Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-26, 07:27   Link #14081
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
She tried to do it at school, too, without orders, before Lelouch stopped her.

Note, I don't particularly care about her "sins", except maybe supporting Schneizel, but whatever.

Her self-righteousness, however, does get to me.
Oh right, have forgotten about that one. "^^
God, S1 Kallen totally worshipped Zero or what? XD

Srsly though, sometimes Kallen acts without much thinking, she lets her emotions over-power her and stuff. I guess i have to agree with your previous point about her being alright with whatever shit Zero did S1 with hostages and stuff and now she is all mariah to Lulu.
However she made it clear in S1 epi 13 discussion with Zero that she does this to make an impact in the world and change it. She was at Zero's side at that time so she could kinda make sure "innocent" people won't get screwed at least? Something like this.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 07:49   Link #14082
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post

Srsly though, sometimes Kallen acts without much thinking, she lets her emotions over-power her and stuff.
Obviously yes. And it's part of her character. Some may like it, others may not.
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 07:51   Link #14083
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
Obviously yes. And it's part of her character. Some may like it, others may not.
Well sometimes i like it but when shewas ready to stab Suzaku in the eyes in S1, nope. Did not like it at all. {but damn, she makes up for everything piloting the Guren so yeah. XD}
Old 2008-09-26, 08:05   Link #14084
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Copying some very old user comment from 2chan ZeroQ1 thread. I've sketchily read through all of them (not that I understand much), and felt the shift from delight to faith, then to the current disappointment and despair.

ルルーシュとカレンの関係って本当に人間的だよなぁ
泣いて、笑って、怒って、嫉妬して、誤解して、失望して、軽蔑して、励まして。
人が持つ感情のあらゆる面がやりとりされてる気がする。

"The relationship between Lelouch and Kallen was something very human.
There were tears, laughs, anger, jealousy, disappointment, misunderstanding, disdain and encouragement.
It covered many aspects of human emotions.(<-not sure about this sentence)"

Hmm, I changed it to past tense~
Old 2008-09-26, 08:28   Link #14085
bran
h e a d s h o t

Quote:
Well sometimes i like it but when shewas ready to stab Suzaku in the eyes in S1, nope. Did not like it at all. {but damn, she makes up for everything piloting the Guren so yeah. XD}
read my comment on the previous page..

Quote:
She continued to follow the Black Knight, who've been allied with Schneizel pretty much since they sold Lelouch to him, and never once had a qualm that was related to what Schneizel did. Doubts about whether Lelouch was a bad guy or not, yes. Doubts about the morality of helping a city-killer like Schneizel? None.
ok why are we blaming kallen for being in oobk
that's where she belongs for the sake of her brother's dream
she did really not follow orders a lot
xinke was trying to keep her in formation while they were fighting
but why do we have to blame kallen
with the same logic i'd ask why ouhgi and xinke decided to ally with shneizel
and xinke even gave shneizel the command over their army
as for having doubts if lelouch is bad or good she could only assume he wants power, domination over the world which is exactly the opposite he was fighting for when he was zero - freedom (and don't say he was actually fighting for nunally cause they don't really know that)
even i was like "wtf lelouch you bastard" after ep.22 looking at kaguya crying cause she's forced into submission
after all he did they could only assume they were used by lelouch in order for him to attain power

Farewell...and thank you.
bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 08:28   Link #14086
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
When Suzaku fought the KoR forces, only Gino and Bismarck had custom frames. The others were piloting weak Sutherlands. Even Gino and Bismarck had (and still do in Gino's case) inferior frames that got wrecked. Bismarck was only able to keep up through Geass, and that door closed when Suzaku pushed his machine even further. The Black Knights are also piloting inferior frames.

As for your scorecard, Kallen killed Luciano, also a KoR and in a custom frame, wrecked Suzaku in the Conquista (had he not had FLEIJA, he'd be dead), and has killed far more grunts than he has. In addition, I don't see Suzaku using his wings to cut, a skill Kallen has demonstrated twice now. Kallen has also demonstrated the pinball skill to kill many people. Suzaku blew up Dorothea and hasn't done anything similar sense. Kallen has a much better handle on the tech than he does.

this is my last on the matter and i will wait until Sunday. the advantage that she has against him is that little gum line and also that he fought a slew of enemies/named characters. he has to be a little tired.

oh okay, she killed Luciano and defeated Suzaku when she received her blasted Gurren with wings which is way more powerful 9th generation frame and yet you blast Suzaku about his accomplishment just because his opponents frames were a little less advanced? oh dear, that doesnt even help your case!

yep, only two named characters. when Kallen recieved her Guren Seiten, it was just too blasted advanced for anyone....Suzaku even mentioned that the machine potential was too great even for his. that alone should just tell you right there! that 9th generation frame is just too much, however Suzaku like I said before had to face a bunch of name characters at the same time along with the grunts and also Gino in close combat with an importance of making Lelouch get to Nunnally and before that, he had to swing Lelouch to the fotress!

yep, so far you only mentioned two and dont bother blasted discussing how Suzaku was just jumped by a bunch of named characters!!!! sorry killing grunts dont mean crap!! they are just there to be used and abused. I have not seen anything that makes me believe that Kallen is a better pilot than Suzaku.

yep, so Kallen used her pinball to kill, yet Suzaku used his wings with shots coming out that killed a bunch grunts like she did! dude please, your hatred for Suzaku is greater than anyone I encounter! he has accomplished more than she did so far after receiving the wings. and again, Killing grunts means crap.

Quote:
He wasn't going that serious? Please. Now you're just making things up. He was out to kill Lelouch and anyone in his way. Only when he had the distinct advantage did he even bother to ask more questions.

As for the battle itself, if they were on the ground, that arm loss would not have been as bad, because she'd still be up close and he'd still be short an arm. he took to the sky the moment he hit the arm so she couldn't retaliate.
[/quote]

he dominated and controlledthe fight he was trying to get answers from her! he wanted know who was zero and also where he was. if he already knew, Kallen will of certainly been defeated sooner.

she was mainly on the defense with the exception of the little offensive move that you ONLY mentioned and then immidiately took out her main arm which is so blasted important to her since she likes to use it.

yeah it would laster longer if it is on the ground, though losing her radiation arm was certainly more costly than Suzaku losing his arm since she likes using that and it was her main choice of weapon. sooner or later she would of been defeated anyway since he can still shoot from a distance using his Varis gun. not too mentioned he still could of picked up his sword again.
Old 2008-09-26, 08:33   Link #14087
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bran View Post
read my comment on the previous page..

ok why are we blaming kallen for being in oobk
that's where she belongs for the sake of her brother's dream
she did really not follow orders a lot
xinke was trying to keep her in formation while they were fighting
but why do we have to blame kallen
with the same logic i'd ask why ouhgi and xinke decided to ally with shneizel
and xinke even gave shneizel the command over their army
as for having doubts if lelouch is bad or good she could only assume he wants power, domination over the world which is exactly the opposite he was fighting for when he was zero - freedom (and don't say he was actually fighting for nunally cause they don't really know that)
even i was like "wtf lelouch you bastard" after ep.22 looking at kaguya crying cause she's forced into submission
after all he did they could only assume they were used by lelouch in order for him to attain power
Well, yes, for the record, I also think they're morons to follow Schneizel. Ougi, in particular, is an ungrateful prick. But this thread isn't about them.

As for Lelouch's actions... Eh. Just using the same logic he used when he kidnapped Tian Zi.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 08:56   Link #14088
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

What in the world are you talking about? The spoiler pics are what appear to be primarily recap pictures from previous episodes? I'm not understanding what you mean. The one picture with the Kallen is so small, I'm not sure if theres anything to be worried or positive about O_o
kir44n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 10:36   Link #14089
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Well, yes, for the record, I also think they're morons to follow Schneizel. Ougi, in particular, is an ungrateful prick. But this thread isn't about them.

As for Lelouch's actions... Eh. Just using the same logic he used when he kidnapped Tian Zi.
For the record, they aren't technically following Schneizel. Schneizel sought asylum within the UFN. Right now he's a prince w/ no nation; sure he has some big ass bombs, but needs the BKs to have an army. He appears to be a lesser threat (Xing Ke, at least, doesn't trust him). Right now, Lelouch appears to be the greater threat because they don't know that Schneizel is (or was) intending to go into space and rule the world w/ fear. Lelouch is using an army of mind slaves to take over the world and that threat IS known, so while their excepting help from Schneizel, they are temporary allies at best.
Old 2008-09-26, 10:44   Link #14090
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
For the record, they aren't technically following Schneizel. Schneizel sought asylum within the UFN. Right now he's a prince w/ no nation;
He's got his big ass flying fortress and his city killing bombs.

Quote:
sure he has some big ass bombs, but needs the BKs to have an army. He appears to be a lesser threat (Xing Ke, at least, doesn't trust him).
He trusts him enough to leave him alone, unsupervised in that fortress of his, doing whatever he wants with his bombs. And accessorily, to follow his commands. How much more trusting can he get?

Quote:
Right now, Lelouch appears to be the greater threat because they don't know that Schneizel is (or was) intending to go into space and rule the world w/ fear.
That's why they're moronic rather than corrupt.

Quote:
Lelouch is using an army of mind slaves to take over the world and that threat IS known, so while their excepting help from Schneizel, they are temporary allies at best.
And knowing that, they let him have his superwepons, and help him kill the one guy who can help them. Brilliant.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 10:44   Link #14091
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

I got some flack for what I said about Kallen earlier, so I'm going to reiterate what I've said a couple of times already. When Lelouch was Zero Kallen had no qualms about the methods used to obtain results. Taking Tianzi hostage was cool, but now that he's Emperor it's not! Wow, talk about hypocrisy!
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 10:50   Link #14092
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
I got some flack for what I said about Kallen earlier, so I'm going to reiterate what I've said a couple of times already. When Lelouch was Zero Kallen had no qualms about the methods used to obtain results. Taking Tianzi hostage was cool, but now that he's Emperor it's not! Wow, talk about hypocrisy!
When she was with Lelouch, she knew that Lelouch had no intention of harming Tian Zi in any way, shape or form or else, yeah, she would have had problems with it. Plus, she knew that the goal of the plan was to expose the corruption of the Eunech's to the Chinese people.

Now, she thinks that everything Lelouch told her was a lie, and that he's willing to Geass entire legions of soldiers into fighting for him and taking over the world. She has no idea that Lelouch hasn't betrayed her and has a higher purpose for what he's doing, otherwise, she would reexamine what he's doing with that in mind.

The context of things are as important as the actions themselves.
Old 2008-09-26, 10:51   Link #14093
Inferno Phoenyx
Team No Feelings

Just throwing this out there: Has anyone considered Kallen using her gumline to Lelouch before he Geasses Nunally, or something like that. Sorry, can't type anymore, class is over in 2 minutes. :[
Inferno Phoenyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 10:53   Link #14094
bran
h e a d s h o t

Quote:
and kallen knows the current lelouch actions lead to a good result how?
considering his actions speak bad and he didn't answer any of her questions
are you going to embrace a tyrant who wants to rule the world?
i think not
zero was fighting for freedom
lelouch for world domination (exactly the opposite)
he may have something else in mind doing those but they don't know it
it's what they see that's important

Farewell...and thank you.
bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 10:54   Link #14095
incorrupts
Banned

There are a lot of possibilities about Kallen's gumline but i think, that if her gumline is not directed to Lulu and it is not about her feelings{resolve or not} then what was the point in all R2?
Old 2008-09-26, 10:56   Link #14096
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Quote:
There are a lot of possibilities about Kallen's gumline but i think, that if her gumline is not directed to Lulu and it is not about her feelings{resolve or not} then what was the point in all R2?
Baiting Kallen fanboys/fangirls and let them buy the awesome PVC stuff?
Old 2008-09-26, 10:56   Link #14097
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
When she was with Lelouch, she knew that Lelouch had no intention of harming Tian Zi in any way, shape or form or else, yeah, she would have had problems with it. Plus, she knew that the goal of the plan was to expose the corruption of the Eunech's to the Chinese people.

Now, she thinks that everything Lelouch told her was a lie, and that he's willing to Geass entire legions of soldiers into fighting for him and taking over the world. She has no idea that Lelouch hasn't betrayed her and has a higher purpose for what he's doing, otherwise, she would reexamine what he's doing with that in mind.

The context of things are as important as the actions themselves.
LOL so when she's with him she somehow knows all his plans despite him never actually telling her all there is to them? For example, at the babel tower she didn't know what his plan was until it was carried out and he explained it to her. She wasn't very bright and couldn't see that Calares was a goner when the tower collapsed. It's highly unlikely that she knew what he was doing with Tianzi either.

She's so stupid it hurts to think about what she does. When Lelouch was a monster, fighting for his own selfish interests she follows blindly. When the guy sets that aside and actually tries to do something good she starts thinking harder to see the "evil" intentions behind his actions...She's a moron.
Old 2008-09-26, 10:59   Link #14098
El_Negro
Smurfee

Quote:
I could say the same for all the other OotBK members, come on for all we know he could've fully disclosed his plans on getting the CF to join the Black Knights cause, besides Kaguya didn't bitch about Zero holding a gun to her best friends' head, if he didn't disclosed this plan of making Tian-Zi hostage, Kaguya would most certianly disapprove as well as other members who would question his actions which would lead to an early betrayal.

Just admit it u hate Kallen and u want Suzaku to kick her ass!!!
El_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 11:00   Link #14099
El_Negro
Smurfee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
Baiting Kallen fanboys/fangirls and let them buy the awesome PVC stuff?
Taniguichi's a fucking genius
El_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 11:01   Link #14100
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bran View Post
and kallen knows the current lelouch actions lead to a good result how?
considering his actions speak bad and he didn't answer any of her questions
are you going to embrace a tyrant who wants to rule the world?
i think not
zero was fighting for freedom
lelouch for world domination
he may have something else in mind doing those but they don't know it
it's what they see that's important
Wrong, Zero was fighting for two selfish reasons. 1) Find out who murdered Marianne and exact revenge on them and 2) create a world where Nunnaly can live happy. Lelouch is now fighting for the world Nunnaly and Euphy wanted, so the fight is no longer about HIS own personal desires, but that of everyone. He's even said it, he can't treat Nunnaly special anymore because what they're doing is bigger than a single person's desires.