AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-07-30, 18:06   Link #1
Mitsuomi

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuomi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitsuomi
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne

Does anyone here play warcraft III TFT? If so, what is your level and account name? =P
Mitsuomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 18:29   Link #2
Necrodeath

I play, my account name is Necrodeath and I have no level...I only play custom games
I'm really into DotA right now, DotA kicks so much ass...
For those that don't know what DotA is (Defenders of the Ancients or something), it's a map where the Scourge and the Sentinel both have a base, ad regularly send units to attack eachother (they meet in the middle), they are about equally good and balance eachother out. You can not control any of these units, but in stead you control a hero (on of 24 you can pick from at the beginning (24 for sentinel and 24 for scourge)). With this hero you can disturb the balance and try to destroy the Frozen Throne (as Sentinel) or that big tree, forgot the name (as Scourge). You can level up by killing the other teams units/hero's or just by creeping. There are also a great deal of items you can obtain (read: buy) to improve your hero. It's all very cool.

Oh, I also play a lot of Tower Defense // Tower War games.
The reason I only play custom games is because I suck at normal play

EDIT: I play in europe btw.
Necrodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 18:59   Link #3
Imazul

I play only custom also, mostly rpg

Onolin@USEast
Imazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 23:37   Link #4
HK anime seeker
Looks fun...Time to jump!

Well TFT is now a waste of time. The balance issues are a huge problem so its just better to play custom games instead. But on the whole its better to do something else
HK anime seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 23:41   Link #5
Shino~
The Legendary Perv Genin

i just play dota... so if u wanna dota me pm me... da_thug(SR)@azeroth
Shino~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 23:45   Link #6
Melty Snow
<3 WoW undead girls

Sheep tag is the best custom map!!!
Melty Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 00:39   Link #7
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Eh. Been ages since I've played TFT but some friends of mine forced me to play this weekend. I'll start up a new acct as soon as I break the laziness barrier (Battlenet nuked my last inactive accounts...). I prefer to play mostly the weirdest, most innovative custom maps (i.e. golem tag) tho i do like a good hero siege now and then.
Ambience Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 01:22   Link #8
chaoz
I see all and pwn all

The game got boring after more than a year of playing. Doing the same thing over and over got really repetitive. So I just sold my accound and quit
chaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 15:45   Link #9
Necrodeath

Omg lol, I've just done a little blizzard tower defensing, and I can't seem to get past the last level...
Has anyone here played/succefully completed the Blizzard Tower Defense?
Also, does anyone know where I can get some good Td's?
Necrodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 17:24   Link #10
Virus
ウイルス

Send a message via AIM to Virus
Got boring ages ago. I used to keep making on new accounts. I only continued if I had a record better than 20-2 .
Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 17:56   Link #11
Imazul

I could never get past lvl 21, so I got a nice tournament icon and retired. I create another account tough because my main account was on a huge amount of blacklist in private game (i never played any private game before so I acted like a total newb). Its all ok now tough.
Old 2004-08-04, 20:30   Link #12
NyHunter
Baka Baka

Send a message via AIM to NyHunter
Cool !! I love DOTA... BakaBakaChan@Azeroth
NyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 21:52   Link #13
HopelessLover

Any footmen frenzy fans?
HopelessLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 23:15   Link #14
aahhsin

DOTA? Dear god that game sucks. Talk about imbalances.

TOB, now that's a good custom game.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 23:28   Link #15
Imazul

I like TOB and EoTA more then DoTA (well Allstars, I cant stand Allstars)
Old 2004-08-04, 23:48   Link #16
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
I play DOTA regularly. I also play a hella lot of ladder. I know some ppl say it's imbalanced, but those people suck. :fingers:

I have alot of accounts, but my main one is Soconfused and at the moment I'm trying out orc on my Come_One account, both on east. anyone ever wanna play, make a animesuki clan or something, just whisper me
Old 2004-08-08, 22:02   Link #17
FrostLich

I use to play lots of Bnet games in ROC but in FT i mostly play custom games. I bought the game since the first week it came out and only have about 20 total Bnet games played. I only AT with my friends and sometimes we pull off crazy stratagies like UD tower rush. Its amazing how i use to have over 150 games played in ROC with over 70% winnning rate (that account was a smurf though) and now I cant beat the crappiest newb in FT. Dont get me wrong, i still have some skill but i cant concentrate and my build order is different each time i play. I often forget to build food too nowadays.

My favorite custom games include: Line tower defense, sheep tag and some random madness games here and there (i hate footman frenzy though).
FrostLich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 17:48   Link #18
Archuka
A territory most absolute

I sometimes play custom maps, mainly DOTA.

I used to play a lot of normal WCIII games, but when TFT was released, I no longer had much of an interest in them and I only played like three TFT matches. I also started to suck horribly when the new units were added and I couldn't adapt.

DOTA does have its problems. Agility based heroes will reign supreme at the end of a long game. Massive agi > all. That problem is even bigger in those battle arena type maps. Nobody chooses anything but agi based heroes when you can boost your stats to ridiculous numbers and only passive abilities matter.
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-21, 13:13   Link #19
Sepiraph
Arayashiki

I play DOTA and regular ladder (RT, ladder & FFA) quite alot. I used to play DOTA more but now I'm getting back to laddering. Custom game wise (except DOTA), I played a bit of TD & sheep tag.

Anyhow, with the new patch the leveling is really messed up as it is really easy to gain high level. Currently I'm level 30 in RT & level 25 in solo (guess the username)
Sepiraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 12:55   Link #20
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Bring back this dead thread for a "rumor" i might be punished if it false (i think it is btw)

Quote:
VGTribune have managed to get some information on the title that whilst is still officially considered a rumour, is from a fairly trusted source. After the jump is a list of what we know so far.

* Episodic campaign was considering – no word on what they decided.
* Thrall is “currently” in it.
* The game is planned “tentatively” for a Q4 2012 release.
* Its an RTS based on the Starcraft II engine.
* Its being considered for multiple platforms like the 360 and PS3, but DS has actually been started on.
* It now finally has a team working on it since Starcraft is out.
* Its still very early stages and the concept art looks “beautiful”.

Hopefully the game will be officially announced as this years big Blizzcon surprise but personally I don’t think so. i reckon blizzard might be waiting till the game is a bit further down the line in development and have something to show instead of this early point. But whenever something is shown, or told to us, about Warcraft IV you can count on VGTribune to update you.
I loled but "if" it's true ..... i don't give much hope for this .

Edit : They talk about WC 4 if you didn't understand .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote