AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-02-13, 11:51   Link #1
stsaturn

Why? why VBR audio and corrupt video?

Seriously what did I ever do to you??? Why must fansubbers use varible bit rate audio and spray magical pixy dust on the video so as that it cannot be saved by 95% of the video editing programs in existance. Anyone who might want to make AMV must go through hell and back just to recompress either one.

I am not mad or anything I just want to know why... and how do you make the video unrecompressable? I have been making AMVs for about 4 years and I still cant figure it out.

The best example I can think of is (Sorry for using you as an example you are actuactly one of my favorite groups) Comic Party Revolution subbed by Miyuki-Fansubs.

Virtual Dub (1.3, 1.4.13 and 1.5.4)
When virtual Dub versions 1.4-1.5 try to open it I get 7752ms (7.552 Seconds) of skew, thats alot of skew. Then I am off to try and play the file once opened thinking that I can recompress at 102.8+/-7.9kbps later and fix the problem... oops error decompressing frame 0 or any other frame in the file. Virtual Dub 1.3 no skew detected still can't decompress.

Ulead Media Studio Pro 6.5
Audio got recompressed video recompress gived me illegal operations.

Adobe Premeire 6.5
Hate it refuse to reinstall it untill I break down due to its sheer rendering goodness.

I am not so much asking for anyone to change anything just begging someone to tell me some way to get around it. I would also like to know how you do it, I am tired of people taking large portions from my video and claiming it as their own. I mean come on change it up a little bit.

Thanks.

Edit: Some small errors
stsaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-13, 12:01   Link #2
K_R
also known as K!

Open the video in vdub 1.5.9, it'll say something about rewriting the header, change audio to full proc mode and save the wav. It'll be uncompressed, but you can then compress it with lame as a cbr mp3.

Don't know about your video stream problems though.
K_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-13, 12:08   Link #3
lavalyn

Please move this thread to Tech Support

The AVI file format requires a constant audio stream bitrate. Period. Virtualdub adheres to this and barks rather loudly if you try otherwise to make such a file. Nandub will allow VBR mp3 audio, which in turn confuses Virtualdub.

Your best shot is to dump the audio to wave, then re-encode with a constant bitrate codec, as described above.

As for the video, take a look at Avisynth framserver which will do the reading of the video file you're having difficulty with and export itself as an uncompressed video/audio avi to applications.
lavalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-13, 12:27   Link #4
stsaturn

Thanks for all your help with the audio I will try Nandub and Lame to see if it gives me better options than Ulead audio editor. I am off now in search of Avisynth framserver. Thanks alot.

As for moving this thread to tech support I would ask that you not do that. One of my objectives was to talk to a fansubber. I figure if I post here rayearth will be along to yell at me for not going to his IRC room again. Anyways the decription under Fansub Groups is "Forum for discussions with and about fansub groups." If I am unable to talk to fansubbers about their use of audio/video encoding then I have no problem moving to tech support. For now I ask the mods to keep this thread here.

I would put quotes but as you can see from my number of posts i am not used to the new software, I miss Burning Board

Thanks

Edit: My search has ended, lack of sleep prevented me from noticing the link, Thanks a bunch.
Old 2004-02-13, 12:57   Link #5
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Just learn avisynth and your problems will go away.

You sound like a bit of a newbie encoder, I guess... Have you researched on the doom9 forums?

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-13, 13:35   Link #6
dbzgundam
A-Blitz Founder/Encoder

The simple method is just using VBR MP3 audio with a WAV tag....
dbzgundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-13, 15:57   Link #7
lavalyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbzgundam
The simple method is just using VBR MP3 audio with a WAV tag....
This is exactly why stsaturn is having audio skew problems. VBR audio in avi. Repeat after me: Constant Bitrate in AVI audio. The only reason it works is because DirectShow rounds in favor of a larger block than a smaller block than originally expected.

Virtualdub forum FAQ answer

(If you really really want vbr audio, go get yourself a container type that allows it - like ogg)

Last edited by lavalyn; 2004-02-13 at 16:09.
lavalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 07:18   Link #8
panianna

I have problems with Miyuki fansubs files too. I use to watch fansubs on DVD player which supports MPEG4 (XVID and DIVX), but it constantly refuses to play files created by Miyuki Funsubs. DVD player is much more sensitive then your average computer, it just plain refuses to play files that are not ISO compatible and I have to recompress them. Recompression is still pain in the a** and while recompressing I always lose quality.
panianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 06:53   Link #9
stsaturn

well thats great although I forgot about this thread the mods shot down my hope of talking to Miyuki fansubs after all. Thanks AS