AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2016-11-08, 18:42   Link #81
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

So what you're saying is that I should be using my phone while I'm driving, and I'll develop magic powers?

Seriously though, I loved the movie. It's most probably because I'm more of a wizard/magic guy, so everything in this movie is right up my alley. The plot itself isn't very memorable (I personally think Ant Man save the Deus Ex Machina end being the best superhero plot), but the movie being a cross between straight up DnD magic and Avatar spellcasting is a big hit in my books.

I like Mordo as well. He wants everything to follow the natural order, and what are the most unnatural beings in the world? Yep, sorcerers. So while that kali-whatever guy is pretty bland for a villain, I like Mordo's thinking why he's opposing Strange.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-08, 18:51   Link #82
GDB

Really enjoyed the movie. I put it up there among Thor and Ant-Man in my personal rankings.

I do agree that most of his comic book enemies are pretty meh. Hard to have interesting villains for a movie when you generally spend your time fighting uber powerful demons and the like.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-08, 21:38   Link #83
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, using Mordo like they did here seems like the best bet. For an origin movie the focus is going to mostly be on the hero. That's the person we need to learn the most about and see grow. So alongside strange you also develop Mordo so he can take off as the main villain in a future film.

And Dormammu is very much still a factor. He's not gone, only made to back off for now. Going to be hard to play that card again after Thanos comes for the time stone. Plenty of time to make good use of him again later too.
Old 2016-11-09, 01:28   Link #84
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
So what you're saying is that I should be using my phone while I'm driving, and I'll develop magic powers?
You need to be a super surgeon with the surname of Strange and get your hand handicapped in the accident.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-09, 05:16   Link #85
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
You need to be a super surgeon with the surname of Strange and get your hand handicapped in the accident.
Getting super powers seems a risky venture . Either you gain powers from jumping in toxic waste, getting bitten by radioactive creatures, and getting into car accidents....or well not.
Old 2016-11-09, 06:46   Link #86
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Getting super powers seems a risky venture . Either you gain powers from jumping in toxic waste, getting bitten by radioactive creatures, and getting into car accidents....or well not.
That's why we don't see superheroes in this world. People die before transforming into 1.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-09, 09:31   Link #87
GDB

The real issue for why we don't see real life superheroes is that people don't pass the first step: the name. That's right, your name determines if you have even a single iota of potential to be a superhero!

Does your first/last name combination contain either two first names or alliteration? If so, congrats! You cleared the first test. If not, I'm sorry but you cannot be a superhero.
Old 2016-11-09, 09:35   Link #88
Sixth
Hu Tao

Dr Strange is the closer live-action movie for Naruto for me.

Cool walking stance, mixture of taijutsu and magic fight, and climbing.

I think this movie a lot better than Antman and Guardian of Galaxy, at least at entertaining side.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-09, 21:15   Link #89
zztop

Japan's Weekly Shonen Magazine issue 52 will be publishing a oneshot Dr Strange manga, serving as the movie's prequel.
It will focus on Strange's time as a surgeon before the movie's events.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...1-shot/.108623
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-09, 22:40   Link #90
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
The real issue for why we don't see real life superheroes is that people don't pass the first step: the name. That's right, your name determines if you have even a single iota of potential to be a superhero!

Does your first/last name combination contain either two first names or alliteration? If so, congrats! You cleared the first test. If not, I'm sorry but you cannot be a superhero.
No alliteration, but I have three first names.
Old 2016-11-09, 22:54   Link #91
GDB

Then you might have a chance. You should follow in the footsteps of DC heroes, not Marvel heroes. Better chance of success without alliteration that way!
Old 2016-11-10, 04:07   Link #92
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Then you might have a chance. You should follow in the footsteps of DC heroes, not Marvel heroes. Better chance of success without alliteration that way!
Not unless I lived in Metropolis or Smallville. Seems like everyone there has an alliterative name. Usually beginning with L.

Actually, come to think of it, the only Marvel heroes I can think of with alliterative names are Peter Parker, Sue Storm, and Reed Richards, with JJJ being a non-powered example. While on the DC side you have 90% of the Superman characters (including Big Blue himself, phonetically), Billy Batson, Wally West, Guy Gardner, J'onn J'onzz (not even human!)...

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2016-11-10 at 04:17.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-10, 09:34   Link #93
GDB

Scott Summers, Matt Murdock, Betaray Bill, Black Bolt, Bruce Banner, Bucky Barnes, Jessica Jones, Michael Morbius, Miles Morales, Stephen Strange, Warren Worthington III, Wade Wilson...
Old 2016-11-10, 21:40   Link #94
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
...Stephen Strange...
Orz... And I just got through watching the movie the other day...
Old 2016-12-17, 08:56   Link #95
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Tilda Swinton Sent Us Her Email Exchange with Margaret Cho About Doctor Strange, Diversity, and Whitewashing

Whoa. Margaret and Tilda had a polite and understanding conversation about the racism issue in the movie and the ways to fix it only for the former to lie and claim the latter was an ignorant racist.
Old 2016-12-17, 16:09   Link #96
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Tilda Swinton Sent Us Her Email Exchange with Margaret Cho About Doctor Strange, Diversity, and Whitewashing

Whoa. Margaret and Tilda had a polite and understanding conversation about the racism issue in the movie and the ways to fix it only for the former to lie and claim the latter was an ignorant racist.
Say it ain't so...!

/s
Old 2016-12-18, 17:11   Link #97
Galaxian

Finally saw the the movie. Overall it was pretty good, but the resolution of the final battle elevates it even further.

Quote:
Scott Summers, Matt Murdock, Betaray Bill, Black Bolt, Bruce Banner, Bucky Barnes, Jessica Jones, Michael Morbius, Miles Morales, Stephen Strange, Warren Worthington III, Wade Wilson...
Also, Victor Von Doom and Rocket Raccoon.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 03:01   Link #98
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Peter Parker and Reed Richards should be the first two on the list
Old 2016-12-25, 12:08   Link #99
GDB

They were already mentioned, so of course I wouldn't mention them again.
Old 2017-03-03, 18:08   Link #100
Twi

The Blue Ray has come out, so I thought I'd ask if the bonus features were any good?

I also found this decent tribute video as well.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Tags
comic, film