AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-08-28, 11:43   Link #241
Rasty

^ That should be about right. He is still playing the role of perfect all-knowing overlord, there is no place for such a weakness. Though I am a bit disappointed with the sad tone of this episode. Hoped for a bit happier conclusion.

On the other side, the end of the episode was fun.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-28, 11:46   Link #242
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The funny thing about this episode is how Ains basically wiped their hopes about Momon saving them.

Besides the actual problem with Momon's identity, it is very likely an adventurer of the same caliber as Momon would fall prey anyway. Momon is much stronger by the new world standards, but that's still considered as an half baked warrior, which explains why he couldn't really handle Clementine under that guise.
Considering how the perfect warrior spell is described by the guardians, "Momon" is probably around lvl50-70 at best (lvl100 stats without any warrior skills whatsoever), so he would just be nuked to death by reality slash and stuff like that. Or simply instantly killed by cry of the banshee with "goal of all life is death".
Old 2018-08-28, 11:54   Link #243
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The funny thing about this episode is how Ains basically wiped their hopes about Momon saving them.

Besides the actual problem with Momon's identity, it is very likely an adventurer of the same caliber as Momon would fall prey anyway. Momon is much stronger by the new world standards, but that's still considered as an half baked warrior, which explains why he couldn't really handle Clementine under that guise.
Considering how the perfect warrior spell is described by the guardians, "Momon" is probably around lvl50-70 at best, so he would just be nuked to death by reality slash and stuff like that. Or simply instantly killed by cry of the banshee with "goal of all life is death".
As far as I can remember, there's a bit of a misconception about Perfect Warrior.

Perfect Warrior is a spell that turns the caster from a spellcaster to a warrior of the same level. His stats are altered into that of the same a warrior would have at that level. So when Ainz uses Perfect Warrior at level 100, he becomes a level 100 warrior.
Obviously, its still not optimized and far weaker than other actual level 100 warriors.
Ainz used Perfect Warrior during his fight with Shallchair back in season 1 while using his friends' weapons.

Now, what Ainz used against Clementine and usually uses when playing the Momon part is actually NOT Perfect Warrior. Ainz uses a spell to create the suit of armor and the swords. Spellcasters can't use armor and weapons like warriors, BUT if these things are temporary summons, they can be used normally for their duration. As Momon, Ainz is merely using his summoned armor and swords and nothing else. His STATS are just so amazing compared to New Worlders (from being a level 100 spellcaster) that he ends up being the equivalent of a level 30 or so warrior.
This is why he couldn't beat Clementine easily, because she's a little bit above level 30.

If Ainz had used Perfect Warrior, he would have absolutely destroyed Clementine. If Ainz hadn't used Perfect Warrior, he wouldn't have been able to use Touch Me's armor and would have been destroyed by Shallchair.

Ainz used Perfect Warrior twice in the anime: Against Shallchair and against Yaldabaoth (because in both cases, he used non-summoned weapons).

Ainz did not use Perfect Warrior against Foresight, he merely fought as a spellcaster like normal. The collar around his neck LOWERED his stats, but INCREASED his XP gain. He did this to both test his warrior skills AND to see if he could gain XP in warrior levels as a test.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-28, 11:59   Link #244
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I can't say much since I didn't read the WN or LN, but I was under the impression he had to use perfect warrior to play Momon properly, as he wielded Frost Pain Kai against Demiurge.
But then again, it would make sense he used perfect warrior only after raising to Adamantite class, and not before that point.
Old 2018-08-28, 12:00   Link #245
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I can't say much since I didn't read the WN or LN, but I was under the impression he had to use perfect warrior to play Momon properly, as he wielded Frost Pain Kai against Demiurge.
But then again, it would make sense he used perfect warrior only after raising to Adamantite class, and not before that point.
Sorry, I edited that part in while you posted xD
Old 2018-08-28, 12:03   Link #246
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Goddamn. I really feel sorry for the foresight especially Arche’s and her sisters.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-28, 12:25   Link #247
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Bad End R.I.P.

Spoiler for Web Novel:
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-28, 12:55   Link #248
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
Bad End R.I.P.

Spoiler for Web Novel:
The anime has been following the LN this whole time... why would anyone still think they will suddenly adapt the WN?
Old 2018-08-28, 13:21   Link #249
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
The anime has been following the LN this whole time... why would anyone still think they will suddenly adapt the WN?
First, you assume I read the LN, I have not. Second, you assume I believed it would follow the WN, I did not. Third, you probably shouldnt make assumptions, I dont

I said I hoped, there's a difference between believing and hoping.
Old 2018-08-28, 14:48   Link #250
Greenish Growth

Episode 8:

Spoiler:
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-28, 14:50   Link #251
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenish Growth View Post
Episode 8:

Spoiler:
Entoma lost her previous voice... she needed a new one... so she got Arche's voice. Nazarick doesn't waste a single body part.
Old 2018-08-28, 15:53   Link #252
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

it's so hard to cheer for Ainz lol

You hear his inner dialogue and he sounds like a normal person. You switch to his character and it's some mad scientist plotting.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-28, 15:59   Link #253
Greenish Growth

Quote:
Entoma lost her previous voice... she needed a new one... so she got Arche's voice. Nazarick doesn't waste a single body part.
I know. I was wondering if Entoma's seiyuu had switched or if it was the same person. I can't find info on who Arche's seiyuu was.
Old 2018-08-28, 16:47   Link #254
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
Did Ainz really think one of his guildmates sent those workers to the tomb? After knowing and orchestrating the raid? Really? Then why is he so angry, when he knew that foresight was lying?
He clung to the one in a gazillion chance they'd actually met one of his guildmates at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yan3242 View Post
This episode is really an eye opener to me because this is probably the first time i see nazarick as downright evil status,
Didn't you watch S2?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-28, 16:56   Link #255
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
I know. I was wondering if Entoma's seiyuu had switched or if it was the same person. I can't find info on who Arche's seiyuu was.
No, Arche and Entoma always had the same voice actor
Old 2018-08-28, 17:20   Link #256
Greenish Growth

Quote:
No, Arche and Entoma always had the same voice actor
Thanks! Well that makes sense instead of the production switching seiyuus.

Ainz looks so much smaller without all that equipment he normally wears (as Momon too).
Old 2018-08-28, 18:00   Link #257
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Thanks! Well that makes sense instead of the production switching seiyuus.

Ainz looks so much smaller without all that equipment he normally wears (as Momon too).
It's the shoulders, they just make him way bulkier xD
Old 2018-08-28, 18:22   Link #258
DemonneoPT

So many cool stuff was skipped. It's sad that i have to read comments by the LN fans to learn details of what is happening (like the neck chains being XP boosts or seeing Ainz using time manipulation to finish the last two members of Foresight...etc). This show needed at least 15 episodes per season. Anyway, even with this horrible adaptation with laughable animation (seriously, wtf was that cgi in the soldiers after Mare's earthquake? Ridiculous), Overlord still is one of my favority fantasy shows. Episode 7 and 8 were the best so far and showed how evil Nazarick can be. It's very interesting following the villains for a change and still be able to have some feels regarding the side characters. Seeing Arche's sisters in the end was fucked up, especially after knowing that they were sold to slavery and died from overwork...holy shit... .
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-28, 21:08   Link #259
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

So far I couldn't really think that what Ainz did was outright evil. To me he always looked like someone who played the part of the evil overlord, while in fact doing things that can arguably be considered good.

Saving a village from genocide
Becoming an adventurer and help the populace
Killing a psychotic assassin and his evil mage companion
Fighting off bandits
Destroying a powerful criminal organization

He might have said and explained that he had ulterior motives for all of that, but if you look at the end result he did what you would expect from a hero.

However things have changed drastically at this point. Maybe it was his acceptance of Demiurgos' plan which involves waging war against the whole world, an undertaking that cannot happen without casualties, but at this point he clearly and unmistakably went down to the evil path. Not as far as getting pleasure from doing evil acts, but he clearly doesn't mind committing any kind of villainy if it is to his gain.

This is going to be an interesting development but I fear he's going to attract to himself a lot of hatred at this point. And just because someone is evil it doesn't mean he won't despise and try to stop other evil beings. He proved it himself in season one. And if he can be a hypocrite, so can his old friends.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-28, 23:24   Link #260
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
So far I couldn't really think that what Ainz did was outright evil. To me he always looked like someone who played the part of the evil overlord, while in fact doing things that can arguably be considered good.

Saving a village from genocide
Becoming an adventurer and help the populace
Killing a psychotic assassin and his evil mage companion
Fighting off bandits
Destroying a powerful criminal organization
You missed the part where he had all the innocent people Demiurge had kidnapped during his raid on E-Rantel last season killed, simply because he didnt have a better solution on hand. I think the number was over One Hundred Thousand.