AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Mahouka

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 5 9.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 26.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 19.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 11.54%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.92%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.92%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-05-30, 08:17   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Mahouka - Episode 9 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mahouka, Episode 9.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2014-05-31, 12:21   Link #2
pampz21
ShipCore

Spoiler for ...:

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2014-05-31, 12:57   Link #3
The Green One

They haven't even made it to the tournament yet and the proverbial excrement already seems to be hitting the fan.
Old 2014-05-31, 13:30   Link #4
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

is it just me or does the ending of the episode seem to lack a climatic ending? to rushed as well, the episode that is.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2014-05-31, 14:08   Link #5
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
is it just me or does the ending of the episode seem to lack a climatic ending? to rushed as well, the episode that is.
I felt that too, but I thought it was the ending song overlapping with the action.
Old 2014-05-31, 14:28   Link #6
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Lol you really gotta hand it to them, they manage to make this show worse every time. It takes a special kind of talent.

This week we are treated to the 0,001% of the worlds population who do not adore our lord and saviour.
A weird elven butler and some of Lord Tatsuya's family. Can't say I blame the man, but of course he is shown as entirely unlikeable and awful.
But not to worry, the remaining 20 minutes are dedicated in their entirety to the worship of your holiness. We even get introduced to an entire lab of adoring servants with Miyuki pretty much drooling in a corner with a vacant expression the entire episode. It's just the best to hear everyone and their mother praise oniisama! Even a cup of tea is about oniisama. Who comes up with this?

Finally, in what has to be the most gripping cliffhanger of the season so far, a car flips over.

If nothing else, this show is definitely funny- unintentionally I'm sure, but funny.
Old 2014-05-31, 14:50   Link #7
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
Lol you really gotta hand it to them, they manage to make this show worse every time. It takes a special kind of talent.

This week we are treated to the 0,001% of the worlds population who do not adore our lord and saviour.
A weird elven butler and some of Lord Tatsuya's family. Can't say I blame the man, but of course he is shown as entirely unlikeable and awful.
But not to worry, the remaining 20 minutes are dedicated in their entirety to the worship of your holiness. We even get introduced to an entire lab of adoring servants with Miyuki pretty much drooling in a corner with a vacant expression the entire episode. It's just the best to hear everyone and their mother praise oniisama! Even a cup of tea is about oniisama. Who comes up with this?

Finally, in what has to be the most gripping cliffhanger of the season so far, a car flips over.

If nothing else, this show is definitely funny- unintentionally I'm sure, but funny.
not that I don't see what Your saying... but you'd understand better if you read the Light Novel and see where we are coming from.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2014-05-31, 14:53   Link #8
IceHism

This episode was good. They didn't skip too many scenes and they got all the important parts from the dialogue. Except they didn't put miyuki sobbing on Tatsuya's chest in FLT lab
The fun scenes got the appropriate tone and the expressions are subtle but good.
Yes, showing more of Mayumi's teasing personality. I hope she gets more time since they kind of shafted her in enrollment.

Kanon doesn't look so bad with purple hair.

I feel like the mood on the bus wasn't executed quite as well but it's a bus. Not much else they could do. Also, no guys trying to hit on miyuki
They've been shafting her entourage this whole show so far.

Looks like next episode, it is gonna open up with an explanation of why using so many magic sequences at once is a bad thing.
Old 2014-05-31, 14:59   Link #9
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Okay... at this point I would not at all be surprised if someone calls him a Japanese Jesus and no one around him bats an eyelash.
Old 2014-05-31, 14:59   Link #10
Miraluka
Banned

Dat Quality. Dem hands .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
not that I don't see what Your saying... but you'd understand better if you read the Light Novel and see where we are coming from.
I did long algo, still funny .
Old 2014-05-31, 15:01   Link #11
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
This episode was good. They didn't skip too many scenes and they got all the important parts from the dialogue. Except they didn't put miyuki sobbing on Tatsuya's chest in FLT lab
The fun scenes got the appropriate tone and the expressions are subtle but good.
Yes, showing more of Mayumi's teasing personality. I hope she gets more time since they kind of shafted her in enrollment.

Kanon doesn't look so bad with purple hair.

I feel like the mood on the bus wasn't executed quite as well but it's a bus. Not much else they could do. Also, no guys trying to hit on miyuki
They've been shafting her entourage this whole show so far.

Looks like next episode, it is gonna open up with an explanation of why using so many magic sequences at once is a bad thing.
I'm glad we can agree on some of these things, Mayumi for sure, My thought's with Kanon is yeah she looked better in this episode than the last one, but the hair color is still a hurdle for me to get over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Dat Quality. Dem hands .

I did long algo, still funny .
Good, I'm glad you've read the series.

Old 2014-05-31, 15:03   Link #12
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post

I've really got to ask at this point. Why are you still here? If the idea of having a competent and well liked protagonist is that insufferable to you then there's plenty of series out there with a self insert "this loser is you" protagonist who's utter incompetence still manages to get them fame, fortune, or a harem even if it just has to literally fall out of the sky. Or are your complaints becoming a parody at this point?

Last edited by The Green One; 2014-05-31 at 15:26.
Old 2014-05-31, 15:09   Link #13
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
I've really got to ask at this point. Why are you still here? If the idea of having a competent and well like protagonist is that insufferable to you then there's plenty of series out there with a self insert "this loser is you" protagonist who's utter incompetence still manages to get them fame, fortune, or a harem even if it just has to literally fall out of the sky. Or are your complaints becoming a parody at this point?
The whole series establishes Tatsuya and Miyuki as amazing in the subject of magic since day 1 and i'm surprised people still care about that.

I think they should put more world building about the Ten Master Clans and the society of magicians in the plot. They're suppose to be a big picture in the plot.
Old 2014-05-31, 15:15   Link #14
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Takuya should've said: "You sure do have a lot of opinion's for a glorified ass wiper" to that butler.

Anyway, I wonder who Miyuki's mother is. It's pretty obvious they're half-siblings considering they were born in the same year but only a couple months apart.

I hope they don't pawn off our meganekko, I'd be totally peeved if that's what's going to happen >.<
Old 2014-05-31, 15:15   Link #15
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
The whole series establishes Tatsuya and Miyuki as amazing in the subject of magic since day 1 and i'm surprised people still care about that.

I think they should put more world building about the Ten Master Clans and the society of magicians in the plot. They're suppose to be a big picture in the plot.
So more Of the Saegusa, not a bad idea! lol, I agree with the world building but we have to remember this is a series called The Irregular at Magic High School (not that really matters lol). But this is going into later LN territory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Takuya should've said: "You sure do have a lot of opinion's for a glorified ass wiper" to that butler.

Anyway, I wonder who Miyuki's mother is. It's pretty obvious they're half-siblings considering they were born in the same year but only a couple months apart.

I hope they don't pawn off our meganekko, I'd be totally peeved if that's what's going to happen >.<
....no, they're 11 months apart.

Old 2014-05-31, 15:16   Link #16
Ickarium

Definitely there could be more world-building there. I agree with Green, however, in that it seems there's a few people who only watch the show in order to drop into an episode thread and tell the peons how much the show sucks and they should be ashamed for daring to like it.

Gets tiring sometimes to the point where I mostly discuss the show elsewhere nowadays.

Moving on, I personally don't mind Kanon. Appearance changes rarely bother me. I really do like Kei, though. He's fun and friendly. Also thought they captured Miki's weird behavior well, and loved Tatsuya's tease/dig to both of them.

And yeah, they're 11 months apart. He was born in April (April 24th, apparently) and his sister was born in March of the next year.
Old 2014-05-31, 15:17   Link #17
sikvod00

Um, I don't think the problem is that some people dislike a competent and well-liked male lead. And if the only type of MC we can have is between the extremes of Tatsuya and a typical loser MC, then I'm officially done with anime. I also don't enjoy users who continually rag on a show they have no intention of ever liking, but that doesn't mean we get to build strawmen out of their complaints (or presume to know what they really like).
Old 2014-05-31, 15:19   Link #18
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
Um, I don't think the problem is that some people dislike a competent and well-liked male lead. And if the only kind of MC we can have in a show is between the extremes of Tatsuya and a typical loser MC, then I'm officially done with anime. I also don't enjoy users who continually rag on a show they have no intention of ever liking, but that doesn't mean we get to build strawmen around their complaints.
Extremes like Tatsuya aren't common IMO.

Most protagonists from what i watch are in the middle tbh.
Old 2014-05-31, 15:20   Link #19
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
Um, I don't think the problem is that some people dislike a competent and well-liked male lead. And if the only kind of MC we can have in a show is between the extremes of Tatsuya and a typical loser MC, then I'm officially done with anime. I also don't enjoy users who continually rag on a show they have no intention of ever liking, but that doesn't mean we get to build strawmen around their complaints.
Talking about me or one of? Just because I'm criticizing the animators work doesn't mean I have no intention of ever liking. I very much hope your not assuming which makes an ass out of yourself.

Old 2014-05-31, 15:21   Link #20
sikvod00

Quote:
Extremes like Tatsuya aren't common IMO.

Most protagonists from what i watch are in the middle tbh.
Right. So it's a false choice to claim that someone who dislikes Tatsuya does so because they dislike competent leads and only enjoy self-insert losers. My post was directed at The_Green_One.
Closed Thread