AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-12, 12:44   Link #2981
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Yeah, still not really seeing the hate Ashley gets in ME1, she's not that bad. Angry at Shepard for working with Cerberus in ME2 is pretty damned justified given what Cerberus did in ME1.
That would work for anyone not that close to Shepard. Shepard said it well at one point in ME3: "I shouldn't have to explain myself to you, Ash." That generally goes for anyone of your group, especially if you've been playing Paragon.
Old 2012-04-12, 12:47   Link #2982
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Isn't the salarian head person who asks you to betray ____ a female Salarian? He or she has a very girly voice.
No turian females THOUGH.
Old 2012-04-12, 12:48   Link #2983
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
No turian females THOUGH.
They should have atleast haved garrus's sister talk to him. And maybe flirt about male shep for some comedy.
Old 2012-04-12, 14:10   Link #2984
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
They should have atleast haved garrus's sister talk to him. And maybe flirt about male shep for some comedy.
"My mandibles got caught in his nose!"
"She said she wanted something calibrated..."
"He had flexibility, but I had reach/range..."
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 14:30   Link #2985
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Yeah, still not really seeing the hate Ashley gets in ME1, she's not that bad. Angry at Shepard for working with Cerberus in ME2 is pretty damned justified given what Cerberus did in ME1.
She gets hate for her attitude in ME1, not her brief cameo in ME2. She's not called "boring racist girl" for nothing. ME3 definitely gave her character development, though apparently almost all of it was off-screen.
Old 2012-04-12, 14:47   Link #2986
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
She gets hate for her attitude in ME1, not her brief cameo in ME2. She's not called "boring racist girl" for nothing. ME3 definitely gave her character development, though apparently almost all of it was off-screen.
Yeah, it is pretty hard to get mad at Ashley in ME2, consider the fact that if you hate her to begin with, she would never have survived long enough to be in ME2.
Old 2012-04-12, 15:02   Link #2987
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Yeah, it is pretty hard to get mad at Ashley in ME2, consider the fact that if you hate her to begin with, she would never have survived long enough to be in ME2.
Yes, but she keeps the same retardation for half of ME3 for little reason. I kept explaining it to her over and over again... I mean SERIOUSLY, what the hell, we've been through all that and she STILL doesn't trust Shepard? >_> Sometimes I thought I should have let her die in ME1, but then I'd be stuck with Kaidan... Ouch...
Old 2012-04-12, 15:56   Link #2988
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
hat would work for anyone not that close to Shepard. Shepard said it well at one point in ME3: "I shouldn't have to explain myself to you, Ash."
So if someone close to you goes to work for a terrorist organization (and in Shepard's cases an organization they have tried to wipe out personally not so long ago) you wouldn't want an explanation? Really? If anything, everyone, Kaidan and Ashley included swallows Shepard working for Cerberus way too easy.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 16:15   Link #2989
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
So if someone close to you goes to work for a terrorist organization (and in Shepard's cases an organization they have tried to wipe out personally not so long ago) you wouldn't want an explanation? Really? If anything, everyone, Kaidan and Ashley included swallows Shepard working for Cerberus way too easy.
An explanation, yes. Refusing to properly listen to said explanation and constantly doubting him even after said explanation, no.

A genuine explanation makes a lot of sense too. "There are human colonies disappearing and I'm using Cerberus to find out why since the Alliance can't do squat right now. Yeah, I don't trust them either, but I'm a spectre remember? Working on the shady side of the law is what we do. And better I can keep an eye on Cerberus where I am anyway. Maybe dig up some info we could use. Or would you prefer I just let the collectors and Cerberus both do what they want?"
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 16:20   Link #2990
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Yeah I was getting pretty mad at Ash in ME3. I should have shot her during the Citadel coup, but she's an excellent party member gameplay-wise...
Old 2012-04-12, 18:51   Link #2991
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Yeah I was getting pretty mad at Ash in ME3. I should have shot her during the Citadel coup, but she's an excellent party member gameplay-wise...
I was hoping the renegade option would allow me to do this to Kaidan. Had I known the neutral option would, I'd certainly have done it. Nobody points a gun at me after taking my liquor and saying we're good.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 18:55   Link #2992
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I went back and loaded an old savegame just to shoot Ashley.
Old 2012-04-12, 19:13   Link #2993
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I may actually let her survive Virmire next time (never have in the past) just because the prospect of killing her personally later is that appealing.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 02:58   Link #2994
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
If I ever replay the game will do so just for the enjoyment of putting a bullet in Ashley .
Old 2012-04-14, 06:17   Link #2995
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Has anyone downloaded the new MP expansion yet ?

I had a go on one of the new maps last night (the daytime one) and noticed that for some odd reason the enemies can simply shoot you over the top of all the small cover if your playing as a Turian (quite possibly with the krogan too) ?!

Not sure if it was just a glitch but its almost like they didn't make the walls high enough to accommodate the Turians bulkier armor...

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 06:23   Link #2996
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Has anyone downloaded the new MP expansion yet ?

I had a go on one of the new maps last night (the daytime one) and noticed that for some odd reason the enemies can simply shoot you over the top of all the small cover if your playing as a Turian (quite possibly with the krogan too) ?!

Not sure if it was just a glitch but its almost like they didn't make the walls high enough to accommodate the Turians bulkier armor...
That's game mechanics I think. You can do the same to Assault Troopers, Geth Troopers, Marauders and other enemies behind cover. Here, the design of the cover matters as much as being behind it, and some cover have holes or shaved-off portions that you can shoot through to get to the enemy behind it. Also, if you're on a higher position than your enemy they expose more of themselves due to angle and thus you can better shoot them, though this also applies to you if your enemies are in higher cover. And Firebase Hydra (the one you're on) has lots of raised positions to shoot from.

Turians and Krogans just get the shorter end of the stick in cover because of how large they are, to compensate for them being tougher overall.

The Resurgence DLC is definitely a must-have for multiplayer, if only for Geth. Playing as a Geth Engineer is the most fun I've had playing Engineers in a Mass Effect game. Instantly regenerating shields via Geth Turret + Hunter Mode wallhack and power bonuses = Win

I do want to unlock the Geth Infiltrator, if only to troll your allies into thinking you're a Geth Hunter using Geth Plasma Shotgun

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 11:13   Link #2997
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
I went back and loaded an old savegame just to shoot Ashley.
You need a restraining order to keep you away from her VAer.
Old 2012-04-14, 11:32   Link #2998
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
That's game mechanics I think. You can do the same to Assault Troopers, Geth Troopers, Marauders and other enemies behind cover. Here, the design of the cover matters as much as being behind it, and some cover have holes or shaved-off portions that you can shoot through to get to the enemy behind it. Also, if you're on a higher position than your enemy they expose more of themselves due to angle and thus you can better shoot them, though this also applies to you if your enemies are in higher cover. And Firebase Hydra (the one you're on) has lots of raised positions to shoot from.

Turians and Krogans just get the shorter end of the stick in cover because of how large they are, to compensate for them being tougher overall.
It doesn't happen on any to me at all on any other map though =/

I've played my fair share of MP (i'm like N7 lvl 175 or something) but recently I've been playing almost exclusively with the Turian soldier and never had this problem up until the new maps, even when I was above the enemy in the bunker-like structure I was STILL get shot while behind cover...

Its like they've scaled the cover for the level incorrectly or something.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 12:50   Link #2999
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I just got an advertisement email from EA about Mass Effect 3 with the following quote:

Quote:
"... Mass Effect 3 has provoked a bigger fan reaction than any other videogame's conclusion in the medium's history."

- Entertainment Weekly
Well yeah, no shit. Why don't you grow a quad and mention that the fan reaction was negative, EA? ¬.¬
Old 2012-04-14, 12:58   Link #3000
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

No such thing as bad publicity, they say...

Tags
effect, games, mass