AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 133 47.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 75 26.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 9.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 7.83%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 4.98%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.71%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.71%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.36%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.71%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.42%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-29, 12:16   Link #321
Quen

Well, I watched this episode a few days back and read this thread immediately afterwards, but the sheer amount of emotions stirred by the ending for me prompted me to come back and make an account after visiting this site for ages.

Great ep, and thanks to everyone here for giving me proof that I'm not alone in feeling the same about this!
Old 2008-03-29, 15:05   Link #322
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

I was a bit disappointed frankly initially..but with the announcement of the Second Season..this feels like a great ending.. and i m really glad that they didnt pull a Code-Geass on us by usinga cheap cliffhanger. Infact they left us with a beautiful moe sweet confessional ending followed by an awesome special episode. REALLY REALLY looking forward to season 2
Old 2008-03-29, 23:23   Link #323
wtfftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
You're talking typical school/slice-of-life romance happening here. If you're truly looking for that, Ef~ might actually suit you better, even if just a little. Clannad is still a family-themed show, IMO, so as much as you (or I) might want to see the possibilities...Go write yourself some fanfictions, maybe.
if its family themed why the love revelation?

if you want family themed you have aishiteruze baby and those kind of shows.
This season started with great events, and alot of jokes etc. You had sunohara saying tomoyo is a boy. You had fuko being naive when tomoya was making jokes bout her. you had kyou being the bossy type.

these 2 last eps were gay for me that dont mean you need to: like/explain it/like what i say. Its how i view it^^

Furthermore the gay argument with write your own fanfiction i can turn back at you with saying keep your remarks for yourself its a forum deal with it that some might like it some dont. just say what you wanna say not what i or others should do. (dont get me wrong i dont have any beaf with ya dude^^ im just a bit crancky on the write yourself some fanfiction remark)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
I suppose a child with a negative mindset lacking in self-confidence will always know what her parents think?
no i geuss not but thats the reason why i cant relate to it nor do i like that arc cuz it plain boring.

some other people also summed up some points i also found wrong. This does not mean i did not enjoy the show. Just that the ending is weak. I missed sunohara they shoudl just make a whole sequal for him it would be as good as FM fumofo.

i did not understand 1 thing of this robot. other then some people said to me it related to nagise and i geuss her story. i dont get what the point of it really is though.

Last edited by wtfftw; 2008-03-29 at 23:37.
Old 2008-03-30, 00:22   Link #324
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
Love can be considered another extension of family. Tomoya said that family dosnt have to be related by blood. they can be friends to.Just like that, Nagisa and Tomoya are also like family.
The theme IS family, but just because there's romance dosnt change anything.
Meh, this show was never meant to be comedy. Sure it has elements of comedy, but..Oh, why AM I explaining? Especially when you said not to. Ehh...
Old 2008-04-02, 04:47   Link #325
dangodaikazoku
akachan dango

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfftw View Post
if its family themed why the love revelation?
The two go together. If romance doesn't come first, how can you form a family?
Old 2008-04-02, 06:39   Link #326
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangodaikazoku View Post
If romance doesn't come first, how can you form a family?
Thru arranged marriage. Sadly.

Hopefully, it is not a topic touched by Clannad.
Old 2008-04-02, 14:41   Link #327
SkoolRumble4Ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami_Mello View Post
Love can be considered another extension of family. Tomoya said that family dosnt have to be related by blood. they can be friends to.Just like that, Nagisa and Tomoya are also like family.
The theme IS family, but just because there's romance dosnt change anything.
Meh, this show was never meant to be comedy. Sure it has elements of comedy, but..Oh, why AM I explaining? Especially when you said not to. Ehh...
Yeah even though Clannad is not mainly base on comedy but I gotta say that Clannad outranks other shows that specialize in comedy which is kind of weird lol.
Old 2008-04-03, 01:46   Link #328
Edgewalker
Nani ?

8/10

Spoiler for Possible flamebait. You have been warned.:
Old 2008-04-03, 19:23   Link #329
RandomFlameStrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
8/10

Hey people are entitled to their opinions, it's not a problem. I think Clannad >Kanon, though, what aspects of Kanon make you enjoy it more then Clannad? I liked both but for diffrent reasons.
Old 2008-04-13, 07:36   Link #330
Leedizzle

I think this show came on to me as more of a harem show, kind of like Love Hina and Shuffle!.

I understand the emphasis in this show was the bonds between people and the families that they share their lives with but, I mean it didn't ring to clear with me. It might have needed more episodes but it didn't accomplish the mission very well for me at least.

I must say getting used to the freaky eyes took a little while, but overall, it was an excellent series, although I think they dragged the Fuuko thing on a little bit too long.
Old 2008-04-13, 12:37   Link #331
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedizzle View Post
I think this show came on to me as more of a harem show, kind of like Love Hina and Shuffle!.
Then you missed the entire point.

Quote:
I understand the emphasis in this show was the bonds between people and the families that they share their lives with but, I mean it didn't ring to clear with me. It might have needed more episodes but it didn't accomplish the mission very well for me at least.
Which is why it's getting a second season. In the meantime, play the game.
Old 2008-04-14, 12:35   Link #332
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:

I understand the emphasis in this show was the bonds between people and the families that they share their lives with but, I mean it didn't ring to clear with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Then you missed the entire point.
No, I think he does have a point there.

Certainly, if you watch the series with the "family" theme in mind it becomes obvious, but if you see the show blind (that is, not knowing the themes beforehand) it can easily come across as a dating-sim type show.

If I didn't know, I wouldn't have even guessed that til towards the very end.
Old 2008-04-14, 19:03   Link #333
hero147

10/10 Bravo, it was a nice conclusion and ending! I hate the initial story of guy going to help girls one by one, but this series just presents the plot in such a colourful and brilliant way...The was Nagisa cried just touched me! That's my 2 cents. Can I ask towards the people who gave this a 1, why you labelled it so low?
Old 2008-04-15, 00:02   Link #334
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
10/10 Bravo, it was a nice conclusion and ending! I hate the initial story of guy going to help girls one by one, but this series just presents the plot in such a colourful and brilliant way...The was Nagisa cried just touched me! That's my 2 cents. Can I ask towards the people who gave this a 1, why you labelled it so low?
flame bait....naruto fans or shonen fans, 15 year olds or younger mind sets....
I would just shrug and move on ^-^
Old 2008-05-27, 18:14   Link #335
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
8/10

you cant really compare clannad with Kanon. Although they have similarities, they are very diffrent.

Kanon has a more serious tone, with alot more drama and less comdey in it, While Clannad has alot less drama with alot more comedy in it.

So you cant really compare and say which one is better as they are 2 completly diffrent type of anime.

I voted 10/10 for kanon 2006 and I will vote 10/10 for clannad. They are both awesome anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
Yeah even though Clannad is not mainly base on comedy but I gotta say that Clannad outranks other shows that specialize in comedy which is kind of weird lol.
to me it seemed as comedy was it's main genre. Of course its not pure comedy like School rumble or few other pure comedy anime, but it's main genre would have been comedy if you would ask me.
Old 2008-07-24, 07:00   Link #336
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to konstargirl
This was a good ending. <3 I'm glad Nagisa did the performance even if she was nervous or something.
Old 2008-07-24, 18:52   Link #337
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
man this couldda been easily 50 eps if it went a little into more harem mode, i mean kotomi really should have had more screentime, and especially more character development since she only had 1 friend, tomoya, who stood by her side after so many years, there should have been much more internal conflicts in the group aswell, Kyou did say, "What would you do if a girl was so madly, deeply in love with you that she couldnīt restrain herself?" man it just sux that such a promising anime had to end, hope S2 will stir it up though
Old 2008-08-18, 19:27   Link #338
kimchipride
Geass User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
man this couldda been easily 50 eps if it went a little into more harem mode, i mean kotomi really should have had more screentime, and especially more character development since she only had 1 friend, tomoya, who stood by her side after so many years, there should have been much more internal conflicts in the group aswell, Kyou did say, "What would you do if a girl was so madly, deeply in love with you that she couldnīt restrain herself?" man it just sux that such a promising anime had to end, hope S2 will stir it up though
it could easily be 50 eps if kyoani dragged Clannad like Dragonball Z or Naruto.
guess what? dragging an anime lowers its quality and it becomes less appreciated. Also, Kyoani faithfully followed Key's Visual Novel. There's no complaints for changing the plot or rewriting scripts. That's one of the reasons KyoAni is sooo effin pro.

why so serious? we have after story coming up.
Old 2008-08-18, 22:35   Link #339
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Which.... in the end will sum up 50 episodes if After Story is 24 episodes long
Old 2008-08-19, 01:43   Link #340
kimchipride
Geass User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Which.... in the end will sum up 50 episodes if After Story is 24 episodes long
That's not what that guy meant though...