Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-06-29, 13:29   Link #161
kamehameha455

I bet Shirato said ..."Sayonara"
kamehameha455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 14:02   Link #162
sayde

Didn't expect such a happy ending for some reason. But I'll gladly take it. This was a solid watch. Easily one of the biggest surprises of 2018 so far. I'm gonna have to give it an encore viewing sometime next week.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 21:22   Link #163
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

For me, it was a great run! The ending felt a little too anticlimatic for me. Don't get me wrong, I like the happy ending but I was expecting something more dramatic than Yuri being relegated to a wheelchair after a 1 year timeskip. I guess the commentary of the generals with regards to Yukiko really conveyed her strength and determination to win at all costs.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 12:39   Link #164
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Didn't expect such a happy ending for some reason. But I'll gladly take it. This was a solid watch. Easily one of the biggest surprises of 2018 so far. I'm gonna have to give it an encore viewing sometime next week.
I suppose the resolution with Fujimaki was the big point that determine if Megalo Box would end tragically or triumphantly. I'm really happy that the later occurred even wasn't quite as dramatic one was expecting. Personally after ep 12 I wouldn't have even minded if Joe lost the fight because at that point he finally made to point where he have his match with Yuri and give it everything he got. That alone would forfilled him. Winning or drawing is just icing on cake here closure wise to a truly fantastic series. This easily occupies the 2nd spot of my top 3 series this season just behind Hinamatsuri but above Golden Kamuy.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 13:51   Link #165
Jaden

It's somehow nice that none of the main characters died, despite the show being so dark.

Joe's not in a wheelchair, but I still feel like he's so F'd up from the tournament that he can't ever perform on that level again. I mean, that's always the reason fighters retire. It's never "oh man, that fight was so perfect there's just no point in continuing anymore"
Old 2018-06-30, 19:35   Link #166
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I guess the ending is supposed to be left at to the viewers' interpretation. Joe could comeback to boxing or just live quiet until training his own boxer like what happened with Stallone's films.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 20:22   Link #167
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
I suppose the resolution with Fujimaki was the big point that determine if Megalo Box would end tragically or triumphantly.
I never thought about it, but I see your point.

Quote:
Personally after ep 12 I wouldn't have even minded if Joe lost the fight because at that point he finally made to point where he have his match with Yuri and give it everything he got. That alone would forfilled him. Winning or drawing is just icing on cake here closure wise to a truly fantastic series.
I couldn't agree more since that's sort of what I was predicting to see for most of the series. A Rocky part 1 ending where Joe wins on a personal level (despite losing) by proving to himself he was able to go the distance against someone more experienced (and in this case) better equipped. However, once I saw Yuri ditch the tech, that's when I started anticipating a different outcome.

Quote:
This easily occupies the 2nd spot of my top 3 series this season just behind Hinamatsuri but above Golden Kamuy.
A close friend of mine coincidentally happened to demand I watch Golden Kamuy today. So seeing you vouch for it has made me even more excited to check it out.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boxing, sports