AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-30, 22:28   Link #41
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Damn CR certainly hit the spots with series that i really want to watch for Fall season... dunno if i should subscribe to them anot. Looks worthy enough to me too, besides , Nico seems unreliable lately in delivering fast raws without being deleted.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 13:25   Link #42
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Hyakkaryouran Samurai Girls 01 - Ookami-san and the Monster Busting Squad:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 14:27   Link #43
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Spoiler for Episode 1 of Otome Youkai Zakuro:
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 14:34   Link #44
KariOhki

This is very much Sakura Wars crossed with Inuyasha to me. And I really liked the first episode, probably a 7 or 8 out of 10. The lead character is pretty funny, and I liked the assorted spirit designs.
Meidoshow: Maidklutz, Meirdio, Morooka, Seiba, Glassesmeido
KariOhki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 15:20   Link #45
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

"Prepare to be bewitched." I was. Nakahara Mai and Sakurai Takahiro were great. I liked all the pairings, including the threesome. Not sure whether they can sustain interest through a whole series, but this episode was highly enjoyable.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 15:32   Link #46
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Pleasantly surprised at this show. I read the first chapter of the manga, and to be honest, I was bored to death with it. But the anime somehow spiced it up....

...but then again, it might be the Seiyuus. I dunno, maybe with Nakahara Mai (IMO the best VA in technique) and Hanazawa Kana (IMO the most moe VA) both having major roles might have something to do with my enjoyment of the show.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 18:24   Link #47
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
"Prepare to be bewitched." I was. Nakahara Mai and Sakurai Takahiro were great. I liked all the pairings, including the threesome. Not sure whether they can sustain interest through a whole series, but this episode was highly enjoyable.
I get bewitched by girls with animal ears in general, but even accounting for that I really like the lead couple in this series. Zakuro has a real "refined tsundere" vibe going on and Agemaki has a lot more personality than some of the other male leads I've seen recently. The other pairings seem a little one note but it's not like they've had a lot of screen time to develop. Like you, I do worry about whether the show can sustain itself through its entire run, but it did pass the first episode test with flying colours.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 18:29   Link #48
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Much better than I expected, really. The comedy was good, mostly thanks to Agemaki scenes with his fear of Youkai and the whole shoujo stuff). I like the various designs for the spirits as well, and the romance between the pairings (which seems to be a very straightforward no loves intersect) is pretty sweet as well. I don't usually like OHKO battle scenes, but I like the melody that accompanies it. I just hope that it won't always be Zakuro fighting to see some variety.

Yeah, all this stuff is pretty good for the first episode, but I agree with Kaoru Chujo that in order to sustain our interests for future episodes more development are needed. There seems to be some sort of storyline already with the unsolved mystery of the berserk Raiju, so that's something at least.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 21:47   Link #49
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Haha, acting cool = epic fail. Lol! That's pretty embarassing. Oh and on a side note, how is that kid got so lucky to have twins with him hm?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 22:22   Link #50
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 23:31   Link #51
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Haha, acting cool = epic fail. Lol! That's pretty embarassing. Oh and on a side note, how is that kid got so lucky to have twins with him hm?
Damn that lucky jerk . He got a good seat that day. Of course he's probably going to be dragged along to their pace.

Spoiler for Ep1:
Old 2010-10-05, 07:00   Link #52
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

So why's this still in the unaired section?
Old 2010-10-05, 08:10   Link #53
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
So why's this still in the unaired section?
It has to be subbed.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 08:37   Link #54
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
It has to be subbed.
Not any more. The policy changed with the summer (??) season. All shows move to current after they've aired regardless if they've been subbed yet or not. The real answer is that the mods haven't gotten around to moving it yet. That's all.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 08:46   Link #55
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Besides, it has been subbed.

... Two minutes was enough for me. Not sure about the series itself but there's something bothering me how their eyes are ... ugh.
Old 2010-10-05, 09:31   Link #56
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
It has to be subbed.
Crunchyroll~
Old 2010-10-05, 10:47   Link #57
SkoolRumble4Ya

I never thought I enjoy this at first peek at the trailer but now I enjoy it.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 11:44   Link #58
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Those are some moe youkais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
...but then again, it might be the Seiyuus. I dunno, maybe with Nakahara Mai (IMO the best VA in technique) and Hanazawa Kana (IMO the most moe VA) both having major roles might have something to do with my enjoyment of the show.
I couldn't agree more. Nakahara Mai is definitely one of the most talented seiyuu around, it's so good to hear in a major role again. And of course, Kana-chan sounded super moe as always.

First episode was very nice. I didn't expect the main character to be so "lame", the guy was just hilarious in some scenes. Thankfully, he's not a total wuss and can act when the situation requires it. The bewitching scene (not sure how I should call it) was magnificently done, I loved both the visuals and the song. Characters were all very enjoyable and they were nicely paired up (why does the younger guy get to have twins? That's not fair!).
Old 2010-10-05, 12:05   Link #59
paladinenvec

I think that it was a solid anime however i hope that the pray that the girls do when battling does not repeat ep after ep that much since it can get a little...annoying, anyway i expect some good interactions between characters...
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 12:24   Link #60
LKK

I almost passed on this show because I've never been a big fan of Lily Hoshino's artwork. Mostly what I've seen is her BL work where the ukes look so much like girls that they might as well be girls. But I thought I'd give the show a try because of Takahiro Sakurai. (Okay, I admit that's a shallow reason, but it's the truth. ) I guess when Hoshino's girly ukes really are girls, it makes a difference for me, because I liked the artwork and its anime interpretation here. More importantly, I liked the characters, especially the lead pair. I'm adding this to my watch list because I want to see what happens with the couples. Count me in.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2010-10-05 at 16:59.
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, seinen