AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-11, 23:24   Link #1
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Looking for Animes that are Based on Novels Or Long animes with good Story.

Hey guys. I am looking animes that are based on novels rather than Manga. Basically looking for good Plot Novels. Examples are

Suzumiya haruhi

Full metal Panic

I dont know any more .

Also Any thing that is similar to Naruto. I know there are alot of threats for naruto . But what i am looking for is mainly anything that is similar in naruto in a way that , some one starts from being a kid and grows up. Or a Long story, good plot anime. So basically i am not particulary looking for just Action without a good story. So any thing that has long story. Examples:

Inuyasha.

Monster.

Detective conna.

Full metal panic.

Full metal alchemist.

Tenshi na konamai.

GTO.

Tsubasa chronicles. and more

To sum it up i need suggestion eaither on Novel Animes, Or Long animes ( preferably more than 13 episodes or if it is 13 having more than one season) with good story and plot. Please No rommance only anime( like Lamune or shuffle). I Like romance in anime's but not anime's that are just base on romance.

P.S. I will reward any one with Rep points if give me suggestions .
Old 2006-10-12, 00:23   Link #2
jedinat

Juuni Kokuki is based on some novels. It's 45 episodes and one of my favorite anime.

Some other long anime I've enjoyed are:
Full Moon wo Sagashite
Rurouni Kenshin
Gundam SEED
Kaleido Star
Old 2006-10-12, 01:55   Link #3
Access

Zero no Tsukaima is based on some novels.

As for the 'epic' type, other than what you have already mentioned, the only other one I can think of which I've watched is Mujin Wakusei Survive and the semi-historical but poorly animated "Romance of the three kingdoms" (only if you like the period). Maybe something like Nanoha / Nanoha A's / StrikerS once the third season comes out.
Old 2006-10-12, 03:22   Link #4
miaka

based from novel
shounen onmyouji - currently ongoing...
kyou kara maou - 78 episodes. action, fantasy adventure...
shakugan no shana - 24 episode based from novel by Takahashi Yashichirou
Saiunkoku Monogatari - based from a series of light fantasy novels
black blood brothers - currently ongoing ...but its only 12 episode
scrapped princess - 23 episode
slayers series- classic series

long series
how about sport anime like major, eyeshield 21
other young shounen anime -- hunter x hunter, eureka 7
Old 2006-10-12, 04:49   Link #5
Knuckles

All these series are based on novels:
Seikai no Monshou (and sequels) very good series, actually on of my all time favorites.
Legend of the Galactic Heroes is a 110 episode series, not seen it yet (waiting to get all the episodes) but it is THE space opera.
Anne of Green Gables is one of my favorite drama series, 50 episodes.
If you like Slayers, you should give Lost Universe a try (even if you didn't), some people say it's Slayers in space.
If you are willing to give a short series a try (13 episodes) then Kino no Tabi is one of those that is really talk about.

Series similar to Naruto (shonen):
Yu Yu Hakusho, from the creator of Hunter x Hunter, it's a long action series.
Hikaru no Go, exiting series about Go (top 8 on Animenfo).
Old 2006-10-12, 18:50   Link #6
HXHFMP
a world's hunt

Quote:
Also Any thing that is similar to Naruto. I know there are alot of threats for naruto . But what i am looking for is mainly anything that is similar in naruto in a way that , some one starts from being a kid and grows up.
Hunter x hunter = Yuyu hakusho

Quote:
Or a Long story, good plot anime. So basically i am not particulary looking for just Action without a good story. So any thing that has long story.
Eureka seven + Last exile (Not too much actions but they have good stories)
Old 2006-10-12, 19:24   Link #7
MamoruUsagi

Well, I know a lot of long series

There are many series where the couple are boyfriend and girlfriend during the series and have sex and have lots of passionate kisses and sex and are dating and get married. It's great having a couple as boyfriend-girlfriend during the series. Romance series

Kare Kano
Mars
Kare First Love
Peach Girl
Wild Act
The Devil Does Exist
High School Debut
Marmalade Boy
Akuma De Sourou
Happy Hustle High
Paradise Kiss
Fushigi Yuugi
Absolute Boyfriend
Bokura ga Ita
Snow Drop
Sailor Moon
Fushigi Yugi
Ayashi no Ceres
Sensual Phrase
Black Bird
Akuma De Sourou
Ultra Cute

Just wanted to make sure we're clear on which series you are talking about.

Now, onto the ones that might fit your idea

Sensual Phrase has romance and sex, but music is the main plot.

Fushigi Yugi the manga is 18 volumes, the couple is boyfriend and girlfriend during the series, gets married, has a child and shares lots of kisses and has sex. It's a wonderful and long series. The main element is fantasy. There is a lot of romance and kissing, fantasy is the main part of the plot. The manga is a lot longer than the anime, 18 volumes. There is lots of romance, the couple is great and gets married, but fantasy is the main plot, as you asked for an outside plot. The manga is a lot longer than the anime, the anime ends a lot earlier than the manga, which is longer.

Ayashi no Ceres, the manga is good. It is 14 volumes. There is a lot of sex and kissing and the couple has a child, the main focus, though, is a dark adventure and it has a mixture of things. The manga is great, the anime cuts out a lot of the good parts.

Sailor Moon has 200 anime episodes, 18 manga volumes, the live action series. The couple are dating and boyfriend and girlfriend during the series, get married and have a child. The main focus is magic.

So, there are many wonderful series with lots of romance, kissing, dating, sex, and the couples as boyfriend and girlfriend during the series, but with other parts of the plot, too.

Mars is a great romance series.

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien would be more of a tragedy, though, so you can put it in the category.

Kare First Love is great.

Happy Hustle High is great.

The Devil Does Exist is an amazing romance series.

High School Debut is a great romance.

Wild Act is an excellent romance.

Fushigi Yuugi is great.

A lot of the series I suggest have sex scenes and/or many intense kissing scenes. Sometimes weddings, too.

In general, long manga are (This isn't what you asked for, but a list of long manga series, to show an example of long series)

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon
Fushigi Yuugi
Bokura ga Ita
Ayashi no Ceres
Sensual Phrase
Kare Kano
The Devil Does Exist
Mars
Sand Chronicles
Happy Hustle High
Mars
Fushigi Yugi
Kare First Love
Sailor Moon
Akuma De Sourou
Fushigi Yugi
Peach Girl
Wild Act
High School Debut
B.O.D.Y.
Sensual Phrase
Ultra Cute
Black Bird

Marmalade Boy is a long anime, but short manga.

Fushigi Yugi is a long manga, but shorter anime.

Ayashi no Ceres is a long manga, but short anime.

Pichi Pichi Pitch Mermaid Melody is a long anime, but short manga.

Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou is a long manga, but short anime.

Peach Girl is a long manga, but short anime.

Sailor Moon, 200 anime episodes, 18 manga volumes and the live action series are long in every version.

Happy Hustle High is cute where the couple becomes boyfriend and girlfriend early on and is dating during the series for a long time. They should make a college version. It's a short series, but develops fast and is romance/comedy.

A lot of times, anime and manga lengths are different, depending on what the anime cuts out and how far they go. Just some info.

A lot of series mentioned have lots of romance, kisses, the couple dating during the series and getting married and having a child, but the main plot is fantasy, with lots of romance along with it.

Alright, some of my message is generally off topic, but most of them are related to the topic in some way or the other, so this messages isn't off topic, but more of explaining long series, since long series seemed to be one of the main questions, I decided to tell about some famous long series.

I'm a huge fan of long series. Especially ones where the couple gets married and is dating during the series. Long series are great.

Also, please don't give me negative rep points for going off topic. I don't give recommendations for rep points, I want to help the posters know about good series. Anyway, sorry for a confusing post I was just covering a couple different topics. You seem like a really nice poster, so I hope going off topic doesn't get you upset.

You have a cool username, if you don't mind my asking, what is it named after and why did you choose it?

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2010-08-08 at 21:15.
Old 2006-10-12, 21:24   Link #8
DanielSong39

Glass Mask (2005) is based on a long-running manga, and is 52 episodes long.

One of the more underrated shows of the past year. Check it out.
Old 2006-10-13, 00:32   Link #9
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamoruUsagi View Post
Well, I know a lot of long series

A lot of series I like are where the couple are boyfriend and girlfriend during the series and getting married. It's great having a couple as boyfriend-girlfriend during the series. Serious romance series (The kind you didn't request are)

Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou
Mars
Kare First Love
Peach Girl
Marmalade Boy
Akuma De Sourou
Happy Hustle High
Paradise Kiss
Absolute Boyfriend
Bokura ga Ita
Snow Drop

Just wanted to make sure we're clear on which series you are talking about.

Now, onto the ones that might fit your idea

Sensual Phrase has romance and sex, but music is the main plot.

Fushigi Yugi the manga is 18 volumes, the couple is boyfriend and girlfriend during the series, gets married, has a child and shares lots of kisses and has sex. It's a wonderful and long series. The main element is fantasy. There is a lot of romance and kissing, fantasy is the main part of the plot. The manga is a lot longer than the anime, 18 volumes. There is lots of romance, the couple is great and gets married, but fantasy is the main plot, as you asked for an outside plot. The manga is a lot longer than the anime, the anime ends a lot earlier than the manga, which is longer.

Ayashi no Ceres, the manga is good. It is 14 volumes. There is a lot of sex and kissing and the couple has a child, the main focus, though, is a dark adventure and it has a mixture of things. The manga is great, the anime cuts out a lot of the good parts.

Sailor Moon has 200 anime episodes, 18 manga volumes, the live action series. The couple are dating and boyfriend and girlfriend during the series, get married and have a child. The main focus is magic.

So, there are many wonderful series with lots of romance, kissing, dating, sex, and the couples as boyfriend and girlfriend during the series, but with other parts of the plot, too.

Stellvia of the Universe has fantasy, romance and more.

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien would be more of a tragedy, though, so you can put it in the category.

Ultra Maniac is both fantasy and romance, so it might be up your alley.

Ah! My Goddess has fantasy as the main part.

Kodomo no Omocha has romance/comedy.

Socrates in Love is a manga based on a novel. You have a couple different ideas in suggestions.

A lot of the series I suggest have sex scenes and/or many intense kissing scenes. Sometimes weddings, too.

In general, long manga are (This isn't what you asked for, but a list of long manga series, to show an example of long series)

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon
Fushigi Yuugi
Ayashi no Ceres
Ah! My Goddess
Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou
Hot Gimmick
Mars
Red River
Kanata Kara
Kare First Love
Akuma De Sourou
Ai Yori Aoishi
W Juliet
Wallflower
Maison Ikkoku
Peach Girl
Boys Over Flowers
Sensual Phrase

Marmalade Boy is a long anime, but short manga.

Fushigi Yugi is a long manga, but shorter anime.

Ayashi no Ceres is a long manga, but short anime.

Pichi Pichi Pitch Mermaid Melody is a long anime, but short manga.

Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou is a long manga, but short anime.

Peach Girl is a long manga, but short anime.

Sailor Moon, 200 anime episodes, 18 manga volumes and the live action series are long in every version.

Happy Hustle High is cute where the couple becomes boyfriend and girlfriend early on and is dating during the series for a long time. They should make a college version. It's a short series, but develops fast and is romance/comedy.

A lot of times, anime and manga lengths are different, depending on what the anime cuts out and how far they go. Just some info.

A lot of series mentioned have lots of romance, kisses, the couple dating during the series and getting married and having a child, but the main plot is fantasy, with lots of romance along with it.

Long non-anime series are the Sweet Valley books, 606 books, following the cast from age 7 through 21 and Beverly Hills 90210.

Alright, some of my message is generally off topic, but most of them are related to the topic in some way or the other, so this messages isn't off topic, but more of explaining long series, since long series seemed to be one of the main questions, I decided to tell about some famous long series.

I'm a huge fan of long series. Especially ones where the couple gets married and is dating during the series. Long series are great.

Also, please don't give me negative rep points for going off topic. I don't give recommendations for rep points, I want to help the posters know about good series. Anyway, sorry for a confusing post I was just covering a couple different topics. You seem like a really nice poster, so I hope going off topic doesn't get you upset.

You have a cool username, if you don't mind my asking, what is it named after and why did you choose it?
wow Thanks alot . I read all of it. It was acctually a very good and informative post . Well The type of anime i am mostly looking to find is basically somethign like FMP and naruto. Not mainly because of their actions, but i think because they continue on and are cool. Mayby Another Example i should have mentioned was Gundam Seed. Like in Gundam seed has every thing. Good story, rommance, drama and many other things.

P.S. I almost never give negetive rep. The only type of people i give negetive rep to are people who enjoy spoiling people on anime series, because they have fun anoying others.