AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-09-04, 06:12   Link #401
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
It doesn't say where the spoiler comes from and it indicates
Spoiler for Light Novel - Aincrad arc and Vol 8 & 9:
Then, be the best, safest caption for that spoiler. Because I had assumed, that, by itself it shouldn't have anything to do with the series itself unless it had specifically indicated events from the LNs... which it hasn't btw.

Question: if only a technical question is asked, how can it potentially spoil someone in a series like SAO?
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 06:25   Link #402
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Question: if only a technical question is asked, how can it potentially spoil someone in a series like SAO?
Because it hints at the existence of things that people don't already know about. Our spoiler policy isn't just about "whether it will ruin the plot", but about whether it reveals anything that the reader doesn't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler Policy
A spoiler is anything that discloses an event, character, plot or other information before it is revealed within the specific work being discussed.
This may not be the definition that is applied everywhere in the world, but that is the meaning we apply here. If you tell me anything I could not have known based on what I've seen or read, that's a spoiler (it gives something -- anything -- away). We use the anime as a baseline in most cases because we're primarily an anime forum.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...
Old 2012-09-04, 06:31   Link #403
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Then, be the best, safest caption for that spoiler. Because I had assumed, that, by itself it shouldn't have anything to do with the series itself unless it had specifically indicated events from the LNs... which it hasn't btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Because it hints at the existence of things that people don't already know about. Our spoiler policy isn't just about "whether it will ruin the plot", but about whether it reveals anything that the reader doesn't know.

This may not be the definition that is applied everywhere in the world, but that is the meaning we apply here. If you tell me anything I could not have known based on what I've seen or read, that's a spoiler (it gives something -- anything -- away). We use the anime as a baseline in most cases because we're primarily an anime forum.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...
And it could accidentally reveal a bigger spoiler by connecting bits and pieces of information (or little spoilers).
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 07:25   Link #404
richardtengcy

Spoiler for About Yui:
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 07:29   Link #405
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardtengcy View Post
Spoiler for Morning Dew Girl & Yui's Heart:
An example of stuff that needs to be put in spoilers.

Spoiler for reply:
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 16:59   Link #406
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

I know this is a stupid question but....which day of the week does it show an new episode?
Old 2012-09-07, 17:00   Link #407
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2352 View Post
I know this is a stupid question but....which day of the week does it show an new episode?
Saturday.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 17:01   Link #408
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Thanks for the quick reply Aphrah!
Old 2012-09-07, 19:30   Link #409
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2352 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply Aphrah!
It actually airs at midnight between Saturday and Sunday (no pun intended). Programming-schedule-wise it's on Saturday but real-time-wise it's on Sunday. All times being JST, of course.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 21:24   Link #410
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Even though it wasn't intended to be a pun, it was still funny. Thanks for being accurate on the timing lightbringer!
Old 2012-09-08, 07:45   Link #411
natsu_san

Question Lots of unclear aspects about SAO

Hello. I'm a bit a newbie in this series, as I began watching the anime one week ago and have been reading the LN since then.

However after that time I still don't really get some parts.
I tried to read this whole thread before posting my message and I think my questions still haven't been answered.

Spoiler for Timeline continuity:

Spoiler for Subject-person during the story:

Spoiler for Kirito's dual wield and fishing:

Spoiler for Second anime episode:

Spoiler for Will it ever end? Kirito x Asuna?:

I hope you can help me in answering these questions. Maybe I missed some important points while reading the LN, in which case I'm sorry. I find it a bit "heavy" to read because 80% of it is the description of the scenary & people, which you "see" directly in the anime. Reading the whole volume 3 for instance took me around half a day (AVG 90 minutes for each chapter). Although I may not be a quick reader, I find it a bit heavy compared at least with the anime.
I even tried to read the manga but didn't really like its style. Both anime and LN are better IMHO, although that may be a personal taste.
natsu_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 07:57   Link #412
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by natsu_san View Post
The novel is consistently written in first person, even throughout the later stories. However, it spends at least half the time from the perspective of other characters (usually the "heroine" of the story). So it switches back and forth from Kirito's perspective to other people's.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 08:09   Link #413
natsu_san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Spoiler for Reply to Subject-Story:
Spoiler for My thoughts:

Last edited by natsu_san; 2012-09-08 at 08:19.
Old 2012-09-08, 08:20   Link #414
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Spoiler for My thoughts:
Spoiler for perspectives of writing in LN:
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 08:26   Link #415
natsu_san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Spoiler for perspectives of writing in LN:
Spoiler for Thanks Clarste:
Old 2012-09-08, 08:54   Link #416
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
The series originally started off as a short story for some sort of Dengeki writing competition. Kawahara Reki didn't win, so he continued this story as a web novel. It proved to be very popular, garnering many views, and after he submitted Accel World to the same competition, which he won, they (the publishing company) also noticed that Sword Art Online was extremely popular, and decided to publish it as well. So basically, volume 1 was written as a stand-alone story, and volume 2 (SAO side stories), other side stories such as "Aria in the Starless Night", and a side story in volume 8 were all written to fill in the gaps. As a result of this, the Aincrad arc is a chronological mess. The author is currently writing "Sword Art Online: Progressive", which is a re-write of the Aincrad arc, and it's main purposes are to make the story more fluidic and coherent, as well as stamp out any plot holes or inconsistencies.

Quote:
Clarste's already answered this, so there's no need for me to do so.

Quote:
Spoilers
Spoiler for Response
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Yes, this being an adaptation (as opposed to a translation), the studio had to skip certain parts, or else this episode would've stretched on for too long, and that would've meant that the main story would have had to suffer.

Quote:
Spoilers
Spoiler for Response/volume 4 onwards spoilers
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-14 at 00:13. Reason: Fixed quote tags
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 09:11   Link #417
Krono

Quote:
Spoiler for Response:
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 09:15   Link #418
natsu_san

Thank you for your long reply, Aphrah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
The series originally started off as a short story for some sort of Dengeki writing competition. Kawahara Reki didn't win, so he continued this story as a web novel. It proved to be very popular, garnering many views, and after he submitted Accel World to the same competition, which he won, they (the publishing company) also noticed that Sword Art Online was extremely popular, and decided to publish it as well. So basically, volume 1 was written as a stand-alone story, and volume 2 (SAO side stories), other side stories such as "Aria in the Starless Night", and a side story in volume 8 were all written to fill in the gaps. As a result of this, the Aincrad arc is a chronological mess. The author is currently writing "Sword Art Online: Progressive", which is a re-write of the Aincrad arc, and it's main purposes are to make the story more fluidic and coherent, as well as stamp out any plot holes or inconsistencies.
Quote:
Spoiler for Response:
Spoiler for Answer to dual wield:

Sorry for the self-replied silly question. Definitively over the internet there is a bit of confusion about this (at least, it seemed that way to me).

Quote:
Yes, this being an adaptation (as opposed to a translation), the studio had to skip certain parts, or else this episode would've stretched on for too long, and that would've meant that the main story would have had to suffer.
Hope they won't put 50% fillers like they do on major manga series (Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, ...) if they go through the trouble of shortening chapters. That would be a real shame and the story itself will get boring IMHO.

Quote:

Spoiler for Response/volume 4 onwards spoilers:
Spoiler for Thank you for the clarification:

Spoiler for Web novel:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-14 at 00:15. Reason: Fix spoiler tag
Old 2012-09-08, 09:17   Link #419
natsu_san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Spoiler for Response:
Thank you. Indeed, beat my post's correction by a couple of minutes .
Thanks anyway
Old 2012-09-08, 09:21   Link #420
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Spoiler for Timeline Answer:

Quote:
Spoiler for Fishing:

Quote:
The anime writers wanted to squeeze the whole story into one episode and left a bunch of stuff out. We should just assume they formed a party for the raid and Kirito disbanded it afterwards.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a