AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2017-01-28, 21:26   Link #21
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- The tag on that photo reads "Old Tanzawa".

Google search came up with the Tanzawa Mountains in Japan. Hmmm...maybe this is a future time when Godzilla's radiation has affected Japan, and the survivors are either trying to destroy Godzilla or find a way to return back to their homes?

...And that may tie in to similarities to Fukushima, with all the people still unable to return home due to the amount of radiation there. As well as Chernobyl, with the mutated flora and fauna...
This would indeed be very interesting, in fact the whole possible premise gives a new face to the franchise that already seems worn.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 19:42   Link #22
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Godzilla Anime coming to Netflix in 2017

Godzilla's first anime headed to Netflix later this year: http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/13/149...e-2017-netflix

Going to be CG, done by Polygon(Knights of Sidonia), directed by Kobun Shizuno and Hiroyuki Seshita and written by Gen Urobuchi (Madoka Magika, Fate Franchise)

Offivial Website: http://godzilla-anime.com/index.html
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 20:03   Link #23
LG-MAX 2.o

Spoiler for news images:

So as Blame !, the movie will come via Netflix, maybe it will leave in the theater also as will happen with Blame !.

Ps: great image, it's been a while since we have a good science fiction anime.
Old 2017-03-16, 20:11   Link #24
LG-MAX 2.o

new image

Old 2017-03-24, 05:18   Link #25
LG-MAX 2.o

New poster

The full title is Godzilla: Kaijū Wakusei (Godzilla: Monster Planet).

Film with story by Gen Urobuchi takes place 20,000 years in the future

Quote:
The tagline on the above poster reads "We will definitely take back this 'Planet'."

The film takes place 20,000 years in the future on Earth, where Godzilla is at the top of the ecosystem, and humans fight to take back the planet. On Earth, kaijū suddenly appear, and the "ultimate being" of Godzilla rises to exterminate them. After half a century of war between Godzilla and the kaijū, humanity devises a plan to escape the planet. A group of humans chosen by AI board a spaceship called Aratram to travel 11.9 light years to immigrate to a new planet, Tau Ceti e, which rotates around the star Tau Ceti in the constellation Cetus. After traveling for 20 years, the ship barely makes it to the new planet, only to find that it can't support human life.

The protagonist is Haleo (pictured above), who saw Godzilla kill his parents before his eyes when he was four years old. During the 20-year voyage, he has thought only of going back to Earth and killing Godzilla to avenge his parents. He joins a team that will conduct a dangerous trip through hyperspace to return to Earth. However, when they arrive, they find that 20,000 years have passed on Earth, and the world they once knew has completely changed.

Last edited by LG-MAX 2.o; 2017-03-24 at 06:28.
Old 2017-03-24, 06:38   Link #26
B214

The summary sounds interesting. I'm definitely watching it now.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-24, 11:34   Link #27
tsunade666

it's sounds interesting. probably worth the wait.
Old 2017-03-24, 12:05   Link #28
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That sounds very different from regular Godzilla films, at least the ones I've seen. I'm very interested now.
Old 2017-03-24, 12:32   Link #29
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I think it kinda takes the franchise out of its comfort zone. Kinda reminds me of that cartoon series where they put ancient Sherlock Holmes in futuristic UK. Then again, that's what Urobuchi like to do, so yeah, I'm on board.
Old 2017-03-24, 15:20   Link #30
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Kinda reminds me of that cartoon series where they put ancient Sherlock Holmes in futuristic UK.

There were two:

1. "BraveStarr" Sherlock Holmes in the 23rd century. This was an episode of the BRAVESTARR TV show that I used to watch as a kid and recall fondly.

2. Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd century. This was the very first time that I heard about this show; didn't know it exist until I research on it.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-24, 21:15   Link #31
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post

There were two:

1. "BraveStarr" Sherlock Holmes in the 23rd century. This was an episode of the BRAVESTARR TV show that I used to watch as a kid and recall fondly.

2. Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd century. This was the very first time that I heard about this show; didn't know it exist until I research on it.
It's number 2.

Sherlock 22nd Century is actually pretty amusing. We got RoboWatson & a hot female Lestrade along with Sherlock who needs some getting used to on how things work in the future .
Old 2017-03-24, 21:27   Link #32
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Well ... the setting of the new Godzilla movie will certainly be ... different.

Will be interesting to see if it works....
Old 2017-03-25, 02:38   Link #33
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

not sure they will reuse that unused concept of Shin Gojira evolving into a glowing Adam-like humanoid after its 'skin' peels off.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-25, 21:01   Link #34
Batknight

The anime is going to be a film trilogy.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...miyano/.113950

As a lifelong Godzilla fan I'm extraordinarily excited for this. I've always wanted a Godzilla anime, and I'm so glad they've gone with a premise that takes advantage of the medium. Something like this simply couldn't be done well in a live action TOHO movie. Also, love how of a hard sci-fi plot the film has. There's always been sci-fi in Godzilla of course, but it's always been done in a pretty cheesy, campy sort of way so this is a wonderful change. And yeah glad to hear it's getting three films because the plot doesn't sound like something that could be done justice in just one movie.
Batknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-25, 22:32   Link #35
B214

A trilogy. Okay now that sounds promising.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 02:43   Link #36
LG-MAX 2.o

This looks Luke what happened to Ajin, maybe this will turn a TV anime.
Old 2017-03-26, 02:58   Link #37
kuromitsu

Turns out Miyano Mamoru plays the main character, and now I'm less excited. :/ I wish it was Kaji, or literally anyone else from the cast... Sure, Miyano is popular and will bring in viewers, but he has a tendency to be only good with roles that fit him, and this certainly doesn't seem like such a role.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 04:57   Link #38
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Turns out Miyano Mamoru plays the main character, and now I'm less excited. :/ I wish it was Kaji, or literally anyone else from the cast... Sure, Miyano is popular and will bring in viewers, but he has a tendency to be only good with roles that fit him, and this certainly doesn't seem like such a role.
The real tragedy here is that the MC bears an uncanny resemblance to Kaji, yet not voiced by him even though he's in the cast.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 07:40   Link #39
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Heh, HanaKana playing the female lead AND the character is the MC's childhood friend? I don't care about anything else.

Wait, what's that? This is written by the butcher? Uhh, yeah...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 10:14   Link #40
Liddo-kun
is this so?

A Godzilla animated movie? Now, this looks interesting.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote