AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-09-24, 16:08   Link #281
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
So it means that in the ps3 version , they didn't beat the empire , just max ?
because its take place after the war .
The new villains in this game aren't from the Empire but Gallians. They are a group of Revolutionaries who want to overthrow the Gallian Government & start an Ethnic Cleansing campaign against those of Dasrcen descent.
Old 2009-09-24, 22:24   Link #282
Neovoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
So it means that in the ps3 version , they didn't beat the empire , just max ?
because its take place after the war .
Spoiler for VC:
Neovoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 09:44   Link #283
Moonsilver

Not sure if this has been posted yet but here is some questions and answers about valkyria chronicles 2 at TGS 2009.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/...yer-confirmed/
Moonsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 19:31   Link #284
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Sorry to say, but those new antagonist designs look absolutely horrid. I'll probably get used to them in due time though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb075 View Post
“So far it seems like most of the fans are really just happy to see the series continue – and, if VCII sells well, it means a much greater chance that the series can pick up again back on a larger console, like the PS3.”
http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-6...-Playstation-3

I have made up my mind to buy VC2 in order to realize that.
Purchasing the game was set in stone from the very beginning, but that's still a great incentive for those who loved the original and wish to see it back on the consoles. If you truly want to support the series, then you know what you have to do now. It's true what Aaron Webber said though, I'm just happy to see the series continue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
And you miss out the most important info at hand. The Game will be out on 21st of Jan. Those who pre order the game will recieve special PV, a soundtrack and a code to unlock a special guest character.
That release date is for the Japanese version I am assuming of course, so now comes the choice of pre-ordering the Japanese version for all the nifty extra stuff. There's a possibility that all the bonus stuff will also be made as pre-order items or a special package for the U.S. version, but it doesn't seem too likely. At the same time, importing is expensive, and I don't want to have two copies lying about. The tough decisions that SEGA puts me through sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You know that would be amazing. Admit it.
I'll gladly admit it, Sonic would be the only Scout that I would use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonsilver View Post
Not sure if this has been posted yet but here is some questions and answers about valkyria chronicles 2 at TGS 2009.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/...yer-confirmed/
The biggest thing that caught my eye is the addition of multiplayer. Thank you Capcom.
Old 2009-09-26, 07:44   Link #285
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Seems that there'll be Welkin , Alicia and some more in squad 7 .

Maybe i'll play this one even though i didn't play the ps3 version .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 09:06   Link #286
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
I think the anime style is more due to engine limitations given that the PSP has nowhere near the rendering power of the PS3.

That being said I had to repeat the footage at around 1:45 before saying "No no no no no no!"

Bayonets close combat attacks = Yes please.

Halberds in a fight with guns = WHY THE HELL?!

Goddamn it Japan! Keep your fricken samurai to yourselves!
Halbert? Looks more like your average over sized anime sword, in which case they might have based the idea off this guy.

On the new antagonists, no real complaints apart from armor-guy looking a tad silly. But if his armor turns out to be Maximillian's experiments pushed further, that'd make him a nice tie-in.

I'm a bit in conflict over the old man's sunglasses. One one hand, they look cool. On the other hand, he looks pretty damn cool without them too.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 10:00   Link #287
Neovoid

And plus its a VIDEO GAME. Most of your characters are resilient to enemy fire and can take a few hits before going down. Most of us including myself have tried Combat Knife only run in COD4 and COD WAW with the exception of using firearms when only the plot dictates (e.i. taking out tanks and sniping). It was hard especially at higher difficulties, but not impossible.

As for the Antagonists, in VC we fought against a evil Emperor Lelouch and his Witch. I have a feeling we'll be fighting something along the lines of the Zabi Family from the OYW. So Sieg Gallia?
Neovoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 02:46   Link #288
kalbron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Halbert? Looks more like your average over sized anime sword, in which case they might have based the idea off this guy.
From what I saw of the weapon there was a clear section at the top which was a black/dark grey colour, and the rest was a light brown. So it may well be a sword, but to me it looks like a polearm. Probably a naginata or however you spell it.
kalbron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 03:18   Link #289
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Actually, the majority is a silver color, with only the hilt being dark brown:

Clearly a sword. A ridiculously oversized sword, but then Japan always has seemed to be of the opinion European weapons were large and brutish.

I myself am more pleasantly surprised that it seems to be a girl wielding that thing.
Old 2009-09-27, 12:17   Link #290
Snowman24

^A Darcsen girl at that, judging by the color of her hair and seems her eyes are the dark blue as well
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 13:31   Link #291
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman24 View Post
^A Darcsen girl at that, judging by the color of her hair and seems her eyes are the dark blue as well
If that's the case then I can bear with the oversized sword!
Need moar Darcsen chicks
don_Durandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 23:51   Link #292
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Out of curiosity, but has there been any news about changes in the point system? I had hoped they would change that glaring weakness, and reward tactical actions (such as giving points for flanking the enemy, hitting them from behind, targeting their weak spots, using grenades and flamethrowers for dealing with units in cover, capturing all points and clearing the map of all enemies) rather than how fast you can run towards the final flag.
Old 2009-09-28, 07:31   Link #293
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I'm not sure you could reward some of those things. It'd be too hard to calculate (like flanking the enemy). Perhaps more points for shooting them before they notice you, though (the blue line indicates that they don't know you're there).

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 08:24   Link #294
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

It's actually quite simple, flanking can be calculated by the route your characters take (do you take the bushes and sideroads, or charge straight through). Direction is already in the game (enemies you shoot from behind don't shoot back, remember?) so adding points for that is simple. Targeting the weakspots is also easy. You'd get more points for hitting a tank's radiation then you get for hitting it several times from the front.

Grenades and flamethrowers on units in cover is pretty self explanatory. As is capturing all points and clearing the map of all enemies.

The finishing touch would then be to lower the score for the amount of turns you take to complete it. Not remove it, of course, but I always found it ridiculous that the only way to get an A in a tactical RPG was to make a blind dash to the goal, sometimes straight through enemy lines, throw a grenade or two, and capture it in as few turns as possible.
Old 2009-09-28, 08:27   Link #295
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Direction is already in the game (enemies you shoot from behind don't shoot back, remember?) so adding points for that is simple. Targeting the weakspots is also easy. .
No, enemies you shot from behind or from anywhere out of their sight angle would panic (sweat lines would flash above the head) and the accuracy of their return fire was lessened.

But I too would like to see some of the improvements you've mentioned.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 10:33   Link #296
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
No, enemies you shot from behind or from anywhere out of their sight angle would panic (sweat lines would flash above the head) and the accuracy of their return fire was lessened.
Really? Could've sworn they only turn around... Oh well, I stand corrected. It's been a while since I played anyway.
Old 2009-09-28, 20:39   Link #297
JagdPanther

Quote:
Really? Could've sworn they only turn around... Oh well, I stand corrected. It's been a while since I played anyway.
You must've quit the action immediately after firing. If you do it fast enough you can prevent return fire, but they'll still lob off interception fire if you don't quit the action after attacking from behind.

Old 2009-09-29, 04:21   Link #298
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
You must've quit the action immediately after firing. If you do it fast enough you can prevent return fire, but they'll still lob off interception fire if you don't quit the action after attacking from behind.
No I'm positive if you attack from behind they still get to counter attack it's just with lessened accuracy.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 04:57   Link #299
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
No I'm positive if you attack from behind they still get to counter attack it's just with lessened accuracy.
Yep that's happened to me quite a few times.
Old 2009-09-29, 07:06   Link #300
JagdPanther

Quote:
Okay, my bad, you're right. I was thinking that as I typed it, but for some reason I said otherwise.