AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-07, 07:27   Link #1
BluWacky
尻の竜

No. 6

New Bones anime for Noitamina premiering in July!

Website - http://www.no-6.jp/

Based on a novel series by Atsuko Asano, who wrote Telepathy Shoujo Ran (broadcast a few years back on NHK). Seems to be a dystopian sci-fi story according to the AnimeNewsNetwork report on the show; no further staff announced as yet, but the website has some nice graphic design.

Following in the footsteps of Eden of the East, THIS Noitamina show's Shakespeare quote is from Macbeth.

Anyone read the novels?
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 07:47   Link #2
Grim_Reaper

Oh, this look REALLY promising. Looking forward to watching it.
Grim_Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 07:54   Link #3
Tsuyukusa
King of Carrot Flowers

Well, color me interested.
Tsuyukusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 07:55   Link #4
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Noitamina really is hitting hard this year. All the better, really.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 07:56   Link #5
Kakkou
Tch.

It sounds interesting but what really got my attention was the website itself lol. I love the idea behind it's design and the free wallpaper with customisable colours is really neat.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 07:59   Link #6
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
BONES + Noitamina + Telepathy Shoujo Ran
I came.

IB4 The Prisoner quotes
Old 2011-01-07, 08:19   Link #7
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I doubt BONES is actually going to be animating this. If they are it would be very surprising, since they're already working on 3 series and a feature film throughout 2011. This is probably something like Chiko and Tokyo M8, where BONES contracts another studio to actually produce and animate it, based on their designs/story/pre-production ideas.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 08:29   Link #8
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Macbeth Summary: Act 5, scene 5

"Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."

the pic wrong spells "struts" huh... what's with the eye thingy though is this a broadway animu?
Old 2011-01-07, 08:40   Link #9
Tsuyukusa
King of Carrot Flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
the pic wrong spells "struts"
Heh, I didn't even notice that. How embarrassing...
Tsuyukusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 08:41   Link #10
Grim_Reaper

duckroll, Bones usually have 2 shows at the same time, and by july all their series will end. So they will have Towa no Kuon and No. 6.
Old 2011-01-07, 09:00   Link #11
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim_Reaper View Post
duckroll, Bones usually have 2 shows at the same time, and by july all their series will end. So they will have Towa no Kuon and No. 6.
It doesn't matter though. BONES has 4 studios, and each studio in general can only produce one series or movie at a time. They cannot immediately go from one series to the next with zero pre-production. It's not magic.

Star Driver will end in March. Which means the next C Studio series will not air until Fall 2011 or Spring 2012. Heroman ended in Sept 2010, and Gosick is only starting in Jan 2011. The reason why A Studio has such a fast lead time into Gosick is because by the time Heroman started airing in April 2010, they had already completed pretty much the entire series after spending 2 years on it. Since Star Driver is still being animated right now as we speak, we know this is not the case for C Studio.

D Studio is producing the new FMA movie, which will be out in July 2011. As such, it is impossible that D Studio is producing another series at the same time. B Studio is the only free studio which we know has not released anything since their Halo Legends short in Feb 2010. But since we have learned that Towa no Kuon is in production with a tentative completion date of Summer 2011 for the first episode (OVA?), it is unlikely that they are working on another series within the studio.

This is why I said the most likely scenario is that No.6 is being produced by a collaborative partner, and only being supervised creatively at BONES. This is how they handled Chiko (with Telecom) and Tokyo M8 (with Kinema Citrus).
Old 2011-01-07, 09:13   Link #12
Grim_Reaper

duckroll, now I get it. Thanks for explanation
Old 2011-01-07, 09:19   Link #13
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I wonder when FujiTV will announce the staff behind the Summer shows though. Both No.6 and Usagi Drop only list the studios, without any staff revealed. Kinda odd.
Old 2011-01-07, 10:33   Link #14
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

BONES (apparently not) + noitamina + dystopian setting = must watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I came.

IB4 The Prisoner quotes
I kinda thought it was going to be a Prisoner anime adaptation when I saw the title
The only other No.6 that comes to mind is

Spoiler:
Old 2011-01-08, 17:00   Link #15
vaden
0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Here's my best shot at translating the novel teaser summary in the Japanese Wikipedia article:
Quote:
September 7, 2013: The day Shion, a resident of the utopian city No. 6, turns 12 — but also a day that changes his destiny. That day, through an unexpected series of events, he meets a mysterious boy named "Mouse", who has just escaped from the Correctional Facility. Shion takes him in, but upon being discovered by the Bureau of Security, the pair are driven from the high-class No. 6 neighborhood of Kronos and into the Lost Town.

Four years later, Shion becomes enveloped in a string of strange incidents, meeting various people along the way. He slowly comes to realize the hidden underside of the ideal city, and the true form of No. 6 and its creators' intentions....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
the pic wrong spells "struts" huh...
Well, you've got to be consistent with Eden of the East's misspelling of "remorse" in its own opening Shakespeare quote.
vaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 13:46   Link #16
duckroll
綺羅星★!

http://www.no-6.jp

Minor update. The original character designs and concept designs are by toi8.

Spoiler for Main Visual:
Old 2011-02-10, 23:13   Link #17
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

noitaminA anime ill see this one for sure
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 09:39   Link #18
Kunagisa

After reading the first manga chapter, I find the plot very interesting ... though the BL undertone is a bit ridiculous.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 10:08   Link #19
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
After reading the first manga chapter, I find the plot very interesting ... though the BL undertone is a bit ridiculous.
Can elaborate a bit on the BL aspect? It's something I'll easily be able to overlook as long as the story is interesting, unless it's so ridiculous it undermines the plot itself. Is it that bad?
Old 2011-02-12, 10:31   Link #20
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Can elaborate a bit on the BL aspect? It's something I'll easily be able to overlook as long as the story is interesting, unless it's so ridiculous it undermines the plot itself. Is it that bad?
Depends on what you consider to be "that bad" I suppose. To not delve into any plot discussion, at least base on chapter 1, the undertone is a bit stronger than what you would find in xXxHoLic or GetBackers.

The plot is definitely engaging. Combination of futuristic sci-fi setting, mystery, and the breakdown of reality sort of story (maybe supernatural power even, which I'm only guessing if the ability shown is not technology based).
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction