AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-09-04, 01:26   Link #21
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
There's a sense of fun in this show I quite enjoyed, even though I'd not see any Tiger and Bunny at all. Maybe I should?
Well, you should because T&B is great. Especially if you like Double Decker. But so far it doesn't look like the two series are connected.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-04, 04:11   Link #22
xeviouses

Is this in the future of T&B or the past? Quite liking what was shown so far.
Old 2018-09-04, 06:19   Link #23
Tenzen12

Well D&K has black and white TV, where R&B have colors already. Cars also seem to have older design even if they are modern functionaly. So I would expect this is around same time Mr. Legend first appearance.

And there is no way Agnes and Agnes aren't related.
Old 2018-09-10, 14:29   Link #24
bastek66

Episode was fine aside from overuse of camera slides and CGI models, in T&B it was bearable because they wore armors.
They kinda fucked up if they thought it has chance to be successful as much as T&B. For a series with HUGE fujoshi following to this day, they put too many female characters.
Also OKAPPA should be translated because no one would get it means his haircut, bob cut.

Last edited by bastek66; 2018-09-16 at 12:25.
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-11, 06:07   Link #25
Tenzen12

The Rising movie had exactly zero moments Fujoshi could jump on and instead they focused on potential relationship of Kotetsu x Karina. I guess they deemed whole that yaoi teasing as big mistake and decided avoid it ever since.
Old 2018-09-30, 14:11   Link #26
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The second episode was released.

Just watched the first one and thought that was really fun. Cool setting and colorful characters. Loved the narrator in particular "don't listen to this feminine looking boy, this is a show about detectives, not heroes. Too bad!"
Old 2018-09-30, 15:39   Link #27
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Was that a Stan Lee cameo?

Spoiler for end ep 2:
Old 2018-09-30, 18:20   Link #28
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The second episode was just as fun as the first one. I'm really liking the comedy. When the Dolorean started transforming, I half expected it to start flying.

As for the serious bits, we learned some interesting things about Doug and Kirill.

I thought Kirill kept the job because Doug asked Boss to keep him.
Old 2018-09-30, 21:59   Link #29
Frontier

The comedy and partner banter in this show really does evoke Tiger and Bunny a lot, which is never a bad thing in my book .

So is Kirill's sister the person in the picture and Opening? Then I guess she also apparently grew her hair out...

The Boss and Doug both make the obvious comments about how Kirill looks like a woman. Heck, his official Seven-0 outfit makes him look even more feminine .

Doug does seem kind of...detached or apparently lacking in any kind of passion for his work as a detective, which I guess makes sense if he seems to have more lofty goals in mind for change that actually matters rather then as a "hero" who does something but is forgotten about in a few days. I wonder if he feels his role in law enforcement is a step towards having the kind of power to enact the changes he wants to make in the world?

I wonder if the eyecatch will change depending on the detective pair that is focused on in the episode ?

I'm curious if there'll be more drama mined from the fact that Seven-0 can't get involved with crimes or enforcing the law unless someone with Anthem is involved...

I guess the ending confirms that the blonde-haired and white-haired detectives are romantically involved given it has them leaning into a kiss...and we had Doug and Kirill monitoring a male couple (Kirill called their argument a "lovers quarrel"). I guess this series is intending to be reflective of the West enough to be a little more progressive with LGBT relationships then Japan would normally be .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I thought he kept the job because the Boss is simple-minded enough to think that "okay" is enough .
Old 2018-10-01, 06:57   Link #30
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

when Kirill said he wants to be Doug's "Double Decker" an actual Double Decker bus passed by them.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-01, 14:28   Link #31
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The second episode was just as fun as the first one. I'm really liking the comedy. When the Dolorean started transforming, I half expected it to start flying.

As for the serious bits, we learned some interesting things about Doug and Kirill.

Dunno, when Kirill brought it up, it looked like the chief'd been reminded of something he'd completely forgotten. And then covered it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faux Mecha View Post
when Kirill said he wants to be Doug's "Double Decker" an actual Double Decker bus passed by them.
I wonder if anyone heard him and thought it was an euphemism for sex stuff...
Old 2018-10-01, 16:57   Link #32
Dop
Mmmm....

I loved the second episode, it revels in its own silliness which is good. Was amused that Doug's car is basically a DeLorean.

I'm also amused that a show called "Double Decker" features what are basically some kind of Navalpunk version of the old Routemaster bus.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-01, 18:27   Link #33
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Dunno, when Kirill brought it up, it looked like the chief'd been reminded of something he'd completely forgotten. And then covered it up.
He probably forgot all about their bet, but I don't think the reason he kept Kirill was to cover the fact he forgot to fire him. He had everything ready for him.
Old 2018-10-02, 01:23   Link #34
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

What that tells me is that the chief forgot the bet almost as soon as it happened, prepared Kirill's new uniform, and once he'd done that, he couldn't very well fire him, could he?
Old 2018-10-02, 06:18   Link #35
drawr

I love how absurd the world and characters are. Everything about the character design betrayed my expectations in the best way.
drawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-07, 10:12   Link #36
wuhugm
Confused Shark

That bullet processing loading thing plagiarizes Final Fantasy Unlimited
In here however, the effect is lame, unlike Magan's Summons
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-07, 11:44   Link #37
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

not sure the unfortunate sounding name 'Harry Botom' is intentional here.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-07, 12:21   Link #38
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I don't know how to feel about the first two episodes. The pop culture references were funny but I feel like the rest of the comedy was obnoxious as fuck.

And what's with that weird arbitrary rule that says they can't intervene in a criminal case until they're sure it's past Phase 1?

And is this actually linked to Tiger & Bunny because I didn't see any connection.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-07, 15:34   Link #39
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Episode 3 was weaker than the previous two. What I liked the most were the Kay moments. She's more quirky than I thought she'd be.

That next episode preview... was this really all a misunderstanding and the dude simply resigned? Come to think of it, he's in the OP as a bartender, isn't he? They got me good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
And is this actually linked to Tiger & Bunny because I didn't see any connection.
We don't know. Given all the jokes about this being a detective show, not a hero show, and Kirill being delusional about becoming a hero, they're probably unrelated. Or maybe that's what they want us to think...
Old 2018-10-14, 15:13   Link #40
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So Derick really was fine. They even solved this whole plotline in like one minute when it was supposed to be the title of the episode
I'm loving the humor of this show.

This episode was about Travis' angels, but mostly about Kay and Deana. The reason she chose her as a partner was completely unexpected.

In other news, Doug is a dick.

Tags
detectives, police, super hero