AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-10-12, 11:30   Link #441
Sejuro
Ghost Member

In opposition to the majority of people here the show doesn't bother me so much, I even like it (with the exception of the stupid fan service). I will propably be favourable towards this series as I'm curious about the way they intend to introduce the sole male hero and what kind of character he will portray. The character description on the official website is quite enigmatic, saying something about fate and Vilkiss (crazy theory about living bio-counterpart of a machine comes to my mind in this moment, but unlikely…). Well, my only concern is that he will share Cleo’s fate as a stepping stone for Ange after brief introduction.
Sejuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 11:30   Link #442
vic-vic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yeah, I really want to like it. Nana Mizuki portraying a red-eyed blonde in an anime with magic, mechas, dragons!

But they're making it real hard.
Well, IMHO Argevollen also started pretty slow but now I'm VERY eager to see any new episode.

And honestly, while there is a bit too mush fan-service I really want to see the secrets of their world revealed.
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 11:34   Link #443
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
What if there's no secret to the world of Cross Ange and instead shows us T & A without any plot advancement? Honestly, Sunrise is gonna troll us hard!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 11:44   Link #444
Dahak86
Classics never age

NSFW
hit me, strip me, rape me! don't stop!!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
What's worse is that she didn't accept Coco's pudding as she threw it away in her room. That's so harsh!
Don't see what's so harsh about it. I did the exact same thing many times when people was giving me stuff I didn't even want to begin with. If anything, it's kind of a realistic portrayal of how such things go in the real world.
Old 2014-10-12, 11:57   Link #445
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

does this series have uncensored version like from At-x?
Old 2014-10-12, 11:57   Link #446
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
does this series have uncensored version like from At-x?
Buy the BDs.
Old 2014-10-12, 11:58   Link #447
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Buy the BDs.
Nah, Sunrise won't even bother removing those censor bars!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 12:19   Link #448
Ryuga

LOL, this show is so cruel.

Zola is an arse. Ange's still got an attitude but funnily enough, that's what's endearing me to her character. She's spoilt, wasteful (why'd you throw that pudding away man?!) and tries to flee the battle. But it fits her character, considering she's a princess who doesn't dress herself and lived in luxury for years. I actually like her character and feel sorry for her situation, despite the fact that she's a prick.

The bit where Ange was made to wear the pilot suit was unintentionally hilarious. "Oh, the blood? Yeah, someone died in it." *tears off the name tag*. "Oh, you don't wanna wear it and you'd rather be naked? Well, excuuuuse me Princess!" *throws Ange out naked*. Piloting a Para-mail is no joke, kids are throwing up and wetting themselves scared from the training and Jill and Zola have lost body parts.

And as for Coco....oh man, that was awful. And it looks like Ange's not gonna get off lightly next episode, which she deserves. Barring the fanservice and molestation, I enjoyed this episode.
Ryuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 13:01   Link #449
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post

Too bad it wasn't Ange.
.... That's exactly what I said. These dragons are stereotypically useless villains, they can't even aim properly. Better luck next time. I'm rooting for them.

edit: I do have to say though, it is sort of endearing that they're not pretending like Ange's just a bit spoiled and it's not her fault or whatever. She's a prick, no one's pretending otherwise. Except Coco. Coco had it coming.
I can appreciate a character who is unapologetically awful and I hope they don't just "redeem" her. That would suck.

Last edited by Faerie; 2014-10-12 at 13:11.
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 13:09   Link #450
Ryuga

Guess I'm one of the few that likes Ange haha. She's got huge faults as a person, but it's kind of interesting to have a char like her for an MC.
Old 2014-10-12, 13:12   Link #451
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuga View Post
Guess I'm one of the few that likes Ange haha. She's got huge faults as a person, but it's kind of interesting to have a char like her for an MC.
yeah, i like bitch, so i like ange
Old 2014-10-12, 13:18   Link #452
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuga View Post
Oh no, don't get me wrong. I quite like her, in a twisted sort of way. I'm really looking forward to her getting kicked in the boobs (well, shoulder, technically) next week. Really. And I laugh when horrible crap happens to her.
But I do actually like characters like her. Until they start redeeming her and acting like she's the second coming of Jesus Christ for no reason whatsoever. Which they will and then she won't be fun anymore. I can already see it, with her whole superior abilities nonsense and I bet Kira 2.0 has a say in this.
Old 2014-10-12, 13:24   Link #453
Ryuga

Yeah, I hope she still keeps of some of her dickiness even when she improves. Have to give credit to Salia, she was incredibly effective in not putting up with her nonsense in a rather calm and swift manner, she's really good lol. And I'm also looking forward to the next ep, Ange's gonna catch a smackdown for trying to desert and causing Coco's death.
Old 2014-10-12, 14:01   Link #454
Burden

This is going to end like Muv Luv calling it now.
Burden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 14:29   Link #455
Dr. Dahm
Banned

Angelise as a character feels like if they took Sunrise's whole perfect peace princess archetype and made it all twisted so she wishes for peace through what essentially amounts to a genocide and then it ironically backfires on her. The problem is they seem to be going about things the wrong way by making the whole world twisted around her as well so there's really no sense of right or wrong or morality at play that I can see. I mean you could approach this so many ways that would be more thematically effective at least like having her show up and the prisoners basically being like "yeah we know exactly who you are and are going to give you a taste of hell" but it seems like this is the sort of thing they'd practically do anyway and then they even grudgingly admire her natural abilities admits all the rampant fanservice/lesbian stuff that just makes me groan. I don't see how this potentially leads to her or anybody ever becoming less human garbage since everyone just seems kind of despicable and spiteful. Even the universe seems to operate on that sense of spite from Valvrave and Aldnoah since the one person that is kind of nice to her (more like sucks up to her cause she's a princess which really doesn't help much) is summarily and brutally killed off at the end of the episode.

Really I sort of don't get the need for this show or understand what it brings to the table when there's already 2 Gundams out there. Like for smaller companies without many ideas or options I could understand going for this sort of thing to boost appeal but why does a company like Sunrise who is known for also doing a lot kids and family friendly shows have to take this sort of approach. I feel like I'm watching a Sunrise mecha anime crossed up with a Silver Link or SHAFT series or something.

Anyway what happens if she ever finds out about the fact that she is technically actually is superior to her squad mates as a rookie all in terms of natural ability. It'd seem more than likely it'd just go to her head and feed her ego even further and there's already obviously a lot of bitter resentment in the squad about that. Everyone just hates each other in this show or has twisted views and seems so despicable with it simply being a matter of levels that separates the cast, it's definitely not a pleasant atmosphere and there don't seem to be many avenues for it to get any better.
Dr. Dahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 14:43   Link #456
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Good grief, this is pure lowest common denominator stuff right here. I actually laughed my arse off when that girl got halved.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 15:39   Link #457
n0m@n
C-Z

Fact: Kira Yamato can survive that attack. He survived the self-destrution of Aegis, Gensis, and the explosion of his nuclear reactor.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 16:10   Link #458
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dahm View Post
Angelise as a character feels like if they took Sunrise's whole perfect peace princess archetype and made it all twisted so she wishes for peace through what essentially amounts to a genocide and then it ironically backfires on her. The problem is they seem to be going about things the wrong way by making the whole world twisted around her as well so there's really no sense of right or wrong or morality at play that I can see. I mean you could approach this so many ways that would be more thematically effective at least like having her show up and the prisoners basically being like "yeah we know exactly who you are and are going to give you a taste of hell" but it seems like this is the sort of thing they'd practically do anyway and then they even grudgingly admire her natural abilities admits all the rampant fanservice/lesbian stuff that just makes me groan.
Aside from the two molestors, everyone's actually pretty nice to her. All things considered. Relative to how much of an asshole she is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic-vic View Post
Well, IMHO Argevollen also started pretty slow but now I'm VERY eager to see any new episode.

And honestly, while there is a bit too mush fan-service I really want to see the secrets of their world revealed.
It's not a matter of slow or fast. Some elements of Cross Ange are actively repulsive, which Argevollen never was. Plus, I found it (Argevollen) relatively intriguing from the start, which I can't say about Cross Ange.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 16:48   Link #459
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

...well...things went to hell quickly...is it gonna be 1 character death per episode or something? x_x

Coco decides to be friends with Ange, but "GOD SAYS NO!!!!"
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 16:53   Link #460
Ryuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dahm View Post

Really I sort of don't get the need for this show or understand what it brings to the table when there's already 2 Gundams out there. Like for smaller companies without many ideas or options I could understand going for this sort of thing to boost appeal but why does a company like Sunrise who is known for also doing a lot kids and family friendly shows have to take this sort of approach. I feel like I'm watching a Sunrise mecha anime crossed up with a Silver Link or SHAFT series or something.
Said this in the thread further back; I almost want to say Cross Ange is Sunrise testing the waters with a mostly female-cast mecha show, but they decided to throw in a bunch of gimmicks to ensure profit.

Tags
fanservice, mecha, ps vita, romance