AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-01-12, 23:44   Link #701
Marina2

Wait could it be......
Spoiler for ch.6:
Old 2012-01-13, 00:34   Link #702
dingmajiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Wait could it be......
Spoiler for ch.6:
Muri muri muri muri..

But I'm very intrigued by Kuro? (is that her, the twintail) being named the most talented player in Achiga-girls..
dingmajiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 00:50   Link #703
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingmajiao View Post
Muri muri muri muri..

But I'm very intrigued by Kuro? (is that her, the twintail) being named the most talented player in Achiga-girls..
That would be Ako...Kuro's the long black-haired one, the vanguard who gets all the doras.

It does seem pretty fitting. Ako's the one who was most serious about making the nationals, originally planning to join that other big highschool in Nagano (lol, I forgot the name now...damn). She also seems to have a pretty uptight personality, :P. I think she's pretty interesting.

The character I'm most concerned for at the moment is actually Shizuno. She's like, the main protagonist, but we haven't really seen anything yet to indicate she can play at National level. She doesn't seem to have any outstanding skills in particular and she even dealt into a haneman. I'm really curious how she'll even put up a challenge when she gets to go against Saki.

Achiga right now still feels kinda weak; not even at the level of Kiyosumi at the prefecturals level, where all they had were pretty much Hisa, Nodoka, and Saki. The semi-finals match is already over, but I hope that maybe this Tsuruga training arc will go a bit slower so we can see the Achiga team becoming real badasses.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 03:50   Link #704
night_sentinel

Spoiler for chapter 6:
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 09:23   Link #705
Peanutbutter

Achiga-hen team is from Nara.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nara,_Nara

Spoiler:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 10:27   Link #706
Key Board
Carbon

Even in the anime and manga Sumire is always hanging around Teru

or at least, the only one who dares to GASP talk to her
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 14:40   Link #707
dingmajiao

Thanks Sol.. I always had the idea that Kuro was their best player, since she's the only one shown with an ability at the start of the manga..
Though only Yuu have shown her ability thus far together with Kuro.. Maybe the rest are just talented players but without an ability?

I hope Achiga don't progress though.. It would be an insult to Senriyama and Shiratodai if they did..
Shiratodai is a sure shoe-in for the finals, but it's whether Senriyama or the other school (I highly doubt so) will progress and I for one think it'll be fitting for Senriyama to progress..

Specs girl will be studying all Kiyosumi and Rinkai (I'm putting my bet on Rinkai to progress) players like what she did with Kuro and the others..

It's gonna be a fun fun finals.. And I don't think Momo can teach them much.. She's eventually still a loser to Saki..
Old 2012-01-13, 15:30   Link #708
King-Slayer

Quote:
It's gonna be a fun fun finals.. And I don't think Momo can teach them much.. She's eventually still a loser to Saki..
I doubt Momo will be teaching them anything, but i feel Yumi can help them like she did with Tsuruga. They weren't the most talented bunch but she helped them get very close to going to the nationals.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 10:15   Link #709
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Spoiler for ch92:
Old 2012-01-20, 10:25   Link #710
dingmajiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
Spoiler for ch92:
I agree with you on this.. With this pace, Achiga won't even last 10 chapters.. -.-'
Old 2012-01-20, 18:53   Link #711
Peanutbutter

Oh boy, juggling two projects is perhaps too much.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 19:30   Link #712
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
Spoiler for ch92:
I wouldn't say it was nothing. It's the start of a Miyamori flashback. One of the best things about the preliminaries arc was how this series managed to make us care about all those teams and characters; even now, our attachment to Tsuruga and Ryuumonbuchi sticks with us through Achiga. I'd say, development for Miyamori and the other schools is something necessary to bring our interest in them to that same level.

Eisui will probably get another chance in the semi-finals; but I do really like Miyamori, so I'm okay with slowing down a little to flesh them out while we have the chance.

What I am concerned about is how fast Achiga's going. Also, Ritz taking another damn break apparently, lol. But by itself, I think this chapter is fine.

Toyone did reveal another ability/skill. Also, while Kyouko's "change of strategies" did get her knocked on her ass again, I'm still expecting her to put on at least a little bit of a performance in order to back up the faith that Hiroe showed in her. What I'm really looking forward to though, I guess, is seeing just what kind of monster Saki has become. lol, this is practically the first time we've seen her playing since her match in the preliminaries. Saki's behaviour is pretty noticeably different from the time she was playing against Koromo; newb/gimmick stuff like taking her socks off feels like it's long gone. I think this match has been going pretty well.

Anyway, while I was trawling the /a/ archives for Saki discussion a ran across a couple tenhou replays that are absolutely insane, lol. Check these out: the interface is in Japanese but I managed to figure it out just by clicking around; post if you need more detailed instructions.

http://tenhou.net/0/?log=2008121721g...b0d7&tw=3&ts=5
http://tenhou.net/0/?log=2009100819g...5b23&tw=0&ts=9

Hahaha, people who think that Saki's mahjong matches are bullshit should totally just check these out.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 20:44   Link #713
King-Slayer

Anything focusing on Miyamori is a good chapter. I love the flashbacks because they make us care about Kiyosumi's opponent. And what the hell did Toyone do? it seems pretty awesome.
Old 2012-01-21, 00:26   Link #714
dingmajiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
http://tenhou.net/0/?log=2008121721g...b0d7&tw=3&ts=5
http://tenhou.net/0/?log=2009100819g...5b23&tw=0&ts=9

Hahaha, people who think that Saki's mahjong matches are bullshit should totally just check these out.
1st one: Daisangen on Rinshan.. That's fucking sick..
Not to mention he only had one 'Qing Fa' at that time.. Sick!!!! Plus that last dora.. -.-'

2nd one: His starting tiles are good enough with good draws so that's less sick than the 1st one imo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
Anything focusing on Miyamori is a good chapter. I love the flashbacks because they make us care about Kiyosumi's opponent. And what the hell did Toyone do? it seems pretty awesome.
Personally I think the flashback are good but not 16pages after 70+ pages of Achiga.. ZZZ
Old 2012-01-21, 00:40   Link #715
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

i just want to see saki mop the floor with them
Old 2012-01-21, 14:35   Link #716
King-Slayer

Quote:
Personally I think the flashback are good but not 16pages after 70+ pages of Achiga.. ZZZ
I think you're being spoiled by Achiga
Old 2012-01-21, 16:24   Link #717
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
1st one: Daisangen on Rinshan.. That's fucking sick..
It was a sho sangen but still... that kazoe yakuman was sick. (rinshan kaiho, toi toi, shosangen, sankatsu, self wind, round wind, 1 of a kind + honors AND dora 4. )
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 10:42   Link #718
dingmajiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
I think you're being spoiled by Achiga
The thing is this chapter sucks.. There's nothing much that get us excited about..
It gives me the feeling that Ritz is not giving a damn to Saki. She seems to be more interested in working on Achiga instead. That is not acceptable!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
It was a sho sangen but still... that kazoe yakuman was sick. (rinshan kaiho, toi toi, shosangen, sankatsu, self wind, round wind, 1 of a kind + honors AND dora 4. )
Dai or Sho, same shit.. That's SICK!!!!! SERIOUSLY SICK!!!!! That pure luck, seriously.. -.-'

I wish I had even 25% of it.. T_T
Old 2012-02-10, 11:29   Link #719
Marina2

Saw the raw of Achiga ch.7. It's full of win!

Spoiler for ch.7 "WIN" list:
Old 2012-02-11, 02:32   Link #720
orangejuicetang

Teru is scary.
I feel like poor Kuro is about to get owned.

Also more Mihoko is always good.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri