AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 26 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 27 21.60%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 15.20%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 24.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 17.60%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 8.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 4.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.60%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.80%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.80%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 5.60%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-21, 05:28   Link #361
arkhangelsk

First point ... this rant looks more appropriate in Overall Impressions...
Old 2007-11-21, 05:36   Link #362
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Here's something that really bothered me...WHY THE HELL ONLY TWO CHARACTERS DIED!!!! I mean seriously, only Regius and Zest died in this series! Bloodshed was kept on a down low until those two died.
Nanoha was never a bloodthirsty anime to start with. But if that satisfies you, Due died also and so did the 3 brains. Vita was close to death and Fate would have lost as well if Spaghetti would have been smart enough not to make a comm link between her and Caro/Erio. Finally Spaghetti should have died too, but Fate preferred to score a home run instead.
Old 2007-11-21, 05:56   Link #363
arkhangelsk

Quote:
I mean c'mon, they sleep in the same bed, BUT ON OPPOSITE SIDES OF IT!!! If anything, the should be doing one of two things:

1: Share the middle of the bed
2: Share one side of the bed

Because that was a bummer.

Although yes the smiles and such was cute, I really wondered why the hell they developed the bond between Nanoha and Fate so much during Nanoha and A's, and yet when StrikerS came along, their relationship was shafted, along with the notion of character development for all of them.
I think many will disagree with your idea that advancement in the homosexual direction is a good idea.

Quote:
near mindless automaton
?? Please clarify so I can decide whether to agree with you on this.

Quote:
Erio and Caro I felt got shafted the most. Considering as kids what they go through, you'd think they'd have major, MAJOR, issues with the battles they go through. Even during the first mission, there should have been some sort of shock to them, considering kids their age aren't even on the bloody battlefield. They should be in a state in which their minds are probably going on about their first combat, how they could've done better, what they shouldn't have done, etc. etc.
Definitely agree, but to mark on that area, you'd have to put zero on probably every magical-girl production (I'm including the H-game parodies where at least they actually lose and suffer for it from time to time - they tend to recover in about one night even from the rapes...), all anime where kids fight in general, and in fact probably most military anime. Simulation of the various stresses (and their consequences) of combat, from freezing to PTSD just does not happen in anime (at least AFAIK).

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot Neon Genesis Evangelion. It did happen to some extent there with Shinji...

Even Son Gohan freezing in fear (simulation of one aspect) during his first fight with the Saiyajin is an extremely rare event - you'd notice his younger brother doesn't hold that weakness...

Quote:
WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND SENDS OUT CHILDREN!!! REGARDLESS OF WHO OR WHAT THEY ARE!!!
In that case, you'd have to diss the entire universe, along with many other MG and Super-Robot anime. This is a universe where children ostensibly gain enough knowledge to be mages or even officers at ridiculously young ages. It'd explain why the tactics suck so much but it really ain't a StrikerS only problem.

Quote:
Seriously, one of the 2ICs (2nd In Commands) should have dropped down with those two and at the very least keep an eye on them, letting them do their thing. Seriously, what commander in their right mind (stupid on Nanoha's and Fate's part) would send out rookies on their own?!!! If the commanders can't do the job, THAT'S WHAT 2ICs ARE FOR!!!!
The 2ICs weren't anywhere on the battlefield. I forgot where they were as of Ep5. Don't ask me what happened to teleportation - the only person that used it roughly right (or even used it period) this season was Lutecia.

Quote:
Here's something that really bothered me...WHY THE HELL ONLY TWO CHARACTERS DIED!!!! I mean seriously, only Regius and Zest died in this series! Bloodshed was kept on a down low until those two died.
Who else did you want dead?

Quote:
And another thing, WHY WAS IT ONLY JAIL WHO WAS THE ENEMY?!!! In real life, there would've been a shitload of other problems Unit 06 should have been handling, such as smugglers, poachers, regular thieves, other wanted criminals, and all the other joyous stuff any force would have to deal with.

I mean c'mon, there was only one major disaster prior to the grand attack by Jail, and even then, that was 4 YEARS AGO anime time.
There are a crapload of other units, from regular GF to the other 5 mobile divisions attacking such problems.

Last edited by arkhangelsk; 2007-11-25 at 20:08.
Old 2007-11-21, 06:02   Link #364
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Nanoha was never a bloodthirsty anime to start with. But if that satisfies you, Due died also and so did the 3 brains. Vita was close to death and Fate would have lost as well if Spaghetti would have been smart enough not to make a comm link between her and Caro/Erio. Finally Spaghetti should have died too, but Fate preferred to score a home run instead.
Maybe not, but more people should have died.

Scaglietti was being controlled the being called the writers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post

*shuts mouth*

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-11-21, 20:15   Link #365
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Even on the danger of making many enemies here, I wouldnt mind if Vice was shot down in his helicopter from Dieci.
Old 2007-11-21, 20:22   Link #366
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Even on the danger of making many enemies here, I wouldnt mind if Vice was shot down in his helicopter from Dieci.
I don't know about him crashing, but his craft taking a brutal beating at the very least, that would be a bit more believable.
Old 2007-11-21, 21:16   Link #367
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Believable is having Subaru kill Ginga instead of h4xx memory regain.

Or for nasty surprise, Ginga kill Subaru.

After all, if you want to kill someone, why not a character that would actually make an impact on the viewers?
Old 2007-11-21, 22:36   Link #368
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

And also all of the numbers perhaps. To be honest, there was one too many numbers who should have been rubbed out.
Old 2007-11-21, 23:02   Link #369
Tormenk

From the old guard, it has to be Vita.I bear no hate for her but given the extent of her injuries, she should have died on the Cradle back then.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2007-11-21, 23:05   Link #370
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Zafira and Shamal as well, it should have happened back when RF6 was attack.
Old 2008-01-14, 04:25   Link #371
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

wow just marathoned all 26 ep! Damn it was a good anime, really liked the ending where they have their last mock battle.. Now i feel that the Nanoha franchise is truly finished and I've gotten a satisfying ending!
Old 2008-01-15, 01:28   Link #372
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
From the old guard, it has to be Vita.I bear no hate for her but given the extent of her injuries, she should have died on the Cradle back then.
But she is one of most valuable lolis, the fanboys will go nuts if Vita dies.
Old 2008-01-15, 01:32   Link #373
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
I suppose, but then again, I think it would've been an honourable death to have died the way she did, taking out the engine.

At least that's my opinion.

Plus if anything, Hayate could probably rebuild Vita, using whatever back-up data the Tome of the Night Sky has.
Old 2008-01-15, 03:05   Link #374
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Plus if anything, Hayate could probably rebuild Vita, using whatever back-up data the Tome of the Night Sky has.
Now that might be worse than the death itself...
Old 2008-01-15, 03:40   Link #375
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Which is the point. Character deaths don't matter if the character that dies is one you hardly know. You don't feel anything for their loss, which ruins the purpose of them dieing. People love Vita, having Vita die would be an excellent source of drama. People would hate it, sure, but they'd remember her too. The Subaru/Ginga and Nanoha/Vivio fights already showed that fights that lack a connection between the characters fail to produce much drama. The same goes for character deaths.

Quote:
Ugh, no. The Dragonball series did that, and it ruined ant form of drama the series had left.

"Oh, he died again."

"Meh, they'll wish him back in a couple of episodes."

Besides, Shamal already said that this is their last life. When this one ends, its over for them.
Old 2008-01-15, 04:49   Link #376
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
wow just marathoned all 26 ep! Damn it was a good anime, really liked the ending where they have their last mock battle.. Now i feel that the Nanoha franchise is truly finished and I've gotten a satisfying ending!
Thats good for you that you enjoyed the whole StrikerS season...a lot of people in this sub forum, including myself, had mixed feelings about how this season of Nanoha was planned and executed.
Old 2008-01-24, 20:15   Link #377
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Quote:
Yeah definitely. But it WAS quite ridiculous that she survived. I was so sure she was a goner, it felt anti-climatic in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Which is the point. Character deaths don't matter if the character that dies is one you hardly know. You don't feel anything for their loss, which ruins the purpose of them dieing. People love Vita, having Vita die would be an excellent source of drama. People would hate it, sure, but they'd remember her too. The Subaru/Ginga and Nanoha/Vivio fights already showed that fights that lack a connection between the characters fail to produce much drama. The same goes for character deaths.
Fact is, all the forwards should have died, except maybe Teana. But they suddenly went DBZ powerup and pwnzors their respective opponents. Talk about haxx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
Thats good for you that you enjoyed the whole StrikerS season...a lot of people in this sub forum, including myself, had mixed feelings about how this season of Nanoha was planned and executed.
Mixed feelings? Hmm...not really very accurate. More like differing opinions in here. Some like it, some don't. Its that simple.
Old 2008-01-28, 16:44   Link #378
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
I pretty much marathoned StrikerS yesterday, with only 4 episodes left today and finished them just a bit ago.

I'll say, having watched Triangle Heart, MLGN, A's, and StrikerS in a 5 day span, I'm all Nanoha-ed out. O_O

But I must say I enjoyed them. I liked A's the best, probably because there was a lot of Fate and the Knights, which are my favorite characters. And Arf's puppy form was just ridiculously cute, and that's really all you see it in.

But, anyway, StrikerS, I thought, was reasonably well done. There are some things I'm not particularly keen on, but overall, things seemed to flow smoothly, with a few pockets here and there that I thought "WTF? Where did that come from?"

26 seemed... a little short? The epilogue of sorts was like 6 minutes, but didn't seem that long. But the rescue of Nanoha/Vivio/Hayate was, what, like, 2 minutes? Reminds me of Stripes....

"We zip in, we pick 'em up, we zip right out! It's like going in to Wisconsin!"

That was my biggest problem with 26. Of all the stuff in StrikerS, that was the most "Okay, NO...." to me. Don't know why... Doesn't NEARLY compare to what I think is the biggest, most ridiculous, insane plot-device in MLGN overall, and possibly of all time... Nanoha's mom in MLGN original all, "oh, you've got some problems? You need to leave the house for a few weeks with no contact between us? Sure, go right ahead, dearie."

WHAT MOTHER DOES THAT? For one who loves her children and family, I saw that happen twice in MLGN original and I just went, "You have GOT to be ****ING KIDDING ME."

But, anyway, that's that and this is Episode 26.

Things I liked:

Agito + Signum: Holy hell hotness. Signum is already the prettiest female in the entire MLGN universe as it is, but with Agito she was... hot. Literally. I think, push comes to shove, I prefer Signum in her usual barrier jacket, but Unison w/Agito is quite a nice change-up.

Caro and Erio getting transferred to.. what they got transferred to: Okay, I am very far from a tree-hugger or wildlife nut. But that was just so... different... what they got assigned to, totally unexpected and unique from other animes... that I just thought that was really cute... But isn't 10 years old WAAAAAY to young to be deeply in love with someone? O.o Give it time, folks, give it time. Play the field.

Things I didn't like:

Previously-mentioned rescue thingy.

Things I thought were frickin' hilarious:

The "penitent" combat cyborgs in a detention facility and prison skivvies. That was HILARIOUS. I couldn't stop laughing. That's another thing you don't see everyday in anime.

Anyway... Done with another series. Time to move onto something else. I think Umisho! is up next.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2008-01-29, 08:24   Link #379
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
*half-crying while typing*

Yeah, I was absolutely stupid to put faith in this series.

*gray-colored*

*Sigh*... I can't help but think about this series all the time, just not the good things, but the bad... It's depressing...

Well, I only think about Jail and the Numbers... Considering the good guys + Agito + Lutecia are straw dolls to me...

But tell me what more to think about, besides:

"Jail's been captured"
"He's depressed"
"The writers should drown"
"*sarcastic laugh* Practically every Number defected, for some reason..."
"And now they will be nice citizens that protect justice, love, and friendship... *breaks a printer*"
"No chance for season 4 for Jail"
"After all, he doesn't have much left"
"Nuke..."

Dark day, this was... Truly dark day... Very dark day... dark... dark... dark... dark...

He's Mr. Super Heal/Needs to die #10

In a way it would have been better if Jail had gotten the typical anime main antagonist treatment, and simply got killed one way or another in the big finale, or made a last-ditch escape of some sort. There's something about seeing him in jail like that (the humour of the obvious pun notwithstanding ) that just really degrades him a bit, I think.

The only real highlight of the final episode was the neat, and unexpected, Signum/Agito combo.

For that alone, I'll give the final episode 7/10.
Old 2010-09-06, 01:29   Link #380
Dr. Casey

Weird, the last episode got fewer posts than most of the earlier ones. Usually on AnimeSuki the finale always gets the most replies.
Closed Thread