AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-07-22, 13:40   Link #1
KirbyMorph

Oro - Why try to acquire Bloodline Abilities? [Manga]

One thing I was thinking about with Oro and finding these insane bloodline abilities like Kimi and Saskue. Why doesnt he just kill them, dissect the body and acquire their Bloodline that way? I know it hasnt been explained fully, but on several occasions, it has been stated you can acquire techniques/bloodlines from dead ninjas and hence Anbu hunt the missing nin so village/clan secrets dont make it to other villages/groups.

So, why even train Saskue? Why not just kill him and take the Sharingan much like Kakashi has his? Why didnt he kill a stronger Uchiha long ago before Itachi killed them all and take his Sharingan that way?

Same could be said for Kimi. Hes dead now. Take his body, dissect it and learn its secrets that way.

I know his body switching technique will let him live forever, etc, but he didnt have to abandon his original body right away.
KirbyMorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 13:52   Link #2
Dix11

its possible that u need the right body type to perform certain blood lines...

for instance, kakashi is able to use the sharingan eye, but he uses it very imperfectly. i doubt orochimaru is willing to accept a subpar version of a bloodline. especially when its possible for him to get a perfect specimen by taking over the body of a ninja with a blood line. its not easy but, its probably more worth it to spend the time trying to get it perfect, than to spend the time trying to kill them ,studying the body, and then maybe finding out that it wont work after all? sasuke and itachi are the only living uchiha clan members, itachi is unavailable to him, and if he kills sasuke to study the body and it fails..theres goes his chance at any sharingan, ever.
Dix11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 14:26   Link #3
Shino~
The Legendary Perv Genin

to acquire kimi's blood line i think ud need his whole skeleton, and iun think u can do that kind of bone transplant.... and to actually use the sharingan, u need to have a certain type of body as itachi pointed out
Shino~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 14:29   Link #4
S7EV3n
Music is my LIFE~!

I pretty much agree with above ( i meant DiX11 T.T)

Orochimaru learned (or developted) the jutsu to transfer his soul to other body and live there (right?)

if he just take Sasuke eyes as it is now....then because he isnt part of Uchiha and he doesnt have to blood to develop stronger Sharingan level
he wont have the ability to beat Itachi

So I'm pretty much sure he is trying to transfter his soul into Sasukes' Body
S7EV3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 14:46   Link #5
KirbyMorph

Oro doesnt want to beat Itachi. He wants to learn all jutsus.

Remember, he was around when the entire Uchiha clan was alive. He could have had plenty of people to experiment on. The Sharingen only used a lot of chakra from Kakashi. I assume Oro has infinitely more chakra than Kakashi due to him being one of the Sannin so it would have less of an impact on him than Kakashi.

Of course, right now its not that great to do since Kimi and Saskue are like the last of those bloodlines. But why not grab some Hyuuga and try for the Byakugen (sp?)? Especially since his current body ended up being just a shell since he had to transfer right away. He could now improve it a bit wiht a random bloodline.
Old 2004-07-22, 14:57   Link #6
S7EV3n
Music is my LIFE~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyMorph

Remember, he was around when the entire Uchiha clan was alive. He could have had plenty of people to experiment on. The Sharingen only used a lot of chakra from Kakashi. I assume Oro has infinitely more chakra than Kakashi due to him being one of the Sannin so it would have less of an impact on him than Kakashi.

Of course, right now its not that great to do since Kimi and Saskue are like the last of those bloodlines. But why not grab some Hyuuga and try for the Byakugen (sp?)? Especially since his current body ended up being just a shell since he had to transfer right away. He could now improve it a bit wiht a random bloodline.
well...its not my point that..Oro does or doesnt want to beat Itachi (Im saying it wouldnt make a difference If Oro fights Itachi only with Sasukes' 2dot sharingan)
But since Oro want Sharingan so much..I think Shariangan is better than Byakugen =p
and lastly....stay on the point
S7EV3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 14:59   Link #7
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:

Well, the going theory is that he left the Akatsuki because Itachi was more powerful than he was. Even though his end goal is to learn all jutsus, especially after he's figured out how to become essentially immortal, he can still be stopped by someone killing him.

So, his immediate goal is making sure that there isn't anyone out there who can. Since he knows the sharingan can't copy bloodline abilities, he wanted a body with a strong bloodline ability. So he'd have something Itachi couldn't counter right away...like the Master of Tie-Jutsu, who's probably Orochimaru's next target.

For the same reason the bloodline abilities are uncopiable, they are also pretty much useless to Orochimaru aside from him jacking a body. He can figure out how it works, but also will be unable to use the technique unless he's in that body. Without the DNA, the ability is just not executable.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 15:51   Link #8
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Oro' body switching technique was really just for living forever, and always having a healthy young body, so he could learn all jutsu. Aquiring strong bodies with strong bloodlines is just a really nice plus on top of it all.

Also Sasuke's body will just speed the process up 100000 times faster than having to learn them himself, not to mention he can kill Itachi.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 15:57   Link #9
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Oro wants sharingan so he can learn all the jutsus.

But he also needs a body that is strong.

Theres no point learning all the jutsus and then Itachi can come along and Mange him to oblivion.

Kakashi's surgically achieved sharingan does not hold the true bloodline powers.

Oro doesnt want a half ass sharingan. He wants the whole thing ^^
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 20:04   Link #10
KirbyMorph

Maybe Im missing something here though. He wants Saskues body. Saskue doesnt have the 3 dot sharingan nor does he have the Mange. There is no guarantee he will ever get those even if he has the potential to do so. Even if he gets Saskues body, he'll get old in that body eventually and poof there goes Sharingan Oro and hes back to square one. Itachi has so far shown no interest in Oro at all, but can be assumed willing to kill him for leaving Atsatsuki. Even so, Itachi cant ever know who Oro is. All he has to do is remove his genjutsu that MAKES him look like the old Oro (see Oro vs the 3rd when face peels off, 3rd cant believe its Oro). So, if Oro wants to hide from Itachi, all he has to do is look like his new body. So he has no worries from Atsatsuki or Itachi. No need to fear him unless he wants to fight him. So in the end, why not just add Saskues sharingan to his body now and be done with it. He doesnt need Mange. His main goal in life is jutsus. Having even an inferior Sharingan like Kakashi does has let Kak become the famours "Copy Ninja". Why doesnt Oro just become the infamours Copy Ninja Oro. I cant see a reason for the trouble he's spending on Saskue when all he wants is to copy jutsus he doesnt know.
Old 2004-07-22, 20:12   Link #11
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Oro said it himself that Sasuke's Eyes show that he has the potential to grow an even more powerful sharingan than Itachi.
Old 2004-07-22, 23:25   Link #12
yanoch
French, english NOOB

Anyway kakachi must hide his sharingan eye to stop it, even if orochimaru transplant sharingan eyes to himself i dont see him running around blind folded.

Unlest he do like kakachi and only take 1.
yanoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 00:34   Link #13
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

recall that Kakashi told sasuke they were the same body type.. and it is because of this that kakashi is able to manipulate the sharingan.

i don't think oro shares the same body type as kakashi -_-
one is medium build, the other is tall, lanky, and pasty-faced

not only that, but since there are only TWO uchiha's left, how will oro know what to do, how to adapt the eyes to his body, and all that other stuff?

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
diabolistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 00:51   Link #14
knubbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
Oro said it himself that Sasuke's Eyes show that he has the potential to grow an even more powerful sharingan than Itachi.
Orochimaru was talking out of his ass

What potential? Oh boy! he can use Sharingan controlled shurikens and do an elementary fire jutsu! Genius! Give this boy a medal!

But wait, at 13 Itachi wiped out the whole clan and had his Mangekyou Sharingan, which is the pinacle of Sharingan development.

And when Kishimoto gives Sasuke some uber-mecha-Sharingan, I'll cry myself to sleep
knubbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 01:05   Link #15
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Quote:
Originally Posted by knubbe

What potential? Oh boy! he can use Sharingan controlled shurikens and do an elementary fire jutsu! Genius! Give this boy a medal!

But wait, at 13 Itachi wiped out the whole clan and had his Mangekyou Sharingan, which is the pinacle of Sharingan development.

And when Kishimoto gives Sasuke some uber-mecha-Sharingan, I'll cry myself to sleep
Lol okie dokie,

I dont think age defines potential

Kakashi became a chuunin when was 6. Does that make him better than Itachi who became chuunin later?
Old 2004-07-23, 01:37   Link #16
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:

Um... He never said Sasuke was stronger than Itachi. Obviously that isn't the case, and Oro certainly realizes it. He said he has more potential. That means Sasuke has the potential to become more powerful than Itachi, not that he already is. Potential is the most important thing to Oro, since once he has the body he can work on its bloodline himself(though he has previously expressed interest in developing Sasuke to his liking, for reasons not completely known).

Speaking of Orochimaru, am I the only one hoping that he retains this body's form rather than going back to his Jacko impersonation?
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 02:00   Link #17
Dez
Speshul

Send a message via AIM to Dez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
Um... He never said Sasuke was stronger than Itachi. Obviously that isn't the case, and Oro certainly realizes it. He said he has more potential. That means Sasuke has the potential to become more powerful than Itachi, not that he already is. Potential is the most important thing to Oro, since once he has the body he can work on its bloodline himself(though he has previously expressed interest in developing Sasuke to his liking, for reasons not completely known).

Speaking of Orochimaru, am I the only one hoping that he retains this body's form rather than going back to his Jacko impersonation?
I kind of like the MJ look....

Anyway, the reason he wanted to train sasuke before taking his body is probably the simple fact that it's better to have a strong adult body than a strong child's body. And if he misjudged Sasuke's potential he'd have more options available, like studying Sasuke and finding a strong sharingan-suitable non-Uchiha body for himself.
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 02:03   Link #18
knubbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
Lol okie dokie,

I dont think age defines potential

Kakashi became a chuunin when was 6. Does that make him better than Itachi who became chuunin later?
I'm asking what Sasuke has done that shows he can surpass Itachi

We've never seen what Kakashi was like when he was younger, but obviously he hasn't become as powerful as Itachi has. Chuunin is just a rank, and Shikamaru, although clearly not the most powerful of the Gennin 9, is the only one who became Chuunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek

Itachi at 13 was clearly more powerful than Sasuke is at 13. Where is Orochimaru seeing all this potential? Itachi is about as skilled as they get as a ninja, and he's taken the Sharingan as far as it will go (as far as we know).

Whatever, I just think Kishimoto needs to have Sasuke doing more stuff, rather than just whining about his brother and bitching at Naruto. Now that he's gone to Orochimaru hopefully we'll see what all the hype is about, because that's all Sasuke is right now
knubbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 11:39   Link #19
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Itachi at 13 was clearly more powerful than Sasuke is at 13. Where is Orochimaru seeing all this potential? Itachi is about as skilled as they get as a ninja, and he's taken the Sharingan as far as it will go (as far as we know).
Do you understand what the word "potential" means?

po·ten·tial Audio pronunciation of "potential" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (p-tnshl)
adj.

1. Capable of being but not yet in existence; latent: a potential problem.
2. Having possibility, capability, or power.
3. Grammar. Of, relating to, or being a verbal construction with auxiliaries such as may or can; for example, it may snow.

n.

1. The inherent ability or capacity for growth, development, or coming into being.
2. Something possessing the capacity for growth or development.
3. Grammar. A potential verb form.
4. Physics. The work required to move a unit of positive charge, a magnetic pole, or an amount of mass from a reference point to a designated point in a static electric, magnetic, or gravitational field; potential energy.
5. See potential difference.

Yes, Sasuke is weaker than Itachi at the same age. However, Oro believes that he has the POTENTIAL to become stronger. That means that Sasuke's maximum power is greater than Itachi's. What he's like right now is irrelevant. For all we know, Sakura's potential could be higher than Itachi's, but that doesn't mean she's stronger than him right now.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 11:50   Link #20
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Maybe Im missing something here though. He wants Saskues body. Saskue doesnt have the 3 dot sharingan nor does he have the Mange. There is no guarantee he will ever get those even if he has the potential to do so. Even if he gets Saskues body, he'll get old in that body eventually and poof there goes Sharingan Oro and hes back to square one. Itachi has so far shown no interest in Oro at all, but can be assumed willing to kill him for leaving Atsatsuki. Even so, Itachi cant ever know who Oro is. All he has to do is remove his genjutsu that MAKES him look like the old Oro (see Oro vs the 3rd when face peels off, 3rd cant believe its Oro). So, if Oro wants to hide from Itachi, all he has to do is look like his new body. So he has no worries from Atsatsuki or Itachi. No need to fear him unless he wants to fight him. So in the end, why not just add Saskues sharingan to his body now and be done with it. He doesnt need Mange. His main goal in life is jutsus. Having even an inferior Sharingan like Kakashi does has let Kak become the famours "Copy Ninja". Why doesnt Oro just become the infamours Copy Ninja Oro. I cant see a reason for the trouble he's spending on Saskue when all he wants is to copy jutsus he doesnt know.

Im sure that Oro feels that anyone stronger than him is just an obstacle, especially itachi and Atsatsuki. Also finding Oro really wouldnt be that hard, since he is head of his own village (sound).

Also about sasuke and Itachi, they are both VERY different it seems like, while Itachi bloomed earlier Sasuke is blooming now. Out of all the genin hes one of the top, and placing him next to guys like Gaara, Neji and Naruto is saying a lot. Really if you look at his matches hes done very well, he fights gracefully and intelligently, especially when you watch the fight with him vs. Oro. He does a beautiful job, and thats what impresses Oro, as well as his win vs that chakra absortion guy, when the odds were horridly against him.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote