AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-02, 16:50   Link #361
GawainBS

Thanks for explaining, I understand now. It was worse, though. There were simply whole lines missing. I watched that scene afterwards in English, and that contained a lot more than those subtitles.
It was also evident, because some subtitles simply stopped midsentence, then 4-5 seconds of dialogue without subtitles, then the subtitles continued, starting midsentence of a new sentence.
Old 2008-07-08, 15:50   Link #362
sainclaire
This space for rent.

Send a message via AIM to sainclaire
So, at the end of Fumoffu when Sousuke tells Chidori to take off her clothes, was he really intending to....you know?

I couldn't really think of any other reason why Sousuke would tell her to do so but at the same time, I didn't see his character doing something like that...
Old 2008-07-08, 16:03   Link #363
GawainBS

No, I don't think it was his intention at all. I'd be surprised if he even ever thought about it. (At that point in the story, I haven't seen TSR yet.)
I think he was brooding on some sort of last ditch escape/decontamination plan or something like that. He sounded his usual matter-of-fact self.
Old 2008-07-09, 01:48   Link #364
king_joker

uhm ok.....i dont know about all of you but doesnt it seem weird that sousuke would find a random girl that SERIOUSLY LOOKS LIKE Chidori when he was wanderin around Hong Kong?
Old 2008-07-09, 12:56   Link #365
sainclaire
This space for rent.

Send a message via AIM to sainclaire
If you haven't seen TSR yet, you're in for a treat. IMO best of the FMP seasons and better than the first by far.

Er... joker, did you want an answer to that? I didn't find it too unsettling but the FMP material writers are probably to blame for that. :P
Old 2008-07-09, 20:38   Link #366
king_joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainclaire View Post
If you haven't seen TSR yet, you're in for a treat. IMO best of the FMP seasons and better than the first by far.

Er... joker, did you want an answer to that? I didn't find it too unsettling but the FMP material writers are probably to blame for that. :P
nope i just found it weird XD
Old 2008-07-26, 13:43   Link #367
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to Sobresaliente Send a message via MSN to Sobresaliente
Quote:
Originally Posted by GawainBS View Post
No, I don't think it was his intention at all. I'd be surprised if he even ever thought about it. (At that point in the story, I haven't seen TSR yet.)
I think he was brooding on some sort of last ditch escape/decontamination plan or something like that. He sounded his usual matter-of-fact self.
actually when he told her to take off her clothes she kinda was like no why, but he REASSURED her with a very "caring" voice which was out of context to his usual monotone. i think the writers of that scene just need to be beat severely cuz that ruined all of FUMOFFU for me it was retarded.

Last edited by Sobresaliente; 2008-07-27 at 22:07.
Old 2008-07-26, 21:43   Link #368
Crimsonwolf

I'm just wondering but does anyone know if there is gonna be an anime for Dancing Very Mary Christmas?
Old 2008-07-27, 00:38   Link #369
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonwolf View Post
I'm just wondering but does anyone know if there is gonna be an anime for Dancing Very Mary Christmas?
You can check the Is there going to be a new FMP series? thread. But I'll save you the time.

No. Nobody has announced any possible new season or even the intention of making one. Don't worry, if a new season comes out, you'll know, because it's gonna be a AS (AnimeSuki, don't confuse with Arm Slave) party here!
Old 2008-07-28, 05:54   Link #370
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
Does anyone know what's up with volume 9 of the FMP manga? It's so difficult to find...all the usual places i get manga from has volumes 1-8 but not 9, even amazon does not have volume 9 which is weird.

Could anyone explain why volume 9 is so hard to find?
Old 2008-07-29, 12:18   Link #371
Solidus1321

Send a message via Yahoo to Solidus1321
Question, that episode where tessa gets drunk the night b4 it, Was that the last episode of FMP The second raid? just asking because it seemed like a random episode just to end it with.
Old 2008-07-29, 12:24   Link #372
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus1321 View Post
Question, that episode where tessa gets drunk the night b4 it, Was that the last episode of FMP The second raid? just asking because it seemed like a random episode just to end it with.
If I'm not wrong, you're talking about an OVA. It can't be exactly said where in time it is, it's just a side story and you should not worry about it.
Old 2008-08-04, 22:06   Link #373
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
OH, that OVA. In series Second Raid. Came across it just recently (although I've owned the series for MONTHS...I'm an idiot).

SO funny
Old 2008-08-13, 16:13   Link #374
Lord Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpryciak View Post
OH, that OVA. In series Second Raid. Came across it just recently (although I've owned the series for MONTHS...I'm an idiot).

SO funny
The world's greatest piece of fanservice. . .
Old 2008-08-13, 17:17   Link #375
Mr.Mo

the OVA is after second raid because Sousake only call Tessa by her name at the end of second raid. And yes! it was possibly the best fan serivce ever
Old 2008-08-20, 00:10   Link #376
Sorceress Tuathan

Hi all...Question...I just finished watching Season one and three....TSR...Wow, probably the best anime story ever done...though, insofar as the love triangle goes...there are a lot of parallels between that from FMP and the triangle between Lynn Minmei, Rick Hunter and Lisa Hayes from Robotech: Macross, I have to wonder if the creator was modeling that classic scenario...but anyhoo...my question...I want to start reading the novels as I'm dying for more FMP story...which novel picks up after TSR? Is it 5 or 6? or an earlier one...
Old 2008-08-20, 00:35   Link #377
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

You're a bit lost. TSR covers volumes 8 and 9 (ODBD parts 1 and 2), the next volumes are side stories. The main storie starts again in volume 12 (DVMC). Read this thread, it should be enough to answer. Personal advise, just read them all!
Old 2008-08-20, 12:04   Link #378
Sorceress Tuathan

Thanks for the info...I wish I could read them all...But I'll have to wait till they are all translated cuz I can't read Japanese...yet!
Old 2008-08-20, 15:50   Link #379
Sorceress Tuathan

I would really appreciate if someone could give me a basic status summary of the whole story's current state up to the latest novel as I have an idea for a short story set in the FMP universe that I want to write just to share with the fans. Not wanting to publish really, just to get some feedback on my writing and exercise my imagination a bit...anyhoo, if one of ya'll could answer the following questions for me I'd appreciate it as I am not caught up beyond TSR and want to use accurate continuity...Essentially just need to know the following but any really pertinent info would be good in addition..

Main characters still alive?
Basic status of Sousuke, Kaname, Tessa love triangle?
Basic status of Mithril? Amalgam?
After TSR, did Gauron ever show up again in any form being that he was shot and blown up, LOL?
Old 2008-08-21, 07:57   Link #380
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorceress Tuathan View Post
I would really appreciate if someone could give me a basic status summary of the whole story's current state up to the latest novel as I have an idea for a short story set in the FMP universe that I want to write just to share with the fans. Not wanting to publish really
You will find all the info you need in this thread, one of the first post link to the summary of the novel starting from BOMF (after what has been translated).

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=33290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorceress Tuathan View Post
Main characters still alive?
Basic status of Sousuke, Kaname, Tessa love triangle?
Basic status of Mithril? Amalgam?
After TSR, did Gauron ever show up again in any form being that he was shot and blown up, LOL?
Spoiler:
Closed Thread