AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-11-09, 18:48   Link #21
Jmariofan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
About the only development I'm not liking in this arc is that up to this point, Oda has been a super-imaginative mangaka, and the only stuff that you see that was remotely Japanese was Zoro being a samurai and the color illustrations we'd get for holidays. But now... it's a case of "everything in this world is connected to my version of Ancient Japan!" I get that Japanese readers are the primary audiences, but after all these super-creative islands, he chooses the one that resembles Japan to be the epicenter of the world events... dammit Oda, you were doing so well to break the mold that every other manga was iin.
Oh yeah, because America never does this. *Sarcasm*
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-09, 19:28   Link #22
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The news was indeed about Luffy's defeat, but the reaction faces seemed rather inappropriate

I really wonder who the third cellmate is. Obvious answer would be another one of the samurai Kinemon is looking for.
Old 2018-11-10, 01:04   Link #23
marvelB

Putting all the other discussions aside, I wonder if the curtain closing on Act 1 of the Wano arc means we'll get an "intermission" of sorts? Because this sure would be a swell opportunity to return focus on the Reverie, if you ask me....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-10, 02:39   Link #24
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 924
This will do good for Luffy for character development. Has for Kidd I am impressed that he held this long. Now that Luffy is down and in prison I wonder if this means Zoro takes over for the time being? If Kaidou is planning to make Luffy his subordinate then I wonder how Big Mama will react? Also were is X Drake? I wonder if we will see X Drake running the prison or visiting it? Finally if Kaidou wants to brake Luffy why put him with Kidd? Isn't this just going to feed each other and strength each other? Two people with the same goal and in prison can only build on each other.

Kaidou vs. Luffy
Kaidou is strong but I wonder if he put Sea stone on his club? Smoker has Sea stone at the tip of his weapon. I thought Luffy went down pretty fast and now that Hawkins mentions about Seastone and Wano fashioning seastone into such a delicate shape. The Kaidou's goon in page 3 talks about Kanobo has if its the weapon he is talking about. If so then Luffy needs to add Sea stone to his gear 4. Kidd/Luffy combo will be great for using sea stone has a weapon against Kaidou. I do think Luffy can beat Kaidou.

Weakness
Has for Luffy he needs to find out the weakness of Kaidou and what better way of doing it then in a prison full of guys who lost to Kaidou. Luffy needs to figure out Kaidou's devil fruit(which i think Momonosuke is the key) and figure out what Big Mama did to Kaidou(But he needs to be aware of the event first). Big Mama said she owed him and the discussion was not up for debate. Croc was hard to beat but once Luffy found out he was able to defeat him. This is Alabastia all over again with the fight.

Powerup
The only way he can get one is get another devil fruit. I wonder what would happen if Luffy ate a zoan fruit that is just a imitation. No one has ever eaten two authentic devil fruits before and lived to tell about it.(except for Black Beard) but what if Luffy eats a imitation devil fruit? (something similar to what momonosuke has). There has to be a factory or a place some were that has bunch of Imitations devil fruits, and I would not be surprised if Kaidou has real authentic devil fruit too. I wonder if there is a devil fruit that allows you to eat more then one devil fruit? There is not enough time for Luffy to train. Two weeks is all they have before the big attack. I know Luffy will keep his word.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-10, 02:54   Link #25
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I really wonder who the third cellmate is. Obvious answer would be another one of the samurai Kinemon is looking for.
There is a third cellmate?
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-10, 03:07   Link #26
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Man, Eiichiro is gonna keep pouring on all the missed years of Robin face faulting into each shocking reaction she has isn't he?^^;;. Anyhoo, since this is the end of the first act, I wonder if it's possible to return to Mariejois to see the results of the reverie?
Old 2018-11-10, 03:13   Link #27
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
There is a third cellmate?
Whoever was fed the poisonous fish and spat the skeleton at one of Kaido's men is someone entirely different to Eustass Kid and not shown.
Old 2018-11-10, 12:56   Link #28
necrolyte

^I think that was Kid(probably ). For me the third ally would be the girl that was shown in the last panels.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-10, 20:52   Link #29
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrolyte View Post
^I think that was Kid(probably ). For me the third ally would be the girl that was shown in the last panels.
Nah, Kaido's prison guards didn't have a clue who was in the cell from which the fishbone was spat out. Some weren't even aware someone was actually in there, so whoever it is has been a prisoner for a long, long time... maybe twenty years long?
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-11, 01:41   Link #30
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
Nah, Kaido's prison guards didn't have a clue who was in the cell from which the fishbone was spat out. Some weren't even aware someone was actually in there, so whoever it is has been a prisoner for a long, long time... maybe twenty years long?
It seems more like an animal than human.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-11, 15:31   Link #31
necrolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
After reading the chapter again I think you might be right, it could be someone of Kinemon's friends, probably one of the 3 people they are looking for.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-12, 00:56   Link #32
thefreakmike

Something is telling me Wano will end similarly to WC, probably Kaido wont be dealt with completely in this arc, like with Whole Cake they will just escape, leading to Kaido to accept Big Mom's offer of teaming up against him
Old 2018-11-12, 07:57   Link #33
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I prefer this is like the combination of Battle of Edd War and Marineford. This is definitely going written into the books of history for sure.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-12, 14:22   Link #34
marvelB

About the unseen prisoner.... while there certainly is a possibility that it could be one of Kinemon's allies, I think we're forgetting another potential candidate: Kid's partner and fellow supernova, Killer. We haven't seen him since Kaidou's first appearance, so this could be Oda's dramatic way of reintroducing him to us readers. As for why he's unseen.... well, perhaps he's been unmasked....?

Though, a part of me also thinks it would be kinda cool if the mystery prisoner were Moria. Like maybe he got captured while plotting revenge against Kaidou, and now he'd have no choice but to team up with Luffy and Kid to bust out of prison and succeed in gaining his long-sought vengeance.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote