love" you mean that cute, innocent, teenage puppy love, then yes. Sakura loves sasuke the same way that 12year old girls love the Jonas Brothers or that horrible book series that shall not be mentioned.....
Hinata has the same kind of affection for Naruto. She believes that he is perfect, and can do no wrong. Five minutes with him, as he really is, would break her crush in no time flat.
Old 2008-09-18, 16:13   Link #1854
Langus
Optimus Prime

incube: Whatever gives you THAT idea? (re: your spoiler) If ANYONE is ambiguous it's HIM of all people. Though I do agree with you re Sakura and Hinata. There was a scene in the last eps with Sakura staring at the picture of their old team and she was thinking about Naruto, not Sasuke. I think that might have been the moment when she realized for herself that as far as truly caring for someone else goes, Naruto has worked a special place into her heart. Sasuke will always be her first love, but the enduring and selfless nature of Naruto's affections for her has finally won her over (IMO).

Hinata, don't get me wrong, is a nice girl - but she's as boring as toast. How the hell are they supposed to form any kind of relationship when she can't even talk to him without fainting? Hinata is one of those girls who will come back in 10 years after she's had some life experience, be hot as all hell, and knock him dead with one coy smile.

OR: I couldn't agree with you more. *thumbs up*
Old 2008-09-18, 16:29   Link #1855
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
If by "love" you mean that cute, innocent, teenage puppy love, then yes. Sakura loves sasuke the same way that 12year old girls love the Jonas Brothers or that horrible book series that shall not be mentioned.....
Hinata has the same kind of affection for Naruto. She believes that he is perfect, and can do no wrong. Five minutes with him, as he really is, would break her crush in no time flat.
Well, Sakura did spend more than 5 minutes with Sasuke. She fought beside him, bled with him, defended him, and even tried to prevent him from leaving. So, I would say her feelings for Sasuke are a little more complex than Hinata's simplistic crush which has no real basis in reality, and is composed of idolization, rather than any sense of actual love.

Sakura may or may not have deeper affections for Naruto, there is some evidience that she does, but much evidience that she only cares for him as a friend (added to that, he has actually lost his crush for her, so I seriously doubt the relationship will come about), but until she can solve whatever exists between herself and Sasuke, there will be no developing a deeper relationship with Naruto.
Old 2008-09-18, 20:11   Link #1856
APastelPainting

Quote:
Well, Sakura did spend more than 5 minutes with Sasuke. She fought beside him, bled with him, defended him, and even tried to prevent him from leaving. So, I would say her feelings for Sasuke are a little more complex than Hinata's simplistic crush which has no real basis in reality, and is composed of idolization, rather than any sense of actual love.

Sakura may or may not have deeper affections for Naruto, there is some evidience that she does, but much evidience that she only cares for him as a friend (added to that, he has actually lost his crush for her, so I seriously doubt the relationship will come about), but until she can solve whatever exists between herself and Sasuke, there will be no developing a deeper relationship with Naruto.
What's the proof that he's lost his crush for her?
Old 2008-09-18, 20:18   Link #1857
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by APastelPainting View Post
What's the proof that he's lost his crush for her?
Besides his general attitude toward her (i.e. I see it as being no different than his attitude toward Gaara or many other characters he has some emotional connection with), I am talking about something from the recent data book that confirms that Sakura's and Naruto's relationship has not changed, and from Naruto's end, has lessened. True, the data books will "hide" important future details on occasion, but from what we know right now, Naruto does not have his crush for Sakura anymore.
Old 2008-09-19, 08:22   Link #1858
Julao

Quote:
Besides his general attitude toward her (i.e. I see it as being no different than his attitude toward Gaara or many other characters he has some emotional connection with), I am talking about something from the recent data book that confirms that Sakura's and Naruto's relationship has not changed, and from Naruto's end, has lessened. True, the data books will "hide" important future details on occasion, but from what we know right now, Naruto does not have his crush for Sakura anymore.
Just because Naruto has stopped pursuing Sakura like he usually does before doesn't mean that he does not love her anymore. If you need me to tell you, Naruto's "crush" is much more serious than you think. The thing your missing is that Naruto has shown the traits of real love during his time spent with Sakura. Of course his crush isn't going to be as obvious, and he isn't going to pester her with it as much as before, but it's definitely still there...and has in fact been the most focused on feelings for someone in part 2...maybe apart from

Spoiler:

so you can't say they've gone into the background while not saying the same for Sakura to Sasuke, at the very least.

But it's obvious he still has those feelings, whether it's from blushing at seeing her for the first time in three years (Sakura had a nice little blush in response), having a weird face on when she 'wtfpwned' the ground (you seen him give that face to anyone else?), blushing and admiring her skills silently as she healed Kankuro, or, concerning chapter 343:

Spoiler:

She's the only one called '*name*-chan, besides from Tsunade, which is baachan and most definitely not the same thing, amirite?

Off that now...

Yes, both are focused on saving Sasuke, and that does not necessarily mean they'll fall in love or Sakura will requite Naruto or whatever...

But on the other hand, it doesn't mean they won't. You can't control who you fall in love with, from what I've seen. Besides, what exactly would be wrong with Sakura falling for Naruto? He's been nothing but good to her, albeit a little annoying. Take Hinata and Sasuke out of the equation when you consider this.

Quote:
A common goal is a good thing at bringing people closer...

And it's brought Naruto and Sakura a lot closer.
As for databooks i'll say it again:

The Databook has been proven to situational crap that loses it's meaning as time passes, and it doesn't only pertain to "romance".

The databook has to keep in line with the confirmed canon, which means it can't spoil any heavy stuff or there would be no point in reading the manga.

Last edited by Julao; 2008-09-19 at 09:26.
Old 2008-09-20, 21:53   Link #1859
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

That is cruel.. but i would like hinata to think about kiba and her. Naruto and Sakura is going to happen the way it is.

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2008-09-22, 09:24   Link #1860
ukitakegirl

I think I will be happy for Naruto and Sakura to be like Jiraya and Tsunade..like NOT ending up together.

I think Naruto should end up with someone who possibly deserves him more like Hinata.
Closed Thread