AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 14 25.93%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 40.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 25.93%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-25, 22:58   Link #41
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

In death, there is equality and peace.
Old 2012-11-25, 23:08   Link #42
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
oh kouki.
you just had to start the episode with" September 21. 2001. 9:11am"
is this referencing the 9/11 attack or what.
Yeah, that was a super obvious reference.

I have to say, I didn't expect this at all. Looks like Muv-luv will end with a bang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAquarion View Post
In death, there is equality and peace.
Does that mean the terrorist's plan is to kill everyone on earth?
Old 2012-11-25, 23:20   Link #43
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post

Does that mean the terrorist's plan is to kill everyone on earth?
BETA: Come to us! Embrace the peace and justice that is NOM!
Old 2012-11-25, 23:25   Link #44
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
BETA: Come to us! Embrace the peace and justice that is NOM!
You can all live together as one, in peace and harmony... in our stomachs.

Poor Natalie, getting to be friends with the people she'd have to shoot at later. Though there was the inappropriately-funny irony of both Yuuya and the other RLF guy saying "She's talking too much" both pre- and post-mortem.
Old 2012-11-25, 23:51   Link #45
Trajan
Six Shooter

So apparently in the world of Muv-Luv Humvees don't have run-flats and run on gasoline
Old 2012-11-25, 23:56   Link #46
shinigami99

dat ED man, just dat ED. The tune is so great, and it just seems really powerful even though nothing much is "happening"

How much you want to bet that even though Yui/Yuuya are supposed to be the OTP, the series will end without them confessing to each other? I just feel they're going to tease so that people have to buy the VN.
Old 2012-11-25, 23:59   Link #47
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

time for the roller coaster ride .... ALA Kouki style .... ( Saw Kouki doing Gangnam style and continue to troll the viewers ......)
Old 2012-11-26, 00:07   Link #48
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigami99 View Post
dat ED man, just dat ED. The tune is so great, and it just seems really powerful even though nothing much is "happening"

How much you want to bet that even though Yui/Yuuya are supposed to be the OTP, the series will end without them confessing to each other? I just feel they're going to tease so that people have to buy the VN.
Lets see if they survive first. Would not put it pass them to end it with a Bang.

Yui: I love you Yuuya
Yuuya: I love you too... mata-nie
*SDS button push*

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-11-26, 00:12   Link #49
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Well no wonder we had so many lighthearted episodes, probably tried to butter us up just for the complete emotional rollercoaster we're about to ride. Folks about to start dying left and right. I swear, if you kill my baby Stella, I'm gonna flip some damn tables.

And I actually liked the comedy/Harem aspects of the show, since its my type of genre anyway, so seeing shit hit the fan really makes me appreciate the good times they had, cause its LONG gone now. I had my hand over my eyes the entire time Tarisa/Chobi was talking, I swear I thought they were gonna pop one in her head....If we can at least keep all Harem members alive at the end of this...I'll manage. But I'm gonna go mad if a harem member or even Yuuya goes down..
Old 2012-11-26, 00:19   Link #50
novalysis

This episode is the core of what Muv Luv is about right? Harem and Hijincks juxtaposed among blood and carnage and war.... the lightest hearted of genres meeting the darkest and grimmest of genres anime has to offer.

Best episode yet, hands down. (Besides Episode 2.) And better still and sweeter still, the harem comedy has paid off dividends, in contrasting it with the real nature of the Muv-Luv universe.

Seriously, without it's more cliche antics more usually seen in Harem VNs, I think Muv Luv looses it's charm and uniqueness distinguishing it from other Seinens.

Are they ending with 26 episodes, or do they have more planned? It sounds strange that they are releasing a new OP so close to the end, if this is 26 episodes.

In-fact, it just feels like the plot is kicking into high gear again (although the Kamchankta arc probably was the first High Gear Arc, and the Blue Flag Harem Arc an Interlude between that and this current arc).
Old 2012-11-26, 00:19   Link #51
Red_Zeal_Knight

Damn this episode was a good twist don't see that coming
Sad but isn't east or south aisa is worst state than europe?
Old 2012-11-26, 00:23   Link #52
Hakumen
Sankishin

Actually, Europe is in a much more worse condition. Everything but the British Isles have fallen to the BETA. Japan and other south east asian countries are still hanging in there thanks to the joint efforts of COSEAN, UN, and U.S..
Old 2012-11-26, 00:26   Link #53
tsunade666

well after for so darn long. I finally remembered the this series is muv luv alternative total eclipse. It mostly reminds me of extra to some extent altered fable that I even forget the people who live in this verse are twisted beyond saving that even Takeru in the end accepted that this is how this world works.

The date is september and a month from this is the arrival of the savior but this is not the time to talk about that but time to talk about shitty people doing sh*t stuff -_- back stabbing at its best.

Though I got the feeling that total eclipse would be more into humanities fight against each other like the the day after because even the new op with the OH AWESOME BERKUT! is still full of mechs and lacks of beta. Even if this idiotic IRL are probably planning to release the BETA to attack the eishi. For me its a reused plan and it didn't give much impact.

Impact! Impact! Impact! from robotic;notes.
Old 2012-11-26, 00:38   Link #54
shinigami99

Wait, I want to confirm with you guys: This show is gonna be 26 episodes right? I've been thinking for the last few weeks that it was 24 eps for some reason. So I've been wondering how they could wrap it up with only 4 eps. However, with 6 episodes, it definitely allows for more build-up. Can't wait for the drama.

My body is ready. (for now)
Old 2012-11-26, 01:06   Link #55
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Best episode yet, hands down. (Besides Episode 2.) And better still and sweeter still, the harem comedy has paid off dividends, in contrasting it with the real nature of the Muv-Luv universe.

Seriously, without it's more cliche antics more usually seen in Harem VNs, I think Muv Luv looses it's charm and uniqueness distinguishing it from other Seinens.
This person gets it....great analysis and I agree completely.

It gave us a sense a comfort, just like the characters felt. We were able to explore relationship curiosities and just have overall fun laughing at the funny times, and now, reality bitch slaps us in the face.

All dreams must come to an end..... May the anime creators have mercy on these characters soul...
Old 2012-11-26, 01:27   Link #56
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Unfortunately, there are only enough weeks left in the calender year for 4 episodes, so 24 eps. Its been set in ANN and a few other sites as 24 eps as well.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-11-26, 01:33   Link #57
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

So they wasted 3 episodes with pointless crap and now we have only 4 episodes left for a decent conclusion of the story? I'm seriously mad now.
Old 2012-11-26, 01:40   Link #58
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Well alot of shit can happen in 2 hours. Look at how many died in 15 mins this ep...
Lets just wait and see what happens, and have a Happy New Year...

Old 2012-11-26, 01:43   Link #59
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

4 episodes are not even close to 2 hours...
Old 2012-11-26, 01:45   Link #60
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

80 mins then.

Still, at least they didn't blow up all the TSFs, else they would be reduced to this:

Last edited by grevierr; 2012-11-26 at 01:59.
Closed Thread