AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-09-08, 01:53   Link #221
Tren Mashidar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Roberto
Hey Tren Mashidar, do you watch Naruto? The Naruto GIF thread is a good place to start. Plenty of requests, so there is a good chance you'll be able to get a project.
Ah i do watch the series, but alot of times i don't keep them long after i watch them. Most of the time i make these icons to put in people's livejournals, or just as a project to post one i make each day in my live journal. I think i've made over 30 so far. To keep track i have a thread on a message board that just has all the one's i've made listed so i know just what i have done so far. *chuckles*
Tren Mashidar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 01:48   Link #222
Uzumaki626
-=GIF Sennin=-

Send a message via MSN to Uzumaki626
Tren your transitions are fine and im glad my guide was of use to you . When I say transitions, i mean instead of having a GIF of for (a stupid) ex. Someone jumping up, instead of making him jump up then start the gif again with him at the bottom, copy the frames and paste all of them at the end of the sequence and change its order so that it looks like he lands, then you can make a pause at the end, so it shows him jumping up and down and up and down, it makes it more fluid and not like theres something big cut from the scene (which there is, but hides that fact lol)

just be creative with this kind of stuff and you can actually make gif-scenes that never happend in the anime and still have it look great

Naruto4Lifer - unless the gif itself has transparancy, im not sure whether its possible to put the gif on a background of a jpg unless you use the erasor and erase all the background from the gif so it shows up on the background from the jpg which will be incredibly tedious and not worth your time. But if the background of the gif is transparent, just set the jpg img to be shown on every frame, and move the layer to the bottom, so the gif shows up OVER the jpg. good luck
Uzumaki626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-11, 21:17   Link #223
Sana

Send a message via AIM to Sana Send a message via MSN to Sana
Animation makers

I've seen a lot of people on this forum make little repeating animations of anime clips, and I was wondering what software is used to do that?

I'm interested in making them myself. :-)

I used to use animation shop and windows movie maker (teeeeedious), but wmm doesn't let you take screencaps anymore.
Sana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 00:01   Link #224
Green²
It's bacon!

You'll find just about everything that you'll need throughout this thread.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 04:38   Link #225
Danger

is there an easier way to loop the gif? instead of duplicating the frame and sending it to the end of the line?

like say a gif i was making had 5 frames. Normally it goes 1 to 5 and then back to one.
(Frames 1-2-3-4-5-1)

is there a way to make it go frames 1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2-1 so its got more a fluid "back and forth" animation, but without having to duplicate ever single frame and then moving it to the end of the animation?

does anyone get what im saying?

Last edited by Danger; 2004-09-17 at 03:30.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 01:51   Link #226
Uzumaki626
-=GIF Sennin=-

Send a message via MSN to Uzumaki626
duplicating the frame and moving it to the end doesnt take too long if its short enough, if its not then your gif is probably too long for its own good anways
Uzumaki626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 03:30   Link #227
Danger

alright, i just thought that there might be an easier way. I'll figure something out.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 02:09   Link #228
hooliganj
Team Player

Just trying my hand at this...

Here is the same pick in 256-color mode and 32-color mode, sized 89k and 45k respectively:
Spoiler for jumpin' Jin:

I'm comparing the quality of the two shots, while simultaneously showing off the work, such as it is. Fun stuff.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-26, 15:31   Link #229
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

avi to gif

Nothing fancy..any idiot can do this. with the exception of me.

The thing that get's my goose is that i'v tryed 7 different avi to gif programmes.
And for some reason EACH AND EVERYONE OF THEM DON'T WORK

I'v tried
123 avi to gif
bannermaker
Fancy video
OSS video decompiler
avi to gif
and some more.

Im either hexed or im doing something wrong. Errors vary from: Could't get bla bla [random set of numers] Or everything goes according to plan but i end up getting only 1 frame whil i speciafically cut out 4 frames or more.

Can anyone give me a program for this wich is SURE TO WORK and ease to handle for a moron like me?

thnx in advance

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-09-27 at 02:29. Reason: Threads merged
Animizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-26, 20:33   Link #230
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Congratulations, there's a whole tutorial on ripping animated GIFs from AVIs. Basically just use VirtualDub to copy frames and ImageReady to edit them.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 16:24   Link #231
thexylophonefish

I lurved it!!

Hehe... Here's some things I did. ^__^

I wasn't able to get borders on that one... It messed up and I was sad.

GAH!! This one messed up on optimization... :|
thexylophonefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 19:38   Link #232
hooliganj
Team Player

I can't seem to find this mentioned anywhere in this thread, so I thought I'd ask. In GIMP, is there a way to put a border on a transparent frame and have it appear on top the whole time? Or do I just have to go in and apply the border to each frame by hand, and hope that the 'combine' method will reduce the filesize? If it is possible, please include some instructions, I'm totally lost.
Old 2004-09-30, 19:55   Link #233
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj
I can't seem to find this mentioned anywhere in this thread, so I thought I'd ask. In GIMP, is there a way to put a border on a transparent frame and have it appear on top the whole time? Or do I just have to go in and apply the border to each frame by hand, and hope that the 'combine' method will reduce the filesize? If it is possible, please include some instructions, I'm totally lost.
Well, since I haven't used GIMP yet I don't really know how it works, but in ImageReady all you have to do is make a layer for the border and make sure the border is on the very top and that it's showing in every frame. Maybe the system's the same in GIMP?
Old 2004-09-30, 20:18   Link #234
hooliganj
Team Player

It might be, but how do I make parts of it transparent, while others show up, and how do I make it stay on top throughout the sequence? I was just wondering if anybody knew how to do it with the freeware program.
Old 2004-10-01, 07:41   Link #235
Green²
It's bacon!

Borders

Note that this guide should not alter image dimensions, for that the frames/layers will not be resized and that the borders will be drawn onto the frame region.

0) You should already have all of your frame layers loaded into GIMP at this point.

1) Create a new transparent layer using the New Layer icon that is located at the bottom left of the Layers window.

2) Draw border on that transparent layer.(Be sure that the transparent layer is highlighted/selected in the layers window to avoid drawing on other layers.)
http://s02.imagehost.org/0199/Border_Layer.jpg
http://s02.imagehost.org/0199/Drawing_Green_Border.jpg

3) Duplicate the transparent layer for every number of frames that you are using by using the Duplicate Layer icon that is located at the center/bottom of the Layers window. (Icon looks like two stacked papers.)

4) Lower the border layers so that one of those layers are above each frame layer.
http://s02.imagehost.org/0199/Lower_Layer.jpg
http://s02.imagehost.org/0199/Lowered_Layers_2.jpg

5) Right-click on the border layer and select Merge Down to apply the border to the frame. (Repeat this step 5 for every number of border layers that you are using.)
http://s02.imagehost.org/0199/Merge_...der_Layers.jpg

6) Border should now be on every frame.

http://s02.imagehost.org/0199/After_Merge.jpg

Final Example:
Old 2004-10-01, 09:34   Link #236
hooliganj
Team Player

Thanks for the input, although that's not really any different than just applying the border to each frame in the image editor of your choice. Since the frames should all be the same size anyway, you can just create an overlay, then copy onto each pic and save. Same result either way.

I was hoping I could apply one master layer and have part of it (a specific color, say) be transparent, but it looks like I'd have to pay for a bigger program for that feature. Not that applying the border manually is really that hard, I'm just always on the lookout for a good shortcut.
Old 2004-10-01, 10:23   Link #237
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj
Thanks for the input, although that's not really any different than just applying the border to each frame in the image editor of your choice. Since the frames should all be the same size anyway, you can just create an overlay, then copy onto each pic and save. Same result either way.
Only for image editors and file formats that support a alpha channel. Though if you mess up in GIMP, it's a quick fix. And that duplication process makes it even faster with less worries of compression errors.

Quote:
I was hoping I could apply one master layer and have part of it (a specific color, say) be transparent, but it looks like I'd have to pay for a bigger program for that feature. Not that applying the border manually is really that hard, I'm just always on the lookout for a good shortcut.
I haven't been able to find a way for GIMP to do this. But the only thing that would likely work is to create a script to execute that procedure,.. something that I am unable to do,.. unless there is already a script provided with GIMP that I don't know about.
Old 2004-10-16, 10:21   Link #238
sinistral
SOS団

Thanks for the guide.. manage to make a head spinner from School Rumble.. got a question to ask.. is it the more number of frames, the bigger the file size ? i got 12 frames and yet it reach 70kb when its dimension is at 100 width.
sinistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 10:35   Link #239
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Yes, more numbers of frames and more color/higher quality equals larger file size. x_x
Old 2004-10-16, 10:45   Link #240
sinistral
SOS団

ic.. im kinda lazy person.. is there any ways i can find out how to make borders for my gif.. thanks in advance!
sinistral is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animated gifs, graphics