AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-01-04, 10:37   Link #2061
azziz

me,too,i'm very exited;can't wait to see how kinji will fare against a royal butei.
As fo the principal,i hope it's a stratagem to make him give up changing school-tough why reki had to be involved,even if she's the only one to have said she would follow him?-that fool has one of the most beautiful harem in light novel history and he want to give up on it...
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 12:29   Link #2062
Athena
The Power of One

Flere, you'll give us a summary? Nice!
Old 2012-01-04, 21:02   Link #2063
Athena
The Power of One

OK, I'm off to rant.

Spoiler for V11-Rant:

Now, rant aside...(was actually half-serious, BTW.)
Spoiler for V11:

BTW, I feel like that it would be funnier to have the epilogue translated rather than summarized. It's pretty short anyway.
Old 2012-01-05, 00:41   Link #2064
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
BTW, I feel like that it would be funnier to have the epilogue translated rather than summarized. It's pretty short anyway.
*shrug* I'm just doing the summary. I don't have time to do translating anymore ^.^;

I've got the 1st chapter done and about half of 2nd one done, you guys want one at a time or the whole volume at once?

(NOTE: I have referred G III as 'G IV' throughout my last summary, I apologize for that. G IV refers to Kaname and G III is the 'boss'. I misremembered the codenames >.<)
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 00:53   Link #2065
tsunade666

whole volume. And take your time because I'm also busy with my design and it's a good thing because it will caught my attention and read it instead of start working
Old 2012-01-05, 04:59   Link #2066
azziz

me,too,the whole volume please
Old 2012-01-05, 05:53   Link #2067
tsunade666

Quote:
Aria, who had stuck her hand inside the box with a force which could have broken Fuuma's arm joints, had gotten what for her second lot?
Opening in slow motion, on the paper which Aria's tiny hands were holding...
On the paper...
"Elementary School Student"
Was there.
Ele.
Elementary School Student!
from the latest translation.

LOL quit fitting..... runs while dodging bullets
Old 2012-01-05, 07:13   Link #2068
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
that fool has one of the most beautiful harem in light novel history and he want to give up on it...
Kinji, you bastard!

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 07:14   Link #2069
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy.Tear View Post
Kinji, you bastard!
I've seen too much Infinite Stratos to be bothered by that.
Old 2012-01-05, 10:15   Link #2070
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
*shrug* I'm just doing the summary. I don't have time to do translating anymore ^.^;
Was half-joking anyways, since I'm not in good position to tell you that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
I've seen too much Infinite Stratos to be bothered by that.
Yeah. IS is pretty much in his own category lol

That aside, who wants the five last lines of Go For the Next? There isn't anything that spoils the volume, but gives you a dying (as always) need to read the next volume.

EDIT: As a second thought, I'll leave that to Flere.
Old 2012-01-05, 14:23   Link #2071
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I'm just wondering.
If GIII is a royal butei, one of seven in the world. Then shouldn't the USA hire the other six to kill him? How come he's alive anyway. And how come the veteran of Grenada like Vlad already defeated in vol. 3 easily.
How strong are the masters in the school btw, I think Kinji and Aria are already freakin awesome but they're still students, masters are supposed to be much stronger like (but Kinji defeated a few of them without breaking a sweat in HSS mode during entrance exam) but some are said to be extremely strong, but could they be stronger than those in IU?
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 15:38   Link #2072
tsunade666

it depends really. Kinji in HSS mode is an S rank butei and also Aria. There are only about hundreds of S rank butei. That alone is an achievement and means how strong they are. The masters are probably S rank too. And in strength probably at the same strength as IU or stronger. Well it depends on their class.
Old 2012-01-05, 18:59   Link #2073
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I'm just wondering.
If GIII is a royal butei, one of seven in the world. Then shouldn't the USA hire the other six to kill him? How come he's alive anyway. And how come the veteran of Grenada like Vlad already defeated in vol. 3 easily.
How strong are the masters in the school btw, I think Kinji and Aria are already freakin awesome but they're still students, masters are supposed to be much stronger like (but Kinji defeated a few of them without breaking a sweat in HSS mode during entrance exam) but some are said to be extremely strong, but could they be stronger than those in IU?
If I remember well, some things could be explained in this volume. For the masters, considering there not a lot if Butei schools, they should be reasonably strong.
Old 2012-01-05, 19:20   Link #2074
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I hope the masters aren't part of another Butei Rank. They already ruined it with the introduction of the Royal Butei Class.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 22:26   Link #2075
Flere821
Lurker

Whole volume? Okay, but I'll warn you guys this might take another 3-4 days at least. Something came up IRL...

@Kira: feel free to translate the last 5 lines or so, it'll keep others distracted for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I'm just wondering.
1) Royal Buteis tend to be under hire by various other governments, and probably out of US control. Or deemed too risky since if they join G III anyone against him is probably frakked. G III does have a reputation of having ridiculously high charisma
that had people follow him even if they used to be his enemies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I hope the masters aren't part of another Butei Rank. They already ruined it with the introduction of the Royal Butei Class.
Nah, the teachers tend to be A rank. The Assault teacher is 19 and a ex-student of Butei High, and has ridiculous physical strength (and skill). Another of their teachers is among the top 5 interrogaters in Japan.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 00:31   Link #2076
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Nah, the teachers tend to be A rank.
How...
Conclusion: the Butei Ranking system is stupid.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2012-01-06, 00:43   Link #2077
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
How...
Maybe the S-rank guys are busy doing other stuff?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 04:36   Link #2078
azziz

Quote:
How...
i don't think so,are your high-school physic teacher suposed to be able to win nobel prize or just competent enough to do scientific vulgarisation?
A-level rank for them is more than enough;if they were suposed to be S level,10000 S butei-considering no all of them can/want to be teacher-would no enough for all high school in the world.
And for those who ask if IE=Master,it's like to ask if Enstein was comparable to your average univesity professor...
the same go for choutei,master only need to know the theorie behind supernatural phenomon and perhaps riko-level(or above)of ability to teach:like jeanne said in vol.2,shirayuki-heir of a two thousend year old family of abilty user-level of power is extremly rare(don't remember the exact quote,but less than ten in the whole world)to the point she could challenge cleopatra-said to be the "strongest witch" and jeanne herself come close.
in HnA universe,you need to be descendant to some legendary historical figure-like gengi khan etc...-or inhuman-like the vampire or tamamo-to be IU level and part of the world strongest.
As for royal butei,we all knew that sherlock holmes,able to copy all of his subordinate power-was more,much more than a mere S level.
The question is,was it something only he could do(if so,why?),or can other organisation leader do the same?
you see where i am coming,right?Could kinji,as team baskerville leader, become able to copy his four(five including watson)partner ability?
we all agree he seriously need a power up and that woul be overkill.
Old 2012-01-06, 07:02   Link #2079
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
are your high-school physic teacher suposed to be able to win nobel prize or just competent enough to do scientific vulgarisation?
Of course not. However, the denotation of Class S assumes that S is the highest level for a Butei... and this does NOT include Armed Prosecutors (not sure of the term). I never liked how the author, instead of playing with the rankings, introduced much higher rankings like that Rank R Butei which I can't help but compare with the Seven Level 5s of Toaru Majutsu no Index.

Choutei and Ancestries further destroy this classification system; I'm sure Choutei are not ranked according to the same standards as Butei, and Ancestries can allow characters which are much powerful than what their rank suggests. What happens to the Rank B, C, D and E Butei? I know that there are named lower-ranked Butei, but where are they? Kinji and Team Baskerville are still the ones fighting, while we haven't even heard of the other Butei classes.

Anyway, this is probably me expecting Hidan no Aria to remain down-to-earth like Toaru Majutsu no Index instead of dwelling too much on fantasy.

Old 2012-01-06, 09:58   Link #2080
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
To quote Kinji in this volume...
Spoiler for V11:

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen