AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-03-27, 00:21   Link #181
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Bleh, why isn't Pain jumping out of the way? He has enough time to chant, yet somehow can't just jump away like a normal ninja would. You think he'd use his technique conservatively when the enemy already knows it's weakness.

I'm guessing Nagato just abandons Yahiko/God Pain's body next chapter.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 00:35   Link #182
SeanQ

Not much of a wind shuriken vs shinra tensei battle...
________
HotDemmi

Last edited by SeanQ; 2011-04-24 at 13:42.
SeanQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 01:18   Link #183
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Wow...just wow. How awesome was Naruto this chapter Naruto and Pain have really good chemistry on the battlefield, and I was impressed with how Naruto was able to discover Nagato's whereabouts by using the distortion pike against him.
Old 2009-03-27, 01:24   Link #184
Thrillhouse

Naruto is about to make a Rinnegan friend, $10 is my bet. If Nagato doesn't die from injury.
Thrillhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 01:38   Link #185
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
i hope nagato dies from over excerting himself. that way he can be forgiven by naruto and the villagers won't have to be mad at naruto for sparing the his life.

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 01:57   Link #186
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillhouse View Post
Naruto is about to make a Rinnegan friend, $10 is my bet. If Nagato doesn't die from injury.
I doubt he'll befriend the guy who killed about 3 of his teachers and villagers. As a matter in fact, I feel that Tobi will show up and finish him off if Naruto doesn't.
Old 2009-03-27, 02:45   Link #187
Irondragon
Paladin

Hinata Lives For Sure!!! Good chapter liked it !
Irondragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 02:52   Link #188
Apollian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleluia_Cone View Post
I'm hoping the next chapter will be epic, because, honestly, to this point, Pain has been somewhat underwhelming. Maybe I'm wrong about this, but Itachi seemed clearly superior to what we have seen from Pain so far. While his moves have been effective, they seem more gimmicky than anything, and the whole deal with the five second limitation is a little disappointing. Moreover, not in a thousand years could I ever imagine Itachi being fooled by Naruto as much as Pain has been in this fight. And nothing Pain has done has equaled Susanoo, although, if it were to happen, it would be in the next chapter.

the difference is, this is a totally new and different version of Naruto that Sasuke or Itachi has never fought!....so we really don't know how they'd deal with SAGE MODE.

here's my 2 cents, Itachi knew Jiraiya had a sage mode, he even said that he could not win a fight against him if they had to face each other. and Naruto's mode is stronger than Jiraiyas. so what does that tell us? that maybe Itachi wouldn't be able to handle Naruto in this form too.
Apollian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 02:54   Link #189
Alchemist007
*Author

Well there is hax eyes but who knows. I wonder what would happen if he tried to hax eyes on Kyuubi? Probably how you control it.
Old 2009-03-27, 04:01   Link #190
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I want to see Naruto show up and pimp smack Konan the barbarian out of the way when she charges at him with her paper powers.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 04:05   Link #191
james0246

^
Naruto: Here's some Toad Oil, Bitch. <soaks Konan in Toad Oil, rendering her useless> Now go sit in the corner while the Grown-Ups talk.

(It's so sad, but I actually expect this scenario to play out as I just parodied, only without the cussing...)
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 04:06   Link #192
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^
Naruto: Here's some Toad Oil, Bitch. <soaks Konan in Toad Oil, rendering her useless> Now go sit in the corner while the Grown-Ups talk.

(It's so sad, but I actually expect this scenario to play out as I just parodied, only without the cussing...)
Soggy paper?! Oh NOES!!
Old 2009-03-27, 04:07   Link #193
Alchemist007
*Author

An oily Konan...mmm
Old 2009-03-27, 04:08   Link #194
nutype
Future MD

this whole thing where naruto figures out where nagato is by stabbing himself....isnt this a Deux ex machina?

Or is it bad writing?
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 04:10   Link #195
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutype View Post
this whole thing where naruto figures out where nagato is by stabbing himself....isnt this a Deux ex machina?

Or is it bad writing?
Apparently you haven't been paying attention.

The rods are chakra receptors, meaning the chakra is being transmitted from somewhere. How Naruto actually figured out how to use that to his advantage is kinda out of the blue though. But the theory behind it is solid enough to believe.
Old 2009-03-27, 04:14   Link #196
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
An oily Konan...mmm
Well, if Kishimoto keeps the trend of Akatsuki members losing their cloaks before losing their battle, then we will get to see an 'Oily' Konan without her conceiling cloak. Happy days lie ahead...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 04:15   Link #197
nutype
Future MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Apparently you haven't been paying attention.

The rods are chakra receptors, meaning the chakra is being transmitted from somewhere. How Naruto actually figured out how to use that to his advantage is kinda out of the blue though. But the theory behind it is solid enough to believe.
it seems you dont know what a deux ex machina is.

It's somthing unexpected/unexplained that resolves a conflict in the plot.

unexpected/unexplained: how is naruto able to figure out where nagato is by stabbing himself? Normally what happens is nagato's eyes appear behind the person getting stabbed. How does naruto even know he can do this??

resolves a conflict: obviously we dont know where nagato is hiding. This unexplained trick resolves it.
Old 2009-03-27, 04:18   Link #198
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

What happened isn't a Deus Ex Machina, it was just an unexplained action and it didn't resolve the conflict at hand.
Old 2009-03-27, 04:19   Link #199
nutype
Future MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
What happened isn't a Deus Ex Machina, it was just an unexplained action and it didn't resolve the conflict at hand.
the conflict is that Naruto et al. cant figure out where Nagato's real body is. This gets resolved.
Old 2009-03-27, 04:25   Link #200
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutype View Post
the conflict is that Naruto et al. cant figure out where Nagato's real body is. This gets resolved.
/facepalm

I'll give you a better situation of how to point out a Deus Ex.

Omg its the end of the world. Random godlike being comes out of no where and saves the day and says something cheesy and disappears.

Even though its exaggerated, thats what a Deus Ex Machina is more akin too.

Naruto never conflicted over the location of Nagato's location, he asked a question, didnt get an answer and he did something all in 2 pages. Kishimoto just wanted to keep showing off Naruto's hack skills. When he could've easily made one of the other Shinobi's who were trying to track Nagato down give the location. As I recall someone said they found out his location already.