AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 63 Rating
Perfect 10 57 72.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 21.52%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 1.27%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.27%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-30, 03:34   Link #61
Yushi

It's not possible for normal people to just give up your gate to get back what you lost. Because without the gate, you can't go back XD Ed only got to go back beacuse his gate was connected to Al's gate, hence Truth saying "The back door is over there" (Al's door = the back door). So they were able to leave through Al's door.
So this solution would only work for Ed and nobody else~
Old 2010-06-30, 04:28   Link #62
GrimJack

very good point, I never thought of it this way and... oops almost spoiled better shut my mouth
Old 2010-06-30, 05:00   Link #63
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
News flash... Without alchemy, Ed is no longer a state alchemist, and thus no longer gainfully employed. Meanwhile, she's a talented automail engineer with the kind of contacts that would gain her an inside edge on lucrative government contracts. If anything, his income will depend upon her... ^_^

Which of course means... (cue Tomokazu Sugita...)

Himo himo himo, himo himooooo...
Himo himo himo, himo himooooooo~
Hello, he is a freaking hero now. Just awaiting promotion to at least a general and will be staring at an insane paycheck / pension. He will have so much moolah that it will make winry look like a golddigger.
Old 2010-06-30, 07:08   Link #64
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
Hopefully it will play out that way. Now the thing is .. did Ed get his full body back to normal or did he just get Al to come back? If so, then Winry is down one client.
No. The leg was the price for trying to transmutate his mother. The only reason he got his arm back was because Al did a "return" with his soul. Ed bought one soul with his arm but it was returned so he got the arm back. They don't have anything to return for his leg, so it's gone.

I think. They didn't show it, but that's my take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yushi View Post
It's not possible for normal people to just give up your gate to get back what you lost. Because without the gate, you can't go back XD Ed only got to go back beacuse his gate was connected to Al's gate, hence Truth saying "The back door is over there" (Al's door = the back door). So they were able to leave through Al's door.
So this solution would only work for Ed and nobody else~
Is that so? Bummer for Mustang. I thought for sure he'd go and do the same thing.

Why were their doors connected? Because they were brothers?
Old 2010-06-30, 07:10   Link #65
Setsuna.F.Seiei
Gundam Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasj19 View Post
couldze u typ n engrish plz?

I am going to assume its recorded straight from an HD TV. If you are worried about quality. I suggest pre-ordering the Blu-Rays.
thanks!! sorry about my english......going to pre-order the bluerays...is so worth it!!!
Old 2010-06-30, 08:32   Link #66
Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Why were their doors connected? Because they were brothers?
IIRC, it's because they transmuted their mother together. Since Ed and Al worked the same circle when they were sent through their Gates, this linked their souls.
Old 2010-06-30, 18:43   Link #67
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
BTW did we just missed something important for those you're manga readers out there?
no not really...
There was a slight thing, like mustang mentionign why Ed would not sacrifice himself for Al, but that's not too important...

There's still more to go before we are finished, but we got one last episode which should give us the epilogue
Old 2010-07-01, 01:15   Link #68
OkamiNoKaze

Wow, great episode, what a fantastic resolution to almost everything. I wonder though if there's a loop hole in that maybe Ed could learn Eastern Alchemy? I'm glad I wasn't the only one to have Homunculus remind them of Pac-Man.
Old 2010-07-02, 06:12   Link #69
GrimJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
I wonder though if there's a loop hole in that maybe Ed could learn Eastern Alchemy?
No without the gate any Alchemy is impossible for him, but he remains Ed and has many other resources at hand.

Another thing that bothered me about the anime is that in the Manga Mei hugs Alphonse first before Hohenhiem shakes his hand. I don't know why they would change this. this may be a minor point but very noticeable to me.
Old 2010-07-02, 08:15   Link #70
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
Another thing that bothered me about the anime is that in the Manga Mei hugs Alphonse first before Hohenhiem shakes his hand. I don't know why they would change this. this may be a minor point but very noticeable to me.
I actually sort of liked this change. One thing that didn't make complete sense to me in the manga is Al got a spark after touching Hohenheim and it seemed that this happened because it was the first human touch he had since getting his body back. But in reality that hug from Mei would have been the first (this was a minor issue for me but it still seemed odd).

Of course they didn't show Al getting the spark in the anime so in that sense it doesn't matter that they changed it.
Old 2010-07-03, 03:11   Link #71
Sylphonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
No without the gate any Alchemy is impossible for him, but he remains Ed and has many other resources at hand.

the past few episodes and this one had been ridden of funny faces from manga like when olivier argues with greed and when Al grabs hohenheim's hand. alex's sparkles' still preserved though.
Old 2010-07-03, 17:08   Link #72
Sir-Nemesis

Fma forever!!!
Old 2010-07-04, 00:14   Link #73
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Only less than few hours to see the epilogue of this show! Finally, the war is over. All those homonculus are finally gone for good & Everything is finally move on.

I hope you guys should open the new EP64 (FINAL) thread ASAP.
Old 2010-07-04, 18:51   Link #74
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode LXIII: The Other Side of the Gate

So this is it!

The final outcome between Father and the Alchemists.

The ride kept at the verge of my seat for several key episodes, and throughout the trek I watched the tragedies and pull-throughs that our heroes along with their allies came through.

Spoiler:

Spoiler for Father's Fate:

Spoiler for Ed's Answer:
Old 2010-08-07, 01:42   Link #75
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
EP63 recall again.

Spoiler for Final message to Hoenheim:

Spoiler for Final Message to the Bastard Flask:
Closed Thread